The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time

+16
Dx Dan.
welshy824
TipToes88
AberdeenSteve
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Cari
President Trump
CaledonianCraig
AquaArab
ADMIN
hornbloweroafc
Pr4wn
CFCNick
Adam D
Crimey
legendkillar
20 posters

Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time Empty Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time

Post by legendkillar Thu 09 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

I wanted to see what peoples top ten movie villans of all time were. They can be for any reason. I shall be doing mine by who I thought was the most plain evil character ahead of performance

1. Freddy Krueger - This guy was born evil. To think he could kill you in your dreams and the fact he singled out innocent children made it more sadistic and cruel. He sought pleasure in killing children and even more pleasure by tormenting them before their doom. A plain evil son of *****!

2. Hannibal Lector - An evil individual based on his past which led him to lead the life he did. Once behind bars, not only did he have fans, but also the establishment that put him behind bars depended on his knowledge of the psychosis of a killer. Once he escaped back into the open world and wrecked havoc and his methods of killing individuals was not pleasant at all.

3. Darth Vader - As his story unfolded his evil was driven by fate, and then it became clear his hate was driven by loyalty and fear to the master he served. Still it did not stop him from injuring his son and destroying worlds and loved ones of his daughter. He felt that what he was doing was for the greater good which is even more scary.

4. The Joker - Aside from the acclaim that Heath Ledger got for his performance, the sociopathic Joker was someone that had no issues with killing himself or others to ensure he carried out his purpose. He was driven by pure chaos and projected no emotion to others. Very intelligent and cold and calculating. He enjoyed the thrill of turning situations on those who apposed him.

5. Gordon Gekko - I am coming from a different angle with this one. He was a villan that had no code of ethics and was driven by complete greed. He was willing to risk others fortunes to gain for himself and had no intention of sharing his gain or greed with anyone. Didn't want to pay for his crimes or sins.

6. John Doe - Very evil indeed. Had no sympathy for the indiviuals he killed. Had motives for what he done and the length he went to drive revenge from his victim to complete his masterpiece was epic.

7. Anton Chigurh - 100% evil. Cool and calculating and using new and intriguing methods to kill the individuals in his path. Has no reasoning or any sense of logic. Enjoys the hunt as much as the kill. Completely expressionless and shows no emotion. Every chance that if you came across him, you would die just for that.

8. Alex DeLarge - Malcolm McDowell has played some right evil villans in his time and for me this one stands out by and large. An appetite for destruction and chaos and was never scared to stretch the boundaries and was never scared to carry out his fantasies. Very quirky and very difficult see past the flair he displayed.

9. Norman Bates - Quiet man by day, killer and nutter by night. The fact that this man showed an internal struggle to break free of his evil, show no mery to his victims and used another vessel to carry out his crimes so he did not have to live with the guilt that the day would bring. Very compelling and very evil.

10. Jigsaw - Took killing people to a whole new level. Wasn't into going out and murdering society. Merley gave them the choice 'live or die' and showed no sympathy to those who died. Believed he was doing his games for the greater good. The most intelligent villan to have graced the screen in my opinion.

Hope you like this list.

Last edited by legendkillar on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time Empty Re: Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

1. The Joker- I think he'll be in most people's lists. I thought the Jack Nicholson performance of him was great, but Heath Ledger took it to a new level, and moved the character away from the slightly jokey persona he had before then.

2. Sid (Toy Story)- A bit of a dodgy one, but as a child there was nothing scarier than this guy. The manical laugh and his crazy dog, was actually a pretty terrifying villain for a five year old. I think it's that memory of how scared I was of him that still makes me think he's a good villain now.

3. Darth Vader- The suit, the force-choke, the evil voice Vader has it all really. I also like the way he's portrayed in Revenge of the Sith, the good to evil transformation was done very well I thought.

4. Gollum- Whether you can call him a villain or not I'm not sure, but I think he is one of the best parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, when you're not in the huge battle scenes and you come back to this strange creature. The way he makes the audience sympathise with him gives him another dimension as well.

