The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
Plunky
Davie
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
George1507
I'm never wrong
superflyweight
JAS
westisbest
beninho
Soul Requiem
kwinigolfer
dynamark
navyblueshorts
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
22 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

First topic message reminder :

dynamark wrote:Kobe beef isn't that a real thing.Not familiar with the gent but Basketball is a great spectator sport in that there is a score every few seconds and always a result .
Lowry has done very  well to say the least in view of the stick he gets.Good lad

Do you think so? It's certainly a great sport to play, but it's pretty boring to watch. 75% of the game is irrelevant. It only becomes slightly interesting in the last quarter when the match is won and lost. I thinks that's the problem with American sport. They concentrate so much on there being frequent scoring, that it becomes routine and lacks excitement when they do score.
I prefer moments of brilliance in sports rather than just constant routine points.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 25 Feb 2020, 8:40 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:It was amazing. Surprised to see super still posting here, thought he would've burst into flames when Lowry sank the final putt Very Happy

It was a fine win, but he's done what I expected him to do, and will literally dine off this win for the rest of his life, and judging by his results, looks like he has been. Willett Mark 2.

Super says "Hi, nice to see you back for a bit!" in his own, inimitable fashion.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:42 pm

And here is super, on the first tee at St.Andrews:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/watch-caution-worst-shank-all-time-no-1-st-andrews

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 25 Feb 2020, 12:57 pm

Super realist wrote:
It was a fine win, but he's done what I expected him to do, and will literally dine off this win for the rest of his life, and judging by his results, looks like he has been. Willett Mark 2."

Very harsh appraisal there super, its only been 6 months. Who knows yet whether he'll sit back and rest on his laurels. I believe he will pick up more big titles here and there. With Woods and Lowry winning majors last year, it must have been something of an Annus Horribilus for you?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:13 pm

incontinentia wrote:Super realist wrote:
It was a fine win, but he's done what I expected him to do, and will literally dine off this win for the rest of his life, and judging by his results, looks like he has been. Willett Mark 2."

Very harsh appraisal there super, its only been 6 months. Who knows yet whether he'll sit back and rest on his laurels. I believe he will pick up more big titles here and there. With Woods and Lowry winning majors last year, it must have been something of an Annus Horribilus for you?

I would have thought he'd be keen to cement a space in the Ryder Cup, but his results have been so poor, and his Open win came before the points began that he's no better off for having won the Open in that respect.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:20 pm

But remember that Europe's captain is a fellow potato enthusiast, so Lowry will defo get a wildcard unless he really has a poor 2020.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 1:37 pm

incontinentia wrote:But remember that Europe's captain is a fellow potato enthusiast, so Lowry will defo get a wildcard unless he really has a poor 2020.

Can't see him getting a wildcard with the current Ryder Cup stalwarts not currently in qualification spots.
Who'd pick fat Shane over Poulter, Rose or Stenson?

I'm expecting Europe to get pumped this time. Harrington seems thick as mince and massively uninspiring.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:15 pm

Super, it is worth remembering that Shane went a bit off the boil after his WGC win and I think we both wrote him off at some point after that. He then won the Open.

His schedule has always been weird and maybe he is like a lesser Koepka, in that he can only get motivated for the bigger events?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:24 pm

McLaren wrote:Super, it is worth remembering that Shane went a bit off the boil after his WGC win and I think we both wrote him off at some point after that. He then won the Open.

His schedule has always been weird and maybe he is like a lesser Koepka, in that he can only get motivated for the bigger events?

I think it's a bit silly to compare a serial winner like Bruce, with a guy who has had a couple of "slim" purple patches in ten years as a pro.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:29 pm

Super

I did say lesser Koepka, but surely you get the idea that he might not be motivated by regular tour events?

His schedule has never seemed to be about maximizing fedex points, R2D points, OWGR accumulation etc. Remember when he used to skip the early season desert swing in Europe?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:36 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

I did say lesser Koepka, but surely you get the idea that he might not be motivated by regular tour events?

