The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March

+65
stub
eirebilly
Pie
Gibson
Brendan
whocares
Taylorman
formerly known as Sam
Heuer27
The Great Aukster
sensisball
Duty281
mid_gen
Heaf
TJ
carpet baboon
Sharkey06
king_carlos
Gooseberry
Scottrf
mikey_dragon
dummy_half
cakeordeath
Poorfour
RiscaGame
Scarpia
Luckless Pedestrian
No9
WELL-PAST-IT
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
George Carlin
tigertattie
Tramptastic
Hazel Sapling
EST
funnyExiledScot
EnglishReign
Rugby Fan
maestegmafia
quinsforever
Sgt_Pooly
BigTrevsbigmac
EWT Spoons
TightHEAD
Barney McGrew did it
SecretFly
BamBam
Geordie
jimbopip
lostinwales
Yoda
R!skysports
Ricardo74
NeilyBroon
RDW
yappysnap
Eejit
majesticimperialman
No 7&1/2
LondonTiger
robbo277
bsando
BigGee
69 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March - Page 4 Empty England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March

Post by BigGee Sun 10 Mar 2019, 6:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

England v Scotland
6N Round 5
Saturday 16th March
Twickenham Stadium
London

KO 17.00

Well here we are at the final round of matches and three teams can still come out on top following Ireland's demolition of France this afternoon.

England have the advantage of playing last and will know what they have to do, if Wales have not already wrapped it up with a Grand Slam earlier in the afternoon. That actually might be Scotland's best chance of getting anything out of this game if England get distracted about what is going on else where, particularly if they find playing for second spot a distraction, knowing Wales have already wrapped things up.

On paper, this is only going to be an English win, the only question being by how much.

Scotland have had an awful championship, where just about everything that could have gone wrong. They are only playing for pride, but history tells us that sides that are done at this stage in the competition, rarely have anything left in the tank for the final game.

It is not as if Scotland have any form at Twickenham either, we have not won there since 1983 (did I ever mention that I was there!). We had had a crap season and no-one gave us much of a chance that year either if I remember, then the following year we won the GS. Can I see that happening this time though?

Only in my dreams!

So what do both sides hope to get from the game?

England clearly want a BP victory, some revenge for last year and hopefully a championship. They would also like to show the continued emergence of such players as Cockanasiga, who could be pivotal to them doing well in the WC.

Scotland, despite whatever spin they put on the game, might just be happy with a decent performance and continued development of some of our young starlets. We took another pile of injuries this weekend and getting a half decent competitive side onto the pitch is going to be a challenge in itself. Still, this exposure might be the making of young Hastings, Bradbury, Graham, McDowell, Skinner, Ritchie and anyone else who gets to play, down the line.

Test rugby is a hard old place to earn your living and they will likely be finding that out next weekend.

England

Daly, Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell, Youngs; Moon, George, Sinckler, Launchbury, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Cole, Shields, Hughes, Spencer, Ford, Te'o

Scotland:

Maitland; Graham, Grigg, Johnson, McGuigan; Russell, Price; Dell, McInally (capt), Nel; Toolis, Gilchrist; Skinner, Watson, Bradbury.

Replacements: Brown, Reid, Berghan, J Gray, Strauss, Laidlaw, Hastings, Harris

Last edited by BigGee on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March - Page 4 Empty Re: England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March

Post by LondonTiger Tue 12 Mar 2019, 1:38 pm

You must first know the facts, before you are able to distort them.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March - Page 4 Empty Re: England v Scotland 6N Round 5 Saturday 16th March

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

miaow wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:
miaow wrote:Do you have a link/timestamp to where Wilson is discussed, or is it just an ongoing thing brought up from time to time?
Care talked about him last week, I think, but you can just listen to this week's podcast, where Wilson is actually on the line. He pops up quite early.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0737j5t

about 13/14 minutes in

thumbsup Hug

Gave this a listen. Wow. Danny Care has absolutely lost it. Embarrassing stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 12 Mar 2019, 4:02 pm

Today is the day where Eddie usually trims his squad isn't it, before the full squad announcement on Thursday? We might get a couple of hints as to what he's thinking tonight.

