The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

+33
Recwatcher16
Old Man
Blueschief
bsando
NeilyBroon
thebandwagonsociety
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Gooseberry
SecretFly
TJ
BigGee
asoreleftshoulder
carpet baboon
Stone Motif
LeinsterFan4life
maestegmafia
LondonTiger
Pete330v2
Kingshu
RugbyFan100
BamBam
Irish Londoner
Luckless Pedestrian
Brendan
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
profitius
Pot Hale
St John The Enforcer
LordDowlais
RiscaGame
Welshmushroom
37 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 2 Empty Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 04 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

From a Dragons fan perspective looking ahead into the new season and which sides I would like to catch early in the Pro14 due to players having gone to the World Cup.

Obviously Hill, Dee & Moriarty will be big misses for us during this period. I think we may have Wainwright available (if they end up picking Shingler to cover Lock/Blindside). Think Brown probably wont make the cut either.

So hopefully our starter lineup will look like this:
1. Bevington 2. Hibbard 3. Brown/Fairbrother 4. Nansen 5. Screech 6. Wainwright 7. Griffiths 8. Evans
9. Williams 10. Davies 11. Rosser 12. Dixon 13. Morgan 14. Howells 15. Williams

Now looking at the other sides in the competition it would be great if we could catch some of the league powerhouses early. My Breakdown of the other teams:-

1. Scarlets - Look weak in the front 3. Possibly a weakness at outside centre as well. Would imagine they will be playing Asquith at 12 during this period. McNicholl will probably be the star man on this team opening rounds.

2. Blues - On paper even without the internationals they look a seasoned well rounded team. Probably dangerous for any team in the league during the opening rounds. Halaholo is my star man pick but the entire Blues 8 are extremely experienced (although I don't rate Gill much). Also unclear if Ellis will recover from injury or if he will end up parachuted into Wales WC Squad. If not he will just add to that fairly experienced pack.

3. Ospreys - Will have a fairly competitive pack assuming Bradley doesn't make the cut for the World Cup. The real weakness for them is in the backline. At 9 currently they will be playing rookies and 13 potentially as well unless they opt to play Hook at 12 and move Allen to 13. Giles will probably end up on the wing as well and while he has potential - defensively they may struggle against experienced backlines. That said they probably have enough upfront to power over most teams in the league. Star Man will be Bradley Davies if he doesn't make the world cup.

4. Munster - Probably going to missing around 11 players on World Cup duty. To me Tighthead and at 8 they look particularly weak. To me the backline also looks a little short on quality although granted they do have some potential in the backline.Personally I would like to catch them at Rodney Parade early. I'm still not sure away would be a banker for us. Reckon their key man will be Bleyendaal in the opening part of the season for his experience.

5. Leinster - Now I don't know if they still have the rule of not being able to select 2 non irish players in their starting 15's or if they are allowed exceptions in the early part of this season. Even taking into consideration that they can start Fardy, Gibson-Park, Lowe and Tomane the real problem for them is in the pack. They look seriously underpowered and inexperienced. They probably are hoping Smidt doesn't take Ruddock to the WC. Personally getting these in R2 or R3 away would be perfect. I think we can take them early doors before the return of their internationals. Star Man: Lowe

6. Ulster - For me probably the biggest Irish threat early. Only place they might be a little short on experience will be at 5 and 14. Pack on paper looks extremely strong and along with Cardiff both these sides should be fairly confident into the early rounds. Star Man: McCloskey
Would like to avoid these early doors altogether.

7. Connacht - Not really disrupted to much for internationals like us. Good experienced team. Always going to be dangerous at home. Star Man: Roux Another side I would like to see us avoid early doors but if we have to a home draw that wouldn't be the worst fixture start for us.

8. Edinburgh - Cockerill has done a amazing job with them. Surely even he can't cover 14 players at the world cup. Still managed to assemble a big pack for this period though so it's clear they wont be beaten upfront easily. 9, 10 and 15 look like the real problem area for him. Getting them at home would suit me fine. Star Man: Socino

9. Glasgow - Probably losing at least 13 players if not more. They still have a lot of experience in that squad. On paper probably have to much for us home or away. If we have to though a home draw would be better. Star Man: Lee Jones

10. Treviso - Backline looks very experienced for the league. Upfront a different story altogether. Can see them taking a bit of a battering upfront early doors. Star Man: Ioane
Don't mind if we get them early home or away