His schedule has never seemed to be about maximizing fedex points, R2D points, OWGR accumulation etc. Remember when he used to skip the early season desert swing in Europe?
I don't think Fat Shane has had so much success at any level that he'd be bored of winning any level of event.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:39 pm

Well, regardless of what level of success we each attribute to him he doesn't turn up either metaphorically or physically to most run of the mill events.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 2:42 pm

McLaren wrote:Well, regardless of what level of success we each attribute to him he doesn't turn up either metaphorically or physically to most run of the mill events.

I think he avoids the hotter venues because he's so unfit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:13 pm

Did anyone watch the panorama show last night on Mo Farah and Salazars doping?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 25 Feb 2020, 4:07 pm

super_realist wrote:

I don't think Fat Shane has had so much success at any level that he'd be bored of winning any level of event.
Can't see the issue here. Entirely up to Lowry what he wants to do and what he aspired to as a pro. If he chooses to rest on so-say laurels, up to him I reckon.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 4:11 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Can't see the issue here. Entirely up to Lowry what he wants to do and what he aspired to as a pro. If he chooses to rest on so-say laurels, up to him I reckon.

Of course, just seems a terrible waste. If you're good enough to win a major and a WGC, why not screw the nut a bit and see how good you can be, although one look at Lowry shows he doesn't care about realising his potential. Could be top 10 if he wanted to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 25 Feb 2020, 5:10 pm

Same old nonsense from you super. Did you watch the Shane Lowry documentary that came out around xmas? If not, I highly recommend it- an excellent watch.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:37 pm

incontinentia wrote:Same old nonsense from you super. Did you watch the Shane Lowry documentary that came out around xmas? If not, I highly recommend it- an excellent watch.

Not sure I could watch that annoying accent for an hour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 7:58 pm

Super

What accent do you have?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 8:16 pm

Probably similar to you Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 9:07 pm

I doubt it, you were raised in Fife. It is quite a harsh and distinctive accent.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2020, 9:58 pm

McLaren wrote:I doubt it, you were raised in Fife. It is quite a harsh and distinctive accent.

Depends where you are in Fife Mac, if you live in Peasantville, such as anywhere south and west of Cupar such as Leven, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline etc, you'll have a rough untermensch accent. St Andrews, North East Fife etc is very much comparable with a soft Edinburgh accent, almost not Scottish at all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:21 pm

So you have the untermensch accent?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 26 Feb 2020, 7:58 am

McLaren wrote:So you have the untermensch accent?

Certainly not. Have I ever stated I come from the destitute area of Fife?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 26 Feb 2020, 11:56 am

super_realist wrote:

Bit harsh on those Fife towns, are they that bad?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 26 Feb 2020, 11:59 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Bit harsh on those Fife towns, are they that bad?

Maybe not by Castlemilk, Easter house standards but they are absolute toilets to be fair.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 26 Feb 2020, 12:37 pm

incontinentia wrote:Same old nonsense from you super. Did you watch the Shane Lowry documentary that came out around xmas? If not, I highly recommend it- an excellent watch.

What's it on/where can I find it Inco?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 26 Feb 2020, 7:46 pm

Hi Roller. It doesnt seem to be available to stream anymore. It was on channel RTE here originally and then on their online player for a while after, but its not there anymore Sad

It went through his career and life, the ups and downs leading to Open victory.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 27 Feb 2020, 10:28 pm

My council have been pausing, not stopping, the new Heathrow runway at the high court today.

Reading social media, drives me wild. People don't seem to understand the judiciary. They honestly believe parliament can just do what it wants and anything goes. Then blame the judges for upholding the law!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Feb 2020, 7:49 am

beninho wrote:My council have been pausing, not stopping, the new Heathrow runway at the high court today.

Reading social media, drives me wild. People don't seem to understand the judiciary. They honestly believe parliament can just do what it wants and anything goes. Then blame the judges for upholding the law!

A completely stupid decision in regards to protesting the expansion (i'm not talking about the law). The flights will still take place, just from somewhere else in the world. These environmental crackpots' obsession with air travel is also ridiculous. Air travel is a mere 2% of the global CO2 production, exactly the same as the internet, yet I don't see them boycotting or protesting against that. Absolute morons.