I think the 25 will most likely be:

Genge, Moon, George, Cowan-Dickie, Sinckler, Williams(/Cole), Kruis, Launchbury, Hughes, Ewels, Wilson, Shields, Curry, Vunipola
Youngs, Robson, Farrell, Ford, Te'o, Tuilagi, Slade, May, Cokanasiga, Daly, Nowell

The key questions that face Eddie for this game are at 1/17 (Genge or Moon), 6/20 (Shields or Wilson), 12/13 (Te'o/Tuilagi or Tuilagi/Slade), 14 (Cokanasiga or Nowell), 18 (Cole/Williams), 19 (Hughes/Ewels), 23 (centre who doesn't make it or winger who doesn't make it). I would imagine one of Cole or Williams will be cut answering one question, but I could see Ewels being retained as the extra forward. The rest of the people with question marks are all likely to make the 25.

Eddie could parachute someone in from left field, either Joseph coming back from injury or any of Ben Earl, Marcus Smith or Ollie Thorely as a real rogue call. So I guess we'll be able to rule on anything like this as either much more likely or not at all likely.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:26 pm

miaow wrote:Gave this a listen. Wow. Danny Care has absolutely lost it. Embarrassing stuff.
Genuinely surprised anyone would have that reaction to their exchange.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Tue 12 Mar 2019, 6:18 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
miaow wrote:Gave this a listen. Wow. Danny Care has absolutely lost it. Embarrassing stuff.

I think Wilson had Care wound up there (i may be biased as a scot but on the other hand I dont really rate wilson as a player but I think Care is a really good scrum half)

If he's getting wound up like that on a fairly civilised, relaxed podcast imagine how wound up he'd get during a game of rugby

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 12 Mar 2019, 6:36 pm

Tramptastic wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:

I think Wilson had Care wound up there (i may be biased as a scot but on the other hand I dont really rate wilson as a player but I think Care is a really good scrum half)

If he's getting wound up like that on a fairly civilised, relaxed podcast imagine how wound up he'd get during a game of rugby

Haven't listened to the pod yet, but other than Ireland 2009 (when Johnson infamously punched his matchday programme) I can't think of a time he's lost his cool on the rugby pitch for England. At least not one that's stood out really.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Mar 2019, 6:36 pm

Some people are just really good at getting others backs up! I wouldn't take it to heart, a podcast and a rugby pitch are two very different things, and it's tougher to be a wind up merchant when you're jogging around the pitch getting smashed and smashing into people thumbsup

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Mar 2019, 6:38 pm

Care generally lets his rugby do the talking, and although he's out of favour now, his number of caps for club and country, tries scored for both and silverware show he's not done too badly on that front.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:07 pm

Forwards

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs

Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Robson is out ill so Spencer called up.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:26 pm

Wilson clearly trying to get care to bite and to be fair to care he didn’t really lose it.

Wilson is a grade A plonker though. Booing the English players at the awards sounds rather childish
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

tigertattie wrote:Wilson clearly trying to get care to bite and to be fair to care he didn’t really lose it.

Wilson is a grade A plonker though. Booing the English players at the awards sounds rather childish

One of the Scottish journos tweeted saying he was at the awards and everyone was at it, including the English representation. Just sounds like fairly standard banter!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:34 pm

Check out @5liveSport’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1105540954570833920?s=09

Danny Care not one for Wilson's banter!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 8:13 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:

Would you say you're shocked and appalled? Or, in millennial parlance, 'shooketh'?

He hasn't lost it lost it, but he's definitely been hooked. He's fallen for the WUM. And then it descends into a 'id beat you in a fight'/my dads better than yours argument. Embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Mar 2019, 8:53 pm

So he hasn't lost it?

You don't really make sense

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 12 Mar 2019, 8:55 pm

He s just angry Spencer is preferred over him.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:16 pm

Am I right in saying that the Scotland game was Care’s last, if not penultimate game for England?
If so there’s no surprise that he’s bitter about it. I can understand why he’s wound up, Wilson is not one of Scotland’s better players and he’s giving a lot of chat.

But in a bizzare way he’s gone up in my estimation through all of this. He’s obviously a good laugh and he sticks to his guns. I wouldn’t say Care lost it, he gave as good as he got by my reckoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:41 pm

Any one know when the teams's will be announced for this week's game?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:44 pm

Scotland are usually Thursday lunchtime.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:00 pm

yappysnap wrote:So he hasn't lost it?

Which colloquial speech would you prefer to describe the rise Wilson got out of Danny Care?

