The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Memories

Go down

World Cup Memories Empty World Cup Memories

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 21 Feb 2019, 2:18 pm

Now less than 100 days are left for the World Cup 2019. The cricketing best nations will meet for 12th time to find the one who is best among them. I am a constant cricket follower since 2003 and this will be my 5th WC. We all might have come across some of great battle on field during all these World Cups. Write your favourite story behind your best memories in the world cup.

For me there are many, however I will start with Bermuda VS Bangladesh 2007. It was the 24th game of the WC. India was already defeated by BD and SL, and had only one consolation win against Bermuda. All eyes were on BD and Bermuda match. Almost all fans in India knew that our journey was over, however I was bit hopeful of an overturn. I was praying that somehow Bermuda defeats BD and the equations will take India to next round. Usually at home everyone sleeps by 11 PM. I was not having any sleep. 2007 World cup was held at Caribbeans and so matches were telecasted at nights. That night rain was also affecting the game. Finally the game started and I was stuck on TV. Bermuda scored in 90's in their allocated 21 overs. I was having finger crossed that somehow BD could not win. It was past mid night almost 2 A.M. and I was warned by mom that if I miss the school next morning things will not go well. As a 15 year guy, I was bit terrified but was more terrified with India's exit. As soon the match started Bermuda as per my expectation reduced BD to 37/3. I was super excited. However in the next one hour, my excitement evaporated slowly. It was like a slow poison. I was damn upset with my team. The next morning I was totally off and missed the school too. That night was really un-forget able.

Write your best cricket memories.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

World Cup Memories Empty Re: World Cup Memories

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 23 Feb 2019, 2:13 pm

I was going through some of the highlights of 2003 WC. Two matches as a neutral fan impressed me a lot. In one Australia played England and in the other they played NZ. Till today not a single team has inched even 30% closer to the might of that Australian team. In both the matches Aussies were on their knees, however they always had the Achilles in the form of Bewan. However this time Andy Bichel too played an interesting part. They outplayed the whole opposition who had championed the best top orders. Both the matches reminded that Aussies had some opposition, though limited but they had.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 23 Feb 2019, 2:44 pm

I think in 2003 WC most of the teams were not just defeated by Australia but also by the lightening speed of Brett Lee. He was over 150 KMPH most of the time.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down