The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragons

4 posters

Go down

The Dragons  Empty The Dragons

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 28 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm

Kinda not for the international section but is....
Folou confirmed for Catalan Dragons....wigan confirm the following via twitter:

Wigan Warriors can confirm that their round six game against Catalans Dragons on Sunday 22nd March will now be Pride Day, as the Warriors look to support the LGBTQ+ community.

The game against the Dragons will see the Club’s players wear Rainbow socks, provided by kit suppliers hummel, and the players will wear Rainbow Laces for the game with the Club also inviting LGBTQ+ groups, both locally and nationally, to be part of the day.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski: “Here at Wigan Warriors we are committed to the core values of Inclusion and Respect. Our community foundation have a long history of supporting local LGBTQ+ groups and initiatives, and we want everyone who engages with our game to feel welcome, valued and most of all, respected. Rugby League has a strong history of inclusion, of breaking down barriers and of being an forward-thinking sport. I think that today more than any day that it is vitally important we reiterate that message. We’re looking forward to working with charities, local and hopefully national groups, to make this day a success.”

Made me chuckle but well done Wigan.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

The Dragons  Empty Re: The Dragons

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 28 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm

I thought you were talking about us then...

I think it's time everyone moved on. Is this is a case of - opening old wounds to get another one up on Folau; or just an organisation trying to send out a strong and valuable message in and out of RL? You would hope it's the latter. I suspect it's with a dash of the former too, which doesn't help heal the wounds that Izzy supposedly caused.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Tue 28 Jan 2020, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect typo)

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 28 Jan 2020, 10:55 pm

I'd agree it's a bit of both. I welcome it though. Drive the homophobes out.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:33 am

Think it's quite right that Wigan make a pointed demonstration that those sort of views are not welcome in RL either, just in case Izzy thought they were as he's been given a contract

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:35 am

Nigel Owen said he is happy to take a crash course in rugby league reffing if they need his assistance

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/rugby-evening-headlines-rivals-announce-17646308

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down