The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

+33
No name Bertie
doctor_grey
mountain man
guildfordbat
Lowlandbrit
alfie
king_carlos
DavidJo23
Derbymanc
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
RiscaGame
Luke
hampo17
mikey_dragon
Soul Requiem
Dolphin Ziggler
Samo
Atila
TheRealDeal
Mr Bounce
Trebs
lfc91
westisbest
hornbloweroafc
rIck_dAgless
profitius
gazzyD
SecretFly
lostinwales
Galted
superflyweight
Scott is Back
37 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 6 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by Scott is Back Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 am

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:"Thor - Ragnarok"

Tino memorial rating : 7.5874 - Not seen any of the previous Thor's, but this one looked all new and shiny, so thought i would give it a whirl.

GSoE: 8.6

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 8/10 – Thor Ragnarok - Well the main man is ol' Thor, God of Thunder & all that jazz....so thats a good start. Ragnarok as a word features quite heavily, still no overly sure what it was, but it was mentioned a lot.

Michaels scale of tits OR war: Tits - one topless scene where God of Pecs shows off his rippling torso, and the Hulk gets his dimply arse-cheeks out. Not sure if i would class it as a war, but some fisty-cuffs ensued, and there was a winner, so i suppose it could be a war.... who knows, certainly not me!

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 5/10 - The wife was sent to sainsburys for some steak, and returned with the film, so it didnt cost me anything, but the Scott household took a hit of £9.99.

TattieSconesRRN-Q: "Piss off Ghost" - Said in a South African/Australian Accent, i couldnt tell which (is this racist?)

If Barry Norman had done his reviews like this he wouldn't be dead now.  

Was he murdered due to his substandard movie reviewing technique?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by mountain man Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:55 am

Whatever you do, do NOT watch The Northman.

Utter pants. Long, boring, faux mystical pap. I struggled through to obvious conclusion and that is 2hours plus I'll never get back. Avoid at all costs.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by mountain man Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:40 am

The Banshees of Inishsherin, after all the plaudits, nominations, awards, critical acclaim etc it was a steaming pile of mini donkey poo.

The emperors new clothes of film, everyone says how great is it so it MUST be good? Nope.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:10 am

That was so boring, it didn’t even get to 30 mins.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:15 am

I watched it all as thought surely something will happen but no. Yet another two hours I'll never get back.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:41 am

Banshees of Inisherin was amazing, the performances were great and Dominic as a character was both hilarious and tragic.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:42 am

Soul Requiem wrote:Banshees of Inisherin was amazing, the performances were great and Dominic as a character was both hilarious and tragic.

Really? I thought it was a boring pile of pants but each to their own. Tragic is one description I would use.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:35 pm

I The Banshees of Inisherin. Farrell's performance was brilliant especially the little facial expressions and body language. As usual Gleeson was cracking. Kerry Condon was an absolutely vital part as well though offering so much heart in her scenes. Then Barry Keoghan's turn as an important character given Dominic's tragic story puts the main premise of Colm and Padraig's friendship ending in perspective.

I didn't think it was perfect. I'd certainly rate it behind In Bruges and Three Billboards from McDonagh's work, though though as two absolutely spectacular movies. I loved watching it though, was fully captivated for the full movie and found it a movie I kept thinking about for a while after.

Somewhat similar to Last Night in Soho in 2021 in fact. Another movie that I thought had faults from a director who's work I loved but one I still enjoyed massively and kept thinking about afterwards. That said I'd definitely consider Banshee's the better of those two.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Seven Psychopaths is also very good, one of Sam Rockwell's many great turns. I'd argue that his brother John Michael has released the best film of the pair; The Guard is one of the all time black comedies.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:27 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Seven Psychopaths is also very good, one of Sam Rockwell's many great turns. I'd argue that his brother John Michael has released the best film of the pair; The Guard is one of the all time black comedies.
I only saw Seven Psychopaths the once in cinema and enjoyed it but it didn't quite grab me like his other movies. I need to give it another watch. Several friends have said they enjoyed it more on second viewing.

Rockwell is great in just about everything I've seen him in though. I think I first saw him in Galaxy Quest (one of my favourite films) and have loved his work ever since.

The Guard is terrific. Particularly the dialogue with scenes such as the payoff sequence feeling Tarantino-esque at times. I can never get round Cheadle's performance feeling out of place though. I know that was likely the point given the character but there's a few scenes where it pulls me out the moment a bit.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 am

All Quiet on the Western Front.

