The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November tests general

+33
Geen sport voor watjes
RiscaGame
Exiledinborders
tigertattie
LordDowlais
TrailApe
Barney McGrew did it
Artful_Dodger
LeinsterFan4life
mikey_dragon
BamBam
The Great Aukster
aucklandlaurie
alanmackie6
Rugby Fan
Pot Hale
munkian
GunsGermsV2
SecretFly
LondonTiger
Cyril
Maine man
Poorfour
Sgt_Pooly
carpet baboon
No 7&1/2
Biltong
kingelderfield
Taylorman
Yoda
WELL-PAST-IT
Collapse2005
profitius
37 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

November tests general Empty November tests general

Post by profitius Mon 22 Oct 2018, 3:52 pm

The list is below. Any predictions as to what might happen?
https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2018/

WEEK 1
Saturday 3rd November 2018

-Japan v New Zealand
Ajinomoto Stadium, Tokyo
Kick off: 5:45am

-Wales v Scotland
Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Kick off: 2:45pm

-England v South Africa
Twickenham Stadium, London
Kick off: 3:00pm

-Ireland v Italy
Soldier Field, Chicago
Kick off: 8:00pm

WEEK 2
Saturday 10th November 2018

-Italy v Georgia
Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence
Kick off: 2:00pm

-Scotland v Fiji
BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Kick off: 2:30pm

-England v New Zealand

-Wales v Australia
Kick off: 5:20pm

-Ireland v Argentina
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Kick off: 6:30pm

-France v South Africa
Stade de France, Paris
Kick off: 7:45pm

WEEK 3
Saturday 17th November 2018

-Italy v Australia
Stadio Euganeo, Padua

-Wales v Tonga

-England v Japan

-Scotland v South Africa

-Ireland v New Zealand
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Kick off: 7:00pm

-France v Argentina
Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille

WEEK 4
Saturday 24th November 2018

-Italy v New Zealand
Stadio Olimpico, Rome

-Scotland v Argentina

-England v Australia

-Wales v South Africa

-Ireland v USA
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Kick off: 6:30pm

-France v Fiji
Stade de France, Paris

WEEK 5
Saturday 1st December 2018

-Barbarians v Argentina
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

November tests general Empty Re: November tests general

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 22 Oct 2018, 4:25 pm

I predict England to do a SANZAR grand slam.

The most interesting games for me are:

England v SANZAR - Can England turn it all around and do a SANZAR slam?
Ireland v NZ - Who is the best side of 2018, currently based on ranking of sides played and win/loss its Ireland. Summer tour for Ireland is away but at home for NZ.
Wales v Australia - surely Wales can now based on rankings finally get a win v Australia?
France v Argentina -  France v Argentina tends to be a well balanced game especially in recent years the win/loss is pretty much identical.
Scotland v South Africa is also one I look forward to as its been about 10 years since Scotland have come close to a win v SA.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 22 Oct 2018, 4:30 pm

I think the way things are going you could put a "B" after England for the first three tests and the same for SA for their out of Int. Window test as they will not have their English or presumably French contingent
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 22 Oct 2018, 4:33 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:I think the way things are going you could put a "B" after England for the first three tests and the same for SA for their out of Int. Window test as they will not have their English or presumably French contingent

Why would it be a B for England's first 3 tests?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 22 Oct 2018, 5:41 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:I think the way things are going you could put a "B" after England for the first three tests and the same for SA for their out of Int. Window test as they will not have their English or presumably French contingent

Why would it be a B for England's first 3 tests?

A number of players will probably be back or suspensions finished
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 22 Oct 2018, 5:59 pm

I doubt it will be a B team. A few injurues maybe

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 22 Oct 2018, 6:21 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:I predict England to do a SANZAR grand slam.

The most interesting games for me are:

England v SANZAR - Can England turn it all around and do a SANZAR slam?
Ireland v NZ - Who is the best side of 2018, currently based on ranking of sides played and win/loss its Ireland. Summer tour for Ireland is away but at home for NZ.
Wales v Australia - surely Wales can now based on rankings finally get a win v Australia?
France v Argentina -  France v Argentina tends to be a well balanced game especially in recent years the win/loss is pretty much identical.
Scotland v South Africa is also one I look forward to as its been about 10 years since Scotland have come close to a win v SA.

