The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

+26
Pot Hale
funnyExiledScot
Mad for Chelsea
Kingshu
The Great Aukster
clivemcl
mikey_dragon
Maine man
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Tramptastic
Verncottersgrin
EST
Lagon
RugbyFan100
LondonTiger
RDW
Hazel Sapling
bico
tigertattie
carpet baboon
BigGee
George Carlin
jimbopip
Pete330v2
Don Alfonso
Eejit
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 3 Empty The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by Eejit Sun 05 May 2019, 1:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

But they were chanting Boo-urns! Whistle

While the game is still two weeks away, there’s a nice rivalry between these two sides (partially because our supposed rival Edinburgh are complete pish. It’s like arguing there’s a rivalry between Leeds United and Guiseley) so a good opportunity to get in some light-hearted abuse discussion.

Fine print: in the unlikely event that Glasgow don’t sweep Ulster aside and fail to go onto their coronation as two time champions in that dump in the East end, I do hope you pump Leinster or Munster in the final.

No problem though, Glasgow by 27 again for the second time in a month. Niko to do his best Tom Daley impression again and bravely win the penalty that leads to the first try.

Why: Pro14 Semi-final 1
Where: Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
When: Friday 17th May, 19:35 KO

Eejit

Back to top Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 3 Empty Re: The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by EST Thu 16 May 2019, 4:07 pm

Verncottersgrin wrote:
EST wrote:

Two very evenly matched teams. I would say that in Coetzee, Henderson and Best the Ulster team has players with really big game experience that perhaps the Warriors are lacking. Still, home advantage is huge - Glasgow to sneak it in a closely fought encounter.

Glasgow lack big game experience?

8 players with (winning) Pro12 final experience
17 full internationals
2 British and Irish Lions

I think those three players I mentioned have a lot of experience of playing in and winning some really big matches (all three have beaten NZ for example, on top of the Irish GS's) that I don' think the Glasgow squad can quite replicate.

I also always find it slightly disingenuous when people note how many international players Glasgow have in their squad - it's because we only have two teams and one of them has been useless for the best part of a decade.

That being said, I do think the Glasgow team is probably stronger overall, but not by much.

EST

Back to top Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 3 Empty Re: The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by bico Thu 16 May 2019, 4:18 pm

it's because we only have two teams and one of them has been useless for the best part of a decade.
And the results of the 1872 cup indicates which is which.

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 16 May 2019, 4:48 pm

bico wrote: it's because we only have two teams and one of them has been useless for the best part of a decade.

Well said bico

Boooooo to Glasgow and their inability to beat Edinburgh
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 May 2019, 4:53 pm

tigertattie wrote:
bico wrote: it's because we only have two teams and one of them has been useless for the best part of a decade.

Well said bico

Boooooo to Glasgow and their inability to beat Edinburgh

Just remind me who won the last game and which side got man shamed?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 16 May 2019, 5:26 pm

Luvvies, your season is long over. With the exception of Tigertattie who is two Glasgow wins away from stretching a skin tight macron Glasgow shirt over his aging, doughy physique you all should be preparing for Wimbledon.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Thu 16 May 2019, 5:29 pm

Also talking of big matches members of which Scottish side scored 4 of the tries recently at Twickers?

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 16 May 2019, 5:52 pm

Ah, back in March when it took a former Glasgow coach to get the best out of that rubbish in the east. Back in March when Edinburgh still had hope. Now it’s all so far away - Just like your dreams.

Luvvies always luvvies.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 16 May 2019, 6:28 pm

Excuse me your support to arguing with us Ulster supporters not each other.

Sort it out

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 17 May 2019, 11:04 am

Mr Baboon,

Really? Really?

I hope this isn't an accurate representation of the average Ulster fan? picard

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 11:10 am

Sorry Jimbo had to remove the link - we can't have other forums advertised on here.