Suberb and devastating all in one. Simply awesome performances from cast especially Felix Kammerer.
Haunting, harrowing and utterly bleak.
Brilliant though.

mountain man

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:40 am

Watched Babylon last night.

Interesting for sure, plenty of WTF moments but also some good stuff. So much going on at times think need to watch it at least twice to take it all in.
Great performances from Brad Pitt, Diego Calva and Margo Robbi.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:50 am

king_carlos wrote:I The Banshees of Inisherin. Farrell's performance was brilliant especially the little facial expressions and body language. As usual Gleeson was cracking. Kerry Condon was an absolutely vital part as well though offering so much heart in her scenes. Then Barry Keoghan's turn as an important character given Dominic's tragic story puts the main premise of Colm and Padraig's friendship ending in perspective.

I didn't think it was perfect. I'd certainly rate it behind In Bruges and Three Billboards from McDonagh's work, though though as two absolutely spectacular movies. I loved watching it though, was fully captivated for the full movie and found it a movie I kept thinking about for a while after.

Somewhat similar to Last Night in Soho in 2021 in fact. Another movie that I thought had faults from a director who's work I loved but one I still enjoyed massively and kept thinking about afterwards. That said I'd definitely consider Banshee's the better of those two.

My thoughts on that film exactly.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:52 am

mountain man wrote:All Quiet on the Western Front.

Suberb and devastating all in one. Simply awesome performances from cast especially Felix Kammerer.
Haunting, harrowing and utterly bleak.
Brilliant though.

I actually though it was OK but nothing special. The emotional stuff was clumsy and laid on a bit thick, and (except for the tanks!) I am not sure what it added to the versions that have come before. I know enjoyment of a film like this isn't always the point but much preferred 1917.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:20 pm

1917 I found to be massively overhyped. I enjoyed it, but it seemed far, far less realistic than All Quiet on the Western Front. I haven’t seen the old versions yet but I hope to get around to it. By all accounts, the 2022 version was a little different.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:46 am

Watched Basic Instinct as found out that Mrs Superfly had never seen it and decided to right an egregious wrong.

Tino memorial rating : 9.1678 - starts at 100 mph and doesn't brake for any of the corners.

GSoE: 9/10 - Has everything you want in a film, including a fat sidekick providing comedy relief.  

HH scale of accurate titling: 5/10 - Title is fairly ambiguous and doesn't offer up the certainty of something like "Stabby Blond".

Michaels Scale of t*ts OR war: 10/10 - plenty of t*ts with bonus beaver and some fairly bloody violence.

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 8/10 - had to rent it off Amazon but came in at £3.49 and it's Mrs Superfly's account so I paid nowt.  

TSRRN-Q: most people might go for "I think she's the f*ck of the century" but I much prefer "she's got that magna cum laude p*ssy on her that done fried up your brain".

What I learned - Johnny Boz should have fired his maid for not cleaning his bed sheets more often.  The amount of cum that showed up under the black light was horrific.  Could have cracked those sheets against the wall.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:41 am

Luther - The Fallen Sun.

Not having watched any of series but I was aware of what it was about I saw this last night.

Disjointed, poor dialogue, utterly preposterous plot developments, laughable villian it was all very 3rd rate James Bond.

Don't bother is my recommendation.

Speaking of Bond, how anyone thought he was in running for that role is a mystery.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:01 am

mikey_dragon wrote:1917 I found to be massively overhyped. I enjoyed it, but it seemed far, far less realistic than All Quiet on the Western Front. I haven’t seen the old versions yet but I hope to get around to it. By all accounts, the 2022 version was a little different.

I really liked 1917 to be honest. I liked the simplicity of the plot and some of the little things which were so smart. Saw it at the cinema then went home and watched Dunkirk which I thought was poor in comparison. Very mixed about AQOTWF. I mean - TANKS - but overall definitely overhyped.

Different opinions are allowed.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:53 am

Elvis, meh film and after a few attempts I still haven't finished it. Austin Butler is great in the role though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:02 am

Watched Operation Fortune last night.

Disappointing to say the least. I like Statham, he's really at the action stuff and Hugh Grant has had a definite career upturn last few years but this film definitely below par. If it was purely action then it would have been better but played for laughs as well and it just fell flat.
Grant going for reprise of his role in The Gentlemen but not as good.

