The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Championship 2019 Thread

+15
dummy_half
Nathaniel Jacobs
Mat
guildfordbat
JDizzle
alfie
Duty281
wisden
LondonTiger
king_carlos
Afro
James100
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gooseberry
jimbohammers
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Tue 26 Feb 2019, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just over a month to go until the new season starts.

Same old questions...

Who are your picks for the title?
Who is going down?
Surprise team?
Most runs?
Most wickets? 
One to watch?

How is your team shaping up for the start of the season? Any inside news?

Discuss here...


Last edited by jimbohammers on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down


County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by LondonTiger Fri 07 Jun 2019, 8:47 am

Looking at the leading run scorers in D1 does not provide much confidence that we will find the solution to England's Top 3 woes in a hurry:

Ballance 603 @86
Northeast 575 @72
Burns 471 @47
Sibley 426 @53
Crawley 406 @41
Bartlett 395 @137
Nash 392 @39
Lyth 391 @49
Robinson 361 @40
Cook 357 @51

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2019, 9:27 am

Crawley is meant to be pretty highly rated, but would be a bit lunacy to shove him into the limelight.

To be honest, I think they should try Roy in the absence of anybody putting their hand up - and I don't think it would be the worst idea to give Ballance another go - but then I was firmly in the Gary Ballance fanclub, and still a piece of my heart is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Gooseberry Fri 07 Jun 2019, 9:47 am

LondonTiger wrote:Looking at the leading run scorers in D1 does not provide much confidence that we will find the solution to England's Top 3 woes in a hurry:

Ballance 603 @86
Northeast 575 @72
Burns 471 @47
Sibley 426 @53
Crawley 406 @41
Bartlett 395 @137
Nash 392 @39
Lyth 391 @49
Robinson 361 @40
Cook 357 @51

5 of the top run scorers being England qualified openers (albeit two of the past it) surely suggests that things arent that bad?

Last season Burns was the only one in either division scoring runs . The change in balls of course has helped the openers a lot, as does most of the good bowlers being at the world cup. But I wouldn't moan too much about 3 young English openers being near the top of the D1 run scorers (outperforming Cook), when did that last happen?

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Fri 07 Jun 2019, 9:56 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Crawley is meant to be pretty highly rated, but would be a bit lunacy to shove him into the limelight.

To be honest, I think they should try Roy in the absence of anybody putting their hand up - and I don't think it would be the worst idea to give Ballance another go - but then I was firmly in the Gary Ballance fanclub, and still a piece of my heart is

Good post, Olly.

I always value Rob Key's view and know he rates Crawley. However, I think Key is only flagging him as one to watch - not seeking his call up now.

Not convinced by Roy opening in Tests - but, as you say, difficult to think of anyone putting their hand up. I wouldn't have a problem with a recall for Ballance - he's consistently getting runs this season and that's all he can do. You can argue whether he should have been on the wretched tour of Australia but he seemed to be harshly treated when being axed from the England squad after it, given he never played a Test.

PS No recall yet for Ansari? Wink

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2019, 10:12 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Crawley is meant to be pretty highly rated, but would be a bit lunacy to shove him into the limelight.

To be honest, I think they should try Roy in the absence of anybody putting their hand up - and I don't think it would be the worst idea to give Ballance another go - but then I was firmly in the Gary Ballance fanclub, and still a piece of my heart is

Good post, Olly.

I always value Rob Key's view and know he rates Crawley. However, I think Key is only flagging him as one to watch - not seeking his call up now.

Not convinced by Roy opening in Tests - but, as you say, difficult to think of anyone putting their hand up. I wouldn't have a problem with a recall for Ballance - he's consistently getting runs this season and that's all he can do. You can argue whether he should have been on the wretched tour of Australia but he seemed to be harshly treated when being axed from the England squad after it, given he never played a Test.

PS No recall yet for Ansari? Wink

I know people will roll their eyes at Ballance, but how can you ignore the weight of runs whilst we continue to trot out players averaging 30 in division 2? It's a tough one admittedly, but he has done something a lot of other number 3's haven't done for England in the past half decade, and that is score actual hundreds/runs, as he did in 2014 and 2015.

As for Zafar, I'm waiting to see how he gets on in the Surrey masters first Hug
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

Good to see Ed Barnard finally get a go in Worcs top 6 - given the chances D’Oliveira, Rhodes etc got. Although facing Jimmy A on a green top in wet conditions coming in at 39-4 will be fun...

JDizzle

Posts : 6830
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Gooseberry Mon 10 Jun 2019, 12:34 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Crawley is meant to be pretty highly rated, but would be a bit lunacy to shove him into the limelight.

