The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Press Conference

+11
Renege
Fernando
FIFA Diva
Marky
Take a boo
Hero
TwisT
Fluxy
Afro
BamBam
Azzy
15 posters

Go down

Week 2 Press Conference Empty Week 2 Press Conference

Post by Azzy Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:07 pm

1. What is your reaction to your team's result in Week 1?
2. How did your new signings perform?
3. Which area(s) of your team do you feel you need to improve?
4. Were there any teams / players around the league who surprised you in Week 1?
5. There were so many great goals scored in Week 1 - who would you give Goal of the Week to?
6. Looking ahead to Week 2, what is your assessment of your opponent?
7. If you could have any player from your Week 2 opponent's team in yours, who would you choose?
8. Which manager was the biggest disappointment in Week 1?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Press Conference Empty Re: Week 2 Press Conference

Post by Azzy Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:19 pm

Being new to the league format, the first few games will simply be used to find the right formation and to iron out kinks in the team's settings. I was disappointed at how few chances we created, but there were some promising performances - I particularly liked our three-man midfield.

A mixed bag. Eddie Nketiah barely touched the ball, though he had one good chance. Giulio Maggiore played well in the middle of the park, but I was disappointed with Takefusa Kubo out wide and Sergio Akieme at left back. Both will need to improve this week, if they make the team.

I'm not certain that personnel is where my team is lacking - tactics definitely need to improve. However, I'll be looking at my defence soon as I was disappointed at the lack of pace at the back.

4. Were there any teams / players around the league who surprised you in Week 1?
Yes - Crawley and their 6-1 annihilation of Mansfield. That was a shock, because Marky has been rubbish at this fake online managerial malarkey for many years now. Could this be his year?

5. There were so many great goals scored in Week 1 - who would you give Goal of the Week to?
There are at least half a dozen contenders. Sadly for us, I was taken aback by two of the three goals scored against us. Not much one can do when the opposition hits the ball so well.

He's got six fingers on each hand, loves his sister far too much, and has somehow hoodwinked the rest of the league into giving him respect. No danger of that happening this week however, as my Colchester team will make swift work of Olly and his roundabout-molesters.

7. If you could have any player from your Week 2 opponent's team in yours, who would you choose?
Aaron Wilbraham. Ratings aren't everything, and he knows where the net is. Shame for him that he won't find it this week.

Myself. I had high hopes for my team, but my tactics let the players down. I won't make that mistake again.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:24 pm

High scoring draw against one of the perennial front runners so I'm happy enough. My team generally looked more of a threat going forward than in previous seasons, that was something I was targeting so bodes well for future games.

Of the ones that started, the FB/CB were part of a defence that let in 4, and the two wingers looked a threat but didn't get themselves on to the score sheet. On the whole though, happy enough

Defensively I think I need to make improvements, but I'm not going to make rash changes just yet, my new DM will provide better protection when he is fully fit. I'd like to get a true attacking midfielder in too, to load the bullets for my front 3

Didn't watch many of the other games, but Crawley got off to a flier so that looks notable, especially given Marky failed to win a game last season. I was also surprised in general at the number of goals in the games.

Obviously the own goal from the highest valued player in the game via a header from the edge of his area. There was a cracker in the Carlisle game too

Can't comment on their on the pitch performance, but a manager who has already looked to bring in scapegoats on the coaching staff doesn't bode well. We look forward to putting the early season cat amongst the pigeons this week.

I would have liked to have picked up Chong, maybe not as a starter but more for future potential. I don't know much about the rest of his squad to know if any would get into my immediate starting line up

Mansfield obviously had a poor start, but given its a new manager, somewhat understandable. Twist going down 4-1 to a newbie was a bit of a surprise though, given his history of strong starts and proven league winning abilities.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:37 pm

1. Pleased with the performance and result naturally. Have started slowly in the last two seasons, so nice to get a win and some goals under our belt,

2. Decent. Pleased with front three, which included two of the new signings, who really did what I was looking for from them. Campos was a regular threat down the right hand side, whilst the two centre backs looked fairly solid, and not really at fault for either Carlisle goal.