5. Nurse Rachett- Just the contrast with her and Jack Nicholson's character is great.

I'm only gonna do five as I struggled to think of all those to be honest!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time Empty Re: Your Top Ten Movie Villains of All Time

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Also, I never thought Norman Bates was a good villain, I don't even think Pyscho is a good film. Even if you ignore the bad effects because of when it was made, the whole idea of him dressing as a woman and keeping the dead body of his mother was all just a bit ridiculous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Also, I never thought Norman Bates was a good villain, I don't even think Pyscho is a good film. Even if you ignore the bad effects because of when it was made, the whole idea of him dressing as a woman and keeping the dead body of his mother was all just a bit ridiculous.

The effects were excellent for their time - the bit where the police inspector falls down the stairs was excellent.

I would also point out that the film was partly based on the Ed Gein murders - he used to dress up as a woman (albeit literally in their skin). Psycho was a revolutionary film that deserves its status as a classic.

As for him being a villain - I think its a great shout - the normal, amiable man who turns out to be the killer.

For me, this thread is too hard - some are villains, others in the list are iconic boogeymen and not really villains.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

1. Darth Vader
2. Michael Myers
3. The Joker
4. Senator Palpatine
5. Leatherface

I've only done five. Everyone always includes Vader in these things but Palpatine was the man behind the Clone Wars and the Great Jedi Purge.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Hobo wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Also, I never thought Norman Bates was a good villain, I don't even think Pyscho is a good film. Even if you ignore the bad effects because of when it was made, the whole idea of him dressing as a woman and keeping the dead body of his mother was all just a bit ridiculous.

The effects were excellent for their time - the bit where the police inspector falls down the stairs was excellent.

I would also point out that the film was partly based on the Ed Gein murders - he used to dress up as a woman (albeit literally in their skin). Psycho was a revolutionary film that deserves its status as a classic.

As for him being a villain - I think its a great shout - the normal, amiable man who turns out to be the killer.

For me, this thread is too hard - some are villains, others in the list are iconic boogeymen and not really villains.

I understand that it was a good film when it was first released, but when I watched it I found it more laughable than anything else. It was quite hard to take seriously.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:1. The Joker- I think he'll be in most people's lists. I thought the Jack Nicholson performance of him was great, but Heath Ledger took it to a new level, and moved the character away from the slightly jokey persona he had before then.

2. Sid (Toy Story)- A bit of a dodgy one, but as a child there was nothing scarier than this guy. The manical laugh and his crazy dog, was actually a pretty terrifying villain for a five year old. I think it's that memory of how scared I was of him that still makes me think he's a good villain now.

3. Darth Vader- The suit, the force-choke, the evil voice Vader has it all really. I also like the way he's portrayed in Revenge of the Sith, the good to evil transformation was done very well I thought.

4. Gollum- Whether you can call him a villain or not I'm not sure, but I think he is one of the best parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, when you're not in the huge battle scenes and you come back to this strange creature. The way he makes the audience sympathise with him gives him another dimension as well.

5. Nurse Rachett- Just the contrast with her and Jack Nicholson's character is great.

I'm only gonna do five as I struggled to think of all those to be honest!

I thought Sid was a good shout actually. If you asked a 100 people I am sure he wouldn't have got a mention, so top marks for that one thumbsup

I would consider Gollum a villan. I think we all knew his intent and the lengths he would've gone too. Another good shout.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:11 pm

Gollum isnt a villain - he is a victim. The villain is the big glowing eye thing and Christopher Lee.

I will have a think and give you some proper villains!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

I did say I wasn't sure, but thinking about it more, he is a villian, a complicated villain, but still a villain. He tries to kill Frodo a few times, I'm pretty sure that makes him a villain.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

I think Gollum was a villan. Take Darth Vader, he could be classed as a victim. I think Gollum is a villan because his intentions are evil. Smeagle was the victim as Anakin Skywalker was.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

Miss Truchbull from Matilda was a great villain.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:24 am

Hannibal Lector as got to be one of the top ten villians!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:31 am

Ones that haven't been mentioned yet:

Annie Wilkes from Misery
Arnie's original Terminator
Jack Torrance in the Shining
Hans Gruber in Diehard
The bloke who shot Bambi's mum

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

In no order here are my ten.