For those that missed it it was a link to an Ulster supporters forum saying some incredibly non-complimentary things about Glasgow players, the stadium and the fans! If people had said that on here bans would have been handed out!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 11:15 am

Lets be honest, both sets of fans have their bampots

Some of the stuff on the Glasgow Warriors forum makes pretty grim reading as well to be honest. A good place to visit if you are a fan of a conspiracy theory or two!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 17 May 2019, 11:17 am

My favourite place to witness hope dying is the Edinburgh facebook page. Truely a place where "alternative facts" reigns supreme

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 11:20 am

The Scottish Rugby Facebook group is grim too - you can't say anything slightly negative about the team or a player without everyone going mental and saying you're not a 'true fan' and you should be getting behind the team no matter what...

This is by far the best place to discuss rugby! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 17 May 2019, 11:23 am

This is my favourite place to pick up references to obscure Scottish literature.

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Fri 17 May 2019, 11:51 am

This is my favourite place to pick up references to obscure Scottish literature.
The Tay, the Tay, the silvery Tay-goes up to fife and back twice a day.

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 17 May 2019, 11:53 am

bico wrote:This is my favourite place to pick up references to obscure Scottish literature.

Are you related to Jimbo? I only ask because you've provided scottish literature AND you quote function has failed

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 11:57 am

Tramptastic wrote:
bico wrote:This is my favourite place to pick up references to obscure Scottish literature.

Are you related to Jimbo? I only ask because you've provided scottish literature AND you quote function has failed

Laugh Laugh Laugh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 11:58 am

Tramptastic wrote:

lol laughing it's funny coz it's true!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 17 May 2019, 12:00 pm

jimbopip wrote:Mr Baboon,

Really? Really?

I hope this isn't an accurate representation of the average Ulster fan? picard

Didn't see the link before it went but I can guess which forum it was.

And I can guarantee that they are (luckily) a small small part of the Ulster fans.
The majority of us enjoy the game and a good laugh with the opposition fans, even the conspiracy filled welsh ones

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 17 May 2019, 12:10 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

McGonnagle was literary in the same way that Pol Pot was a humanitarian. Similarly, his representations of Scotland are authentic in the same way 50 Shades gives an accurate representation of 21st century domestic life.

p.s. Ulster are guff and the only thing Rory Best can look forward to is ending his career in a cauldron of jubilant Glaswegians serenading him with, We are Warriors WE ARE WARRIORS.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 12:15 pm

We Edinburgh fans also like a good laugh with the opposition fans. Hell, we've been that bad in some games we'll even resign ourselves to defeat so all that’s left is to have a laugh and banter with the opposition fans

Unless those fans are Glasgow fans. We don’t mix with those types. Giro collecting, buckfast drinking, sweary mouthed, soap avoiding, tramless, castleless, classless, football loving Neanderthals. And that’s just the women!

But, even we Edinburgh fans find ourselves cheering on Glasgow when they are playing someone else. Glasgow fans, for many of the reasons listed above, don’t cheer on Edinburgh in the same way though.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 17 May 2019, 12:33 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

McGonnagle was literary in the same way that Pol Pot was a humanitarian. Similarly, his representations of Scotland are authentic in the same way 50 Shades gives an accurate representation of 21st century domestic life.

p.s. Ulster are guff and the only thing Rory Best can look forward to is ending his career in a cauldron of jubilant Glaswegians serenading him with, We are Warriors WE ARE WARRIORS.

Even then I use the term "scottish literature" loosely - his "poems" may have been about scotland but the rogue was born Irish!

However he was also a weaver and worked a loom with some skill apparently.

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 12:37 pm

Reading this forum, you would never imagine that there is a fairly important rugby match coming up this evening, would you?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 17 May 2019, 12:51 pm

Ah yes rugby, that reminds me, we haven't heard much from Eejit about his Cowboy Dave rants for a while. Has Glasgow managing to (finally) find a way to beat Edinburgh scuppered your Wild West metaphor??

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 17 May 2019, 12:52 pm

BigGee wrote:Reading this forum, you would never imagine that there is a fairly important rugby match coming up this evening, would you?

