The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gareth Hock

+2
George Hotel1895
WarriorBT
6 posters

Go down

Gareth Hock Empty Gareth Hock

Post by WarriorBT Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

Looking likely that he's gonna be playing against Hudds but what are peoples opinions on this.

Personally (i know im biased but id say im a fan of sport over my team) i think its great.

He's been given an uncomfortable time by the club but also a way back, he's taken it on the (rather large) chin and has by all accounts worked hard to earn his right to play again. Now he sounds like he's matured and is itching to get stuck in.

Still i said around the time he got banned wigan should offer him a deal straight away but spend the time transforming him into a centre, would have turned out to be a handy move with our abundance of back rows and limited 3/4s but cannot fault the way the club has dealt with the situation

WarriorBT

Back to top Go down

Gareth Hock Empty Re: Gareth Hock

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he made the England squad for this autumn's 4 nations. He is by nature a very committed person, and very passionate about playing Rugby League for Wigan and England.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:59 am

I'm in the don't bring him back camp, IMO it sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad and especially the academy players.

That being said he looks huge and will probably move to prop which has been an issue for us this year.

As for 4Nations, with Big Sam Burgess unlikely to feature Hock has a good chance of making the team. think he'll be a target for the Aussies and the Kiwis though.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

Has done his time, and it was a recreational drug rather than a performance enhancing one.

The only issue I had was him coming back to training a month or so prior to his ban finishing. I felt he should of been banned from all aspects of Rugby which includes training, playing and being able to sign any contracts.

No doubt he'll get some stick from opposition fans but this is to be expected and am sure he can ride it out.

Think he could make the four nations as after Friday's display I think Morley and Peacock should be done due to their age. Getting too slow now.

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

"I think Morley and Peacock should be done due to their age"

I'd have left Jammer graham as captain as I think long term he will be so need to change. Peacock's silly offload was the reason the exiles got the first try.

Thing with JP and AM is they've been our 2 best props for a long time and AM in particular because he's still talked about in the NRL as he dominated.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 7:30 pm

I have said that it wouldn't surprise if Gareth Hock was to play international football this autumn, and i'm not saying if i'm for or against him returning to the international game, but if he does play how do fellow posters think he's temperament will stand up to the undoubted verbals that he will get from the Aussie and Kiwi players?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

Will he even realise they're talking to him?

He should worry about his slippery fingers and knocking on.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

BicesterWarrior wrote:I'm in the don't bring him back camp, IMO it sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad and especially the academy players.

I think it actually sends out the exact opposite message:
If you get caught taking ANY drugs you'll get a 2 year ban, if you're repentant and try you're hardest to get back to the top, we'll give you another chance, what better message to ANY kids, rugby players or not, could you send out?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

I'm all for second chances in life, just don't think Hock's should be at Wigan.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Paid his dues
I think Hock will give both Wigan and England raw aggression ,he was always a bit hot headed and needs to curb that a bit but England need players who will stand upto the Aussies and the Kiwis and from whats been reported hes bulked up and will be playing prop , can see him and Graham taking it to them in the 4 nations
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:48 pm

Without meaning to sound negative as I would like to see England win the 4 nations as it would be good for the game but Gareth Hock has played for England before and imo he did'nt really look that good. I don't see how he could make a difference against the Aussies or Kiwis after being out of the game for 2 year's.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Without meaning to sound negative as I would like to see England win the 4 nations as it would be good for the game but Gareth Hock has played for England before and imo he did'nt really look that good. I don't see how he could make a difference against the Aussies or Kiwis after being out of the game for 2 year's.
I was in Sydney when we won against Australia in 2006, and Gareth Hock was outstanding along with the whole England Team. I happen to think a fit and focused Gareth Hock is a player the Aussies and Kiwis would fear.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

Hock looked in decent shape last night , obviously needs match practice but the off loads were still there .
Imo big plus for England and Wigan
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Hock looked in decent shape last night , obviously needs match practice but the off loads were still there .
Imo big plus for England and Wigan
I agree thumbsup

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:57 pm

I have to hold my hand's up he does look pretty good, I never actually thought he was that big and he does have a good off load on him.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down