1.Ed Gein. Not the most famous villian but one of the scariest. Several films have been made about him and Norman Bates, Leatherface and Buffalo Bill were all based on him and the worst thing was he was real.

2.Blair Witch. Never seen in the film but her influence is there through out, stalking her victims, torturing them psychologically before finally killing them.

3.Jason Voorhees. He just loves to kill annoying teens, can't blame him, but not only that in Jason X he wiped out an entire space station, he must have one of the highest kill counts for any villian. He also defeated freddy, oh and he is cool.

4.Darth Vader for reasons already stated by other people.

5.Ming the Merciless. In the 1980 film he attacks earth because he is bored, has his own daughter tortured and worst of all wants Flash dead because he refuses to join Ming when Ming offers to let him rule over earth.

6.Bruce (the shark from Jaws) He's a killer shark who enjoys eating people be them teens, children or adults he doesn't care. About as cold blooded a killer as you will ever find in a movie. And he made an entire generation scared to go swimming in the sea.

7.Dracula. He kills people so he can live; and he is a vampire.

8.Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men) A modern day Terminator who will stop at nothing to get the job done. A psychopathic killer who has no remorse or compassion for other human beings. He kills police officers, fellow hitmen, the main character, his wife and decides peoples fate with the toss of a coin.

9. The Terminator. Possibly Arnies best character, in a part where he doesn't really have to act he plays the chracter perfectly. An unstopable killing machine that will kill anybody that gets in his way, and some people just because he can.

10.The Hitcher. One of Rutger Hauer's finest films spends the film terrorizing young Jim Halsey for no reason other than he stopped to pick him up. Kills people for fun and rips a girl in half using a truck just for the hell of it. About as evil as they come.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:20 am

Hey what about the child-catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

AquaArab wrote:

6.Bruce (the shark from Jaws) He's a killer shark who enjoys eating people be them teens, children or adults he doesn't care. About as cold blooded a killer as you will ever find in a movie. And he made an entire generation scared to go swimming in the sea.

Quiz trivia question - why is he named Bruce?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

It was named after Spielbergs Lawyer. The shark was also called the great White turd as it broke down so offten.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

AquaArab wrote:It was named after Spielbergs Lawyer. The shark was also called the great White turd as it broke down so offten.
clap
Correctumundo

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

Ming the Merciless. Quality, shout, quality

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

1.Ed Gein. Not the most famous villian but one of the scariest. Several films have been made about him and Norman Bates, Leatherface and Buffalo Bill were all based on him and the worst thing was he was real.

Ed Gein wasn't a movie film though so I wouldnt have had him in my list (he wasn't even the worst serial killer either)

Gollum isnt a villain - he is a victim. The villain is the big glowing eye thing and Christopher Lee.

Id have to agree with Hobo, Gollum was more of a victim of the rings power and his own greed than anything

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

But as LK pointed out, you could claim that Darth Vader was just a victim of the dark side of the force and his love for Padme and trying to save her. It's a fine line, but I still think while he's in the Gollum persona, rather than Smegul he's a villain.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

"Ed Gein wasn't a movie film though so I wouldnt have had him in my list (he wasn't even the worst serial killer either)"

There have been several films made about Ed Gein one of the more famous ones starred Kane Hodder (who played Jason Voorhees) as Ed Gein. And he may have not been the worst but as so many classic movie villians were based on him I thought it only fair to include the man himself.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

Barbara Worth in "The Wicked Lady". She was just a complete b*tch - but like all good b*tchy women she was beautiful and smart :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038250/

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

AquaArab wrote:"Ed Gein wasn't a movie film though so I wouldnt have had him in my list (he wasn't even the worst serial killer either)"

There have been several films made about Ed Gein one of the more famous ones starred Kane Hodder (who played Jason Voorhees) as Ed Gein. And he may have not been the worst but as so many classic movie villians were based on him I thought it only fair to include the man himself.

But thats like saying there are a few films made about Hitler so he should be included but its your opinion and I respect that

But as LK pointed out, you could claim that Darth Vader was just a victim of the dark side of the force and his love for Padme and trying to save her. It's a fine line, but I still think while he's in the Gollum persona, rather than Smegul he's a villain.