A NZ sweep, as usual. Whistle
(At least I back my side and dont dance all around it giving a million reasons theyre better without actually committing to a decision so I can spout afterwards I never said theyd win...just like the side, no confidence laughing )

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 22 Oct 2018, 7:20 pm

I never said Ireland were better than New Zealand. Im not to blame for your comprehension difficulties.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 22 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:I never said Ireland were better than New Zealand. Im not to blame for your comprehension difficulties.

Never said theyd beat them either, the point of the article.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 23 Oct 2018, 7:19 am

Will be interesting to see whether Rassie can show further improvement this tour.

The challenge for him with only eight test matches before the RWC is not being able to select on basis of continuity due to overseas players.

Thus his team is in continued flux.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 23 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

Biltong wrote:Will be interesting to see whether Rassie can show further improvement this tour.

The challenge for him with only eight test matches before the RWC is not being able to select on basis of continuity due to overseas players.

Only Faf de Klerk is ineligible and SA only have one test outside the international window so all other players should be available for all other games. You aren't that much in flux at all. It looks like to me that Rassie has a good idea of who his squad is already although I agree he probably hasn't had enough time to really gel everything together.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Tue 23 Oct 2018, 9:39 am

An England grandslam? This isn't 2016 collapse. We might at a push get within 10 of nz if we have a good day. Sa could go either way. Japan we should win but pick up more injuries and we are seriously in danger and Australia at the end again not overall confident. I will look on with hope rather than expectation.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 23 Oct 2018, 9:51 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
Biltong wrote:Will be interesting to see whether Rassie can show further improvement this tour.

Only Faf de Klerk is ineligible and SA only have one test outside the international window so all other players should be available for all other games. You aren't that much in flux at all. It looks like to me that Rassie has a good idea of who his squad is already although I agree he probably hasn't had enough time to really gel everything together.

So far Willie le Roux and Faf arent available for the tour, we still waiting for confirmation on Others.

Team selections are in flux because there is no continuity in selection.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 26 Oct 2018, 3:04 am

Hansens picked a slightly weird mix for the Japan Wallabies test. DMac at fullback?

But good to see the return of the Props. Moody, Franks, Tu'inukuafe, Laulala and a pretty awesome looking bench.

New Zealand: Damian McKenzie, Ben Smith, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (c), Ardie Savea, Liam Squire, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody:

Reserves: Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Matt Todd, Aaron Smith, Richie Mo'unga, Anton Lienert-Brown.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Fri 26 Oct 2018, 6:07 am

I previously predicted England winning just 1 game this autumn (Japan) and though the game versus RSA has become a selection farce, I see no real reason to change my mind.
The dum and predictable host of injuries only underlines the appalling player management and disregard the corporate brigade have for the players and game at large.
Its only really getting worse.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 26 Oct 2018, 6:53 am

kingelderfield wrote:I previously predicted England winning just 1 game this autumn (Japan) and though the game versus RSA has become a selection farce, I see no real reason to change my mind.
The dum and predictable host of injuries only underlines the appalling player management and disregard the corporate brigade have for the players and game at large.
Its only really getting worse.

Yep, all about the money.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:03 am

But you've always been so relentlessly positive about england in the past king.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:21 am

Who remembers when England were riding high and Eddie Jones was all bluster and hot air?

Eddie Jones came out with this when talking about the ABs.....

"They're a bloody good side but they're beatable. You've got to take on their weaknesses ... and they've got significant weaknesses. I'm not going to share them with you now; in 2018 I will”

So I wonder, where are you Eddie? Been a bit quiet lately. Look forward to you showing us the significant weaknesses this November.

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:26 am

Taylorman wrote:Hansens picked a slightly weird mix for the Japan Wallabies test. DMac at fullback?