11. Zebre - Same story with them. Losing key personnel to the WC. Upfront looks very inexperienced. Backline will also be inexperienced. Can they get Boni back in time for the start of the season. The Centre was a powerhouse before his long term injury and would also have made the Italian squad if he wasn't out of action. Star Man: Walker (reckon he's going to surprise a few in the Pro14)

12. Kings - Not going to be missing any internationals. But they still lack quality for compete at this level. No signings of note in the off season. Could be a long season for them again? Personally I expect us to beat them home and away. Would be a waste to draw them during the World Cup period. Star Man: Catrakilis

13. Cheetahs - Same story as the Kings. To many lost star after their first season in the Pro14. They do have a better record than the kings and at home they will win games. Prefer to not draw them either in the opening rounds. Star Man: Nche

How do you fancy your teams chances and what teams would you like to draw early or avoid during the World Cup?

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Pro 14 2019/2020 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro 14 2019/2020 Season

Post by RiscaGame Wed 17 Jul 2019, 1:50 pm

Just seemed very quick to write that, whilst I was still looking Dragons’ fixtures and planning potential trips etc.

Ulster have two Saturday games. Did you just ask Simon Thomas about it, on twitter?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 17 Jul 2019, 1:58 pm

Not the best of starts for Dragons. A lot of Saturday home games, which works better for me.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 17 Jul 2019, 1:59 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Just seemed very quick to write that, whilst I was still looking Dragons’ fixtures and planning potential trips etc.

Ulster have two Saturday games. Did you just ask Simon Thomas about it, on twitter?

Yes. I did. Would love to know how 1 side continues to get preferential treatment like this.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 17 Jul 2019, 2:18 pm

As an aside did Simon Thomas ever feed back on how joe Marchant qualifies for wales. He blocked me after I questioned why wales online would publish info without checking for accuracy.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 17 Jul 2019, 2:51 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:As an aside did Simon Thomas ever feed back on how joe Marchant qualifies for wales. He blocked me after I questioned why wales online would publish info without checking for accuracy.

You did have a little dig at him and the editor to be fair.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 17 Jul 2019, 3:41 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Just seemed very quick to write that, whilst I was still looking Dragons’ fixtures and planning potential trips etc.

Yes. I did. Would love to know how 1 side continues to get preferential treatment like this.

Presumably they ask for it and none of the other clubs/unions object ?
It appears to suit Ulster that they play at home on Friday, I know it's become a sort of "Friday Night Lights" ritual for the home fans. I appreciate that it may make it difficult for travelling fans but on the plus side you go straight from the game to a night out in Belfast !

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 17 Jul 2019, 3:42 pm

Don't know how but duplicate post.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 17 Jul 2019, 4:33 pm

Too right I did rugby fan! Started as a genuine question but soon became obvious they were printing something without checking! The name and the fact that walesonline are held up by some as creditable journalists reminded me!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 17 Jul 2019, 5:19 pm

Friday night games suit some teams, other teams like Scarlets, Osreys and Connacht do not like them. In the less densely populated areas friday night 7pm kick offs do not give fans time to get home from work and then to the game. These pages used to be full of people complaining that Friday night games did not suit Welsh fans, and they wanted as close to the traditional Saturday afternoon kick off as possible. Friday night suits Ulster and means the Welsh regions get more Saturday and less Friday games yet there are some that still complain. Theres no winning with some posters on here. For most its a win win, Ulster get the friday night games thier fans wish, and the regions get less friday night games their fans don't like.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 17 Jul 2019, 7:17 pm

Blues v Dragons on the same day (Boxing Day) as Cardiff v Millwall apparently. Yuck Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2019, 7:56 pm

Great to see the Boxing Day games return in Wales. Always the highest attended games of the season and a traditional day out for lots of families (so great for marketing the league to the more casual fans).

Kudos to the Pro 14 for getting the fixtures out early too clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 17 Jul 2019, 10:46 pm

What’s with this unhealthy fixation about Ulster fixtures on a Friday?

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Thu 18 Jul 2019, 8:06 am

RiscaGame wrote:Blues v Dragons on the same day (Boxing Day) as Cardiff v Millwall apparently. Yuck Wink

That'll be a nine o'clock in the morning kick off !!

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 8:47 am

Irish Londoner wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Blues v Dragons on the same day (Boxing Day) as Cardiff v Millwall apparently. Yuck Wink

With the fans' arms tied behind their backs too, hopefully! And their mouths taped shut.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 8:53 am

Pot Hale wrote:What’s with this unhealthy fixation about Ulster fixtures on a Friday?

