The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time

5 posters

Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time Empty Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time

Post by legendkillar Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

I did a list for the top ten villans, and now I have decided to do one for the top ten move hero's. I have based my top ten on courage and integrity of the character and morality. I know some lists will be different and I hope people can provide their's.

1. John McClane - For me the greatest movie hero of all time. Saved Christmas and also has one of the best movie catchphrases. Completely in-corruptable and what showed this more was in Die Hard With a Vengence when Zeus wanted to take a gold bar and John didn't seem interested in the slightest. Killed so many bad guys and also seemed to do it with a hangover or smoking a cigarette. Took everything in his stride.

2. Atticus Finch - By far the most heroic character on moral and priniciple seen in film. Defending a black man at times when racism was high in America. Never resorted to violence, but only reason. Who could forget his chat with Scout. Such a lovely and heart warming film that be watched again and again.

3. Frodo Baggins - The smallest hero not to wear shoes! This little Hobbit took it upon himself to try and restore peace once and for all in the world. Overcame insurmountable odds to finish his quest and even though when faced with the task of destroying the ring and had a crisis of morality, was able to do the right thing in the end and restore peace.

4. John Connor - This man was born a saviour. His mother holding him in high esteem ahead of Jesus and convinced he was the saviour to mankind's existence. He had to deal with his mum telling him what his future and fate was and that he never knew his dad and as time went on was able to emotionally hold himself together when others might have opted out. In Terminator Salvation should tremendous courage and bravery for the sake of mankind and was able to put others before his own personal survival.

5. Neo - A group called the resistance believed that one day a man, the one would help their quest in defeating the machines and Zion and help humankind to take back their world once and for all. His love for Trinity and how he was willing to test the boundaires of fate and still have humankind's fate in his hands without a sweat culminated in Matrix - The Revolutions where he made the ultimate sacrifice.

6. Eileen Ripley - The toughest woman in film by a long shot. She battled aliens and corrupt corporations and was able to still come out on top. Battled for survival and had to see so many friends die around her and was still able to find that survival instinct that said I won't quit. Her decisions were always based on the welfare of other people. 'Get away from her you b*tch' an Iconic film moment.

7. Obi Wan Kenobi - I place him above Luke Skywalker because I feel he had faced much more in the Star Wars saga. He had to watch his closest friend succomb to evil and destiny that would involve so much pain to others. Did all he could to ensure that peace in the galaxy was kept. Had to go against the Jedi code to keep Anakin within the Jedi and his family safe. Dedicated his life to looking over Luke and eventually training him to become the Jedi and person he was. A true hero.

8. Martin Riggs - A man that had lost his wife and will to live was eventually saved by Roger Murtaugh and his family that later became his family and salvation. As a cop he may have broken some of the rules, but always made sure he got the bad guys and always made sure his partner was safe. The best duo on film I have seen. Love their chemistry.

9. Woody the Cowboy - I thought I would go for a animated hero. Woody the Cowboy has been through the mill so to speak and was loyal and devoted to his owner Andy. Was driven by loyalty and even overcame his own fears of rejection when Buzz Lightyear showed up and always put the welfare of other toys before his own. A true pint-sized hero.

10. Clarice Starling - She showed bravery and forward thinking in her attempts to capture Hannibal Lector. A woman based on principal and truley served the law despite the sympathy and compassion Lector showed her in Hannibal. Wanted to uphold the law despite how rough it had treated her. Killed Buffalo Bill and faced her personal fears with her chats with Lector and was able to come out on top.

Who are you top 10 movie hero's?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time Empty Re: Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time

Post by CFCNick Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

Can only manage 5

1. John McLane- no super powers, just his fists and a gun.

1. James Bond(Daniel Craig) - same reason.

3. V - he's known as a terrorist but in the world he lives in he is the good kind of terrorist. He was a true believer in what he stood for and made the population realise time for uprising was now.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

4. Obi Wan - for reasons from OP.

5. Batman(Christian Bale) - Watches his parents gunned down by a mugger. Sees injustice and decides someone should do something, he just happens to be that someone, just a regular man, true bravery.

Special mention: Herman Boon - coaches the first inter-grated school in Virginia to State after bonding and removing the barrier of racism amongst the team and gets them to work as one.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time Empty Re: Your Top Ten Movie Hero's Of All Time

Post by noleisthebest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

1)Lara from Dr Zivagho (real life hero, not one of these boys's superman fantasies...)
2)Bess McNeill from Breaking the waves (because Love never fails 1 Cor 13:8)
3)Maurice from Secrets and Lies (because he tells the truth and there's no ball of lightning to hit him!)
4)Eric Liddell from Chairots of Fire (for honouring God before Mammon)
5)Robert de Niro....for being Robert de Niro....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

Like number 5 Nole Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleausardv2 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:46 pm

Po, the kung fu panda!
Zorro
Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger)
Hawkeye, Last of the Mohicans
Westley, (Princess Bride)
Obi Wan
Lisbeth Salander (Millenium trilogy)
Indiana Jones
Sherlock Holmes
Captain Jack Sparrow
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm

jack sparrow
Simba/mufasa
sherlock holmes
indiana jones
batman
obi wan
bond
ALAN-hangover
baloo-jungle book
timone and pumba- lion king

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down