The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion..

4 posters

Go down

Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion.. Empty Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 9:49 pm

Never understand those that do them........

When I do a set I want to impress 100% of concentration on every push and pull ( raspberry )..Seriously I do!!......Whether you like it or not subconsciously you're thinking about doing another movement whilst you should be concentrating fully on the one you're doing If you are supersetting...

One set at a time heavy and intense as if that set means everything..is the ticket.

Also I hate reading about all this "3 sets of 12" crap you get on bodybuilding threads...

You should be grabbing a weight you know you'll get at least six out of and then pressing for your life aiming for more!!.....

If you know you're going to get 3x12 out of three sets then you're not going to the max or you're mystic Meg's long lost Son!!!

As for those wallies who say they superset Squats and lunges......well take up table tennis you're wasting your time If you can walk properly thirty seconds after a heavy set of Squats...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion.. Empty Re: Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion..

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:46 am

Surely it depends on the results you want though, Truss?

If you're not looking to gain mass then is there really anything wrong with supersets or 3 sets of 12? They'll certainly help with toning and adding definition.

I barely ever push weights to failure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion.. Empty Re: Supersets - Waste of time in my opinion..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:51 am

If you are doing high reps then you are more than likely toning and adding definition anyway..

Just think the next set is the most important one..why share it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:07 am

I don't really do supersets, so can't really compare the two.

I'll often throw a dropset in though towards the end of a workout.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

Drop sets are great....

I often do them..they are different...

Load a heavy bar do 6 and then strip the bar and carry on.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:41 pm

Truss,

As fists said above...surely its about what you want your end results to be.

I do alot of boxing..so want strength but stamina aswell...so i target my training for that.

I work low rep high weight sets for my strength i dont need to do lots of reps as i get through boxing.

However i regularly do a session where i do 2 sets of 50 reps for many exercises...works my strength endurance...excellent for boxing.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

You're welcome to disagree Mate and i'ts fairplay..

Whilst I loved drop sets and have started doing them again......you're basically doing an extended set at high intensity...

For me two different movements...means you tend to be thinking a little of what is coming next rather than complete focus on the exercise you are doing..

If it works for you...then that is what it's all about...

Your comments are most welcome........whether in agreement or disagreement..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

I dont do them myself Very Happy

Wouldnt suit my ultimate goals...but if your a body builder i could possibly see some value.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

I sometimes superset opposing muscle groups. Like do a set of dips followed by chins. Works quite well.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

Never work more than one big muscle group a workout myself...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down