Shame as I'd been looking forward to it.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:15 am

John Wick 4.  I suspect it was for the gaming generation where nothing really matters and everything is more or less predictable.  Four films of basically nothingness.  CGI and meaningless inconsequential action.  Highly profitable to make apparently.  It was highly rated by the critics and it was the final film of the series although there will be spin-off films and television series to keep the franchise going and the profits rolling in.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:21 pm

I quite enjoy the John Wick films, not seen 4 yet but will.
Good mindless violence and fun.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:27 pm

Murder Mystery 2.
If you thought the original Murder Mystery was a shower of sh*te it’s not a patch on this garbage.  I managed to last about half an hour before calling it quits, and denying myself the opportunity of rating it a 1 on the IMDB.  So bad that, if I was locked in a room with Piers Morgan, Adam Sandler and a firearm and three bullets, I’d consider using one of the bullets on Sandler.  Would have given it a proper 606 tea society review but then I’d have to think back to the film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:44 am

No name Bertie wrote:John Wick 4.  I suspect it was for the gaming generation where nothing really matters and everything is more or less predictable.  Four films of basically nothingness.  CGI and meaningless inconsequential action.  Highly profitable to make apparently.  It was highly rated by the critics and it was the final film of the series although there will be spin-off films and television series to keep the franchise going and the profits rolling in.

I bet you're the life and soul of a party!

The John Wick films are incredible and don't rely on much CGI at all, there's an interesting documentary with Chad Stahelski where he goes into the making of the first film, it's mainly superbly choreographed stunts. I enjoy a gritty drama but equally a bit of escapism doesn't harm anyone, in fact it's good for you especially after the past few years.

Soul Requiem

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:35 am

John Wick films. Watched and enjoyed the first one but couldn't get anywhere with the second. It is probably because I am getting older and find constant repetitive silliness and predictable plot lines just a bit boring no matter how well they are put together.

The JW films are done well, at least what I have seen of them, but they are not for me.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:48 pm

I struggled to get into John Wick 2, but when I had patience I sat back down to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I still haven't finished Elvis, must be a thing with Baz Luhrmann films.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:21 am

lostinwales wrote:John Wick films. Watched and enjoyed the first one but couldn't get anywhere with the second. It is probably because I am getting older and find constant repetitive silliness and predictable plot lines just a bit boring no matter how well they are put together.

The JW films are done well, at least what I have seen of them, but they are not for me.

It's posts like this that remind me why I haven't even seen one of these movies.....

I like to go the cinema every few weeks or so but it's getting particularly tough to find something worth watching lately. I never managed to watch a full Superhero movie so that rules out 50% of offerings tbh....

I watched 65 recently.....pretty average offering and Savage Salvation....less than average revenge movie.

I think the last good movie I seen at the cinema was Dune......roll on Dune 2!

Sgt_Pooly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:19 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
lostinwales wrote:John Wick films. Watched and enjoyed the first one but couldn't get anywhere with the second. It is probably because I am getting older and find constant repetitive silliness and predictable plot lines just a bit boring no matter how well they are put together.

It's posts like this that remind me why I haven't even seen one of these movies.....

I like to go the cinema every few weeks or so but it's getting particularly tough to find something worth watching lately. I never managed to watch a full Superhero movie so that rules out 50% of offerings tbh....

I watched 65 recently.....pretty average offering and Savage Salvation....less than average revenge movie.

Agree on everything. Dune was special.

I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Everything Everywhere all at once, and it is something I am very mixed about. At least they were trying to be original but it felt like too much

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Sgt_Pooly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 pm

I'm with you on Everywhere.....started it and couldn't really get going with it.

I work with an Indian guy and I'm enjoying introducing him to past favourites that I'd forgot about. Last month we had Predestination (which was an unexpected treat) and Sicario which I thought was fantastic.

We had a bit of a breakthrough as he'd never heard of Tarantino.....let me tell you about Reservoir Dogs.....

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:21 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:

Agree on everything. Dune was special.

I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Everything Everywhere all at once, and it is something I am very mixed about. At least they were trying to be original but it felt like too much

I live in the Middle East....Arabs rarely do afternoon cinema. I managed to watch Dune on opening weekend at the Imax in an empty cinema! It was quite insane.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:29 pm

I thought Dune was okay, bit meh as it’s a remake. I have to admit, I’m not understanding everyone’s obsession with Chalamet.