To be honest, I think they should try Roy in the absence of anybody putting their hand up - and I don't think it would be the worst idea to give Ballance another go - but then I was firmly in the Gary Ballance fanclub, and still a piece of my heart is

Good post, Olly.

I always value Rob Key's view and know he rates Crawley. However, I think Key is only flagging him as one to watch - not seeking his call up now.

Not convinced by Roy opening in Tests - but, as you say, difficult to think of anyone putting their hand up. I wouldn't have a problem with a recall for Ballance - he's consistently getting runs this season and that's all he can do. You can argue whether he should have been on the wretched tour of Australia but he seemed to be harshly treated when being axed from the England squad after it, given he never played a Test.

PS No recall yet for Ansari? Wink

I know people will roll their eyes at Ballance, but how can you ignore the weight of runs whilst we continue to trot out players averaging 30 in division 2? It's a tough one admittedly, but he has done something a lot of other number 3's haven't done for England in the past half decade, and that is score actual hundreds/runs, as he did in 2014 and 2015.

As for Zafar, I'm waiting to see how he gets on in the Surrey masters first Hug

I find it hard to believe hes still only 29!
Hes always scored a lot in the CC (except last year). Hes never been any good against hostile pace at test level.

Starc and Cummins with the new ball in the Ashes at 3?
Rolls eyes

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Mat Mon 10 Jun 2019, 3:33 pm

JDizzle wrote:Good to see Ed Barnard finally get a go in Worcs top 6 - given the chances D’Oliveira, Rhodes etc got. Although facing Jimmy A on a green top in wet conditions coming in at 39-4 will be fun...

Like you say, it's about time tbf, been some very average players given a go above him despite the weight of his runs he was getting lower down.

Mat
6CW Creative

Posts : 4755
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 29
Location : Malvern

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:43 pm

Good day for Somerset so far.

Now lets see how tricky it is to bat. First target, see if we can be level by close
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Tue 11 Jun 2019, 3:28 pm

Afro wrote:Good day for Somerset so far.

Now lets see how tricky it is to bat. First target, see if we can be level by close

Revise target. See if we can get level before we are all out...
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Thu 13 Jun 2019, 2:34 pm

Starting to get exciting at Canterbury. Can we get a highly unlikely win when it looked for all the money a draw
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Thu 13 Jun 2019, 2:54 pm

Looking likely Afro, Kent 59 all out!
My man Gregory with 11 wickets in the match

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Thu 13 Jun 2019, 3:09 pm

Bonus points very welcome, especially with Yorkshire looking like getting a draw (at best....!!!)
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Thu 13 Jun 2019, 8:41 pm

Got a decent gap at the top now, almost halfway through the competition. Two big games coming up against Essex in Chelmsford and then Hants in Taunton

Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by LondonTiger Mon 17 Jun 2019, 2:42 pm

Hampshire looking as though they will lose to Essex by an innings.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Mon 17 Jun 2019, 2:45 pm

Could be another decent week for Somerset then, without playing
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by LondonTiger Mon 17 Jun 2019, 4:22 pm

And the innings victory is duly achieved by Essex. 

Hampshire seem to be veering from extremes 3 good wins yet two thumping defeats both by an innings.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Jun 2019, 7:05 pm

Will take a choke of epic proportions now for Somerset to throw away the title
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Mon 17 Jun 2019, 9:23 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Will take a choke of epic proportions now for Somerset to throw away the title

And Lewis Gregory already a front runner for a Wisden Cricketer of the Year.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Mon 17 Jun 2019, 10:21 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Will take a choke of epic proportions now for Somerset to throw away the title

Thanks Olly. That’s going to put the mockers on it!!

Only played 6 of 14 games, not even halfway through yet. I’d rather be in our position than anyone else’s but still a lot of balls to be bowled!
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Tue 18 Jun 2019, 10:09 am

Awful from Hampshire but without looking for excuses.. It doesn't help having our 2 best players away. Especially Dawson not even likely to get 1 game at the world cup.

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Gooseberry Tue 18 Jun 2019, 10:51 am

jimbohammers wrote:Awful from Hampshire but without looking for excuses.. It doesn't help having our 2 best players away. Especially Dawson not even likely to get 1 game at the world cup.


Im sure the Surrrey fans hearts are bleeding for you

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Sun 23 Jun 2019, 3:53 pm

You've lost me there goose

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Mon 24 Jun 2019, 2:01 pm

Not a good morning for us. Got to bat for as long as we can and see how close we can get to the Essex score
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Tue 25 Jun 2019, 9:26 am

Need a miracle today to get anything out of our game. Critical game for the championship too. Essex winning brings them right back to us.
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 25 Jun 2019, 1:57 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Will take a choke of epic proportions now for Somerset to throw away the title

chin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Thu 27 Jun 2019, 3:19 pm

Banger announces his retirement at the end of the season.

