The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers

4 posters

Go down

First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers Empty First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

Bit of an awkward title I know.

Is there a boxer that following the first time you saw him he done something and following that, no matter what he's done since you have a permanent dislike for him?

It could be they fought dirty or more childish things like beating your favourite fighter or even things out of their control like being gifted a decision and robbing another guy of a win.

Me, for example I saw Ward for the first time against Kessler and due to his dirty antics instantly formed a hatred for him. Since that fight he hasn't done much to make me a fan of him anyway!

Also I went to see Froch vs Dirrell, which was the first boxing fight I had gone to see live and World Title fight to boot. Dirrell running and doing what he could to make a dull fight instantly made me dislike him and have ever since.

More recently I saw the Mares vs Agbeko fight and can't see me liking Mares in the future and certainly want him to lose his next fight!

Does anyone else have examples with petty or not so petty reasons?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers Empty Re: First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers

Post by School Project Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:47 am

Nothing petty about your choices as I pretty much shadow your opinions on Ward and Mares. It comes down to how we perceive a good sportsman. Throwing 80 lowblows or headbutting a likable boxer to death is not a pleasant thing to see.

I remember seeing some mouthy little flyweight on Sky in his 2nd or 3rd fight. His nickname was Superbad, he sniffs around the Ingle gym. He thought he was a gift to boxing in his interview, it then became apparent in the ring that he thought he was Naz... I wanted him to lose so much.

School Project

Back to top Go down

First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers Empty Re: First Time Opinion Counts/Prejudice Against Boxers

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

Always wanted Degale to lose after his ridiculous entrance with that rapper, and his little fist raise in the ring after winning. Glad that one came true, and I now hope he knuckles down and makes something of his undoubted potential.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:55 am

Anthony "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr" Small...
Enough said.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down