3. I want to improve in the middle of the park, and control that area better. But for me its the quality in depth. Two of my three substitutions had my better players taken off, and the quality in replacement was low. I want to have a squad where I can trust that subs aren't going to reduce the quality too much, if at all

4. Crawley. Nice for Marky to finally get that win, and I think he is well set with his squad to do well this season.

5. The first Carlisle one in my game. A kind of overhead kick, not looking hook, David Platt v Belgium (sorry Azzy) kind of volley. I had to watch it a few times to work out how he had scored it.

6. A regular opponent, I have a good idea for how he likes his teams to play, and also that sometimes he can be bothered, and sometimes not. Think he will want to bounce back from the disappointment of the first game being replayed and him "losing" a point.

7. Castaignos looked a real threat in game one and I think he will get himself a lot of goals. I was looking at Murillo myself. But Mady Camara is exactly the kind of player I am missing from my midfield, so I'd like him

8. Not disappointed in anyone as its a learning curve for everyone, but looking at performances I think Twist would have been a bit disappointed. He has shown an ability to build a strong team that usually plays better than the sum of its parts, and is defensively strong. Think he would have been gutted to lose in the way they did.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:41 pm

A little disappointed with the result, but the first week out and a new formation in which most of the Carlisle lads won't be used too. It will help shape the team again this week. 

Vaca played well and looked dangerous on the ball. Mahlambi was a bit ineffective, so will need a re-think about how we set up this week. 

Will look to reinforce the back line this week, before the foreigns are reset. Demetri Mitchell was a target, but we have reacted slowly to signing him. 

Crawley, but then again, that could be just because this is Marky's level. The header from the edge of the box was like something from a bygone age. 

Yatesy's goal for the mighty Carlisle! 

They have obviously started the league well, but it is a long old season, and I can't see that form lasting for too long. 

Wasn't really interested in any of their players. Then I actually had a look, Lowe would have been of interest, but nothing else really. 

We could have been in this category, but felt we played well. Suprised by Cheltenham if being honest. 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:46 pm

I got beaten well and I just don't think I set the team up right which is annoying.Only the first week though and long way to go. I will be bringing in two more players tomorrow which enables me to play the shape I want.

Ok I think, one scored a beaut for me but was obvious that they were surrounded by players that needed an upgrade.

Defence but not concentrating there. I have laid out my next few weeks of targets so sticking with it

Crawley did. I watched the game in shock!

The game between Carlisle and Morcambe had a belter. Can't remember who scored though.

Against Soddy so looking forward to that. I don't think his inexperience in this will count for much as we are all trying to find our feet a bit.

Mickey Demetriou

I don't think that is a fair question. Some of us, including me, took a beating but I think Week 1 was always going to be a learning curve. I think you can answer this question again around about week 4 and we will be able to answer.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:49 pm

1. Fantastic result. One of the strongest squads in League 2 v the weakest so made up that my team matched them. Fortunate with the 3rd goal but always need the rub of the green. My team showed a never say die attitude and didn’t let their heads drop.
2. Mixed bag, think Kang had a good game and his quality shone through, the two FBs had good games especially Aarons who netted a goal on his debut. Stengs was productive down the RW and bagged an assist. Gomes played on the flank and was a bit off the boil, may have to move him into a more central role in the coming weeks.
3. Centrally is the next improvement, should have really looked at this area from the off but there was a few players I wanted to ensure I bagged. Not looking to spend the earth but think I’ve spotted a real bargain at CB. Then in a couple of weeks once I’ve saved up I’m looking to splash the cash on a pacy striker.
4. Crawley. From a manager who couldn’t get a win at all last season then it was a great opening performance, 9 shots, 8 on target, 6 goals, couldn’t ask for more from your team.
5. Yates’s opener for Carlisle was an absolute peach, quite a few though could been contenders if that hadn’t gone in.
6. Bit of an unknown quantity so far, made some interesting signings and especially strengthened up front so my boys will be hard pressed to keep them at bay. Not one team kept a clean sheet on the opening weekend and my sides are not known for their defensive strengths!
7. Mayron George was on my shortlist prior to the season so have to pick him
8. Gonna go with Twist just because he knows these leagues and as a previous season winner it was the one that was the biggest surprise. I'm sure though he'll turn it around, last season he started slowly but then marched his way up the table.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Mon 05 Nov 2018, 2:06 pm

