The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a waste....

+9
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
Valero's Conscience
BoxingFan88
Derbymanc
irishbrads
ONETWOFOREVER
13 posters

Go down

What a waste.... Empty What a waste....

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

of 5 years.

Amir Khan looks like he will get overlooked AGAIN by Mayweather.

According to Lance Pugmire’s source, Khan won’t be getting the fight against Mayweather Jr. due to Khan’s constant “yapping” about him. I had a feeling it was going to go this way for Khan. Most on here agreed that instead of pinning for a fight that he felt he was exclusivley entitled to Khan should have used his prime to get a couple of good wins under his belt against top level opposition.

Defended to the hilt by the likes of TRUSSMAN and Rowley on here, Khan has lost a few goos years and will have no choice but to humble himself and take on names such as Brook or Thurman. Names Khan would have everyone believe were beneath him.

If he’d just kept his trap shut, and waiting patiently for the Mayweather fight then maybe he’d be the guy that is getting the fight against him on September 12th, but Khan couldn’t stop flapping his gums 24/7 about Mayweather and now he’s not getting that cash out payday fight. LA Times writer Lance Pugmire said on his Twitter. “Told the reason that Amir ‘King’ Khan is out is because of his mouth. He was told to zip it and kept yapping negatively about Floyd Mayweather.”

Berto never mentioned Mayweather ONCE and he gets the fight LOL

It was a tactic of team Khan to consistantly mention Mayweather's name to anyone with ears to hear but sadly it just did not impress boxing fans and more importantly Mayweather.

Its a shame as its a fight I would love to see and I believe Khan has the tools to make it an interesting fight and he could have brought Money May over to the UK but he smegged it up.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

What a waste.... Empty Re: What a waste....

Post by irishbrads Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:57 am

money may ain't fighting anywhere except the MGM!!

For me the irony is he could probably make as much money fighting Kell Brook in the UK as he could fighting Mayweather, but no shame in losing to Mayweather and he can come again without any damage to his reputation, lose to Brook and whilst its not the end of him by any means its a long road back

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:19 am

Noone defended Khan to the hilt on here 1/2 what was said was it was good to see a boxer wanting the big tough fight but he should get himself in a position where May couldn't turn it down. (Which imo he didn't do.)

The sooner May retires the better as noone is fighting the tough fights in case they lose and the pot of gold disappears.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:37 pm

Khan should have fought Brook in May, if he won that, Mayweather would have had NO choice but to fight him

Serves him right

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:58 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Khan should have fought Brook in May, if he won that, Mayweather would have had NO choice but to fight him

Serves him right

Completely agree. Although Mayweather may still have not fought him, he would open himself up for criticism but Khan doesn't have any weight behind his shouts for the fight without a belt or a high profile win in recent years.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:15 pm

Well done Floyd, couldn't care less who you fight next (unless it was GGG at 154). By him once again (and rightfully) turning down Khan it's putting little old Amir in a bit of a corner...

He has to fight one of Brook/Bradley/Thurman/Porter. All of which are held in higher esteem @ WW. Will he? Will he donkeyballs.

And I'm not saying Berto is any more deserving blah blah blah, I couldn't give a monkeys who he fights next as there's no one who gets near him and the aforementioned fight isn't a possibility.

Good to hear Mosley calling out Khan. Makes a valid point that he'd "shatter his jaw" as well Wink

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

can't use khan's gob to excuse PBFs pathetic match making. but yes, amir only really has himself to blame.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:can't use khan's gob to excuse PBFs pathetic match making.  but yes, amir only really has himself to blame.

Pathetic?

Canelo future superstar

Cotto current M/W champion

Maidana hardest hitter for a generation

retired highly talented Ortiz

outboxed ATG great Mosley

get yur facts right mate

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:38 pm

In that malestrom of bullcrap you've forgotten Berto, to whom I was referring......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:can't use khan's gob to excuse PBFs pathetic match making.  but yes, amir only really has himself to blame.

Pathetic?

Canelo future superstar Great win, will go down as one of his best, alongside Castillo & Corrales but his previous criticism of catchweights comes back to haunt him...

Cotto current M/W champion 1) His MW title reign is a joke; 2) Fight wasn't at MW it was LMW; 3) Again he wasn't fought in his prime and at his best weight.

Maidana hardest hitter for a generation No, he's not, but he is the victim of an Amir Khan schooling....

retired highly talented Ortiz the ultimate hype job and general waste of space

outboxed ATG great Mosley Having showed no interest in fighting him in his prime and at best weight.

get yur facts right mate

But, for the fun of it.....

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 28 Jul 2015, 2:46 pm

Is Maidana really one of the hardest hitters for a generation, Either Khans chinny and Maidana couldn't put him away or Maidana hits like a mule and the chinny tag for Khan is vastly overused

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Jul 2015, 7:34 pm

You do talk some crap Toppy just to get a rise out of certain posters; Mayweather was desperate for the Mosley fight back in 2006 but got turned down because somebody had a little bit of toothache and wanted a vacation.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 28 Jul 2015, 8:29 pm

Tophat I do think he wanted to Fight Shane a number of years ago.

Also he did want Cotto at Jr Welter as well.

Do agree about the others though and catch are bull sh1t.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jul 2015, 2:05 pm

AdamT wrote:Tophat I do think he wanted to Fight Shane a number of years ago.

Also he did want Cotto at Jr Welter as well.

Do agree about the others though and catch are bull sh1t.