But who would claim such a thing, Darth Vader was the villian at the centre of the original 3, I know he kinda pussied out in RotJ and killed the Emperor but he will always remain so, Gollum on the other hand would not be seen in such a bracket as there were 2 greater villians in the films

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

He does try and kill Frodo, the main hero, at least three times, surely that makes him a strong villain?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:
AquaArab wrote:"Ed Gein wasn't a movie film though so I wouldnt have had him in my list (he wasn't even the worst serial killer either)"

But thats like saying there are a few films made about Hitler so he should be included but its your opinion and I respect that

But who would claim such a thing, Darth Vader was the villian at the centre of the original 3, I know he kinda pussied out in RotJ and killed the Emperor but he will always remain so, Gollum on the other hand would not be seen in such a bracket as there were 2 greater villians in the films

Darth Vader was a villan, but was also a victim on the basis that he didn't fully embrace the evil as ROTJ showed. Gollum was a villan because he was willing to kill not just Frodo, but Sam as well. There was other villans in the film, but if you take into account how he went about making sure he got the ring back was evil.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

Gollum tried to do evil acts such as kill Frodo and Sam but was he not showing the same traits of a Junkie who needs his/her fix, what about when Denethor II Steward of Gondor tried to kill his son Faramir TWICE in the film, does that make him a villian also??

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

Yeah, I would class Denethor as sort of a villain. He's certainly not a good guy.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

I think maybe it's because you've read the books Dicey, and Gollum is portrayed differently than he is in the films.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:55 pm

1) Adolf Hitler
2) Pol Pot
3) Heinrich Himmler
4) Joseph Goebbels
5) George W Bush

etc.

They've been in loads of films

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:57 pm

Maybe your right Crimey, hell its Friday and its too late in the week to be having such nerdy debates anyway back to the topic:

Gollum
Darth Vader
Whistle

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

Can someone who ultimately redeems himself be a villain? Both Darth and Gollum redeem themselves at the end of their respective sagas.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

In the film Gollum doesnt really redeem himself, yes he destroys the ring but it was more by accident than anything else

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

Yeah, Gollum kills himself in his desperation to get the ring, after biting off Hobo's finger...

Also Darth Vader was a villain in two films before redeeming himself, so you could just ignore the last film and still say he is a top movie villain.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

The pink bear in Toy Story 3, he is just pure evil Cry

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

Heres a question, with Frodos reluctancy to destroy the ring does that make him a villian??

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 10 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

No, because it only happens at the very, very end. If he hadn't destroyed the ring and left Mount Doom, then maybe you could say he becomes a villain, but that's a big 'what if'.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

I shall take a different look on the villan debate regarding Darth Vader/Gollum. Their alter ego's Anakin Skywalker and Smeagle wanted power. Once they both had the power they craved they realised it was destructive, but yet neither wanted to give it up. My point with them being villans was that they would've done anything to keep the power they had. Both were driven by greed and Gollum utlimately died with his evil and Vader didn't.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

Any thoughts on Patrick Bateman from Americian Pyscho? I think he's a brillaint bad guy. Also Dick Van Dyke in night at the museum. Was good to see him doing something a bit different...the same way

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

Electric Demon wrote:1) Adolf Hitler
2) Pol Pot
3) Heinrich Himmler
4) Joseph Goebbels
5) George W Bush

etc.

They've been in loads of films
also I agree with this except big W. Maybe only because the only film I remember seeing him in is Harold and Kumar laughing

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

darth vader
SCAR-lion king
the joker

my top 3

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

1. The Joker
2. Jigsaw
3. Caster Troy (Character played by Nicholas Cage in Face/Off)
4. Voldermort
5. Pink Bear in Toy Story 3.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thickfreakness Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Caster Troy is a great shout

Thickfreakness

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

keyser soza!!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

compelling and rich wrote:keyser soza!!!!
Good shout.

Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper) in Blue Velvet comes to mind.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Hopper's character (the bomber) in Speed is a pretty good villain too.

Magneto
Dracula (from Van Helsing).
Dorian Gray (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down