The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a waste of rugby talent

+28
Shifty
yappysnap
No9
TIGGER017
Geordie
Brendan
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
SecretFly
RDW
Pie
TightHEAD
Rugby Fan
Cyril
RiscaGame
Maine man
majesticimperialman
bluestonevedder
Irish Londoner
LondonTiger
Soul Requiem
mikey_dragon
BigGee
nlpnlp
Taylorman
Gooseberry
Old Man
32 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What a waste of rugby talent - Page 6 Empty What a waste of rugby talent

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 7:39 am

First topic message reminder :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50455162

No way back for Folau now.

Back to top Go down

What a waste of rugby talent - Page 6 Empty Re: What a waste of rugby talent

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 12:52 am

Homophobic speech is a crime in Australia, and punishable...

Therefore he hasn't been homophobic. Homophobia is also against the terms and conditions of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.. Yet he still has his accounts, and the original pictures havnt been taken down...

So how can you call him homophobic, if no entity has taking action against homophobia, and the one that did just apologised and paid out.

Your not allowing your intellect to rule you emotions, I might absolutely disagree with the religious garbage he regurgitated, but to act against it would be discrimination, as has just been proved

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 12:58 am

Ah so no line as yet jas been crossed for you as I think we may have guessed. As has briefly been touched upon the Twitter etc rules are slightly dodgy as they are widely widely ignored for certain people. So again ignoring all the lines others have I go back to what are your lines Dave?
I appreciate that way wider than the lines not contractually drawn by the dragons that I doubt Folau will keep.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 9:04 am

You keep regurgitating the same thing without explanation, it's incoherent...

Folau crossed no lines according to:

The law
Social media
His employment contract

My views aren't important, despite me offering them to you over and over!

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 9:27 am

Yet its obvious to all and sundry he crossed lines or he would be playing union still. Fair enough if you dont want to say what your limit is. We'll have to await how the next chapter works out for Folau and rugby league.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Feb 2020, 9:50 am

He'll be delighted that so many people who don't know him personally are now so so interested in the next chapter of his career.
The man is quite obviously Not a waste of rugby talent.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 10:01 am

Waste fornunion. For me he was the best full back around.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Wed 19 Feb 2020, 10:16 am

Dirtydave wrote:You keep regurgitating the same thing without explanation, it's incoherent...

Folau crossed no lines according to:

The law
Social media
His employment contract

My views aren't important, despite me offering them to you over and over!

Whilst Folau may not have broken specific laws, he did act contradictory to his employment contract.

Most Corporate companies now attempt to bide by the WOKE society we live in, whether that is wrong or right is not for us to decide, yet if a public figure like Folau goes against the agreement of the ARU they would naturally want to restrict his public divisive comments (their first failed attempt) or alternatively get rid of him (their second attempt)

The fact that there was an undisclosed sum paid to Folau suggests that the ARU above all else wanted to get rid of him as his personal opinions are in conflict with what they want their public image to be.

From my personal perspective I believe you can think what you want, but if you want to say what you want, you must consider the repercussions or backlash if you will.

Modern society and especially this digital age we live in now, it is often advisable to steer clear of giving opinions on the many social issues that surround us, it improves quality of life and sanity to stay away from commenting on these issues.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Feb 2020, 10:29 am

Old Man wrote:
From my personal perspective I believe you can think what you want, but if you want to say what you want, you must consider the repercussions or backlash if you will.

Modern society and especially this digital age we live in now, it is often advisable to steer clear of giving opinions on the many social issues that surround us, it improves quality of life and sanity to stay away from commenting on these issues.

So in other words, give the Internet to those that oppose your political views, mock your moral views, laugh at your religious views, fume at your science views, ridicule your weather views, rubbish your music views, denigrate your movie views, frown at your fashion views and denounce your views on social media (darlings)?

So just wave a white flag to the anointed, promoted and Protected (by big Tech giants) guardians of World Approved Thought?

Not like you, Old Man, to be so submissive and accepting of chains on your right to express your own unique world view.  Always thought of you as a fighter - in the best sense of the word.

I prefer fight rather than accepting chains provided by the New Priests of Approved World Opinion.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Wed 19 Feb 2020, 11:32 am

SecretFly wrote:
Old Man wrote:

So in other words, give the Internet to those that oppose your political views, mock your moral views, laugh at your religious views, fume at your science views, ridicule your weather views, rubbish your music views, denigrate your movie views, frown at your fashion views and denounce your views on social media (darlings)?

So just wave a white flag to the anointed, promoted and Protected (by big Tech giants) guardians of World Approved Thought?

