The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST

+50
Noble-Surfer
milkyboy
Dirtydave
bluestonevedder
formerly known as Sam
sensisball
stub
mikey_dragon
Geordie
king_carlos
maestegmafia
Armchairexpert
Cyril
No name Bertie
RiscaGame
propdavid_london
Hoonercat
George Carlin
kingelderfield
quinsforever
Heaf
robbo277
Luckless Pedestrian
Scottrf
Afro
No 7&1/2
Soul Requiem
eirebilly
lostinwales
Collapse2005
Rinsure
BigTrevsbigmac
Poorfour
MightyQuin
Gooseberry
Mr Bounce
Rugby Fan
SecretFly
Duty281
BamBam
LondonTiger
Old Man
whocares
Pie
hugehandoff
yappysnap
TightHEAD
Taylorman
Big
majesticimperialman
54 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST - Page 19 Empty SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Again, making these early for the sake of ease and consistency.

ENGLAND

Team:Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell (capt), May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Lawes, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Marler, Cole, Kruis, Wilson, Heinz, Slade, Joseph.

NEW ZEALAND

Team: Beauden Barrett; Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Anton Lienert-Brown, George Bridge; Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith; Joe Moody, Codie Taylor, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea, Kieran Read (capt).

Replacements: Dane Coles, Ofa Tuungafasi, Angus Ta'avao, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Sonny Bill Williams, Jordie Barrett.

Venue: Yokohama
Referee: Nigel Owens
AR1: Romain Poite
AR2: Pascal Gauzere
TMO: Marius Joncker

Last edited by miaow on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST - Page 19 Empty Re: SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:25 pm

'Harden up bro'. Something tells me you're not the kind to say that in person.

Go back to bed.

Back to top Go down

SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST - Page 19 Empty Re: SF1 - Match Thread - ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND - 26/10/19 - K/O 09:00 BST

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:29 pm

Heaf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
miaow wrote:
Heaf wrote:Less embarrassing than beating France by 1 point with the help of the ref Whistle

Yeah, if only we'd won by 1 point with the ref hindering us, instead...

...oh no, my mistake, that happened as well because Peyper is atrocious and hurt Wales all game with some horrible calls and non calls.

Peyper was atrocious but think his calls went both ways. Getting the important  try in that fashion is proof enough

You mean getting an advantage through destroying their scrum, and then scoring a fair and legal try? A lot of English keep struggling with the laws it seems. Reminds me of Chris Robshaw.

For the record Mikey I was talking about the ABs in the 2011 final.  

Although I am intrigued which law you're saying the English don't understand.  I'm not saying the ball travelled forwards but there seems to be some suggestion that if it had it would have been allowed as it was stripped, but I'm not so sure as I think the no knock-on refers to the attacking player losing the ball to a strip - although the law seems ambiguous to me so it's a genuine question.

For the record Heaf, I was clearly replying to lost in Wales. Yeah it was a rip, someone quoted the law after the game on the match thread. All the moaning about it seems to be coming from English. The kiwis are still the most one-eyed and least gracious though, if that means anything. Good luck against them tomorrow, still think it will be an England vs Wales final Smile.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:52 pm

If its an NZ Wales final I think there are a couple of accounts that should be 'rested' for a few days, because otherwise nobody else will get a look in.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 9:15 pm

lostinwales wrote:If its an NZ Wales final I think there are a couple of accounts that should be 'rested' for a few days, because otherwise nobody else will get a look in.

BamBam, TightHEAD and No 7&1/2???

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 25 Oct 2019, 9:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Heaf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
miaow wrote:
Heaf wrote:Less embarrassing than beating France by 1 point with the help of the ref Whistle

Yeah, if only we'd won by 1 point with the ref hindering us, instead...

...oh no, my mistake, that happened as well because Peyper is atrocious and hurt Wales all game with some horrible calls and non calls.

