The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

+26
Pot Hale
funnyExiledScot
Mad for Chelsea
Kingshu
The Great Aukster
clivemcl
mikey_dragon
Maine man
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Tramptastic
Verncottersgrin
EST
Lagon
RugbyFan100
LondonTiger
RDW
Hazel Sapling
bico
tigertattie
carpet baboon
BigGee
George Carlin
jimbopip
Pete330v2
Don Alfonso
Eejit
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 5 Empty The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by Eejit Sun 05 May 2019, 1:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

But they were chanting Boo-urns! Whistle

While the game is still two weeks away, there’s a nice rivalry between these two sides (partially because our supposed rival Edinburgh are complete pish. It’s like arguing there’s a rivalry between Leeds United and Guiseley) so a good opportunity to get in some light-hearted abuse discussion.

Fine print: in the unlikely event that Glasgow don’t sweep Ulster aside and fail to go onto their coronation as two time champions in that dump in the East end, I do hope you pump Leinster or Munster in the final.

No problem though, Glasgow by 27 again for the second time in a month. Niko to do his best Tom Daley impression again and bravely win the penalty that leads to the first try.

Why: Pro14 Semi-final 1
Where: Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
When: Friday 17th May, 19:35 KO

Eejit

Back to top Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 5 Empty Re: The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 9:18 pm

Lowry gets one in the corner to gain a small consolation, that should be it

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May - Page 5 Empty Re: The mighty Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster boo-boys, Friday 17th May

Post by Lagon Fri 17 May 2019, 9:20 pm

Well done Glasgow. Fully deserved, to state the obvious. Men against boys, literally.
Will console myself with a hot cup of horlicks.

Lagon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 May 2019, 9:22 pm

clap Glasgow!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 9:28 pm

Might go chat to the wife for an hour or so then watch it again.

We’re going to the final guinness

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 17 May 2019, 9:35 pm

George Horne is special

Hastings continues to grow. Could Scotland soon be in a position where we’re struggling to decide which 10 to leave out. 5 years ago we were struggling to decide which 10 we had to put up with.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 May 2019, 9:37 pm

That was as good as I have seen Glasgow in a long long time

Bad luck Ulster, you just came up against a team on fire, a bit like we did against Sarries in the euro quarters

We just never let you get in the game

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 17 May 2019, 9:37 pm

I’m rapt. Are you rapt? Sheriff Dave will certainly be rapt. Everyone is rapt.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagon Fri 17 May 2019, 9:41 pm

You didn't and that's the mark of a great team. Your game against Leinster will be fasinating.
Hard to call.
Ulster have come a long way since so much troubles. We will improve.

Lagon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 17 May 2019, 9:42 pm

Well done to Glasgow - thoroughly deserved win.
It was a great experience for the young Ulster players to play against such a smart team, but this game was undoubtedly a mismatch. Henderson and Best might be the only two from Ulster to go to Japan, so expect a big step up next weekend.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 17 May 2019, 9:42 pm

Eejit wrote:I’m rapt. Are you rapt? Sheriff Dave will certainly be rapt. Everyone is rapt.

Once a cowboy always a cowboy. Congrats Glasgow that was a proper performance

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagon Fri 17 May 2019, 10:02 pm

Not sure I agree with that, Aukster. You're missing two names.

Lagon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 17 May 2019, 10:08 pm

Well done to Glasgow, hard to see past the winning the league.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagon Fri 17 May 2019, 10:11 pm

Tough call.

Lagon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Sat 18 May 2019, 2:05 am

Year one of 3 year rebuild has gone well for Ulster, just showed the improvement needed for year 2. Glasgow winning will result in a big crowd for final so good for the league. Good to see Glasgow back on top and hopefully they can do better in the HCup next year and show Europe rather than just the pro 14 how good a team you are.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 18 May 2019, 9:11 am

Lagon wrote: Not sure I agree with that, Aukster. You're missing two names.

Fair enough and not taking Stockdale would be a massive call, but if Jacob doesn't recover form in the warm-ups his place isn't guaranteed. Hard to see how either Addison or Murphy will squeeze their way into a crowded squad. Joe hasn't trusted Cooney thus far and last night won't have changed that opinion. Coetzee has been mooted but South Africa aren't exactly short of backrows, so that would be a very long shot.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 9:35 am

In that case Ulster could have some side nice and fresh post World Cup!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 9:41 am

Ulster have had a good season and should be improved again next year. I would be cautiously optimistic if I was an Ulster fan, plenty to like about what is going on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 18 May 2019, 9:46 am

Some performance from Glasgow that. Well worth getting up at the silly hour of 2:30 am for (China).

All the starting XV played really well, and there was great impact from Keeble and both Hornes in particular. The likes of Cummings, Fagerson and Steyn doing their WC prospects no harm with their efforts certainly, and must be inching up the pecking order.

Injuries willing, expect DR to very much stick with the same team for next week. Only changes he might consider are switching Keeble and Bhatti, and bringing Nuke onto the bench instead of Mr Darcy.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 9:51 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Some performance from Glasgow that. Well worth getting up at the silly hour of 2:30 am for (China).