Sad that you'd rather jump on the most minor of things on this forum rather because they don't like the poster, yap, rather than just discuss rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:07 pm

123456789. wrote:Am I right in saying that the Scotland game was Care’s last, if not penultimate game for England?
If so there’s no surprise that he’s bitter about it. I can understand why he’s wound up, Wilson is not one of Scotland’s better players and he’s giving a lot of chat.

But in a bizzare way he’s gone up in my estimation through all of this. He’s obviously a good laugh and he sticks to his guns. I wouldn’t say Care lost it, he gave as good as he got by my reckoning.

Na. Comes across as a bit tragic. Just hint at what's coming if you want to go out there and smash them. If you're not playing then all the more reason to keep it brief. Don't get wound up and say 'I'd have you in a fight' when you're not even in the squad. That's embarrassing, particularly when you're there in a journalistic capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:57 pm

miaow wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:

Would you say you're shocked and appalled? Or, in millennial parlance, 'shooketh'?

Neither shocked, nor appalled. Just surprised you think anyone "absolutely lost it" in that exchange. The background to this, is that Care had outlined on the show previously why Wilson had got up England player's noses. He recounted how Jamie George had been determined to get revenge with Saracens by beating Glasgow but had come off with a broken nose - caused by Wilson! (Wilson claimed on the new show that it had been "an accident"). Monye had also pointed out how the Scotland match had probably been instrumental in Jones' decision to drop his friend. None of this was subtext; it was all out in the open.

Personally, I thought it was a inspired move by the BBC to get Wilson on the show. Neither he nor Care are playing at the weekend, so it's not as if two boxers were taunting each other before a fight. I was prepared for Wilson to come across rather like a Mr Angry cartoon version of Mike Brown, but it quickly became apparent that he is more of a wind-up merchant, which was a lot more amusing for the rest of us.

I don't think either man came across poorly. Wilson still has bragging rights, and he knew it. Care sounded like a man who'd rather have the conversation when England have those rights, so I'm sure he's praying that they get them at the weekend. If England do lose, I'd consider paying good money to hear Wilson back on the show next week.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:57 pm

miaow wrote:
yappysnap wrote:So he hasn't lost it?

Which colloquial speech would you prefer to describe the rise Wilson got out of Danny Care?

Sad that you'd rather jump on the most minor of things on this forum rather because they don't like the poster, yap, rather than just discuss rugby.  

You're not really discussing the rugby though are you? Just on the wind up

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:08 am

No, you'll see lots of rugby discussion from me on this and many other threads. WUMs in glass houses...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:13 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
miaow wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:

Neither shocked, nor appalled. Just surprised you think anyone "absolutely lost it" in that exchange. The background to this, is that Care had outlined on the show previously why Wilson had got up England player's noses. He recounted how Jamie George had been determined to get revenge with Saracens by beating Glasgow but had come off with a broken nose - caused by Wilson! (Wilson claimed on the new show that it had been "an accident"). Monye had also pointed out how the Scotland match had probably been instrumental in Jones' decision to drop his friend. None of this was subtext; it was all out in the open.

Personally, I thought it was a inspired move by the BBC to get Wilson on the show. Neither he nor Care are playing at the weekend, so it's not as if two boxers were taunting each other before a fight. I was prepared for Wilson to come across rather like a Mr Angry cartoon version of Mike Brown, but it quickly became apparent that he is more of a wind-up merchant, which was a lot more amusing for the rest of us.

I don't think either man came across poorly. Wilson still has bragging rights, and he knew it. Care sounded like a man who'd rather have the conversation when England have those rights, so I'm sure he's praying that they get them at the weekend. If England do lose, I'd consider paying good money to hear Wilson back on the show next week.

Sounded to me like he'd lost his cool, absolutely. He's not ranting and raving - hence saying he's not 'lost it, lost it' i.e. the red mist has come down - but he's forgotten that he's there in the capacity as pundit for a media broadcast. It's not boxing - you don't need people hyping it up in the media beforehand, partiularly when they're not even in the squad. Trying to win Wilson up about picking on Ford - Wilson makes light of it about not picking on the bigger players - and Care then has that jibe thrown back in his face. It all ends up in 'yeah, I'd have you though. yes i would. YES I WOULD!" which is embarrassing.