But good to see the return of the Props. Moody, Franks, Tu'inukuafe, Laulala and a pretty awesome looking bench.

New Zealand: Damian McKenzie, Ben Smith, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (c), Ardie Savea, Liam Squire, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody:

Reserves: Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Matt Todd, Aaron Smith, Richie Mo'unga, Anton Lienert-Brown.

Id imagine he realises DMac isnt really an out half.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:28 am

Yoda wrote:An England grandslam? This isn't 2016 collapse. We might at a push get within 10 of nz if we have a good day. Sa could go either way. Japan we should win but pick up more injuries and we are seriously in danger and Australia at the end again not overall confident. I will look on with hope rather than expectation.

The key English players were all knackered earlier this year from being flogged to death. I reckon they will turn it around.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:29 am

England grand slam, lol. That proves you are clueless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:32 am

ebop wrote:England grand slam, lol. That proves you are clueless.

Yes thats proof. Well done Ebop.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:33 am

Undisputed proof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:34 am

Ireland won’t beat the ABs little alone a pisspoor England. Any minute now you’ll reference England beating the ABs in 2012 and Ireland doing the same in an exhibition match.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:38 am

Even I'm a bit unsure with the instability within our pack. Hard to lose 3 first choice loosehead s your premier lock first choice 6 and 8. Players coming in have a lot of promise but they'll need to hit the ground running.
Jones was.clearly on crazy pills when he said that new zealand were beatable. They're in a 1 match winning streak after all.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:43 am

Yeah you guys are decimated unfortunately and ‘will’ take the gloss of the encounter if the ABs win. On the other hand if you do get the grand slam that the resident oddball predicts then that truly would be an achievement to applaud.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:46 am

It's still an if as it's sport afterall. Collapse is a lot of things odd ball ain't one. Not sure why people feel the need to throw insults around? Possibly as the basic wumming doesn't work for them?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:48 am

Maybe it’s the Irish-Australian in him? Dunno. He is good for throwing insults around so he can have one aimed at himself for a change. England grand slam??? That’s oddball stuff you’d have to admit and he’s adamant about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:52 am

It would be hard due to the new combos. We have the backline pretty well set so at least there's that. We should be able to win 3 pretty comfortably and then it's the balance between new combos and players being potentially rushed back into the new zealand side. As you pointed out jones rightly said new zealand are beatable.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:57 am

Red cards? Which team will get the most?
If Ireland keep going for the choke they are running the risk.
NZ well they like be a big hit so can see them collecting a few.
England? Well faz loves throwing a shoulder in.

Will be interesting

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:01 am

I'd put money on sinckler being the likely red.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:02 am

7.5, you reckon England will beat Australia and SA pretty comfortably? That’s a big call. If memory serves me correct, England recently lost a series to SA pretty comfortably with their best players. It will be interesting to see how England go this November with a bunch of no-names. How’s the scrum going, creaking?

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:04 am

We should have won the sa series that's true.
Don't know about the scrum as as I've said we have a new set of starting props. And a new 8.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:04 am

ebop wrote:Ireland won’t beat the ABs little alone a pisspoor England. Any minute now you’ll reference England beating the ABs in 2012 and Ireland doing the same in an exhibition match.

Id imagine if you put yourself in a room by yourself you would bore the pants off yourself very quickly. Try posting something factual or interesting every so often.

Its well known that the English players play more games per year than most other top international players. They were poor in this years six nations because they were clearly knackered. It seemed fairly obvious. Unfortunately for England because the clubs have so much control the English players are exposed to way more minutes of high intensity rugby than most. Sustained intensity over long periods doesn't make you a better player. It actually makes you worse. What is more important is volume. The top trainers in most sports go for volume over intensity because if you do a high intensity work out you will be tired the next day and maybe the day after and not want to train.

