The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Seven - Press Conferences

+10
Fernando
BamBam
Take a boo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Azzy
Marky
Renege
Afro
Hero
Fluxy
14 posters

Go down

Week Seven - Press Conferences Empty Week Seven - Press Conferences

Post by Fluxy Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 am

1. What advice would you give last week’s opponent?

2. Are you changing expectations of where you want to finish in the league, or are you still on target?

3. Who do you think has done the best business (domestic or foreign) so far in the league?

4. Will Arsenal's undefeated record ever beaten, after Man Citeh were defeated at the weekend?

5. With the last round of CL group fixtures coming up, who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why?

6. What is your favourite Christmas song?

7. What high level job do you think you could lie your way into with no experience and no one would notice?

8. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Week Seven - Press Conferences Empty Re: Week Seven - Press Conferences

Post by Hero Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 am

1. What advice would you give last week’s opponent?

Keep doing what you're doing, strongest team in the league, playing great football, everything is rosy.

2. Are you changing expectations of where you want to finish in the league, or are you still on target?

2nd bottom was my aim, I'm higher than that but think I'll be dragged into the mire as I'm conceding goals for fun.

3. Who do you think has done the best business (domestic or foreign) so far in the league?

Bam's been nicking a few of my targets, Trebs and Azzy I've noticed have also been quietly picking up a few belters. TAB's recent LB/striker signing was inspired though.

4. Will Arsenal's undefeated record ever beaten, after Man Citeh were defeated at the weekend?

Presume you mean will another side go unbeaten? Possibly, think it's harder now though as then there were 2-3 decent sides, now there's 5 (not including Utd in that).

5. With the last round of CL group fixtures coming up, who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why?

Gonna go with Juve with the Ronaldo factor.

6. What is your favourite Christmas song?

Let it Snow or one of the old school classics.

7. What high level job do you think you could lie your way into with no experience and no one would notice?

GP, through working with doctors for over 10 years I've got a fair bit of medical knowledge, GPs require only a broad base of knowledge of which most can be quickly checked on t'internet.

8. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?

Don't believe everything you see/read, check it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 am

You look a lot more solid at the back after stealing signing my CB. I would keep doing what you are now doing as you looked a much more balanced team this week, and clearly going in the right direction

Still targeting winning, so that is unchanged. My belief that I actually can has gone up with the start to the season.

Apart from myself, I think its a mixed bag. I think people are starting to realise its not all about the 70 rating, its about the right skills for the right positions. I think Trebs has made some good signings, if I had to single anyone out.

I don't think anyone will go unbeaten for the whole season again. Even Arsenal didn't really do it in style, drawing a lot of those games. The current Man City team is much better than that Arsenal team.

I would like to see PSG win it just for Buffon, but I think City will win it. They are just playing lovely football and are the best team in it IMO. It is quite close and obviously an off day for anyone can see them knocked out.

Fairytale of New York

7. What high level job do you think you could lie your way into with no experience and no one would notice?

Head of MI6. Can't tell you why or I'd have to make you disappear

Two things. Don't listen to Olly and please don't let Liverpool win the Premier League.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am

1. They don’t even need to turn up to beat us, they don’t need our advice. Their formation is working very well though so might have to give it a go.

2. Would say we’re on track as we’re near enough to the top. Squad has built up nicely with good backup in most areas now as well as plenty players who should increase in value.

3. Bam is the one who seems to always sign players that I’ve wanted. But I’ll say TAB for best as he’s built a squad that looks like it’ll challenge this year.

4. It’s unlikely, that was a top Arsenal side that was great to watch. They were more likeable and had more swagger than this current City side for me as a neutral. 

5. Would like to see Juve win it but I’d see Barca as favourites.

6. Fairytale of New York.

7. Football management would be the one, plenty of stupid folk in football and a bit of wiki updating could go a long way, the Ali Dia of management. But seeing Sarri and Warburton go in from Finance, the dream is alive!

8. You’re all individuals! Yes we’re all individuals 

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:43 am

Get a better penalty taker. That saved pen was big in our game.

After Week 1 I thought I was going for the title, it's taken 5 weeks to win another game Laugh The formula for prize money etc had me finishing mid table, so that has to be the initial target.

TAB has shown once again that he's one of the best wheeler dealers in the biz.

Well, while Liverpool still technically have a chance, I'd say no. But City's 100 points side > Chelsea's 95 points side > Arsenal's Invincibles with 90 points.

As much as I'd like to see City or PSG win it, I think it'll be Barcelona, Messi and Suarez seem to be firing, and they've improved their midfield depth so injuries shouldn't hamper them too much.

Probably Let it snow. Always finding myself singing about how the weather outside is frightful...

Good question. Probably Football coach, because of the internet.

I'd make fart noises for the full 30 seconds.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am

Just because there's one pork pie left on the plate, doesn't mean you should eat it.