I get why he'd be angry. If he hasn't played for England since then it's also a possibility that that game might be the one that retires him - which would be extra frustrating, and perhaps explains why he did lose it, because nothing Wilson said on that podcast merited the reaction Care gave him. Clearly, Wilson's got under his skin, and perhaps a few other players' by the sounds of things.

All of which you've pointed out. I'm struggling to see the issue here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:22 am

On a less depressing/pointless note, Ryan Wilson sounds like the perfect mix between Joe Marler and Jim Hamilton. A future in podcasts surely awaits him in the not too distant future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 13 Mar 2019, 4:25 am

miaow wrote:I'm struggling to see the issue here?

Well, it was me struggling to see your issue which prompted me to write. To be honest, your "Wow. Danny Care has absolutely lost it. Embarrassing stuff" reminded me of those YouTube clips you see with overdramatic titles like "Watch Boris Johnson/Jeremy Corbyn/A.N. Other get OWNED on LIVE TV!!" which turn out to mundane exchanges. Now that you agree Care didn't actually lose it, the comparison seems even more apt.

I really enjoyed the segment with Wilson and Care without feeling the need to declare any kind of winner. Not everything in life has to be a zero sum game, with triumphant victor, and vanquished loser. Unless it's a draw, we'll get that binary disitnction in the match itself, which is enough for me.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Mar 2019, 5:17 am

Can't Nicola Sturgeon just write a note on behalf of Scotland excusing our team from Games?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 6:04 am

Care played after the Scotland game. A few times.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:09 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Care played after the Scotland game. A few times.
Unsurprisingly, he carried on being selected in the Six Nations, which ended up being losses to France and Ireland. After that, he was "rested" (dropped) for the South African tour. That's why Monye focused on the Scotland match. He did start against Japan but I don't think it's controversial to suggest that Jones started reassessing Care's role in the squad after last year's Six Nations.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:21 am

Oh absolutely. Just think it's important to fact check a little else we'll all believe that was his last or penultimate game as suggested. Since then Jones has been looking to bring through the other choices. Wigglesworth, Spencer and Robson all picking up games.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:37 am

Folks can we move on from the Care podcast debate? It's been done to death now and is only going to lead to more arguments.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:45 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Oh absolutely. Just think it's important to fact check a little else we'll all believe that was his last or penultimate game as suggested. Since then Jones  has been looking to bring through the other choices. Wigglesworth, Spencer and Robson all picking up games.
Arguably, Care only got a look back in during the Autumn because Robson was injured.

Scrum half selection has made the least sense to me. Some appear to believe that Jones now favours Wigglesworth as the man to start if Youngs gets injured, and is now trying to decide who should be an impact bench player, or if he needs to take a third scrum half at all.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 13 Mar 2019, 8:03 am

In other news Richie Vernon has just announced he is retiring at the end of the season. So, still time for a run around in a Scotland shirt this weekend!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:05 am

Surprised Scotland are not trying to get the game cancelled, they are going to be bashed up especially as the England players have not forgotten about last years disrespect they showed the Red Rose.

Welcome to the house of pain.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:14 am

Twickenham can be referred to by a lot of things.

House of Pain isn't one of them.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:16 am

House of Bladder Infections
House of Barbours
House of Public Schoolboys in Drag
House of Plain

Just a few

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:20 am

TightHEAD wrote:Surprised Scotland are not trying to get the game cancelled, they are going to be bashed up especially as the England players have not forgotten about last years disrespect they showed the Red Rose.

Welcome to the house of pain.

Assuming this is sarcasm and you're taking the piss out of the media?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:20 am

We will see.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:25 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
miaow wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:

The bit that had me in stitches was when Care mentioned the World Rugby awards and the booing from Wilson. I could just imagine Wilson doing that and not feeling bad about it one bit, chortling away whilst everyone around hime buried their heads in their hands with embarrassment.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:28 am

LondonTiger wrote:House of Bladder Infections
House of Barbours
House of Plain

Just a few
House of Pimms
House of Land Rovers
House of Received Pronounciation
House of Vanilla
House of Cucumber Sandwiches
House of Eddie Butler Whimsical Overstatement

Christ, I could do this all day.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:30 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:In other news Richie Vernon has just announced he is retiring at the end of the season. So, still time for a run around in a Scotland shirt this weekend!

