The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Six Press Conferences

+10
Afro
Trebs
Hero
Marky
Take a boo
Fernando
Azzy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fluxy
Dolphin Ziggler
14 posters

Go down

Week Six Press Conferences Empty Week Six Press Conferences

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

1. How did you feel the Hardcore Cup went for the league and for your side?

2. What are your views on some managers rotating their squads for the Cup?

3. With many windows behind us now, what are your transfer aims in the short-term?

4. Which other side is annoying you most as the weeks go by?

5. Outside of this, are you happy with the FA Cup draw? Even if your team was too hipster to qualify past round one.

6. Winter break - acceptable or bulls***?

7. Favourite flavour of crisps?

8. If you had to pick an actor to play you in the film of your life, who would be second choice after best actor of all time Bruce Willis?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Week Six Press Conferences Empty Re: Week Six Press Conferences

Post by Fluxy Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

The cup went well. Although I am only saying that after finally winning my first game. However, I think we settled into our system now and should see us improve in the league. 

Not really bothered, it is their team they can do what they like.

3. With many windows behind us now, what are your transfer aims in the short-term?

Just to keep improving the value and quality of the team. 

What?

5. Outside of this, are you happy with the FA Cup draw? Even if your team was too hipster to qualify past round one.

Reasonable, QPR won't be an easy game, but still a challenge. 

I get the need for a break, yet I have always enjoyed the games around the festive period. They do need to be more sensible with the scheduling, which will get around some of the issues. 

McCoys Steak crisps or Sensations Chicken and Thyme

8. If you had to pick an actor to play you in the film of your life, who would be second choice after best actor of all time Bruce Willis?

Tom Hardy - top actor, if he can't do it, then I'll have to do it...

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 am

I see I won from the main thread, haven't watched the game yet but assume it was as usual a easy win for the best manager in the league.

I honestly could not care less

To improve my team - what a stupid question, are you from CNN?

I would have to say whichever team Bam is managing. Because it's Bam

Not really - Pompey at home. Always want a good away trip in the cup, either to a crap team like Solihull Moors or Woking or one of the big clubs. A home tie against a League One side is a bit meh, and they're also just good enough that we'll need to put out a good side to beat them so can't even rest players either.

It's not needed. Going to football games during the winter is great, imagine actually having to speak to your family over the festive period instead of just watching football

Pringles Cheese and Onion.

Kaitlyn Jenner.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:30 am

Terribly. I put my reserve side out for two reasons - to get a good look at those players who've yet to play a game for my team, and to lose. I didn't want the distraction of a Cup run for my team, but I didn't take into account how poor my opponent is as a manager. I could have put out my fourth-strength team and still won, in hindsight.

Well it's gone badly from my perspective. I almost wish I'd played my first team, for the good it did me, but I was happy with the performances of several of my reserve players, particularly Eddie Nketiah.

To buy a third keeper, as I keep getting one of my two injured.

MK Dons. Turns out there's only one team in this league capable of beating them.

I couldn't care less about the FA Cup. I hope Albion lose to Wigan so we can focus on our promotion campaign. Imagine how embarrassing it would be to finish behind the likes of Norwich, Villa, Boro or Leeds.

Acceptable. But then again, I haven't watched a game of football since the World Cup, so I really couldn't give a monkeys.

Walkers Beef and Onion. Suitable for vegetarians apparently.

Ron Jeremy.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. How did you feel the Hardcore Cup went for the league and for your side? Well i won apparently and got no injuries so pretty happy aiming for the last 4 if get crap sides like olly, azzy or trebs

2. What are your views on some managers rotating their squads for the Cup? Some people just don't take cups seriously. a real shame

3. With many windows behind us now, what are your transfer aims in the short-term? Get some full backs and a keeper look at squad depth

4. Which other side is annoying you most as the weeks go by? Azzy cos he called me Eric Dier and no one deserves that

5. Outside of this, are you happy with the FA Cup draw? Even if your team was too hipster to qualify past round one. yeah i always approve of little clubs facing PL sides so Solihull or Blackpool will be fun-ah

6. Winter break - acceptable or bulls***? Bullshite just finish the season earlier surely this just makes it a longer season 0o

7. Favourite flavour of crisps? Any kind of McCoys

8. If you had to pick an actor to play you in the film of your life, who would be second choice after best actor of all time Bruce Willis? Probably John C. Reilly suitable ugly and fat enough to be me

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am

Excellent question from the handsome chap at the back. I barely lost and had a striker in goal, it’s the stuff of dreams.