I think it's an historical thing on here and elsewhere, Pot. A few years back I remember arguments about scheduling. Dragons had something like 14 Sunday games and we were told by some to stop moaning and just get behind the team and to stop making excuses. 'Take it up with your Union, who should have argued for better fixtures', etc. But in the same breath some Ulster fans got a bit defensive of their Friday night slots and said that it was the best time for them so why shouldn't they get that slot. Seemed a bit double standards at the time. Personally, I like the Friday night and Saturday afternoon fixtures, despise the Sunday fixtures, but couldn't care less when other teams play really. More than happy for Ulster to have all games on a Friday. But just wish others were tolerant to differences in other fans' preferences too.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Friday doesn't suit all Ulster fans and similarly Sundays might be favoured by some Dragons fans - so we need to be careful not to paint everyone with the same brush. This 'fixation' only seems to be 1 post yesterday by 1 fan, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 9:52 am

The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

With the fans' arms tied behind their backs too, hopefully!  And their mouths taped shut.

Why ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 9:55 am

Think one of the wins from this set of fixtures is that there are only 3 Sunday games in total, many seemed to dislike them so it's a positive move

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 12:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

With the fans' arms tied behind their backs too, hopefully!  And their mouths taped shut.

Why ?

To stop football hooligans doing what they like to do with their fists and mouths.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 12:55 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

To stop football hooligans doing what they like to do with their fists and mouths.

Quite the generalisation there, I have a lot of friends and family who are fans of Cardiff City, some of them are season ticket holders. They are not hooligans. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, back to the rugby.....

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

Quite the generalisation there, I have a lot of friends and family who are fans of Cardiff City, some of them are season ticket holders. They are not hooligans. Rolling Eyes

There is a horrible holier than thou attitude amongst many rugby supporters that somehow portrays rugby as the bastion of sports with zero issues like hooliganism and bad sportsmanship. It seems it's alive and well here too.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:11 pm

Living in south London I can confirm Oracle is right and Millwall fans are generally utter scum

Most football fans are absolutely fine

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:22 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

There is a horrible holier than thou attitude amongst many rugby supporters that somehow portrays rugby as the bastion of sports with zero issues like hooliganism and bad sportsmanship. It seems it's alive and well here too.

Yes, this 100%

Yet when we here the Rodney parade faithful singing their knocked it on song, or chanting cheat towards the ref, that is all fine and dandy. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:23 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

I was responding to the suggestion that they would need a 9am kick off. Where trouble is expected they often kick off earlier to avoid the alcohol related incidents. So if they are kicking off early (hypothetically) then it’s because the police expect trouble, and if they expect trouble then it’s likely in the form of fighting and abusive language, etc. Hence my quip about tying hands and mouths! I certainly didn’t say that LDs family and friends were hooligans. And I’m not stupid enough to think it doesn’t exist in rugby - I only have to think back to the horrendous racist abuse my team mate used to get when we played up the valleys as youth players. But you have to admit that there is more trouble at football than in rugby, and Cardiff and Millwall are two of the worst. I’ve read a number of hooligan books such as ‘Soul Crew’, a Leeds UTD one, one by Cass Pennant, etc. I haven’t read any rugby ones yet though. Can you point me in the right direction?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:25 pm

BamBam wrote:Living in south London I can confirm Oracle is right and Millwall fans are generally utter scum

Since Cardiff City broke into the Premiership a few time over the past season or two, there has been a massive effort to make the club more family orientated, my friends take their children to games, and I have even taken my daughters to a few games when they were in the Premiership.

It's a total stereotypical statement to make when generalising a whole fan base as hooligans. But anyway, like I said earlier, back to the rugby......

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:28 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

Yes, this 100%

Yet when we here the Rodney parade faithful singing their knocked it on song, or chanting cheat towards the ref, that is all fine and dandy. Rolling Eyes

Only a buffoon would not see the difference between crowds signing and chanting and grown men fighting and smashing up pubs. I dunno, maybe rugby fans do that up the valleys? But not in my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
BamBam wrote:Living in south London I can confirm Oracle is right and Millwall fans are generally utter scum

Since Cardiff City broke into the Premiership a few time over the past season or two, there has been a massive effort to make the club more family orientated, my friends take their children to games, and I have even taken my daughters to a few games when they were in the Premiership.

It's a total stereotypical statement to make when generalising a whole fan base as hooligans. But anyway, like I said earlier, back to the rugby......

No-one is generalising. I'm talking specifically about the hooligan element. If you think they've disappeared from the game then you're extremely naive.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:31 pm

The Oracle wrote:I haven’t read any rugby ones yet though. Can you point me in the right direction?