Glasgow are playing, it canni be too important Cool

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 17 May 2019, 12:55 pm

Well lads, I laid down the law to MrsPip and booked the living room for the 7-10pm slot this evening. Very Happy The fridge is stoke with beer and Donnacha O'Callaghan's cousin (better known as Wee John next door) is due in.
Young Pipetto's contribution was to remind us that the fair Esmerelda is gracing us with her presence ce soir. (He is now officially "loved up") I asked how she was getting home and he replied that her dad was collecting her. Fine, thought I, just as long as he doesn't want to come in and talk. He's never played or watched rugby Headscratch

Then, as he was leaving this morning Pipetto casually mentions Esmeralda's parents can't pick her up. Seems they're out at the boxing. Shocked Why can't they box at home like civilized married couples do? Was my question.

It's going to be a lively evening Chez Pip. Herself will claim she has been looking forward to a long relaxing bath and having gone to the trouble of milking all those asses she's damn well having her bath. Princess Fiona will claim that baby Ragnar can't be left unattended. Feckless rogue will just look feckless.

furious furious furious furious furious

p.s. Horne-Horne and Jones will score five tries between them in the last fifteen minutes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 1:07 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Ah yes rugby, that reminds me, we haven't heard much from Eejit about his Cowboy Dave rants for a while. Has Glasgow managing to (finally) find a way to beat Edinburgh scuppered your Wild West metaphor??

Woah there cowpoke. I don’t have rants, I have valued lectures.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 2:16 pm

Eejit wrote:
TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Ah yes rugby, that reminds me, we haven't heard much from Eejit about his Cowboy Dave rants for a while. Has Glasgow managing to (finally) find a way to beat Edinburgh scuppered your Wild West metaphor??

Woah there cowpoke. I don’t have rants, I have valued lectures.

Some ray rants, some say ramblings, some say mutterings of nonsense, some say slaverin drivvel.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 17 May 2019, 5:15 pm

Late change to Ulster. Robert Baloucoune out injured. Stockdale to the wing.
Lowery to 15

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 5:36 pm

Shame for Baloucoune, he's looked good this season. What's Lowry like?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 17 May 2019, 5:43 pm

Eejit wrote:Shame for Baloucoune, he's looked good this season. What's Lowry like?

On the small side but very quick feet and good hands. He's a 10 who doesn't look out of place at 15.
Leicester tried dropping loads of high balls on him as it was his first ever start at 15 (and first senior start) he dropped the first one then took everything they threw at him and was stopped just short after a brilliant 50 yard break.

And yes Baloucoune gas got better every game he's played, shame he's out

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 6:50 pm

I’m not nefarious enough to ask for a link anywhere that shows tonight’s game.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 6:52 pm

Get your tenner out!

You'll have had your tea!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 17 May 2019, 7:10 pm

Something something warriors. Come on then weeg, show us how cowboy Dave’s outlaws do it!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 7:17 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Something something warriors. Come on then weeg, show us how cowboy Dave’s outlaws do it!

Cowboy Sheriff Dave is currently on the right side of the law, but he could easily relapse into banditry depending on the next few hours!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 7:38 pm

Glasgow are the only team that would engineer a play like that from receiving a kick off!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 7:39 pm

What a start!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 7:39 pm

That settles the nerves!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 7:40 pm

What a kick

7-0 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 7:43 pm

Hastings really taking the ball to the line.

Relentless!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 7:46 pm

BigGee wrote:Get your tenner out!

You'll have had your tea!

Can’t. I’m still saving up for my warriors top
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Fri 17 May 2019, 7:46 pm

100mph stuff! Glasgow have hit the ground running. Can't understand why ulster went long with their first line out

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 7:54 pm

Ali Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 17 May 2019, 7:55 pm

Quality try Aldi, lovely play

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 17 May 2019, 7:56 pm

Glasgow certainly have the beating of certain teams in the league. Cardiff is one of them. Ulster is another...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 7:56 pm

Another fantastic kick from Hastings

14-0 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 17 May 2019, 7:57 pm

Ulster just not at the races tonight. Hard to watch right now.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 8:00 pm

Lots of power from Ulster - warning to Glasgow if they let them into the 22.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 8:01 pm

Ulster lineout living up to expectations!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 8:06 pm

Glasgow look like they have got the set piece, scrum penalty right in front og posts

17-0 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next