All the starting XV played really well, and there was great impact from Keeble and both Hornes in particular. The likes of Cummings, Fagerson and Steyn doing their WC prospects no harm with their efforts certainly, and must be inching up the pecking order.

Injuries willing, expect DR to very much stick with the same team for next week. Only changes he might consider are switching Keeble and Bhatti, and bringing Nuke onto the bench instead of Mr Darcy.

I would agree with that, not many changes needed to that team!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 18 May 2019, 10:01 am

Having said that, a XV of players not in the squad last night could look like:
Allan Turner Nuke
MacDonald Swinson
Fusaro Smith Ashe
Frisby Thomson
McDowall Grigg
Mata Jackson L. Jones
Admittedly, some of these guys are injured, but that's a pretty decent line-up...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 18 May 2019, 10:59 am

Glasgow, that was awesome. So sharp in every aspect of play, and very difficult to single out any individuals such was the nature of the performance.

From a Scotland perspective it was particularly pleasing to see Tommy Seymour back to his razor sharp best, and young Hastings was immense.

Starting to feel sorry for Toonie. Horrendous job picking 31 players to go to the World Cup.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 11:10 am

Toony should just pick 29 Glasgow players plus Maitland and the Northampton lad and give big brother time off to learn their next dance routine.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 11:26 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Glasgow, that was awesome. So sharp in every aspect of play, and very difficult to single out any individuals such was the nature of the performance.

From a Scotland perspective it was particularly pleasing to see Tommy Seymour back to his razor sharp best, and young Hastings was immense.

Starting to feel sorry for Toonie. Horrendous job picking 31 players to go to the World Cup.

clap clap clap Thank You Fes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 11:26 am

Eejit wrote:Toony should just pick 29 Glasgow players plus Maitland and the Northampton lad and give big brother time off to learn their next dance routine.

Eejit, humble and gracious in victory as ever.
Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 11:29 am

I'm going to the final Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo With Young Pipetto, Bru and the Hagia Sophia. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

I don't care who wins today. If Glasgow turn up they will be hard to beat no matter who the opposition is.

So, who else is going then?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 11:40 am

Just bought my tickets as well

A weekend in Glasgow, taking in a little trip to Celtic Park, what's not to like!

This will be the holy trinity for me, having been to Ibrox and Hampden previously and none of them to see a football game!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 11:42 am

Gee warning Gee.

If you haven't been to Firhill you haven't lived. warning

Apart from being a Thistle season ticket holder as a lad I also watched the Warriors there. I was there when Richie Vernon scored a great no8's try of the back of a scrum and Dan Parks dismantled the Luvvies. Gavin Hastings was sitting a few rows along from me with his very young family. Laugh Laugh

Last edited by jimbopip on Sat 18 May 2019, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 11:44 am

jimbopip wrote:
Eejit wrote:Toony should just pick 29 Glasgow players plus Maitland and the Northampton lad and give big brother time off to learn their next dance routine.

Eejit, humble and gracious in victory as ever.
Hug

I aim to please.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 11:46 am

jimbopip wrote:Gee warning Gee.

Apart from being a Thistle season ticket holder as a lad I also watched the Warriors there.

The Star and Garter outside Firhill might just be the worst pub I’ve ever been to. The toilet was under about two inches of rancid piss and the pints tasted like someone had ladled some of it into a pint glass!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 11:57 am

That is going to be a bit of a hard sell to the wife then!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 18 May 2019, 12:04 pm

Looks like it's Glasgow's year again - can't see Leinster or Munster getting past them in that form.

Superb match by a superb team from 1-23. Hastings is a revelation at 10 - puts Cranberry and Sexton in the shade.

Shall enjoy watching them romp to victory in Celtic Park next weekend.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 12:25 pm

Eejit wrote:

Apart from being a Thistle season ticket holder as a lad I also watched the Warriors there.

The Star and Garter outside Firhill might just be the worst pub I’ve ever been to. The toilet was under about two inches of rancid piss and the pints tasted like someone had ladled some of it into a pint glass!

You obviously never drank in the Burns Howff in the city centre. Shocked You wouldn't believe me if I started on that place. Legend has it that Frankie Miller's classic "Drunken Nights In The City" was written after a session there. I once met him there so it probably has a basis of some truth.

It was a real Heavy Metal boys pub One night my mates came down to the bar chuckling, they had gone upstairs to check out the live band, "They had synthesizers! Feccin nerve of them!Called themselves Jonny And The Self Abusers. We bottled them aff the stage." Turned out Simple Minds were just finishing their New Gold Dream album and wanted to try it out live incognito.

Star And Garter...luxury lad luxury.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 18 May 2019, 12:54 pm

Rory Best Retired from club rugby . A class act Yahoo

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 1:08 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Eejit wrote:

You obviously never drank in the Burns Howff in the city centre. Shocked You wouldn't believe me if I started on that place. Legend has it that Frankie Miller's classic "Drunken Nights In The City" was written after a session there. I once met him there so it probably has a basis of some truth.