They aren't so much green protestors, they seem more anti capitalist, which of course they wouldn't last 5 minutes if it were to be replaced with something else.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 28 Feb 2020, 8:04 am

Areas in my borough are being destroyed, peoples houses forcibly brought from them for under the market value. Heathrow shouldn't be expanded.

And, regarding the environmental impact, this will increase flights. It will also destroy the natural area. Fair play to the people getting a stop on it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Feb 2020, 8:09 am

beninho wrote:Areas in my borough  are being destroyed, peoples houses forcibly brought from them for under the market value. Heathrow shouldn't be expanded.

And, regarding the environmental impact, this will increase flights. It will also destroy the natural area.  Fair play to the people getting a stop on it.

It's hardly the Galapagos is it? No one buying a house under or near Heathrow has done so in order to take advantage of the "natural area" or for peace and quiet.

Like I said, the environmental morons obsession with air travel is hypocritical and completely bonkers when they ignore an excuse other aspects of CO2 which are far greater.

By the way, how are houses being bought for less than market value when the a CPO stipulates in law you are offered market value Also, a CPO is not enforceable. They cannot force you to sell.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 28 Feb 2020, 9:00 am

My original point was about the judiciary and the knowledge of people. I'm going to stay out of a environmental debate with a cultists.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 28 Feb 2020, 10:35 am

One thing that never seems to get mentioned about Heathrow is that because of the congestion (and to an extent one runway Gatwick is the same) your average arriving flight has to circle in a holding pattern for 10,15 even 20 mins. How much extra fuel does that mean is burned over the Greater London area?? That’s not to automatically say another runway should therefore be built, there could for example be a more effective redistribution to say Bristol & Birmingham. That could also have a positive effect on less cars spewing out petrol & diesel trying to get to Heathrow (although it could also work the other way).
The other issue at both Heathrow & Gatwick is one of safety, take off & landing slots are pretty much maxed out with no slack in the system. Sure I read somewhere that the slots at peak periods have something like a 3-4 second buffer so if something happens on a runway you have to have your fingers crossed the the ATCs are bang on their game.
Thing is as well, by the time a 3rd runway is build, electric planes (at least for relatively short haul flights) will be a reality.
So overall I don’t think a 3rd runway at Heathrow or even a 2nd at Gatwick would be a huge downer on the overall carbon footprint

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 28 Feb 2020, 12:35 pm

incontinentia wrote:Hi Roller. It doesnt seem to be available to stream anymore. It was on channel RTE here originally and then on their online player for a while after, but its not there anymore Sad

It went through his career and life, the ups and downs leading to Open victory.

I had a look on youtube and couldn't see it. Shame, the bits and pieces I've seen he seems a very "normal" guy and a very likable one. I saw the R&A (I think) 20 minutes on him going home for the first time after, but that wasn't much more than everyone saying it's unbelievable.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 28 Feb 2020, 12:49 pm

Big Shane seems very likeable. Hard to find any fault with how he comes across.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 28 Feb 2020, 10:38 pm

dyna,
The thing that's missing for me with VAR is that, if as tonight the defender handles and is clearly seen to have done so via VAR, then why is a Free Kick not awarded to the attacking team if, as tonight, their handball was utterly and unavoidably inadvertent?

(I'm sure Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard, to name two other recent victims, would ask the same question.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Mar 2020, 8:05 am

I'm finding it funny seeing Westerners wearing masks around town. I see Asian tourists wearing them all the time, which is stupid enough, but to see the locals wear them is pretty pathetic given that they offer no protection.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:20 am

Coronavirus picked up with a doctor at my sister cancer treatment hospital. Think should be fine, but that's a bit close to home!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:50 am

super_realist wrote:I'm finding it funny seeing Westerners wearing masks around town. I see Asian tourists wearing them all the time, which is stupid enough, but to see the locals wear them is pretty pathetic given that they offer no protection.
Not true. Doesn't protect very well as not face-fitted and infection via eyes not covered. Better than nothing though. PHE is recommending they're worn if someone is isolating etc - are they wrong?
Anyway, suspect many simply infect themselves via fingers through mediocre hand hygiene.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:52 am

beninho wrote:Coronavirus picked up with a doctor at my sister cancer treatment hospital. Think should be fine, but that's a bit close to home!
Better get used to it - it's here now and nothing is going to stop it, despite all the Government's noises. Horses and bolted stables etc...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 02 Mar 2020, 10:27 am

super_realist wrote:I'm finding it funny seeing Westerners wearing masks around town. I see Asian tourists wearing them all the time, which is stupid enough, but to see the locals wear them is pretty pathetic given that they offer no protection.

What, you mean NIOSH-approved N95 particulate-filtering respirator masks? How much background research have you done this time to come to the conclusion that yet another sub group are stupid and pathetic?

I don’t think they’re stupid even though as a 56 year old asthmatic I’m in a slightly elevated risk group I won’t be rushing out to buy one. Of course the really smart people would have went and got a hold of some serious capital a month or 2 ago and ploughed it into mask manufacturer shares, did you do that?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Mar 2020, 11:55 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Not true. Doesn't protect very well as not face-fitted and infection via eyes not covered. Better than nothing though. PHE is recommending they're worn if someone is isolating etc - are they wrong?
Anyway, suspect many simply infect themselves via fingers through mediocre hand hygiene.

Super

How do you know those wearing the masks are not just doing the decent thing for the greater good and protecting others in case they themselves have contracted the virus? Not everyone is a selfish as you.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Coronavirus picked up with a doctor at my sister cancer treatment hospital. Think should be fine, but that's a bit close to home!
Better get used to it - it's here now and nothing is going to stop it, despite all the Government's noises. Horses and bolted stables etc...

Yes, it's expected to be widespread. So be careful chaps. I'm working from home for the foreseeable. Hopefully it dies out as it warms up a bit.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:55 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes, it's expected to be widespread. So be careful chaps. I'm working from home for the foreseeable. Hopefully it dies out as it warms up a bit.
That bell-end, Trump, certainly seems to be putting his hopes on that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:09 am

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Super

How do you know those wearing the masks are not just doing the decent thing for the greater good and protecting others in case they themselves have contracted the virus? Not everyone is a selfish as you.

Mac, if you have a contagious disease a responsible person would stay at home and "self isolate". The "selfish" thing as you suggest is to go out if you think you have it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:14 am

JAS wrote:

What, you mean NIOSH-approved N95 particulate-filtering respirator masks? How much background research have you done this time to come to the conclusion that yet another sub group are stupid and pathetic?

I don’t think they’re stupid even though as a 56 year old asthmatic I’m in a slightly elevated risk group I won’t be rushing out to buy one.  Of course the really smart people would have went and got a hold of some serious capital a month or 2 ago and ploughed it into mask manufacturer shares, did you do that?

Did I mention the specific type of mask? I'm talking about flimsy things which are no better than a dental mask which have inch wide gaps around the sides.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:51 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

I don’t think they’re stupid even though as a 56 year old asthmatic I’m in a slightly elevated risk group I won’t be rushing out to buy one.  Of course the really smart people would have went and got a hold of some serious capital a month or 2 ago and ploughed it into mask manufacturer shares, did you do that?

Did I mention the specific type of mask?  I'm talking about flimsy things which are no better than a dental mask which have inch wide gaps around the sides.

No you didn’t you just spouted off without the least bit of research to back up your assertion

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Tue 03 Mar 2020, 10:26 am

I don't know about this taking doctors out of retirement to assist approach. Won't they be elderly and therefore one of the most at risk groups?

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 03 Mar 2020, 1:41 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Super

Mac, if you have a contagious disease a responsible person would stay at home and "self isolate". The "selfish" thing as you suggest is to go out if you think you have it.

There is an asymptomatic stage where you are very likely to pass on the virus because you are unaware you need to take any precautions.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 03 Mar 2020, 2:56 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:I don't know about this taking doctors out of retirement to assist approach. Won't they be elderly and therefore one of the most at risk groups?
Presumably, they're volunteering and informed on risks?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next