The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Press Conference

+10
BamBam
Renege
Good Golly I'm Olly
TwisT
Take a boo
Hero
Afro
Marky
Azzy
nadeem2099
14 posters

Go down

Week 4 Press Conference  Empty Week 4 Press Conference

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:37 pm

1. What do you make of your last result?
2. Who do you think will be the next manager sacked in the epl?
3. Who do you think will win I'm a celebrity get me out of here?
4. What's the most unhealthiest thing you've ever eaten?
5. What will you be doing on the upcoming Black Friday?
6. Are you keeping a moustache for Movember?
7. What's your favourite flavour mocktail?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Press Conference  Empty Re: Week 4 Press Conference

Post by Azzy Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:51 pm

I've yet to see the game as Afro just found the link for me - I'd have taken a draw before the game, and am delighted that Kubo got on the scoresheet. I'm looking forward to seeing that goal.

Mark Hughes. Southampton are in total disarray, and he's a bang-average manager with an unhealthy obsession with scrambled eggs.

Sir Harry of Redknapp, of course. Although my man-crush on John Barrowman knows no end.

Olly's sister never showers, so I could say her...but I'll give you the 20 piece fried chicken bucket from the nearby chicken shop at uni. 20 pieces, 8 fries, gravy. All mine.

Campaigning for it to be re-named All-Are-Welcome Friday. I'm sick and tired of the word 'black' being used negatively. Black Market. Black hole. Black death. Black Eyed Peas. Black ice. Black widow spider. Black Friday is the annual rip-off-the-consumer day, where places like Amazon hold 'sales' where prices are higher than they have been several times the same year. I will never take part in such piratical nonsense.

Mrs Azzy doesn't like fuzz, so no. Plus, I still only shave once a week. Never found myself trendy enough to sport stubble, the stuff just doesn't grow.

I had to google the word mocktail first, then discovered it's a nickname for drinks that nonces order. I guess if push came to shove, mine would be Pepsi Max on ice. Stirred, not shaken.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:10 pm

Result was poor, as I probably should have won, I feel I need to pick up as many points as I can while I'm playing well because there are going to be games where we don't play well.

I think it will be someone like Mark Leslie Hughes, not too many managers on thin ice currently.

Hopefully Harry Redknapp, but wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Knowles win.

Pizza Hut once did the Cheeseburger Crust Pizza. Not only did I have a big old pepperoni pizza, it had mini cheeseburgers around the edge. Sublime.

Already participated, in Argos' early Black Friday sale I got South Park "The Fractured But Whole" on Nintendo Switch for £17.99 when it's everywhere at between £35 and £50.

No, but I did last year (sort of, I'm no Des Lynam), raised over £100 for good causes, anyone doing it properly is a saint.

If you mean any non alcoholic drink ever, then a white chocolate thick shake wins. Or a Vanilla Coke.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:10 pm

1. Always want the win, so disappointed at that, but on the balance of the game, I have to be pleased with a point. I am still rebuilding the squad and I weakened my midfield this week to help in defence, but the midfield then became my downfall when the subs all came on.

2. Mark Hughes has to be treading on thin ice atm. A lot of the managers at the bottom have a lot more credit in the bank than him.

3. No idea who is in it as haven't watched. Whoever the fittest young lady is....

4. Deep fried Mars Bars. Sampled the local cuisine in Glasgow and got to say it was really good.

5. Very little tbh. I think unless you are specifically looking for something, then it is just a con that encourages you to buy stuff you don't want or need.

6. Did it a few years ago and by the end I looked like the love child of Tom Selleck and Super Mario. Not for me again. Might try and grow a full beard of they ever fit that into the name of a month - Febeardary, Octobeard...

7. Go away. Drinking cocktails is bad enough, but then taking out the alcohol. Really what is the point. Best drink I have tried recently is a warm cider with Kraken rum chucked in. Mmmm
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:17 pm

Still unbeaten and on 5 points, happy with that. My new signings performed well, Pym pulled off some great saves when Newport had periods of pressure, Derrick Jones was a rock in front of defence and Marius got a debut goal. Hiroki Abe again though was my go to guy.

Hughes, Southampton have become a total non-entity of a club atm. Don't think anyone would miss them going down.

Usually the one that shrieks the most when bugs crawl on them. Tbh I don't know who's on it this year apart from Harry.