Peyper was atrocious but think his calls went both ways. Getting the important  try in that fashion is proof enough

You mean getting an advantage through destroying their scrum, and then scoring a fair and legal try? A lot of English keep struggling with the laws it seems. Reminds me of Chris Robshaw.

For the record Mikey I was talking about the ABs in the 2011 final.  

Although I am intrigued which law you're saying the English don't understand.  I'm not saying the ball travelled forwards but there seems to be some suggestion that if it had it would have been allowed as it was stripped, but I'm not so sure as I think the no knock-on refers to the attacking player losing the ball to a strip - although the law seems ambiguous to me so it's a genuine question.

For the record Heaf, I was clearly replying to lost in Wales. Yeah it was a rip, someone quoted the law after the game on the match thread. All the moaning about it seems to be coming from English. The kiwis are still the most one-eyed and least gracious though, if that means anything. Good luck against them tomorrow, still think it will be an England vs Wales final Smile.

Hi Mikey, yep I realised you were talking to liw but wanted to point out I wasn't referring to Wales in the original post just in case as Miaow seemed to think I was.  

Genuine question on a rip though and again not saying the ball went forwards in this case but it raised an interesting question in my mind as the law as written seems ambiguous ie if it is ripped towards the try-line does that constitute a knock-on by the 'ripper'.  I think the law is written to cover no knock-on by the player being ripped but doesn't consider the situation where the ripping player ends up sending it forwards towards the opposing team's try-line.  As I say this is in no way about the incident in question but a genuine query around the law.

Oh and I hope you're right about the final, but unfortunately don't share your confidence/optimism ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 9:31 pm

Don’t worry Oracle, that won’t be necessary...it’ll just be me and the old man hanging around I guess. Hug
And don’t worry, if NZ go out I’ll free up a couple of GBs. Say my bit and then leave the I told you so’s to linger for a few days, weeks, years probably... Very Happy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

Taylorman wrote:Don’t worry Oracle, that won’t be necessary...it’ll just be me and the old man hanging around I guess. Hug
And don’t worry, if NZ go out I’ll free up a couple of GBs. Say my bit and then leave the I told you so’s to linger for a few days, weeks, years probably... Very Happy
I doubt that. Very Happy thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:13 pm

I certainly won’t be making excuses but I would like to see the evidence of non gloating and humility I’m so often reminded of. Let’s just see how that pans out.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm

Taylorman wrote:I certainly won’t be making excuses but I would like to see the evidence of non gloating and humility I’m so often reminded of. Let’s just see how that pans out.

Should a near miracle happen, and England win - well I won't be on here as I will owe my youngest daughter some time. However if I come back and find any fans gloating then rebukes will flow.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

I reckon we should also have punishments for mistyping the names of any England player (looking at you Madge).

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:05 pm

Haskell, the MMA tough guy, lol

"The biggest thing a lot of countries do is they become obsessed with them," said Haskell. "Fans talk all about the haka. All they talk about is 'it must be intimidating to face the haka'. It's actually not … when 15 men are dancing in front of you, you just want to go beat them up."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12279914

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:12 pm

Didn’t learn much on the Highlanders bench I guess. Always was useless.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:26 pm

...says the man sat on his @rse typing on a computer...

But na, you tell him. Why not tweet him. Tell him how useless a rugby player he is. Go on.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:33 pm

Tman 
 Haskel was not that useless. It is just because he is an English born you are saying this.

Question are you a out and out racist? What do you have against English players trying to improve them selves?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:50 pm

It's not even English maj. It's good old parochial nationalism parading as some sort of belief system. We have our fair share in Britain, it's really quite transparent when you break it down.

Notice how the NH v SH chat has diminished recently with Argentina and Australia getting swiftly demolished? Apparently we were all looking forward to another SH domination of the SFs, because apparently 2 close defeats in the QFs 4 years ago - one aided by the incompetent Joubert - is seen as solid evidence for the third hand superiority gleaned from rugby results...