Go and read Willie John McBride's auto biography, especially the 1974 tour of South Africa, where the whole team were fighting and wrecking their hotel, read about where the hotel manager asked to make everybody stop, or he will call the police, and he replied, will you bring many ?

Or what about the 99 call. Yep invented by rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:32 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

Yes, this 100%

Only a buffoon would not see the difference between crowds signing and chanting and grown men fighting and smashing up pubs. I dunno, maybe rugby fans do that up the valleys? But not in my experience.

Oh, so I'm a buffoon now am I ?

OK, lets just leave this one alone. As we will only spoil the topic in hand. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:I haven’t read any rugby ones yet though. Can you point me in the right direction?

Go and read Willie John McBride's auto biography, especially the 1974 tour of South Africa, where the whole team were fighting and wrecking their hotel, read about where the hotel manager asked to make everybody stop, or he will call the police, and he replied, will you bring many ?

Or what about the 99 call. Yep invented by rugby.

I fail to see how that is hooliganism. Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:36 pm

The Oracle wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Why ?

I was responding to the suggestion that they would need a 9am kick off. Where trouble is expected they often kick off earlier to avoid the alcohol related incidents. So if they are kicking off early (hypothetically) then it’s because the police expect trouble, and if they expect trouble then it’s likely in the form of fighting and abusive language, etc. Hence my quip about tying hands and mouths! I certainly didn’t say that LDs family and friends were hooligans. And I’m not stupid enough to think it doesn’t exist in rugby - I only have to think back to the horrendous racist abuse my team mate used to get when we played up the valleys as youth players. But you have to admit that there is more trouble at football than in rugby, and Cardiff and Millwall are two of the worst. I’ve read a number of hooligan books such as ‘Soul Crew’, a Leeds UTD one, one by Cass Pennant, etc. I haven’t read any rugby ones yet though. Can you point me in the right direction?

It's just all part of this awful rhetoric that rugby is better than football. Rugby fans are better than football fans. Rugby players are better than football players. Better people. Like when certain referees say to players "this is not soccer". As usual these things get lapped up by the people that are too non self aware to see the sad irony in it all.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:39 pm

The Oracle wrote:

Yeah, they do. Not just fans as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9380056.stm

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/ospreys-xmas-meal-taibach-rfc-clubhouse-trashed.20606/

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

I didn't mention Cardiff City 

Haven't had any experience of their fans so no reason to make any claims about them

I see Millwall fans far more often than I'd like to

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:24 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

Yeah, they do. Not just fans as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9380056.stm

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/ospreys-xmas-meal-taibach-rfc-clubhouse-trashed.20606/

Those articles relate to players, not fans. But whatever. If you want to believe that rugby has a hooliganism problem in the same way as football, with fans arranging back street fights via whatsapp, travelling to away games with the sole intention of smashing up the home side's local pub, travelling abroad with the sole intention of fighting, carrying weapons to matches or stashing them in the bushes for later use, etc. then of course you're free to believe that. But I don't think you'll find many that agree with you. If you think, like LD does, that Dragons fans chanting 'He knocked it on' is akin to any of the above hooliganism then I think you're a lost cause!

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:36 pm

So, players do it, OK. Fans do it, not OK ?

Violence is violence. The amount of times I have seen rugby teams and fans all drunk up to the hilt and getting out of hand is nobodies business.

I have had to talk with some of the boys from our club, as when they go out, they are dressed up in the clubs colours with their club ties and jackets on. Especially the older youth boys, they get very rowdy, and out of hand.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:38 pm

I bet that put the fear of God into them and they never stepped out of line again

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:40 pm

The Oracle wrote:Those articles relate to players, not fans. But whatever. If you want to believe that rugby has a hooliganism problem in the same way as football, with fans arranging back street fights via whatsapp, travelling to away games with the sole intention of smashing up the home side's local pub, travelling abroad with the sole intention of fighting, carrying weapons to matches or stashing them in the bushes for later use, etc. then of course you're free to believe that. But I don't think you'll find many that agree with you. If you think, like LD does, that Dragons fans chanting 'He knocked it on' is akin to any of the above hooliganism then I think you're a lost cause!