It was a real Heavy Metal boys pub One night my mates came down to the bar chuckling, they had gone upstairs to check out the live band, "They had synthesizers! Feccin nerve of them!Called themselves Jonny And The Self Abusers. We bottled them aff the stage." Turned out Simple Minds were just finishing their New Gold Dream album and wanted to try it out live incognito.

If you ever compiled some of these stories into a book I’d happily pay 3.99 for the kindle version.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 18 May 2019, 1:11 pm

Kingshu wrote:Year one of 3 year rebuild has gone well for Ulster, just showed the improvement needed for year 2. Glasgow winning will result in a big crowd for final so good for the league. Good to see Glasgow back on top and hopefully they can do better in the HCup next year and show Europe rather than just the pro 14 how good a team you are.

Its been a very good season for ulster considering the rebuilding job McFarland has done.

Munster won't beat Glasgow and I'd fancy them against Leinster too.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 1:53 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Eejit wrote:

My first trip to Ibrox was to see Simple Minds, about 1986 I think

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 18 May 2019, 2:55 pm

Wow what a score long. Haven’t seen the game yet well done Glasgow

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 18 May 2019, 5:38 pm

Anyone have a link to the highlights.

Am honestly considering flying back for the final.

It will be the Ladyboys. Okay, then.

A word about Wolverine/Rory Best - what a gentleman and what a servant to the game. Contributed so much to the success of the Irish pack. O'Driscoll got the spotlight, but Best was a player's player. Fabulous man.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 May 2019, 5:45 pm

Glasgow v Leinster - hell of a final!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 18 May 2019, 6:13 pm

George Carlin wrote:Anyone have a link to the highlights.

A word about Wolverine/Rory Best - what a gentleman and what a servant to the game. Contributed so much to the success of the Irish pack. O'Driscoll got the spotlight, but Best was a player's player. Fabulous man.

GC if you fly back for the final (IF?? can there be any doubt?) PM me and we'll arrange a get together. Mind you I shall probably be sober Sad ( Speaking of which I am halfway through Compton MacKenzie's Whisky Galore, how have I managed not to read this before now? It's wonderful.)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 18 May 2019, 6:47 pm

jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Anyone have a link to the highlights.

GC if you fly back for the final (IF?? can there be any doubt?) PM me and we'll arrange a get together. Mind you I shall probably be sober Sad ( Speaking of which I am halfway through Compton MacKenzie's Whisky Galore, how have I managed not to read this before now? It's wonderful.)

nope

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 18 May 2019, 9:22 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Looks like it's Glasgow's year again - can't see Leinster or Munster getting past them in that form.

Superb match by a superb team from 1-23.  Hastings is a revelation at 10 - puts Cranberry and Sexton in the shade.

I wish it was a Lions year now. Good to hear,

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 May 2019, 10:10 pm

Some ill advised comments from Leo Cullen saying all Glasgow players are Rangers fans so everyone should support them instead at Celtic park.

If there's one thing you don't want to get caught up in its Glasgow sectarianism!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 May 2019, 10:23 pm

RDW wrote:Some ill advised comments from Leo Cullen saying all Glasgow players are Rangers fans so everyone should support them instead at Celtic park.

If there's one thing you don't want to get caught up in its Glasgow sectarianism!

That was pretty foolish of Cullen and he has been getting a right pasting on social media from commentators who understand that in Glasgow sectarianism is not a joke!

Hopefully nothing will come of it and someone will have a quiet word with him and tell him to button it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 18 May 2019, 11:20 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Looks like it's Glasgow's year again - can't see Leinster or Munster getting past them in that form.

Superb match by a superb team from 1-23.  Hastings is a revelation at 10 - puts Cranberry and Sexton in the shade.

I wish it was a Lions year now. Good to hear,

Why? They wouldn’t get picked and we’d have to put up with more anti-welsh whining laughing. I do agree that Glasgow are a fantastic team, not as good as Sarries but nobody is right now. I hope Glasgow go on to win it as it’s getting boring seeing Leinster lift trophies now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 19 May 2019, 9:40 am

Apparently there are 30 000 plus tickets sold for the game now. GC must be bringing half of Ayr with him.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 20 May 2019, 12:42 pm

I know I'm a bit late but that performance can't go unremarked. Superlative. Very well played, Glasgow. Chapeau.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 May 2019, 12:58 pm

Thank you Don Hug

You are referring to Glasgow...and not Ulster?

When did Big Henderson last have the ball ripped from him in a tackle? Shocked

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 20 May 2019, 12:59 pm

jimbopip wrote:Thank you Don Hug

You are referring to Glasgow...and not Ulster?

When did Big Henderson last have the ball ripped from him in a tackle? Shocked

Of course. We were poor. Reeeeaaaally poor.

But the rebuild has begun in earnest.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 20 May 2019, 4:42 pm

Has anyone told Ernest?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next