I’d fine them all, personally. I could use the money

Just buy players who take long shots

Fluxy’s side, because he didn’t understand this question.

Always want a home tie against someone outside the premier league. We got the most acceptable teams in the West Midlands. I love the fa cup.

Not sure if I’d survive winter if football had a break.

Cheese and Onion.

Charlie Day

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 am

Back to winning ways with an emphatic victory so all in all it went pretty well. Also switched up formations which has given food for thought ahead of my next encounter.

Thinks its a good opportunity to mix things up and try out some squad players, although at the end of the day its all about winning.

Nearly at the end of my short term plan for building a competitive squad so will turn my attention to youth in a few weeks time.

On the basis they are the only side to defeat the mighty FGR I'd have to say Cheltenham, looking forward to revenge in the Cup!

Not too fussed on the early rounds, Wolves away isn't ideal but it'll be a good opportunity to give some of the youngsters a run out.

Acceptable for the players, bulls*** for the lack of football over the festive period.

Tangy Cheese Doritos

My man Will Smith - Big Willie Style

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Terribly, while we didn't play badly, we conceded right at the end of 90 mins and let in a golden goal right at the end of Extra Time, despite controlling the majority of the play. Still, we go again.

Entirely their decision, don't know why anyone would particularly care what other managers do regarding team selection, if anyone is annoyed by it they can go suck a lemon.

To find a diamond in the rough with a TM value of £200k or less, who then breaks into a Premier League side in the short term and tears it up. I must have dreamt it though, I'm not sure such a player exists.

Exeter, probably because there's three of them, but it might be because they're actually succeeding. Nobody really annoys me, I just have a lot of Schadenfreude in me.

Few too many big teams at home to lower league opposition. Feel there is definite grounds to have the lower ranked team automatically at home for the early rounds, would create more interest and give the potential for more shocks. Chelsea v Forest, Everton v Lincoln, Man City v Rotherham and Man U v Reading are examples of this.

More than acceptable. It only needs to be in the elite leagues, Premier League and Championship have a case for it benefitting the National team(s), but Leagues 1 and down should continue, would give them more ears and eyes if Leagues 1, 2 and non league are the main attractions in the festive period.

Chilli Heatwave Doritos are awesome, but I'm rarely picky when it comes to crisps.

Bruce is first choice, but probably for accuracy, Nick Frost.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Overall fairly well although I was annoyed that injuries weren't involved, was looking forward to a war of attrition and had plans to set all my players to aggressive interceptions to nobble my opponent.

Entirely their call, some gave other players a chance to shine, some played their goalkeepers upfront.

Unearthing the next Mbappe, any pointers?

Trebs, because they have a director of chaos.

I haven't a clue as yet who got who in it.

Bunch of fannies. Just put another snood on.

Them new jalapeño ones that have 3 bars of heat.

Suppose I have to pick Alan ruddy Carr.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Hero wrote:7. Favourite flavour of crisps?

Them new jalapeño ones that have 3 bars of heat.

I nearly went for them. Walkers Max Strong Jalapeno and Cheese. Intense.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm in the next round of the Hardcore Cup, which is all that matters. The only issue is ideas have been suggested but there is no decisiveness on what the prize is for winning the competition.

I take every game like it's a cup final. Why think about anything less?

I've spoken to my head scout and we do have a number of players under consideration. He is looking further and we'll make a final decision on which player to sign. I'm mainly looking for a left-sided player and possibly a central midfielder though.

I don't get annoyed by any of the teams per se, just some of the managers in this league.

I think the draw overall was a bit crap to be brutally honest. I hope Solihull can get the win over Blackpool though.

The tradition of the Christmas games is so deeply ingrained into English football, I think it's part of the challenge of rotating a squad for all the difficult games and picking up as many points as possible.
I could possibly accept some kind of late January two week break, but I'm not sure how you'd enforce it.

Salt and Vinegar. Always.

Daniel Radcliffe

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I'd say that it didn't add much to the league. Its another competition and you need to put together 4 good games to win, so its a chance for all to win a trophy. The Hardcore bit didn't really happen though, so will be interesting to see one of the other modes for the cup in the second half of the season. For me, it was a great game, but a defeat all the same, so not a good one.

It was a good chance to try different things. I tried a few in different positions, but more took it as an opportunity to test the water against a team I think it will be a main rival if I want to compete at the top. I came out of it having outplayed Olly until my subs, so....