On target. I didn't care where I finish, and I remain in the same position!

Trebs. Three weeks now where he's signed someone I was going to. Git.

No, because no domestic team will ever be as good as that Arsenal team.

I don't even know who's in the competition, so I'll make Nadz happy and say Barcelona.

Killing in the Name of.

I once applied for the Solihull Moors job (then Borough) based on my Champ Man experience. Since then, I've never lied when applying for jobs, and I don't intend to start. However, my dad was a scaffolder, so I reckon I could blag that easy enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed a urgent and horrifying news story, and I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen. Cannonball!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am

Stop touching children.

Still well on target to win the league and pickup my second title in succession. This is my league, you're merely all playing for 2nd.

I like what Fluxy has done with his squad - and I am enjoying Azzy's business too. Bam, as ever, continues to be the Jez Moxey of online football management.

I highly doubt it, would take a huge amount of luck and skill.

I believe that Barcelona will win the Champions League this season because they will be the best side

Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you

I am fairly sure I could lie my way into becoming a Director of Football at a lower league football club with my extensive Football Manager knowledge.

I'd propose.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:8. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?

I'd propose.
Your sister will be delighted to hear the news Whistle

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am

Keep playing attacking football. It was a great game that really could of gone either way. Haven't checked on the table but they were one of the best teams we've played so far.

My first target was to build a team of all 70 players to compete, we're up there so things are progressing nicely although we'll probably now look to invest in a bit of youth. A top three finish would be a nice achievement and its what we're aiming for.

Given their initial squad value and the fact we seem to be targeting similar players (I was lining up Mahachi this week  mad ) I'd have to say Morecambe who have made a fantastic start.

I think its unlikely given the strength of the top sides, Citeh probably the most likely to achieve it but their last result shows that everyone is beatable. Except for Liverpool of course  Very Happy

I think Citeh are the strongest side on paper although I think it'll be Barca. They'll no doubt be keen to avenge last years disappointing showing and Messi looks as good as ever.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Football management seems a doddle, get hired, perform poorly, get sacked, receive a massive pay out. Seems perfect.

Jon Snow is the true heir to the Iron Throne.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 am

I would advise you to be faster when signing CB targets tomato in all seriousness I think this is my first win over Afro under FIFA rules, he'll come good in the end. Was a tight game and there's no obvious areas where either side dominated

I was expected to finish 2nd, if I get there I'll be pleased but there's a long old way to go. The mid season ratings shake up could change everything, but I'd like to think my signings are going to continue to have an impact and I'd be disappointed with anything below the top 4.

TAB has signed a couple of corkers, Hero and Afro always picks up players that I would sign but Trebs nicking Gibbs White last week may edge it. Jez Moxey is an outstanding description

Hopefully not by the scummy bunch who are unbeaten at the moment. I don't think they will, and I can't see any other team going all out for draws at the end of the season like the "Invincibles" did so no

Juve are the favourites, although losing to that schit Utd team has to ring some alarm bells. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the petrol clubs win it though, its happening eventually so why not this season.

Gotta be Mariah, just imagine how much she makes off that every Xmas

The one I've bullshitted my way into now ... although people are probably noticing

Jurgen Klopp is a c u next Tuesday, don't fall for his crap about hugs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 am

For those interested, and considering Q2, here is where people are versus the expectation for bonuses...

Expected RankingCurrent rankingDifference
MK Dons110
Lincoln City29-7
Mansfield Town36-3
Bury414-10
Exeter City58-3
Grimsby Town651
Forest Green743
Crawley Town871
Cheltenham Town912-3
Carlisle United1013-3
Morecambe1129
Crewe Alexandra1215-3
Cambridge Utd1316-3
Colchester14104
Newport County15312
Macclesfield16115
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Fluxy wrote:1. What advice would you give last week’s opponent? Give up management you suck ass Azzy tomato

2. Are you changing expectations of where you want to finish in the league, or are you still on target? Im +1 on where im supposedly meant to be so im doing a adequate job.Probably fade away 2nd half of the season

3. Who do you think has done the best business (domestic or foreign) so far in the league? Morcombe

4. Will Arsenal's undefeated record ever beaten, after Man Citeh were defeated at the weekend? Seems unlikely nowadays all you need a dodgy decision and some racist fans to get you over the line

5. With the last round of CL group fixtures coming up, who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why? PSG or City for me as Barca/Madrid are a bit Poopie this year

6. What is your favourite Christmas song? The Steps one where H gets kidnapped by midgets

7. What high level job do you think you could lie your way into with no experience and no one would notice? Some kind of office job i expect as alright with a computer.

8. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say? Mourinho & Azzy is a fraud

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Afro wrote:For those interested, and considering Q2, here is where people are versus the expectation for bonuses...