Given that the first few weeks will very much be a case of trial and error tactics wise I'm glad to have three points on the board. I also have a much better understanding of the game play and what I think will work going forward, all in all it was a solid performance from the lads.

Given that both of my goal scorers were from my originals I think my new signings were overshadowed somewhat! I thought Villalba looked slick and tidy in possession whilst my CB also did a decent job, albeit he tired quickly. Both of my attackers underperformed and will need to quickly up their game if they want to stay in the side.

Well with a new formation in mind I have my eye on three particular targets, its just a case of guessing which one is the most obscure and likely to still be available next week! I'm relatively happy with my midfield so a new forward and defender/keeper will be on the agenda when foreigns re-open.

The Crawley result obviously stands out however I was also impressed by Newport, despite having one of the lowest rated starting squads I thought their set up and execution was excellent.

There were some fantastic strikes on show in the opening week however the overhead kick/hook would get the nod from me.

Can't remember how they lined up however I seem to recall their game was pretty close for the most part before they fell away at the end. It would be foolish to read anything into the opening week so I'm expecting a tough game and will need another top performance from the lads.

Don't really know anything about them however Fulton seems a high rated player and also got on the scoresheet so probably him.

There are a fair few managers in the league that like to talk a big game so for that reason I would have to say the self proclaimed 'tactical genius' Trebs. A pretty dour game and it won't be long before the Exeter faithful will be calling for a replacement head of tactics if the same continues. Still early days though.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 05 Nov 2018, 2:12 pm

Unreal. 6-1 win away from home. First win in about 10 games for me across these leagues. Interesting to see a good split of goalscorers too.

Superbly. Kyle McFadzean was a force at the back, Harrop and Lowe both scoring from out wide, Exposito looks classy AF, and Ikpeazu is a beast. Unrealistic signings for Crawley in real life mind, even at this early stage Laugh

I need to get in some more CB's and DM's, not only quality but quantity. I don't want to fall into the trap of being severely hampered by injuries or CPU substitutions.

For me, Dom Poleon, I didn't expect a lot from him, thought his pace would help, didn't expect a brace. I expected more from Hudson-Odoi, felt he was too deep for Mansfield, would suggest he plays up top in future.

Best Crawley goal was the one scored in the first game that had to be replayed Laugh I haven't watched most of the games so hard to comment, but I have been impressed by the build up play for goals, not as League 2 as I expected.

Carlisle will be tough, I'd like to think Injuries won't prevent me playing a similar side to last week and then hopefully the form from last week continues. Yet to watch the Carlisle game from last week, plan on doing so before Tactics to get more of a feel for their side, something I never did last season.

Mike Jones, not necessarily because I need him, but because he's ex Crawley... I don't know if Carlisle have anyone else I particularly want, depends who's a CDM out of their midfielders.

Twist. But then he'd admit that himself. Also Trebs for bottling the fight and getting Viva and Nick to do his dirty work.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 05 Nov 2018, 2:20 pm

Dissapointed, there was only one team who came to play Football and that wasn't Crewe. We controlled the possession of the game, had chances to win the game but sometimes it doesn't come off, credit to my manager he played the game but unfortunately some of our players couldn't execute his plan. Nadeem will be delighted with the point, only one shot on target but I've always known Nadz to have major luck when playing Fifa, nothing changed there.