...yes, it really is that sad. No doubt the internet is to blame for a lot of social and cultural ills that have developed in the last 15 years, but rugby definitely didn't used to be this...pathetic. At least in my experience. That loss of innocence with the internet has mashed people together, from all over the world, and some can't seem to deal with it. Frustratingly, particularly in the last 10ish years, the rugby crowds/audiences have become full of...I'm not sure what to call them...let's just say new viewers. All sorts of people, really. A bit like football. It's not just the odd idiot, it unfortunately attracts people not really interested in the game, and are two or three degrees removed from the actual sport, but - in that good old American consumerist way we all live by nowadays - believe themselves equally 'enfranchised' within it. And that means you WILL listen to what they have to say...even if it's just bigotry.

Imagine actually thinking you're superior to James Haskell on rugby matters, to the point where you're confident sitting behind a screen typing out that he was useless?

How deluded would you have to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:56 pm

Tman is correct, Haskell just rode the pine and didn’t seem to learn much about NZ in his time here by the sounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:19 am

on cue

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:33 am

majesticimperialman wrote:Tman 
 Haskel was not that useless. It is just because he is an English born you are saying this.

Question are you a out and out racist? What do you have against English players trying to improve them selves?

Durr, it’s Haskells that’s proved he’s a racist. He just wants to go out and smash someone that’s doing the haka? That’s typically racist.

And he was useless, couldn’t get off the highlanders bench for months. He only became good enough for England after his pitiful contribution here.

Geez you get everything so wrong. It’s actually quite funny Hug

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:51 am

Taylorman wrote:Didn’t learn much on the Highlanders bench I guess. Always was useless.
Well, you can jump to that conclusion...or you could go to the official All Blacks Youtube channel and see him joking about it with
Kirstie Stanway, Israel Dagg & Mils Muliaina on "Kick Off". It's around the 14 minute mark.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 26 Oct 2019, 1:09 am

Anyone see the recent interview with Haskell and Tindall? Hask was talking about why he didn’t want Wales to win the World Cup...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Oct 2019, 1:19 am

Rugby Fan wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Didn’t learn much on the Highlanders bench I guess. Always was useless.
Well, you can jump to that conclusion...or you could go to the official All Blacks Youtube channel and see him joking about it with
Kirstie Stanway, Israel Dagg & Mils Muliaina on "Kick Off". It's around the 14 minute mark.

Cheers that was quite good. Still a bit flippant about the haka but Understandable amongst sports jocks. All I recall from Haskell was he was on the bench for the first few matches then started eventually. Great that he’s on3 of very few that are prepared to take on Super rugby. Many I would say wouldn’t make it.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:47 am

Taylorman wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:

Cheers that was quite good. Still a bit flippant about the haka but Understandable amongst sports jocks. All I recall from Haskell was he was on the bench for the first few matches then started eventually. Great that he’s on3 of very few that are prepared to take on Super rugby. Many I would say wouldn’t make it.

Maybe true but there wouldn’t be a financial incentive & you have to admire Haskell for taking up the challenge.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/james-haskell-has-revealed-the-poverty-line-salary-he-was-paid-playing-in-new-zealand/

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:49 am

Ronan OGaras just got in to catch the semis, very confident of an AB win, which is good considering he’s had a lot to do with most of the backline for two years.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

I think I'd be posting more should England get through Oracle. I'd be too disappointed should the worst happen.
Time for walking the dog and trying to keep breakfast down as the nerves start.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:21 am

7:50 in that video is hilarious - really doing wonders for the old 'we DO know the players names' thing Brodie came out with in the week...

What with England being upset they don't know their names, and NZ finding non existent offence in the haka, it'll be nice to just play the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:24 am

That's surprising to hear from ROG tbh. He was such an Anglophile in his playing days... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

Well yeah between when Retallick forgot Lawes first name and this week Retallick also went through a tough time losing an unborn child taking time out with his family so for the reporter to this week haul out such a benign event from five years ago deserved what It got. “What is that? So what. I forgot a name. You trying to be funny?” Asked and answered.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

90 mins to go, cmon All Blacks! Very Happy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19