I’m with you on Tarantino films all the way though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:40 pm

A remake in a very loose way though Mikey. I actually went to see it twice....and have watched it another 2 or 3 times since. I really enjoyed it.

I'm a closet Warhammer fan....and this is somewhat similar to that. I'm really looking forward to 2.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:44 pm

Chalamet is an odd one. His floopy hair annoys me but he was excellent (yet also weedy) in the King....and I thought he was great in Dune.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:28 am

I thought Dune was superb and watched it several times.

Really looked forward to Dune 2.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue May 09, 2023 9:41 am

Gaurdians of the galaxy vol 3.

Best Marvel offering since Spiderman no way home, which is really not saying alot.

The scenes of Rocket flashbacks are relly powerful, sad. Though undercut with the Marvel to much humour in next scene. The rest of the characters are there, its moving, had enough going on to keep me interested. Some of the jokes were okay, the ending is underwhelming though.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue May 09, 2023 9:51 am

Nobody, great film

Tino memorial rating : 9.6298 doesn't stop after the first ten minutes

GSoE: 9/10 - Can't fault it, even has Chris Lloyd providing violent comedy moments

HH scale of accurate titling: 0/10 -He is, alas, Somebody

Michaels Scale of t*ts OR war: /10 - No tits but f**k me it is wall to wall violence

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 8/10 - Netflix and as I use it a lot, it was basically free

TSRRN-Q: "Who am I, I'm Nobody"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue May 09, 2023 6:11 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Nobody, great film

Tino memorial rating : 9.6298 doesn't stop after the first ten minutes

GSoE: 9/10 - Can't fault it, even has Chris Lloyd providing violent comedy moments

HH scale of accurate titling: 0/10 -He is, alas, Somebody

Michaels Scale of t*ts OR war: /10 - No tits but f**k me it is wall to wall violence

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 8/10 - Netflix and as I use it a lot, it was basically free

TSRRN-Q: "Who am I, I'm Nobody"

Watched it recently. Has its moments. The fight in the bus is absolutely first class. The shootout at the end not so much, (However great it is to see Christopher Lloyd again ....). Maybe I just got too jaded with this kind of John Wick derivative stuff. Looks like it is the start of a franchise so I would expect the quality to drop off.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed May 10, 2023 2:17 am

Luke wrote:Gaurdians of the galaxy vol 3.

Best Marvel offering since Spiderman no way home, which is really not saying alot.

The scenes of Rocket flashbacks are relly powerful, sad. Though undercut with the Marvel to much humour in next scene. The rest of the characters are there, its moving, had enough going on to keep me interested. Some of the jokes were okay, the ending is underwhelming though.

Watched it a few days ago and carried on my tradition of not lasting the full way (fell asleep somewhere near the end for 15mins or so).

As super-hero stuff goes, it was fine.....the soundtrack kept me vaguely interested. I've not seen number 2 so don't know if this is the norm.....5/10.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 22, 2023 6:29 am

Air. Decent film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tino memorial rating : 0/10. I'm not dead.

GSoE: 9/10 - very enjoyable film. Matt Damon is very watchable and some other star turns. Jason Bateman is good as Rob Strasser but the real star turn is Chris Messina as Jordan's agent, David Falk. Superb amount of swearing from him. Music is great and for people of a certain age, you'll enjoy a lot of the 80's references.

HH scale of accurate titling: 5/10. I'm scoring this in the middle. Obviously it is about Air Jordan so scores highly on that regard but title is still pretty vague. A more stupid person than me (I'm thinking Galted here) might think it is a film about oxygen or breathing.

Michaels Scale of t*ts OR war: 0/10. No t*ts or war. A tremendous amount of unnecessary swearing but that isn't what this category is there for.

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 2/10. Was on Amazon which I use a lot so get my monies worth. Loses a lot of points though as my eldest son recommended it to me having watched it at the pictures not that long ago. Just wait next time you f*cking moron.

TSRRN-Q: the aforementioned David Falk character (paraphrasing) "you f*ck with me and I'll nibble your balls. I will eat your nutsack. I will f*ck your eye socket".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 22, 2023 6:58 am

I'm going to see Air tonight. I think it's about oxygen or breathing which are both important to me, so I should like the film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon May 22, 2023 7:01 am

Galted wrote:I'm going to see Air tonight.  I think it's about oxygen or breathing which are both important to me, so I should like the film.

