The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

+22
Artful_Dodger
tigertattie
Duty281
BigGee
Brendan
TightHEAD
Pie
chris_501
PhilBB
Collapse2005
munkian
RiscaGame
gowershowerpower
BamBam
RDW
mikey_dragon
eirebilly
Luckless Pedestrian
Biltong
majesticimperialman
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018 - Page 5 Empty Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais Tue 20 Nov 2018, 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales v South Africa
Date: Saturday 24th November 2018

Venue: Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Kick Off: 5:20pm

Referee: Luke Pearce (England)

TV Coverage: Live on BBC Two and S4C

Wales will face South Africa at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday 24th November during the Under Armour Series 2018. This will be the fourth and final autumn international to be played by Wales in 2018. The two teams will compete for the Prince William Cup, which was created by the WRU in 2007 to celebrate 100 years of rugby between Wales and South Africa.

Wales have beaten the Springboks in each of their last three encounters. The most recent win came during a summer tour match in Washington DC, where Wales emerged 22-20 victors.

Wales and South Africa have contested a total of 34 rugby test matches since their first meeting in 1906. Wales have won five of those matches, whilst South Africa have won 28 matches. Wales and South Africa also drew a match in 1970.

Springboks coach Erasmus expecting 'toughest test'

South Africa coach Rassie Erasmus says Wales will provide the toughest test of their tour.

The Springboks are hoping to build on victories against France and Scotland after a narrow loss against England.

Wales are on an eight-match unbeaten run and aiming to complete a first autumn clean sweep after beating Scotland, Australia and Tonga.

"We have four tough matches on this tour but are ending probably with the toughest," said Erasmus.

Wales have won their last three games against the Springboks with home victories in 2016 and 2017 and a tour triumph in Washington DC in June 2018.

"We desperately want to win and it will be a physical and tactical test," added Erasmus.

"The way they manage the game is a typical northern hemisphere side and Warren Gatland really understands the technical side.

"To keep a job like this in a rugby-mad country for so long shows his quality. What I can see from him in this specific cycle is the way he is building depth for the World Cup."

Captain Siya Kolisi is available after escaping with an official warning from World Rugby's citing commissioner for a head-butt incident in the 26-20 victory over Scotland.

Lock Eben Etzebeth also faces a fitness test on Tuesday on the leg injury that forced him off against England and resulted in him missing the wins over France and Scotland.

Erasmus says influential Sale Sharks scrum-half Faf de Klerk will miss the game because he wants to look at other nines like Embrose Papier and Ivan van Zyl.

De Klerk has been named on World Rugby's player of the year shortlist alongside fellow South African Malcolm Marx, New Zealand duo Beauden Barrett and Rieko Ioane and Ireland fly-half Johnny Sexton.

De Klerk missed the victory over Scotland and was released back to Sale, although Erasmus has insisted there are no contractual issues.

Wales are ranked third in the world behind New Zealand and Ireland who defeated the All Blacks last weekend and Erasmus rates their World Cup chances.

"It's an open race," said Erasmus.

"New Zealand and Ireland are the clear favourites but Wales are hovering there and are almost like silent assassins at this stage.

"If we manage to beat Wales this weekend the only team we have not beaten who are real contenders is Ireland.

"That gives us hope but it will not be easy."

South Africa will be a different proposition from the team that lost in Cardiff last year with Erasmus taking over at the start of 2018.

It has still proved a mixed year of results but the Springboks managed a famous away win in New Zealand and lie fifth in the world rankings.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Is the Welsh team that played against the Boks  the team for the coming 6ns/world cup?

Or is there more players to come back in to the team/squad?

It’s difficult to know, Maj. We’ve developed a lot of depth (for once!) and I’m not sure who is now 1st choice/best in some positions. Lots of good players didn’t play/start yesterday.

Nicky Smith played yesterday at LH but I think Rob Evans is better (came on sa a replacement)
Tom Francis started at TH yesterday. Samson Lee is another option who might be considered 1st choice.
Jake Ball didn’t start yesterday. I’d put him as 1st choice over Adam Beard. Cory Hill didn’t play either and he’s perhaps above Beard in the pecking order.
In the back row Faletau didn’t play, Shingler has been out injured and was excellent before injury. Lydiate seems to be back to his best but pulled out yesterday with injury.
Webb is arguably 1st choice at 9 but is ineligible so didn’t play. I reckon some special dispensation might be made for the World Cup, if needed!
10 - god knows. Anscombe started yesterday. Biggar came on and looked great. Patchell is good but is perhaps some behind those two. Not sure who will be the World Cup 10.
The two centres yesterday (JD2 and Parkes) are probably first choice.
Wings - North is 1st choice and started yesterday; other wing unknown. Could be Steff Evans, Liam Williams or Adams (who started yesterday).
Full Back - probably Halfpenny who did not play yesterday. Maybe Liam Williams as 2nd choice.