I know there's some background to Sugar but never a smidge about seriously taking on Cotto at 147.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jul 2015, 2:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do talk some crap Toppy just to get a rise out of certain posters; Mayweather was desperate for the Mosley fight back in 2006 but got turned down because somebody had a little bit of toothache and wanted a vacation.

(1) 'Desperate'?? Has that EVER been a word to accurately describe Floyd's intentions to make ANY fight....?? (except, perhaps, Castillo II)

(2) 2006 - seriously? You're saying that was prime Shane Mosley? How about early noughties at 135 lbs......?? Certainly not saying he was shot, but Shane's career post Winky was a roller coaster and difficult to say this was the best Shane Floyd could have fought.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm

The fight couldn't have happened before 2006 so that would have been the best possible version he could have fought.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 30 Jul 2015, 12:06 am

Maidana is not a hard hitter.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 1:44 am

I said before that Mayweather would not fight Khan, I don't care what anyone says, he poses a very fresh threat to Floyd, quicker and bigger and younger than Pacman... why would he risk it when he clearly wants to keep his 0?

Great fighter yes, but an even better player when it comes to picking the right fights at the right time, Khan is at his most mature and has tools that Mayweather will not be wanting to deal with now.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

Lance wrote:Maidana is not a hard hitter.

A 78% KO percentage says otherwise.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:51 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The fight couldn't have happened before 2006 so that would have been the best possible version he could have fought.

At the risk of making myself look stupid (again?!), why?

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:52 am

tunes666 wrote:I said before that Mayweather would not fight Khan, I don't care what anyone says, he poses a very fresh threat to Floyd, quicker and bigger and younger than Pacman... why would he risk it when he clearly wants to keep his 0?

Great fighter yes, but an even better player when it comes to picking the right fights at the right time, Khan is at his most mature and has tools that Mayweather will not be wanting to deal with now.

Yeah agree

He would much rather take on the likes of Canelo who is BIGGER, YOUNGER, and STRONGER then Khan

yeah good point

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:53 am

PaulHv2 wrote:

Eyes too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:54 am

PaulHv2 wrote:

It also doesn't say he's the 'hardest hitter in a generation'.

Needless to say Lance is wide of the mark as always......surprising given Maidana is a Latino (and Argie!).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:55 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
tunes666 wrote:I said before that Mayweather would not fight Khan, I don't care what anyone says, he poses a very fresh threat to Floyd, quicker and bigger and younger than Pacman... why would he risk it when he clearly wants to keep his 0?

Yeah agree

He would much rather take on the likes of Canelo who is BIGGER, YOUNGER, and STRONGER then Khan

yeah good point

And walks in treacle. When you're game is all about avoiding punches and landing counters, pretty sure you'd favour the harder hitting but slow as pudding guy than the fast high-output boxer. Not that the result would be any different.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:48 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yeah agree

yeah good point

That was one of his more risky fights yes.. You got one!

Besides, I am not saying Khan would win, I am saying he holds a risk factor due to the styles.. Khan has great weaknesses but great strengths and could well be a big threat to Floyd who would not have a size, speed, and weight advantage over him... this to me makes the fight interesting...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:58 pm

Mayweather's superior reach negating Khan's handspeed and his good inside game make the fight a foregone conclusion. The only two guys he's faced with comparable reach in Judah and De La Hoya have given him trouble, it's overlooked how important his ability to be in range and out of range at the same time is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 30 Jul 2015, 11:26 pm

Maidana is an accumulative puncher. Never seen him hurt a guy with one punch. Maybe I havent watched him enough. Not sure what you are on about Toppy, but everyone knows what you are like

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:39 am

tunes666 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yeah agree

yeah good point

That was one of his more risky fights yes.. You got one!  

Besides, I am not saying Khan would win, I am saying he holds a risk factor due to the styles..  Khan has great weaknesses but great strengths and could well be a big threat to Floyd who would not have a size, speed, and weight advantage over him... this to me makes the fight interesting...

Just like Algieri didn't want to face someone with these amazing skills after the drubbing he got off Pacquiao. No.... Wait. The same guy took Khan to the brink. Same Khan who couldn't handle the shocking Pieterson or fat LW in Diaz?

Yup, he gives Mayweather fits just like he's outboxed every fighter before him.

Speed doesn't count for everything. Timing does. And Khan loses every round.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:20 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Mayweather's superior reach negating Khan's handspeed and his good inside game make the fight a foregone conclusion. The only two guys he's faced with comparable reach in Judah and De La Hoya have given him trouble, it's overlooked how important his ability to be in range and out of range at the same time is.

It's only a 1 inch reach advantage?? Saying that, for a guy up from Superfeather, Floyd has freakish reach advantages through his career, like a smaller Tommy Hearns!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Jul 2015, 10:44 am

It's only a 1 inch reach advantage?? Saying that, for a guy up from Superfeather, Floyd has freakish reach advantages through his career, like a smaller Tommy Hearns![/quote]

This is why if he remained at lightweight he would be near unbeatable, Castillo 1 aside of course!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

He's done a pretty good job of remaining unbeatable and every weight he's fought at! Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Jul 2015, 12:25 pm

This is true but I think at lightweight, he would be even better. He would be physically more dominating.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 12:32 pm

That's where he was at this best, his fastest and hardest hitting, but he wanted the big bucks and ODLH was the golden ticket that Floyd is now, taking that crown when he beat him. That course took him into the higher weights and he adapted to suit with exquisite skill and dedication.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 31 Jul 2015, 12:44 pm

It's plain to see you admire his abilities Tophat. Perhaps his recent matchmaking is what lets him down for some.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down