Class player and a true Somerset legend. You will be greatly missed sir cider cider

Perfect timing with young Mr Banton looking ready to step into his shoes
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by JDizzle Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:36 pm

Afro wrote:Banger announces his retirement at the end of the season.

Class player and a true Somerset legend. You will be greatly missed sir cider cider

Perfect timing with young Mr Banton looking ready to step into his shoes

My favourite ever player, absolute legend.

A complete list of the best Tres innings - 219 vs SA at the Oval, 180 vs SA in Joburg (which was probably his best Test innings), twin hundred vs the Windies, hiis 90 on the first day vs the Aussies at Edgbaston reset the tone for that series - bopping Warne back over his head first morning of a Test.

He still makes my England all time ODI team, easy to forget he has only recently been surpassed as their top century maker.

As well as being Somerset’s leading century maker and catcher. Give the man his statue!

JDizzle

Posts : 6830
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by alfie Fri 28 Jun 2019, 3:48 am

One of my favourite players too. Timing is right ... just to make it perfect we need him to get back in the Somerset team just in time for the last couple of (Championship confirming ?) matches at the end of the season...

alfie

Posts : 19815
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Fri 28 Jun 2019, 6:42 am

alfie wrote:One of my favourite players too.  Timing is right ... just to make it perfect we need him to get back in the Somerset team just in time for the last couple of (Championship confirming ?) matches at the end of the season...

Alfie - I'm sure Afro will appreciate your sentiments about Tres but may not be so comfortable about you even thinking about counting Championship chickens upon Somerset's behalf. Wink Of all the teams to crash and burn against this week, Essex was not the one!

Anyway, a very fine player at all levels of the game. On the timing, I'm inclined to think he might have gone a little earlier but have no wish to rain on the parade.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Fri 28 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

Shoutout to Ben Raine for Durham this week vs Sussex

2nd innings...

22.3 overs, 13 maidens, 27 runs, 6 wickets.. clap

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Fri 28 Jun 2019, 3:17 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Shoutout to Ben Raine for Durham this week vs Sussex

2nd innings...

22.3 overs, 13 maidens, 27 runs, 6 wickets..  clap

Good call, Jimbo. I had missed that. I saw Raine playing for Leics against Surrey a few seasons back and thought he had something about him.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Gooseberry Fri 28 Jun 2019, 4:56 pm

To be fair its not hard to stand out at Leicestershire. 

Can we mention Sibley AGAIN. If Cooks not coming out of retirement (hes not) then hes surely got to be next in line for a spot as an opener. Denly did make a big score the other week mind.

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by JDizzle Tue 02 Jul 2019, 11:59 am

Jimmy Anderson has left the field injured playing for the Lankies. Tried a couple of times to complete his over but couldn't. Worrying.

JDizzle

Posts : 6830
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Tue 02 Jul 2019, 12:30 pm

Gooseberry wrote:To be fair its not hard to stand out at Leicestershire. 

Can we mention Sibley AGAIN. If Cooks not coming out of retirement (hes not) then hes surely got to be next in line for a spot as an opener. Denly did make a big score the other week mind.

Closing in on another ton today as well, this time against Kent.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by alfie Tue 02 Jul 2019, 1:20 pm

Sibley is certainly scoring the sort of runs that demand at least consideration , no ?

By the way , Guildford : do you think your man Stoneman could yet mount a case for another go ? Hundred in this game might suggest he's running into some form as it heads towards the long game part of the international season...

alfie

Posts : 19815
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Gooseberry Tue 02 Jul 2019, 1:58 pm

alfie wrote:Sibley is certainly scoring the sort of runs that demand at least consideration , no ?

By the way , Guildford : do you think your man Stoneman could yet mount a case for another go ? Hundred in this game might suggest he's running into some form as it heads towards the long game part of the international season...

He was awful for England, awful last season, and has struggled this season. he only got called up in the first place through lack of options. Never been good enough, never will be. 
Sibley conversely is absolutely the stand out opener this season, only Cook is close to matching him. His overall record is not great, but better than Stonemans. The difference is hes in sustained good form and still at a stage in his career where he could still be improving. he also got a chance with the Lions over the winter which suggests hes in with a vague sniff.