Davies had a good game coming of the bench, hope to see him given more chances starting games. Baird had a few chances hopefully he'll put them away soon.

Every single position can be improved on, we're a League 2 side who have the ambitious to play in the secret super league one day. For now I'd like to bring in a DM who has high energy to press, I brought in Kante when he was a nobody hope to do the same.

Crawley winning 6-1, if results were done following the old system there would be claims of fixing. Never have I ever seen a 6-1 result in my managerial career, I remember the 5-0 Hero got against Cherries years back but I won't mention that because I'll get in trouble.

A lot of the goals scored have been down to poor defending, if I was certain managers I'd bring in a defensive coach. I wouldn't give it to anyone this week, a goal should be earned not because of the lack of opposition.

I've never lost to him in my professional career and I expect to continue that run. Without being disrespectful he won a few trophies when the league was at its weakest. I didn't want to say this but a few weeks ago he made me an offer to join his staff, I refused maybe that's where the fear comes from.

There's one player I'd like but it would be a huge mistake announcing it and as a result his value doubling. I'll mention it to my staff in our daily meeting.

The one that lost 6-1 to Marky, apparently Marky didn't register a win in the whole of last season and he breaks the record of the biggest win in V2 history. Renege you can't be losing 6-1 at home to Marky, that's the results I'd expect from Cherries, CF, CaptainUnited, FootballCrazy and many more cannon fodder who just make up the numbers.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 05 Nov 2018, 4:35 pm

I was delighted with my draw then Hero f**ked it up and had to re-run it and i lost Sad I feel cheated and robbed of a point like a small club vs a big club

1 scored a goal the other got subbed in 60th minute so 50-50 job there the other was crippled

Probably the back line and goalkeeper will be next targets maybe a winger

4. Were there any teams / players around the league who surprised you in Week 1? Marky winning 6-1 when he's a trash manager usually

5. There were so many great goals scored in Week 1 - who would you give Goal of the Week to? Castaignos cos i didn't watch anything else Laugh

I expect it to be a close affair hoping to pinch a result but being Afro ill probably get robbed

Felipe Campos because i need a centre back to sure up the defense currently

If you lose 6-1 to Marky you deserve being fired even after week 1 100% firing hopefully he will improve next week but i mean can't not improve surely?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:17 pm

I had a face like a dog licking piss off a nettle. With ten minutes to go 3-1 would've been reasonable based on the game, the CPU deciding to throw our players around in the last ten mins didn't help but it was too late by that point anyway.

Like tampons, got in the right positions on the wrong day.

Our keeper would've got lost in a shower cubicle. He's going in the bin. We'll hopefully have our first choice keeper back this week. Also the defence, midfield and striker.

4. Were there any teams / players around the league who surprised you in Week 1? Both Ska and TAB had great results as newbies. Otherwise I wouldn't know who to be surprised by.

The header from outside the box stands out.

Going on the first result we're not in a place to make assessments of anyone.

Think Asier Villalibre was a great signing.

Hard to look anywhere else, we made at least two good signings going by week 1 conferences, plus a good starting point.

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:13 am

RESPECT. THREE TIMES. RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!

The team were in the game for the majority against an opponent they have no right to be able to beat. The stats show we were with them every step of the way, so that little bit of money, I mean quality they have that we don't have is probably why the scoreline went their way. 

Maybe you can ask these questions sitting there, but you do not show respect. THREE TIMES. RESPECT. I have done more for this league than any of the managers in the Premier League.

Many in the crowd were clearly aroused by the performance of Fulton, whilst Cantwell and Blessing were both impressive in how well they adapted to their teammates. The defence kept us in the game for a very long time, so the new boys back there deserve a lot of praise.

The budget. We can only do so much in a weighted league like this, so our use of the budget is going to be most important.

I think we can all be shocked at how poorly Lincoln did. And I think for Dominic Poleon to go out there and get two goals away for Crawley is really excellent work. 

