The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for?

+9
LordDowlais
Taylorman
king_carlos
mikey_dragon
Geordie
Rugby Fan
propdavid_london
No 7&1/2
maestegmafia
13 posters

Go down

Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for? Empty Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for?

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Who do you think will be the RWCs superstars this Autumn? Either established players underrated by others, junior players breaking into the international squads or maybe a rank outsider?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for? Empty Re: Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for?

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Starting With the home nations, looking at not just emerging players but maybe some who as yet haven’t got a nudge international reputation.

I think this World Cup will see Ford, Slade and Underhill get big praise from the England team, Leavy Ringrose and Ryan from Ireland, McInally, Huw Jones and Hogg for Scotland and Tipuric and AWJ for Wales.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for? Empty Re: Who might be the Future RWC Superstars we should keep a look out for?

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Sinckler is the obvious guy that alit are going to see a run of games from and reluctantly say the guys class.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Underhill if he stays fit.
Curry could enhance his rep.

Josh Adams I suspect could make a big impact.

Finn Russels time is now or never. Russell and Hogg fit at the same time makes Scotland a completely different animal.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Genge if he is selected.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sinckler is the obvious guy that alit are going to see a run of games from and reluctantly say the guys class.
I think he is well recognised as a class player here in the NH, if he can control his temper he is going to be a hell of a player and will impress the rest of the world too. He was still very young on the last Lions tour and has taken a while to kick on from that on the international stage.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:15 am

A team probably has to make it to the semi-finals for a player to make an impact on the tournament. A number of Japanese players raised their profiles in 2015 but they now seem more like cameos in the context of the whole event.

Have to think Scotland going deep will have star performances from Russell and Watson. South Africa will be Cheslin Kolbe and De Klerk. They are all known entities to some extent but driving their teams through to the last rounds of a World Cup would be a gear change.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 am

Phil Vickery is in the form of his life at the moment. Gotta be his year to shine at the WC, surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sinckler is the obvious guy that alit are going to see a run of games from and reluctantly say the guys class.

He needs to stop the petulant little acts...if he does then yes he could be a star of the tournament. Otherwise he could be the villain.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:24 am

Is that South African guy Kolbe ?? who plays in France...the winger. He's insane.

And the other South African winger...the one who was a superstar in 7's.

In fact i fancy South Africa for the title.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 am

There is a need for good tmo s and refs granted after what went on in the 6ns.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Is that South African guy Kolbe ?? who plays in France...the winger. He's insane.

And the other South African winger...the one who was a superstar in 7's.

In fact i fancy South Africa for the title.

Big call but a good one...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:49 am

SA have two good scrum-halves playing in England, plus numerous lock forwards everywhere. I think their team is in good shape.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 am

Agree on Cheslin Kolbe. With how good the guys step is and how short he is it must be nearly impossible for a lot of players to bring him down without risking a seat belt tackle. He is electric.

Kolisi, Marx and Kitshoff are incredible players for South Africa. I could also see RG Snyman establishing himself as a world class lock at the RWC.

I could see Joey Carberry having a big impact for Ireland in key games.

Liam Williams aerial skills should see him have a huge impact in cagey RWC games with kicking to the fore.

The Fiji back row of Villiame Mata, Dominiko Waqaniburotu and Peceli Yato could light up the group stages in the interesting group D with Wales, Australia and Georgia also there.

I wouldn't say he will be a superstar but I could see Sam Skinner having a very good tournament with Scotland. He's an excellent second row and blindside.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:34 am

If New Zealand win the Cup, then plaudits might end up going to Sam Cane. He has come back from a neck injury which looked like it might end his career. If anything, he's played better than before. He's always been well-regarded in NZ but less so overseas so a strong showing in the Cup would put him firmly on the map.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:If New Zealand win the Cup, then plaudits might end up going to Sam Cane. He has come back from a neck injury which looked like it might end his career. If anything, he's played better than before. He's always been well-regarded in NZ but less so overseas so a strong showing in the Cup would put him firmly on the map.

He was unreal vs the Rebels. Nic Bishops analysis elsewhere has Cane right back in the mix.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Every Rugby World Cup needs its superstar, Jonah in 95, Campese in 91, Kirwan in 87, Cullen in 99, Caucaunibuca in 2003, Habbana in 07, Harinordoquy in 11, Savea in 15...!

I wonder who will be this years ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Ryan Conbeer is having a really good U20's world cup, and I keep hearing good things about him, I think he could be one for the future.

For the now though, I hope Owen Lane gets his chance at this world cup, I really think he can make a mark for himself.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Ryan Conbeer is having a really good U20's world cup, and I keep hearing good things about him, I think he could be one for the future.

For the now though, I hope Owen Lane gets his chance at this world cup, I really think he can make a mark for himself.

He certainly shows some talent it’s a shame that injuries diminished his season. Great that he made the larger squad but he plays in a very tough, competitive position for wales...!

Could well be a huge success though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm

From an England perspective:

I think Tom Curry is a good shout aswell. Might not be THE star, but could very well establush himself as one of the top 7's on the international stage.

i think Itoje could be a huge one aswell. He is just so influential on games...

France have some very interesting indivudal talent coming through.

So do Scotland...the Northampton lad has been fantastic. Hutchison isnt it?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:From an England perspective:

I think Tom Curry is a good shout aswell. Might not be THE star, but could very well establush himself as one of the top 7's on the international stage.

i think Itoje could be a huge one aswell. He is just so influential on games...

France have some very interesting indivudal talent coming through.

So do Scotland...the Northampton lad has been fantastic. Hutchison isnt it?

Yeh, Rory Hutchinson. Heck of a player and I agree in that he could have a huge world cup.

Totally agree on Kolbe too. I think South Africa as a whole could have a really good world cup. They've developed an excellent, physical squad after a few years of being a little lost in the wilderness. They are capable of bullying anyone upfront and if their backline are given space and time they'll be a real handful.

I'm anticipating Argentina having a successful tournament too. I'm more nervous about them being in England's group than France. Matera could establish himself on the global stage as a world class flanker. I just wish Tigers has managed to keep hold of him.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:30 am

Top5 most meters. Made by a player at a RWC.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/list-whos-made-the-most-metres-in-rugby-world-cup-history/

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:43 am

Full backs and wingers. We need context. How many games did they play? Against who? Etc.

This is ruck.co.uk clickbait.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:34 pm

maestegmafia wrote: Leavy Ringrose and Ryan from Ireland, .

Leavy will be nowhere near the World Cup , and may not play again ever
I suggest Stockdale as a third Irish player

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:47 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
maestegmafia wrote: Leavy Ringrose and Ryan from Ireland, .

Leavy will be nowhere near the World Cup , and may not play again ever
I suggest Stockdale as a third Irish player

Yes that’s true, although we are well aware oh Stockdale in the PRO14 and Six Nations he hasn’t really announced himself like he will likely do at the RWC..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Wow, I hadn't realised Leavy's injury was that bad, best wishes to him as he's been incredible for Ireland whenever I've seen him play

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 pm

I didn’t realise Leavy was that bad..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down