Probably a late night donner and chips with chili sauce.

Working! Kids xmas presents already got so unless something particularly catches my eyes I won't be bothering.

I've kept one for the past couple of years. Not for Movember though. The beard and tach makes me look less like Alan Carr.

One that has alcohol in it, I'm not 12.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:30 pm

Can't complain about the result although the performance was well below par. Think it reinforced the need for a decent squad as there was a visible drop off in quality from the previous week.

Southampton seem to be really struggling so I'd have to say Hughes.

No idea who's on there bar Redknapp, he was always entertaining on transfer deadline day so I'll go for Arry.

In my younger days I used to enjoy a Lardy cake, in hindsight the fact that it was made from lard suggests it probably wasn't the healthiest.

Never really been into the whole Black Friday thing however with my phone contract up for renewal I'll be keeping an eye out for a bargain.

Completely forgot about it, probably a tad late to start now!

A what?

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:44 pm

First half I thought my team played very well in a formation I was forced to play through injuries. I think the last 2 goals we conceded shows that we are very weak in defence. I still think it will come good but all managers will say that after 1 point in 3 games.

I'd say Hughes too. I haven't really rated him as a manager. On par with Keegan

That Roxy bird off Eastenders I reckon

Refried kebab with the mayo still on.

Avoiding it at all costs. You end up getting crap you don't need! I may see if there are any deals for the stuff I am already getting at Xmas but that's it

No just my usual hobo look.

I don't drink mocktails; it is pointless. Like having coffee with no caffeine.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:48 pm

Good to get back on track with a win - not our best performance but winning when you're playing badly is the sign of Champions.

Honestly who really cares about the Barclays? The Skybet is where the real action and association football is played.

Emily Atack. I hope Harry Redknapp perishes

Nothing too outrageous but when me and my mate went to the NFL two years ago we had Maccies at 10am, Burger King pre game at 2pm then KFC around 10pm back in Norwich. My poo was weird for a week after that

I will be working. Like the fine upstanding citizen of the United Kingdom I am.

No. I haven't hit puberty yet

I'm not some sort of raging homosexual, so I only drink lager and IPAs like a true brit #brexitmeansbrexit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 19 Nov 2018, 2:03 pm

Happy to get my first win on the board. Feel for fluxy as he deserved a point.

I'm going for Neil Warnock. There's just summat about him that I just don't like.

Harry will defo win. Him and the woman off The Chase will get into some kinky Poopie I bet

I once are a burger from a local takeaway called the King Kong burger. 5 burgers in 1 patty ffs.

Playing fufa 19 obvs.

No stashe for me this year.

Before I get into my favourite flavour I see a few people above don't know what mocktails are. Let my educate you fine folk on what a mocktail is. I'm sure you've all heard of cocktails. Mocktails are that but without the alcohol in it. Perfect for a person such as myself. Getting back to business my favourite flavour is Mango Daiquiri. It is delish.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Mon 19 Nov 2018, 11:04 pm

Ridiculous, unreal football and scoreline that I'd struggle to pull off playing Fifa myself against the AI on amateur given the quality of the two teams seemed similar. Hopefully the start of things to come and not all luck, bring on Ska.

Mark Hughes seems the obvious favourite going on responses on here, I don't pay any real attention to the goings on at the bottom of the epl.

Emily, the fact she refers to herself as Charlotte big jugs from the Inbetweeners makes her a winner in my eyes. Look forward to seeing her in a bikini.

A pizza crunch. A deep fried mars bar is a myth purely reserved for tourists, a deep fried pizza is the real deal, if you've had a couple drinks at least.

I'll be back in my hometown getting suitably pished, as is the Great British tradition on the original Black Friday, the Friday before Christmas. Aptly named because of the amount of people getting black out drunk and black eyes. None of this American Poopie.

Not this year, have done the past couple years but didn't even think to this year. Good effort to anyone that is.

A lager shandy. The only time you'd ever mix beer with lemonade is when you're not drinking.

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 20 Nov 2018, 11:39 am

The less said about that rogering the better. I'm going to put it down to new FIFA manager luck and move on, starting with bringing in two big ugly CBs to at least kick these fancy dan attackers if they can't stop them legally.