Jason Shackell, own goals like that are a dream for Christmas DVDs and we are getting to a point where he may not have made it onto this year's. He acted decisively, top work.

I am thoroughly sure they are a team in this league who I would have expected our club to face at some point in the season. Sure I don't know who they are, and yes I don't care, but also they are definitely someone. I would imagine they will play to their strengths, looking to maximise the result for their team in a hope of doing themselves proud.

Henry Vaca was on my list of potential signings, and I have only just noticed he isn't available any longer, so he would probably be a good pick.

Lincoln City's manager is on borrowed time. I was also unimpressed by MK Dons. Two teams with an advantage, a ridiculous advantage, one pegged back to a 4-4 draw with the only team on our level with such suffering, the other being forced into a real game and only really deciding it late on. PSG and Celtic, you could call them, and they both lack class.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:26 am

It was a well deserved point, maybe a tad unlucky as I could have got the 3 points if it wasn't for the crossbar. Trebs, viva and nick put up a decent challenge and I am sure they are celebrating that point as if they won the world cup.

My main striker did score so that's a plus. The others were meh.

Maybe RW and CB. Think I need better players there.

Crawley's result was unexpected to say the least. Marky was last seasons whipping boy and he's turned things around this season so good on the lad.

Haven't seen any other goals from the matches bar my own but if there was an overhead kick goal in the Carlisle game than hthat gets my vote.

Rof is a strong opponent. May have gotten annihilated in the opening week but I'm sure he'll be looking to bounce straight back vs me.

Hudson Odoi, I put a bid in for him in the draft but only offered about 350k for him.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "It matters not how you start, but how you finish will define your legacy. You may start slow and suffer heavy losses early on, but the season is long and by the time the four seasons have ended, the dynasty at the top may surprise you"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:31 pm

Nadz going all out for Season 4 then Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm

four seasons = winter, spring, summer, autumn tomato
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:43 pm

Well aren't you a regular little Vivaldi? music

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:59 pm

He means the Pizza really

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Nov 2018, 1:56 pm

We're content. A win's a win. Not unexpected for a manager of my class and pedigree.

Mixed bag. I thought Henry was ok on the right, Carey ok on the left but I might have to move them up the pitch a bit to be more effective. But of course, the great man himself, Wilbrahimovic was a beast off the bench. Goal and an assist. Absolute don.

Based off game one I think we still need to improve out wide. We're ok down the spine of the side, but wide areas we do need to get better.

I was surprised by Marky's sh1te lot banging in 6 - wasn't surprised by Bam's lot being awful, he is a dreadful manager who will underachieve again.

Definitely the own goal by Bam's player against Hero.

Who am I even playing? Doesn't matter does it. I will win. I will carry my march on towards another title and #unbeatenseason.

Oh I actually need to look now. Azzy - Colchester. I'd take Szmodics because he's a boss in real life and would be a good addition to my bench

I would say Bam but everyone expects him to fail so I will go with Trebs because he's just a disappointment in general
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by $ka Thu 08 Nov 2018, 1:17 pm

I am happy with the goals we scored and appalled with the goal we conceded. 3 points is good, though, and lots to build on in future games.

An assist for my new striker, 2 good saves from my new keeper and my new right back being woefully out of position for their goal; so a mixed bag.

I have been looking to improve my strength-in-depth at centre back and to add an engine into my midfield to break up attacks and facilitate the counter. With an additional striker added, now I must turn my attention to the flanks.

Crawley surprised me in that they managed to lose a game and yet still come away with a 6-1 win.

I haven't yet managed to watch all the games, but I imagine everyone is sleeping on the beautiful volley scored by my left mid in the Bury game. Everyone go look it up - it was to the goal that levelled it at 1-1.

Great going forward, dog crap at the back.

Easily Kang-In Lee. I'm a little surprised that he was eligible for the league.

As harsh as it is to say, Rof let the Ja boys down this week.

$ka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down