Not like you, Old Man, to be so submissive and accepting of chains on your right to express your own unique world view.  Always thought of you as a fighter - in the best sense of the word.

I prefer fight rather than accepting chains provided by the New Priests of Approved World Opinion.

Fly, most of the social issues these days are a waste of time to debate.

Capitulation is agreeing with every social justice warrior, every woke sentiment.

Look at Hollywood, it is even more false now than ever before, as woke as shyte. Nobody has an original thought anymore. Debates are based on emotions and no facts.

As a “privileged white male” you are told you cannot debate issues of colour because you haven’t experienced being black, you cannot debate transgender issues as you haven’t experienced what it feels like to be conflicted about your gender, there are people categorising themselves as binary humans, in other words they don't identify as male or female.

Businesses are being forced to abandon their religion and decorate cakes even if in contrast to their beliefs.

Society has fallen off the bus, debating facts matter no more, logic has no place, common sense doesn’t count for anything.

General emotional accusations turn into hysterics when countered with common sense or logic or facts.

It has become a nightmare I sooner rather than later walk away from.

It is simply ridiculous.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 19 Feb 2020, 3:03 pm

It will all work out fine. In ten years time the two sides of the political spectrum won't talk to each other. The right will be successful and the left/woke will have people to blame for their failures.

The left/woke would have you believe that Folou has single handedly stopped gay rugby players coming out as gay which we all know is a load of rubbish. If a person who was made leave union because he couldn't get a job, and caused 70+% of the players and coaches to condemn him, and make an environment were homosexuality is ok for a professional player then something else is wrong.

Probably those players who haven't come out have not done so because with 20% of the people they might know where they stand but the other 80% are lip service servants who in public support it but away from the cameras make jokes and comments about players not having girlfriends or being a bit different.

At least with Folou you know he thinks you are going to Hell but treats you like everyone else and supports gay rugby tournaments.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 5:36 pm

It's obvious to all and sundry? Tell that to the huge amount of people within the game who will no doubt support his views, but are afraid to speak out for losing their jobs. That doesn't create a tolerant atmosphere, it builds resentment, and is the reason Brexit, Trump and the Tories all win...

You can't curtail freedoms, for the specific reason you want, and not expect those freedoms to come back and bite you in the arse!

I suspect your just blindly yelling pro lgbt rhetoric, without an ounce of knowledge, understanding or experience of their issues. You are putting the very community at risk you claim to be defending with your short sighted nonsense!

No minority community has ever achieved equality without the freedom to express themselves, take it away from the religion you don't like, and your taking it away from all the communities you do!

Old man

He didn't act contrary to his employment contract, because the ARU have admitted that the employment contract wasn't binding, and in fact sacking him on that basis was discriminatory, hence the payou AND apology.

Now if I in present day UK wanted a slave, and someone entered into a slave contract, the enslaved person could at any time break the contract legally.

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 6:32 pm

I have no doubt that are plenty of homophobes in society who rejoiced at Folau dave. Its not short sighted to support LGBTQ. And of course there are limits to freedom of expression. As I said before it'll come back to bite the dragons imo.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:08 pm

Homophobes...

Like Vunipola, and the vast majority of South Sea Islanders? The tongan national team?

It's not short sighted to support LGBTQ rights, but it's short sighted to challenge their rights, which is exactly what you are doing! If you disagree with freedom of expression for Folau, you disagree with freedom of expression for the LGBT community...

Your just too ignorant to realise it apparently

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:16 pm

Vunipola certainly seems to be. Freedom of expression has limits.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:37 pm

Are you opposed to the UN's human rights code?

Do you believe Vunipola should be sacked from rugby union?

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:39 pm

The one you posted before which itself states limits? Reads pretty well. Vunipola apologised and pledged to jot do it again. If he came out with homophobic comments I doubt he'd play for England again and if be happy with that.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:43 pm

Homophobic?

By who's standards? The law? The RFU? Social media?

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 7:47 pm

Any of the above.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:13 pm

Then why have none of them acted?

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:18 pm

I dont understand your question.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:38 pm

You claim any of the above standards make Folau homophobic...

But none of them have acted as if Folau has been homophobic, why?

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:42 pm

I really dont understand that sorry.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:45 pm

Well, that's very basic English, I'm sorry you don't understand.

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 19 Feb 2020, 8:46 pm

Yeah. Doesnt make sense.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 08 Apr 2020, 11:35 am

So seems with Australia's financial woes it has come out that Folou might not be getting all his 3m (wages from his cancelled contract) as it was to be paid in instalments
Seems the RA deemed that they didn't have a great leg to stand on and just paid out the contract.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6