MK Dons110
Lincoln City29-7
Mansfield Town36-3
Bury414-10
Exeter City58-3
Grimsby Town651
Forest Green743
Crawley Town871
Cheltenham Town912-3
Carlisle United1013-3
Morecambe1129
Crewe Alexandra1215-3
Cambridge Utd1316-3
Colchester14104
Newport County15312
Macclesfield16115

So basically the team doing best is the one that's done feck all and doesn't have a manager!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Nando, they're dwarves, not midgets. You'd think you'd know the difference seeing as you regularly perform in freak shows in gentlemen's clubs up and down the country alongside several of them.

And that, my friends (and Olly), is a burn.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Hero wrote:
Afro wrote:For those interested, and considering Q2, here is where people are versus the expectation for bonuses...

MK Dons110
Lincoln City29-7
Mansfield Town36-3
Bury414-10
Exeter City58-3
Grimsby Town651
Forest Green743
Crawley Town871
Cheltenham Town912-3
Carlisle United1013-3
Morecambe1129
Crewe Alexandra1215-3
Cambridge Utd1316-3
Colchester14104
Newport County15312
Macclesfield16115

So basically the team doing best is the one that's done feck all and doesn't have a manager!

Yep
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Azzy wrote:Nando, they're dwarves, not midgets. You'd think you'd know the difference seeing as you regularly perform in freak shows in gentlemen's clubs up and down the country alongside several of them.

And that, my friends (and Olly), is a burn.

It was very kind of you to let me borrow your wife & children for the tour kiss

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:24 pm

1. What advice would you give last week’s opponent?

No advice needed, a very good win for Dolph and I was played out of the park

Changing expectations due to outside league stuff. I am now just happy to take part

I think Afro has brought in some decent players for very little. Hero has planned for the future as well

No I think not - too many good teams in the league now and a PL race that is as open as it has ever been

I am not sure who is left in it! I will say Citeh

6. What is your favourite Christmas song?

Fairytale of New York or a bit of Shakin Stevens

7. What high level job do you think you could lie your way into with no experience and no one would notice?

Prime Minister

8. If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?[/quote]

The world will end in 30 seconds. Abandon all hope.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm

More pressure on the ball

I am still on target, although now I'm unbeaten in two, I am worried the lads might start expecting to do well. We want to stay grounded, with our expectations and our position.

Marky - he's won my heart and that's the best signing of all.

Eventually, although that Arsenal team were rank failures in Europe and cannot match the Manchester United treble side.

Messi or City.

Big competition for this. Dean Martin's Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! is the definitive edition, Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie is the most underrated, Last Christmas by Wham is a pop classic, Do They Know It's Christmas? is iconic, whilst relative newcomers Mistletoe (Justin Bieber), Christmas Lights (Coldplay) and Candy Cane Lane (Sia) are excellent editions to a market that seems to have faded into comedy crap. More alternative efforts like Senor Santa Claus by Jim Reeves, as well as Gaudete (Steeleye Span) and In Dulci Jublio (Mike Oldfield) should be noted, as well as Mistletoe and Wine being written by a bloke who lives in the small village I grew up in.

To answer, it isn't Fairytale of New York. And it never has been.

Every quantity surveyor I know seems to be someone who left school and wasn't dumb enough to just go into the army, so became "interested" in quantities at building sites.

You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time. You can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line. They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack. There's only one way to beat them: get round the back. Catch me if you can, cos I'm the England man, and what you're looking at is the master plan. We ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football song, Three Lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 pm

You may have won the battle but you will not win the war.

Expectations are still the same. The aim is still not to finish last.

Everybody has made some good signings (except sodhat ofcourse) but it's hard to single out a single manager imho.

Unlikely in thus day and age. Even the lower table sides in the prem can spring an upset these days.

My heart says Real Madrid, but my mind also says Real Madrid.

Santa Claus goes straight to the ghetto - Snoop Dogg

The "job" that Ed Woodword has

As Sun Tzu once famously said "The rising of birds in their flight is the sign of an ambuscade. Startled beasts indicate that a sudden attack is coming.”
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:54 pm

1. Olly is a good boy, all he needs to do is stop fingering his sister.

2. What is the point of having a target to finish in any position other than first. That will be our plan unless it becomes mathematically impossible.

3. Hmm, tough question as there's a few. Nadz probably, has stole a couple of my wildcard targets. It's a bit of a weird one as there's so many factors. Some are clearly buying all out stock market style, which admittedly is why I purchased Morgan Gibbs-White.
4. To say it will never be beaten is naive. Things change. But in the immediate future, no, I don't think it will be beaten.

5. I think PSG will go all the way this year. Although it's a very open year, a lot of sides don't look on it. City look the best English hope but I don't see them being serious competition, despite being bookies favourites.

6. I like Lindsay Stirling and Natalie Horler's Christmas albums.

7. I'm pretty convinced I could blag my way to a high level in the civil service with all the competencies and all.
IT guru possibly, all you do is Google error codes.

8. Jose Mourinho needs to leave United.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down