From a short term POV though England will be thinking about players ability to handle raw pace, especially openers. Sibley wont have faced much in his life, and even less from left armers. Its a lot to ask for anyone stepping up from the county circuit to face genuinely fast bowler

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by king_carlos Tue 02 Jul 2019, 3:44 pm

JDizzle wrote:Jimmy Anderson has left the field injured playing for the Lankies. Tried a couple of times to complete his over but couldn't. Worrying.
Big concern for England. His quiet consistency this season has bordered on the ridiculous for Lancs. Prior to this match he had taken 28 CC wickets at an average of 8.64 and an economy of 1.71. Truly a different class and he seems to be getting better!

king_carlos

Posts : 11331
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Tue 02 Jul 2019, 6:20 pm

And Sibley moves to 200.

His form late last season and continued into all this one so far must put him in serious contention for a Test place. Particularly given the lack of other contenders.

At Surrey he often seemed to be out lbw, being too slow with his footwork and rooted in front. If that's still an issue, the opposition pacemen at Test level will find it out and hone in for sure.

Alfie - I did think on the eve of this season that Stoneman could get himself back in contention for a Test place. However, it was essential he got runs on the board and until the last two weeks he's failed badly this year. He was even going to be dropped by Surrey for the Yorks match at Guildford but Burns' absence due to a bad back won him a reprieve which he made the most of with a 60 odd and held onto his place making a ton against the same opponents at Scarbados yesterday. Unlike Goose, I will never say never to Stoneman but his early season form has put him further down the queue and he'll need to consistently produce some impressive numbers to get back up.

The word at the Oval from my man Stewart is that England are definitely considering Roy.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by JDizzle Tue 02 Jul 2019, 8:49 pm

I think it’ll be Roy to start the series. Can’t see it being anyone else at this point. I know Northeast bats in the middle order these days, but he would be higher on my list than Sibley. Both in the runs and Northeast passes the ‘eye test’ more than Sibley for me.

JDizzle

Posts : 6830
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by king_carlos Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:37 am

I'd be surprised if Roy was picked to open. Number 3 seems more likely. Perhaps Denly will be pushed up to his old role of opening.

king_carlos

Posts : 11331
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:48 pm

Sibley still rolling along. Now on 243, one run more than when he got his double ton for Surrey as a schoolboy.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:54 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Sibley still rolling along. Now on 243, one run more than when he got his double ton for Surrey as a schoolboy.

You've done him a kipper there Guildford!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Wed 03 Jul 2019, 1:50 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
alfie wrote:One of my favourite players too.  Timing is right ... just to make it perfect we need him to get back in the Somerset team just in time for the last couple of (Championship confirming ?) matches at the end of the season...

Alfie - I'm sure Afro will appreciate your sentiments about Tres but may not be so comfortable about you even thinking about counting Championship chickens upon Somerset's behalf. Wink Of all the teams to crash and burn against this week, Essex was not the one!

Anyway, a very fine player at all levels of the game. On the timing, I'm inclined to think he might have gone a little earlier but have no wish to rain on the parade.

Ok!

Lets not count our chickens. We are experts at coming second!!

Once Essex finish off their game v Notts the table will be looking a two horse race, and the visit of Essex to Taunton in September(?) is looking the key game
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by alfie Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:31 pm

Could be an exciting finale if you are correct about the timing of the Essex game , Afro !

An outside chance I might be over in the UK around then so I will have to check dates and itinerary just in case.

alfie

Posts : 19815
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by guildfordbat Thu 04 Jul 2019, 8:29 am

Alfie / Afro - Somerset v Essex @ Taunton,  Monday 23rd September to Tuesday 24th Wink  Thursday 26th September. Final round of CC matches for the season.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16394
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by JDizzle Tue 09 Jul 2019, 8:44 pm

https://twitter.com/georgedobell1/status/1148653071389663232?s=21

Jamie Overton has been different gravy since he returned from his loan spell. He bowls 90mph and takes wickets, compared to COverton and Gregory who are both excellent bowlers, he is the higher potential as an international bowler.

JDizzle

Posts : 6830
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by jimbohammers Sat 13 Jul 2019, 5:31 pm

Spin dominating in a few of the games. Ashwin with 6 against Surrey.
Lancashire took all of Sussex 10 tickets with spin! Parkinson and Maxwell (!)

Meanwhile Rahane's poor form continues for Hampshire, thought he'd be a really good signing for us but he's been very disappointing.

jimbohammers

Posts : 2463
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Afro Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:26 am

In all the excitement of the final yesterday, I've completely forgotten that Somerset are playing.

Not looking good for us. Need a really heroic performance to rescue something from this game. And Essex going well too Sad
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31631
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:32 am

Hmm your boys really are in a spot of bother here Afro.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50825
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 28
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

County Championship 2019 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: County Championship 2019 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum