The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Italy should be in the 6 nations

+3
SecretFly
lostinwales
Brendan
7 posters

Go down

Why Italy should be in the 6 nations Empty Why Italy should be in the 6 nations

Post by Brendan Mon 10 Feb 2020, 11:50 am

As this thread always starts each year I figured I would put this in a better context then usually done.

We on here nearly always look at the top level of the men's game when looking at Italy rather than the whole picture.

The 6 Nations is the biggest annual tournament in Rugby. Italy makes up a quarter of the total population of the tournament. While they aren't all interested in it. They get about 40-50k for home games and allow the championship to get better value for sponsorship and TV then we would without them.

In the underage tournament that are part of the 6Ns they hold their own. In the Womens they are ranked 5th in the world. Expulsion from 6 Nations would mean kicking them out of all tournaments.

We would have a rest week. There is no team compared to italy to take their place. Georgia nor any of their teams have ever beaten an Italian team. Is that who people think should come up in their place.
Scotland could be argued bring less to the tournament in everything except the Mens full level (Their u20s were relegated from the u20 WC and are 8th best in Europe).

Italy's regions are improving built mainly on younger players. The Euro fight of 14/15 ruined Italy and they have had to build up again. Look at Italy pre fight and see where they were at Region and 6 Nations.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Why Italy should be in the 6 nations Empty Re: Why Italy should be in the 6 nations

Post by lostinwales Mon 10 Feb 2020, 12:09 pm

Its easy to forget that however bad their 6N results are they are significantly better than anyone else in Europe

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Why Italy should be in the 6 nations Empty Re: Why Italy should be in the 6 nations

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2020, 12:28 pm

I enjoyed the France v Italy game yesterday. Thought Italy did well. Played some nice stuff 2nd half and were good for their tries. I'm all for keeping them.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm

I even resent the question.
They is Fambily! heart Sad I love the Italians. It is anti-human, anti-beautyism to suggest they should be kicked out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:I even resent the question.  
They is Fambily! heart Sad  I love the Italians.  It is anti-human, anti-beautyism to suggest they should be kicked out.

Well said

And they have wonderful support. Travelling to any Italian match is a brilliant experience the fans are so welcoming.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:56 pm

SA are replacing Italy, aren’t they?

That would be a good move.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Feb 2020, 3:14 pm

Are SA demanding entry or requesting it?  The way it's being talked about it appears they've just decided themselves that they're coming in and shafting Italy to the kerb.

The Georgians will be most upset that mere intent to walk in was all that was needed to replace Italy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Mon 10 Feb 2020, 3:38 pm

At this point it is only rumours that SA will join.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 10 Feb 2020, 3:59 pm

Their fans are better looking than all the others (with the French coming a close second)

Only the Irish with thier accents can claim any form of special dispensation here.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 10 Feb 2020, 4:01 pm

When are SR and RC renewals coming up
Is it 2022
That will tell us alot

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down