But you have generalised a whole fan base, you are wrong to do that, it is a minority these days, but you have just gone a tarred everybody with the same brush. Shame. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:42 pm

There is quite a gulf between Rugby Union and Soccer fans in terms of perceived behavior and attitude, there have been great big steps taken to improve things on the soccer front but there is still a need to segregate fans and having to take measures like having 9am kick offs to avoid drink related trouble. I've never been to a rugby match that had police lining the route to the ground, in fact most I've been to have been completely police free events.
There are a-holes that support Rugby, of that there is no doubt but it seems like there are large herds of them that follow Soccer all be it, thankfully a minority that ruin it for everyone.
P.S. all of my friends and family are predominantly Soccer fans and only a couple of them would ever have been involved in any kind of trouble. Even that couple of renegades would only have goaded opposition fans simply because there was a big fence between them. Take down the fences I say, let them at it Smile

Last edited by Pete330v2 on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:42 pm

Shall we just leave it there?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:43 pm

BamBam wrote:I bet that put the fear of God into them and they never stepped out of line again

Just a reminder, that when they are warring the clubs clothing, they do not just represent themselves, but they represent everyone and everything associated with our club, the fans, the town, the people. On and off the pitch.

Why would I want to put the fear of God into them ? What a stupid thing to say. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:45 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Shall we just leave it there?

Yes, I agree. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Those articles relate to players, not fans. But whatever. If you want to believe that rugby has a hooliganism problem in the same way as football, with fans arranging back street fights via whatsapp, travelling to away games with the sole intention of smashing up the home side's local pub, travelling abroad with the sole intention of fighting, carrying weapons to matches or stashing them in the bushes for later use, etc. then of course you're free to believe that. But I don't think you'll find many that agree with you. If you think, like LD does, that Dragons fans chanting 'He knocked it on' is akin to any of the above hooliganism then I think you're a lost cause!

But you have generalised a whole fan base, you are wrong to do that, it is a minority these days, but you have just gone a tarred everybody with the same brush. Shame. Rolling Eyes

No, I referred specifically to the hooligan element which rugby does not seem to have. Bad behaviour at times, yes. But not hooliganism, which is a specific thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:47 pm

And I'm sure a group of 16/17 year old lads instantly stopped whatever it was they were doing because some old bloke gave them a reminder 

Sounds like a pretty stupid thing to make up

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:51 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

No, I referred specifically to the hooligan element which rugby does not seem to have.  Bad behaviour at times, yes.  But not hooliganism, which is a specific thing.

No you didn't you said this:-

The Oracle wrote:With the fans' arms tied behind their backs too, hopefully! And their mouths taped shut.

There is no mention of hooligans in that quote, just "the fans". You did not refer to anything specific in that statement. I think you might want to consider what you type next time. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:53 pm

When I hear the Hazell Terrace singing he knocked it on etc, I don't like it. I would rather just sing the Men of Gwent stuff. I am not sure why that was brought up?

I support Cardiff City myself and the atmosphere is brilliant. There will always be a rogue element though and having experienced Millwall supporters for myself in January, when the FA Cup v Everton game was on, I would probably prefer not to have them in town the same day, even if the majority will probably get bussed in. I would also have preferred a derby not clashing with what will be a busy drinking day on its own though and not to be clashing with a City game, especially when Rodney Parade is available.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:53 pm

BamBam wrote:And I'm sure a group of 16/17 year old lads instantly stopped whatever it was they were doing because some old bloke gave them a reminder 

Firstly I am 42 years old, probably a bit older than you, but not old, but thanks anyway. Secondly, I am not making anything up. OK

Like LP has said, perhaps we should just leave this alone.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:59 pm

Have they announced the conferences for next season? I have a vague recollection of an announcement a while ago, but it's possible I'm imagining it.

EDIT: Yes, they have announced the conferences for next season. Might it be worth adding them to the OP?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:26 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
BamBam wrote:And I'm sure a group of 16/17 year old lads instantly stopped whatever it was they were doing because some old bloke gave them a reminder 

Firstly I am 42 years old, probably a bit older than you, but not old, but thanks anyway. Secondly, I am not making anything up. OK

Like LP has said, perhaps we should just leave this alone.

To 16/17 year olds you might as well be 82, makes no difference 

I'm honestly stunned at your age, I would have expected at least a decade older from your posts 

Happy to drop this one though

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Have they announced the conferences for next season? I have a vague recollection of an announcement a while ago, but it's possible I'm imagining it.

EDIT: Yes, they have announced the conferences for next season. Might it be worth adding them to the OP?

Pretty worrying for us, that ours is much tougher this season. Playing once v Kings doesn't help either (especially away).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 4:01 pm

It's fine, we'll be much better this season. Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 18 Jul 2019, 5:45 pm

Most definitely.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down