So all in all perhaps 6 or more ‘1st choice’ to come back in, if they can oust the ones that played yesterday from the jersey. I think Rob Evans, Faletau, Jake Ball, Halfpenny at the definites we were missing yesterday. The others are 50/50 calls or dependent on combinations of others who are available for selection.

Back to top Go down

Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Pie Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:19 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Is the Welsh team that played against the Boks  the team for the coming 6ns/world cup?

Or is there more players to come back in to the team/squad?

Yes essentially, but I think there's a core group that are missing that will go. Webb if he can be encouraged back, Faletau without question, Lee if fit, Navidi and/or Shingler now that Jenkins unlikely to make it, Halfpenny. Watkin pressing Parkes hard IMO.

if I had to pick 31 now it would be tough but

Smith, Jones, Evans, Francis, Lee, Lewis
Owens, Dee
AWJ, Beard, Ball/Hill
Faletau, Moriarty, Tipuric, Seb, Navidi, Shingler
Davies, Williams, Aled (Webb?)
Patchell, Biggar, Anscombe
Watkin, Parkes, Davies, Scott W,
Adams, North, Liam, Half

And it still leaves incredible strength in depth with recently experienced players who can do a job if called upon and a couple of golden oldies if really necessary

Rhodri, Ellis Jenkins if fit, Elias, Brad Davies, Charteris, Wainwright, Turnbull, Cubby, Jarrod Evans, Morgan, Doc, Tyler, Staff Evans, Amos, Priestland, Lloyd W.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:42 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Ellis Jenkins, Madge.

Christ this thread is in the pits. Gutted I read through it. Still, while HERSH is allowed free reign, it’s not going to be a good thread. Once again, a poor show from a mod too and some other contributions on a Welsh thread are merely to moan about refereeing.

No class.

Never mind, I had a great day in hospitality there. Gatland played a blinder again with his starting XV (Jenkins not being initially selected aside) and timed most of his subs to perfection too. Hope Ellis Jenkins heals fast. ACL is a nasty injury. I wonder with how Wainwright played, whether Lydiate’s time in a Wales squad is coming to an end, particularly with Taulupe to come back in.

Yep.

Good to to know you had a good day Risca, but even better knowing Hersh had a bad day crying into his bottle when wales completed their clean sweep.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:43 pm

RiscaGame wrote:It’s against the laws. Rule 4.5h. “A player must not wear communication devices.”

Would be nice to see an apology from these ref bashers, when the most blatant form of cheating was ignored. I’ll not hold my breath. We also won’t talk about the legality of Marx’s turnovers and a small matter of supporting your own body weight. Minor details.

https://twitter.com/macca291170/status/1066405225559412738?s=21

Yep.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:15 am

I have stayed off this thread since the first trolls tried to get the better of it, a thread that I started and wanted to debate on, but found I didn't want to because of the members spoiling it.

I have had a quick read through it again this morning, and what do I find, the usual trolls still being allowed to do as and what they please on a Welsh thread.

If that was Gwlad on any other thread there would be murders. I don't get this place anymore, I really don't. Especially when you get certain MODS being hypocritical and sticking up for the trolls.

But hey ho, what are you to do ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:00 am

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day..........

That was a great Autumn from all the home nations, the SH are running scared.

Roll on the 6 Nations. thumbsup
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 11:57 am

Permission to speak.

Just read back through and see nothing but comments regarding the game taking place, kind of the point of match day threads to discuss events taking place in the game.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:26 pm

Well then either the MODS have removed all of no 7&1/2's posts or you have not read it all, and have you not read the customary, ref favouring Wales comments ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:31 pm

I made no comments during the match whatsoever. You're mistaken.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Well then either the MODS have removed all of no 7&1/2's posts or you have not read it all, and have you not read the customary, ref favouring Wales comments ?

Well then the MODS have done a good job and don't deserve criticism, remember they are volunteers doing a difficult job. Well done Mods clap clap clap
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:47 pm

Well lads, what a game. Absolutely dead happy for AWJ. That man seems to get better with age, that was some performance by him clap

As I said on another thread, I see very little between Wales, England and Ireland going into the 6N.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 2:58 pm

Thanks Billy. Still lots of room for improvement for Wales. We're winning while not being awesome, which is great as it gives us something to aim for and will keep the players on their toes. Especially now there's loads of competition for places.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

Ellis Jenkins was MOM for this game, and rightly so, but by heck did Wainwright push him close for that accolade.

Wales have unearthed some gems as of late, Cory Hill, Ellis Jenkins, Arron Wainwright, Ryan Elias, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Dillon Lewis, Josh Adams, Tomos Williams, Seb Davies, Adam Beard, Owen Watkin.