I was convinced Mourinho would be out by Xmas until the last few games, so gotta be Hughes. Jokanovic took me a bit by surprise too, they've been awful but think he's a good manager

Whoever is the most pathetic and plays to the fact that the general public are mostly morons. I don't watch it but that's how these things usually go

Anyone who has been north of the Watford Gap will know of the delights of a munchie box from a takeaway at 3 in the morning. Absolute beige stodgy filth

Exactly the same as I do every year. Claim its all just marketing nonsense then order some useless crap off Amazon because it says 40% off, use it once then never look at it again

I already have a beard which would be described as "beard game strong" so none of this stupid moustache stuff for me

My balls haven't quite shrivelled up inside me yet so I don't tend to drink them. I'd rather just have a nice soft drink instead

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Nov 2018, 3:48 am

We had the better of the play, but the manager has warned the lads against shooting from outside the box. It's typical of his approach, but that approach has us bottom of the league. His position is under threat
I really think pointlessly discussing other managers from other leagues is a real waste of our time here. But if any part of my name was Leslie, I'd be expecting the police to soon realise I was a bad person
I don't care. None of you should care. You should only want that tit Redknapp to suffer out there
I'm sure the metrics for what unhealthy is can differ, but in terms of what it felt like, the "chicken" sausages on the flight from Heathrow to Sydney in July were horrid
Posting angrily on social media about when we get a White Friday, huh? When's the day we celebrate that?!
This is the third question that makes me think you're a diddler, Nadz. For what it's worth, this is the most pathetic of charity attempts and people really need to get over themselves about it
This is the fourth

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 21 Nov 2018, 12:29 pm

1. I was delighted with my last result. I must say that $ka set up his team very well and could have won it in the early stages, had he gone a couple of goals up which his play probably deserved. But yeah, I'm not going to lie, to be joint top of the league on points is a fantastic achievement for my side. And it's where we deserve to be.

2. I really want it to be Jose Mourinho. I'm sick of him being at United, the poor play. I don't care how much of a so-called winner he is, we should never have sacked Louis van Gaal. We need to bring in a young, exciting coach. Other than Mark Hughes, there aren't really many managers under significant pressure.

3. I like Emily Atack, I was also a big fan of her campaign on Dancing on Ice.

4. Deep fried mars bars are absolutely delicious, but you can feel every calorie. I've had a couple of home-made ones at parties and such. The absolute best one was at a Scottish chippy somewhere near Fort William on New Year's Eve. It was a lovely winter warmer.

5. I live very close to the Trafford Centre, so I'll be going there. I've got a shopping list of games I want to get - Red Dead, Spiderman and FIFA 19 are at the top of it. I'll try and get as much Christmas shopping as possin;e.

6. I haven't done it this year to be honest. I have done it in the past, causing many quizzical looks at my workplace as it is a very old school environment, most of my colleagues are close to retirement. But is it really still a thing, I'm not sure?

7. My experience of Mocktails is very limited I must say - as I've not been the designated driver before I haven't had a reason to not drink. The general selection of non-alcoholic drinks is very poor to be honest, but I like some of the 'proper' lemonades. Of the alcoholic cocktails, I like Espresso Martinis... so Espresso?

Thank you for providing the press conference questions, and in particular the return of the final foodie question which has been missing recently.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Nov 2018, 12:37 pm

Got the win over a terrible manager in Chris so pretty happy was typical LG 2 soccerball

Who ever runs Macclesfield probably deserves it since getting pumped weekly now

The fat autistic bird from The Chase will walk it unless she turns racist

A 25in Ham & Pineapple pizza - i doubled up the slices to get it eaten quicker

I shall be working although Friday is my easy day so probably watching wrestling on the work laptop

No it makes me look like a bad person much like Marky last year

I don't know what they are so can't really answer this one

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 21 Nov 2018, 4:27 pm

Gut-wrenching. Should have probably come away with three points, but instead leaving empty handed - it's disappointing. 

Probably Mark Hughes - he is Poopie.

Don't really care. Perhaps 'Arry?

There used to be a fast food place around the corner from my uni house, that allowed any two toppings on a 10 inch pizza. You better believe that Donna Meat and hot spicy beef were on that pizza. 

Day off - but working on the farm, and or playing FIFA

I am, although it isn't glorious. 

A rum and coke, without the rum?

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down