My numbers are a bit down, and my subs are still a weakness, so I want to try and build up a bit of depth in the next few weeks. I want to make sure that when my subs come on, the quality doesn't drop and I let teams back into games.

Can't say that anyone has really irritated me. I like each manager personally, and want to beat them all equally.

Not much excitement to the draw. Would have been good for one of the non-league teams to get a really big side. We got Lincoln at home, which would be tricky as we will be expected to win comfortably, but they are flying irl. I'm hoping Bam takes charge of them for that game.

I enjoy the games over Xmas as its one of the few times when I switch off and am not constantly on the go. I can sit and watch every game. But I can see that there could be benefits for the national team. Perhaps having the break in January/February, so its just cup games in that period?

Cheesy Doritos, although I do agree with Marky about the Chilli Heatwave ones too.

Do I need to cancel the Bruce Willis booking? Given I'm pretty clumsy, Rowan Atkinson would be an appropriate choice Shocked
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Well it didn't go too well for me got demolished! But I'm sure other managers are happy they got a win in the Mickey Mouse cup.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "A war will not be won using the same forces everytime. A fatigued unstoppable battle veteran will struggle to defeat an unarmoured slave with little battle experience. In war you must rest the tired if you want to achieve victory"

Looking to bring in a CB and a CM in next.

No one YET.

I have zero interest in the FA Cup. The Cops Del Rey is where it's at!

No way in hell there should be a winter break.

Cofesh Hot Chilli Grills. I'd recommend them to those with sophisticated taste buds.

Danny DeVito
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Hero wrote:

Suppose I have to pick Alan ruddy Carr.

I can think of a certain robot who'd love to step back into the limelight and come ALIVE again

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Trailed a new formation - got the win but left me very open. Still, all about being in the hat for the next round

At this stage it is all about getting information on your squad. There are examples of lower fifa rated players performing well. You can then move them in your main squad

Build up the squad and then save for some bigger targets.

That one with 3 managers #annoying4ife

I honestly haven't seen the 3rd round draw. As Fleet are still in the FA Trophy I am more worried about that

Acceptable

Beef. Not Beef and Onion. Just Beef

Jim Carey

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 am

Took it seriously in that I played my full team but wanted to try a new formation. It didn't work and Colchester should probably have won by more in all honesty

Perfectly fine - I changed my entire formation and player instructions, I see no issue with trying players in new positions or bringing new players in completely. Every manager can do as they please in any game as long as they're getting tactics in

General aim is to bring in players who can contribute now, but I've definitely got an eye on long term TM value growth. There are a few I've bought who are for the here and now as I think their attributes are a good fit for my set up

All of the ones who beat me. So currently a quarter of the league

The 3rd round is great when there's some random non league team up against one of the top sides, so I'm hoping Solihell can progress in their replay. Outside of that its a severe case of meh, although the outcry when Man Utd inevitably end up on TV again is going to be amusing

Those who are the loudest objectors of a winter break are often those who are the loudest to complain about players being rotated or not being up to scratch for England at the end of the season. I wouldn't want it to be over the festive games, but after the FA Cup 3rd round or later would be a good compromise

Some excellent shouts above, I like paprika max if I had to pick one bag at the meal deal aisle

Idris Elba, although I'm not sure if he's manly enough

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm

1. It was disappointing there weren't countless injuries. We dominated much of the match but didn't have the same finishing skills as the oppo so disappointed to not go through.

2. Couldn't care less, can see why you'd see it as a good chance to try out different formations.

3. I'm pretty happy with the core of my side, a new keeper next week, then a forward and a cb will be my main aims for improving the team. I've used up a lot of cash and players with TM value to sell though so it'll take a while to get the targets I'd want, I'll probably end up spending the cash I need on young players instead in next couple weeks.

4. It would've been Marky given the hammering they gave us in the first week but given the contrasting fortunes since then I'd have to say Newport still managing to win without a manager and signings.

5. Don't pay any attention to the FA cup draws, nothing hipster about it just that football does exist beyond little England.

6. We have a winter break in Scotland in the first 3 weeks of Jan. I think it works well. Weather is crap, more than usual anyway, and you still get to enjoy the run of games over Christmas.

7. Don't actually eat crisps often but hard to pick one, but would go for doritos chilli heatwave with sour cream chive dip

8. Terry Crews

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down