All these are just kids.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:18 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:27 pm

7&1/2,

I do not mean to be rude but you do seem to have this unnerving addiction to anything LD does on this site. It may be an idea to just avoid him thumbsup

Back on topic,

I think that Wales have certainly unearthed some very good talent, it bodes well going into a RWC year. It was not that long ago that the meat was very thin on the bones but the timing of these players coming into the international set up could not be better.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I have stayed off this thread since the first trolls tried to get the better of it, a thread that I started and wanted to debate on, but found I didn't want to because of the members spoiling it.

I have had a quick read through it again this morning, and what do I find, the usual trolls still being allowed to do as and what they please on a Welsh thread.

If that was Gwlad on any other thread there would be murders. I don't get this place anymore, I really don't. Especially when you get certain MODS being hypocritical and sticking up for the trolls.

But hey ho, what are you to do ?

Yeah I was here and tighthead, Hersh, etc were wumming and had a number of comments removed. Yet here they are back at it again.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:33 pm

Well he's lying about me billy.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:36 pm

No I'm not No 7&1/2. You went on a one man crusade on the very 1st page of this topic. We did not even discuss the game because of it.

I did not mention anything about you commenting during the game.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:37 pm

eirebilly wrote:I think that Wales have certainly unearthed some very good talent, it bodes well going into a RWC year. It was not that long ago that the meat was very thin on the bones but the timing of these players coming into the international set up could not be better.

Yes, it bodes well going into a world cup year. It's nice to see the 6N countries actually pushing the boundaries for a change. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:39 pm

That's fine. As confirmed by a mod not wumming you should quote a source when lifting people's work word for word.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:43 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:That's fine. As confirmed by a mod not wumming you should quote a source when lifting people's work word for word.

Who's that ? The same MOD who made this thread:-

https://www.606v2.com/t68115-zebre-v-edinburgh

Funnily enough, I do not see you all over that telling him the same thing, nor do I see him practicing what he was preaching on this thread either. You have some serious issues when it comes to me on here, I suggest you take billy's advice. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:45 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Mon 26 Nov 2018, 4:07 pm

eirebilly wrote:Well lads, what a game. Absolutely dead happy for AWJ. That man seems to get better with age, that was some performance by him clap

As I said on another thread, I see very little between Wales, England and Ireland going into the 6N.

Except Wales at home for both games

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 4:36 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Yeah I was here and tighthead, Hersh, etc were wumming and had a number of comments removed. Yet here they are back at it again.

I had no comments removed, not sure about this Herch guy you are on about though.
But all my comments were all on topic and about the game, unless of course I'm not allowed an opinion on the game because in truth I didn't mind if SA won?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 5:01 pm

You did though, you were commenting about rainbow laces after the mods had requested you stop, and you had those comments removed. Now you’re lying about it, which is to be expected from someone like you.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:17 pm

I mentioned that on a number of threads,
was disappointed that the bbc were implying only England were not wearing them when clearly some if not all of the Welsh lads weren’t too, I don’t blame them as apparently they were poor quality and uncomfortable to wear

Also if those posts were removed from this thread it was only done to stop some people getting upset and overreacting.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:17 pm

So yeah they were removed, after you were twice asked to stop and take the night off because you were wumming. So now that we’ve established you’re lying, you should move forward and get over the laces.
You’ve been posting the usual, child-like comments since 2004, I’m not sure how you aren’t bored.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:39 pm

But my comments were not off topic, last weekend was Rainbow laces weekend for the LGBT community, Gareth Thomas was a main talking point too.

Nz and France were wearing them, as I could see not many of the Wales or England lads were, like it or not  Crying or Very sad  that was a fact.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:40 pm

Do you feel threatened by the rainbow laces?

I only joined in 2014! Another one of your strange comments this evening
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:49 pm

You had the comments removed because you were wumming. It’s a bit rich to say otherwise when it’s known that you complain about replies that put you in your place.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:57 pm

How is that wummimg, the mod asked to cool it as some posters, you included where getting annoyed and wound up over rainbow laces!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:12 pm

There wasn’t a comment that responded to those about the rainbow laces though, so that’s another lowlife lie. Hopefully you get asked to take the year off next time.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:43 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:First I've seen of it. Report it ld. And I have only commented on it due to you bringing my name up and lying about me. I'll pop off again.

No, no,no. !!!!!

You are the one who is against all that kind of thing, you are the one who feels so strongly about it, you are the one going around accusing people of plagiarism. You have the the link, you go on there, you make a point like you have on this thread.OK

I doubt you will though, and it will show you for what you really are on here.Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:11 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:31 pm

This is really grim now boys picard

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:33 pm

Sorry. I try to get out he drags me back in.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5