I wasnt even aware he was still playing! Given our absolute lack of options at 8 and at centre, both positions that the Vernonator can play, surely he should be picked by Toonie to cover both positions in the starting line up! Sure it means we'll start with 14 men, but we need to give England a chance if Vernonator is playing!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:43 am

House of Standing Up and Sitting Down to let people through
House of Raa Raa
House of I'm Here On Business
House of Crushed Hopes and Dreams

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:55 am

George Carlin wrote:
House of Barbours
House of Plain

Just a few
House of Pimms
House of Land Rovers
House of Vanilla

House of beige chinos and Ralph Lauren shirts
House of Barbour jackets
House of lengthy bus queues
House of "Come on Englaaannnd" in thick Richmond accent
House of zero pink cowboy hats
House of respectful applause for the opposition

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:56 am

BamBam wrote:House of Standing Up and Sitting Down to let people through
House of Raa Raa
House of I'm Here On Business
House of Crushed Hopes and Dreams

Oh come on Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:01 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Forwards

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons).

Backs

Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Robson is out ill  so Spencer called up.

Pretty much as predicted then, with the exception of Spencer in for the ill Robson and the addition of Stooke in a 26, instead of the usual 25. Is Jones just trying to tie up Scotland's video analysis team to find out more about Stooke? I very much doubt he's going to play him.

Confirms there will be no return of Jonathan Joseph - Scotland's chief tormentor in 2017. And also possibly confirms all the hubbub about Smith or Cipriani was pretty meaningless. If Cipriani had been called up on Sunday and then returned to Gloucester on Tuesday, people would be moaning about it now - best get it out the way earlier in the week.

Cole for Williams settles the first of many selection decisions for Eddie. Is that Cole nailed on as second choice now? Or does Eddie like having a bit of stability off the bench the way Marler used to bring? Having Hartley and Cole as bench options for the World Cup knockout stages could deliver stability, leadership and experience at the close of games when it's needed.

Williams finishes the tournament with 38 minutes of rugby across 2 games. He hasn't looked bad, and if Sinckler was injured I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams leap into a starting berth. Similar to the current scrum half debate, Jones might have different ideas of what he wants from his starter and his finisher.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:50 am

bsando wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
House of Barbours
House of Plain

Just a few
House of Pimms
House of Land Rovers
House of Vanilla

House of beige chinos and Ralph Lauren shirts
House of Barbour jackets
House of lengthy bus queues
House of "Come on Englaaannnd" in thick Richmond accent
House of zero pink cowboy hats
House of respectful applause for the opposition

House of broken chariots
House of £7.50 for half a pint
House of Templar Knight fancy dress (why though?)
House of "Haskell's bants"
House of Care for fisticuffs Wilson?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:01 pm

robbo277 wrote:....

Cole for Williams settles the first of many selection decisions for Eddie. Is that Cole nailed on as second choice now? Or does Eddie like having a bit of stability off the bench the way Marler used to bring? Having Hartley and Cole as bench options for the World Cup knockout stages could deliver stability, leadership and experience at the close of games when it's needed.

For all his importance in EJ's earlier years I am not sure that we are missing Hartley at all, and I also wonder if he'll be fit enough anyway. Cole on the other hand is looking better as the understudy than he had for a while as no.1

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:04 pm

House of "On this spot in 2019, Hamish Watson did on three occasions run through and over the entire English team to score a hat-trick of tries while being enthusitically applauded for his efforts by Maro Itoje. Exhusted by his efforts, he was then subbed after 60 minutes and England went on to score 4 of thier own to win the match"

Ok it doesnt roll of the tounge, but at least its historically plauseable.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:25 pm

tigertattie wrote:House of "On this spot in 2019, Hamish Watson did on three occasions run through and over the entire English team to score a hat-trick of tries while being enthusitically applauded for his efforts by Maro Itoje. Exhusted by his efforts, he was then subbed after 60 minutes and England went on to score 4 of thier own to win the match"

Ok it doesnt roll of the tounge, but at least its historically plauseable.

You know what they say about history being written by the winners of the confrontation.

House of "On this spot in 2019, Hamish Watson did on three occasions run at little George Ford who ripped the ball off him to score a hat-trick of tries while being enthusiastically applauded for his efforts by Maro Itoje. Exhausted by his efforts, he was then subbed for Owen Farrell after 60 minutes and England went on to score 4 more to win the match convincingly"

Probably just as likely.

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:34 pm

Has Hamish Watson ever had a ball ripped from him? That I would be interested to know

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next