However, if you lower your intensity you will enjoy it more and you will also not be too tired to train the next day and therefore you will train again the next day. Two reasons this is better, firstly over the course of a year you will end up with way more volume, you will actually have trained your body more than the high intensity guy. Secondly, with lower intensity you will have spare energy for skill training and technique. This is where I feel England have got the balance wrong but its also why farmers make such good rugby players. Farm strength comes from very high volumes of low intensity activity.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:06 am

ebop wrote:Maybe it’s the Irish-Australian in him? Dunno. He is good for throwing insults around so he can have one aimed at himself for a change. England grand slam??? That’s oddball stuff you’d have to admit and he’s adamant about it.

I'm adamant about it? That's funny but whats even funnier is that the idea of England getting a grand slam really offends and upsets you.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:13 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
ebop wrote:Ireland won’t beat the ABs little alone a pisspoor England. Any minute now you’ll reference England beating the ABs in 2012 and Ireland doing the same in an exhibition match.

Id imagine if you put yourself in a room by yourself you would bore the pants off yourself very quickly. Try posting something factual or interesting every so often.

Its well known that the English players play more games per year than most other top international players. They were poor in this years six nations because they were clearly knackered. It seemed fairly obvious. Unfortunately for England because the clubs have so much control the English players are exposed to way more minutes of high intensity rugby than most. Sustained intensity over long periods doesn't make you a better player. It actually makes you worse. What is more important is volume. The top trainers in most sports go for volume over intensity because if you do a high intensity work out you will be tired the next day and maybe the day after and not want to train.

However, if you lower your intensity you will enjoy it more and you will also not be too tired to train the next day and therefore you will train again the next day. Two reasons this is better, firstly over the course of a year you will end up with way more volume, you will actually have trained your body more than the high intensity guy. Secondly, with lower intensity you will have spare energy for skill training and technique. This is where I feel England have got the balance wrong but its also why farmers make such good rugby players. Farm strength comes from very high volumes of low intensity activity.
That’s a nice sob story right there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:14 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
ebop wrote:Maybe it’s the Irish-Australian in him? Dunno. He is good for throwing insults around so he can have one aimed at himself for a change. England grand slam??? That’s oddball stuff you’d have to admit and he’s adamant about it.

I'm adamant about it? That's funny but whats even funnier is that the idea of England getting a grand slam really offends and upsets you.
Nup, it’s just funny you’re so adamant

Irish-Australian, part English?

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:19 am

There does appear to be a string sense within new zealand fans on here that you can't debate rugby without taking a partisan approach. Seems more ingrained than within other fans.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:19 am

I would support England over NZ any day that's for sure but mainly because of NZ fans like yourself. Easily the most arrogant fans in world rugby. You would think that supporting the best team in the world would make you a great supporter. However, some AB fans seem so miserable.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:23 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:There does appear to be a string sense within new zealand fans on here that you can't debate rugby without taking a partisan approach.  Seems more ingrained than within other fans.

Completely, I cant recall reading something interesting or sensible from Ebop. Not even a funny anecdote.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

Have to say, “7.5 and Guns” teaming up is a wonderful union. Two sweet peas in a pod. It’s beautiful. Made for each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:26 am

ebop wrote:Have to say, “7.5 and Guns” teaming up is a wonderful union of minds. Two sweet peas in a pod. It’s beautiful.

That's really only happening in your mind. Are you really more concerned about two people agreeing with each other than talking about rugby on a rugby forum. What do you offer the world Ebop?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:30 am

Guns, how much do you reckon England will beat the ABs by? Care to give a score prediction?

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:31 am

ebop wrote:Guns, how much do you reckon England will beat the ABs by? Care to give a score prediction?

10 points.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

ebop wrote:Are you adamant about that, a 10 point win?

Not as adamant as I am about you being a fairly pointless character.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:33 am

10 points, not even close, that’s adamant alright. That’s really good backing your judgment like that.

Last edited by ebop on Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:35 am

ebop wrote:10 points, not even close, that’s adamant alright. That’s really good backing you’re judgment like that.

your

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:37 am

Lol, you are more clever than you appear in you’re posts. Must be the Australian in you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:42 am

your Ebop. As an Australian I can come and live in work in NZ as I please. Isnt that a nice thought.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:44 am

Surely that should be 'you are ebop'. Then everything is explained.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next