You fool. It's actually a biopic about Phil Collins.

(I didn't understand many of Tino's acronyms, but I still enjoyed the review)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 22, 2023 7:32 am

Duty281 wrote:
Galted wrote:I'm going to see Air tonight.  I think it's about oxygen or breathing which are both important to me, so I should like the film.

Are you implying that I'm a fool?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon May 22, 2023 8:11 am

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Are you implying that I'm a fool?

Yes. It comes from the Old French word 'Fol'. But you wouldn't know this as you are a fool.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 22, 2023 10:08 am

Duty281 wrote:

Reluctant l*l out loud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:44 am

The Night Comes for Us

Tino memorial rating : 9.589 - gloriously violent Indonesian martial arts film involving several cast members from both The Raid and The Raid 2.  There's a scene in the back of a butcher's shop that will stay with me for a long time.  

GSoE: 9/10 - Whilst it probably doesn't quite have the high production values of The Raid films, it's a thing of utter joy and wonder throughout.  

HH scale of accurate titling: 3/10 - It's not the night coming for them - it's tooled up gangsters from all over South East Asia.   I'd have called it - "Call an Ambulance - This Lad's F*cked".  

Michaels Scale of t*ts OR war: 11/10 - As I said above, it's gloriously violent.  

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 10/10 - it's on Netflix and I get that free through my Sky glass subscription.  

TSRRN-Q: "Oh ya f*cker" - not a quote from a character in the film but the words I repeated at least a half dozen times. From the film:

- You're going to regret that.

- Calling her a bitch?

- No, wearing white.

Last edited by superflyweight on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 am

I watched John Wick 4 on the flight over to Calgary. Great movie. It’s between this and the first one for being the best of the series.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:24 am

I tried watching Babylon on the way home, I managed 30 minutes before switching it off. Such an annoying and uninteresting film.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:11 am

Sisu - watched with little expectation and really enjoyed it. Great tongue in cheek action...7.5/10

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:36 am

Triangle of Sadness

Tino Memorial Rating : 5.317 – watchable film in 3 parts, 1 - a couple arguing over a restaurant bill, 2 - cruise for very wealthy people, 3 – survival on an island after the ship blows up.  Bills itself as a black comedy but it’s nowhere near funny enough to be called a comedy unless you suffer from idiocy.

GSoE: 5/10 – was going to give it a 7 but the ending is ambiguous so f*ck that.  Writers and directors who chicken out of ending the film in a categorical manner deserve to have their nipples interfered with by scientists.

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 2/10 – ‘Triangle of sadness’ is mentioned in a spurious fashion so it gets a point.

michaels Scale of T*ts OR War: 4/10 – cleavage, ungraphic sex and an explosion.   Some violent vomiting.  Lead actress is doable but she died soon after the film was released which limits any potential future w*nks to drunkenness.

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 10/10 – can’t remember how we watched it but didn’t have to get up to fetch the bank card.  

TSRRN-Q: ‘I sell sh*t’

Galted
Galted
Galted

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:19 am

Galted wrote:Triangle of Sadness

Tino Memorial Rating : 5.317 – watchable film in 3 parts, 1 - a couple arguing over a restaurant bill, 2 - cruise for very wealthy people, 3 – survival on an island after the ship blows up.  Bills itself as a black comedy but it’s nowhere near funny enough to be called a comedy unless you suffer from idiocy.

GSoE: 5/10 – was going to give it a 7 but the ending is ambiguous so f*ck that.  Writers and directors who chicken out of ending the film in a categorical manner deserve to have their nipples interfered with by scientists.

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 2/10 – ‘Triangle of sadness’ is mentioned in a spurious fashion so it gets a point.

michaels Scale of T*ts OR War: 4/10 – cleavage, ungraphic sex and an explosion.   Some violent vomiting.  Lead actress is doable but she died soon after the film was released which limits any potential future w*nks to drunkenness.

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 10/10 – can’t remember how we watched it but didn’t have to get up to fetch the bank card.  

TSRRN-Q: ‘I sell sh*t’

Reading this was like being engulfed in a rhombus of happiness.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:25 pm

Took my son to see TMNT Mutant Mayhem.
He really enjoyed, being TMNT crazy.

I thought it was decent enough, but much prefer the 90’s films.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next