The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
Plunky
Davie
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
George1507
I'm never wrong
superflyweight
JAS
westisbest
beninho
Soul Requiem
kwinigolfer
dynamark
navyblueshorts
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
22 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 am

First topic message reminder :

dynamark wrote:Kobe beef isn't that a real thing.Not familiar with the gent but Basketball is a great spectator sport in that there is a score every few seconds and always a result .
Lowry has done very  well to say the least in view of the stick he gets.Good lad

Do you think so? It's certainly a great sport to play, but it's pretty boring to watch. 75% of the game is irrelevant. It only becomes slightly interesting in the last quarter when the match is won and lost. I thinks that's the problem with American sport. They concentrate so much on there being frequent scoring, that it becomes routine and lacks excitement when they do score.
I prefer moments of brilliance in sports rather than just constant routine points.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:17 am

beninho wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/south-korea-rapid-intrusive-measures-covid-19

Interesting, someone on here mentioned testing being pointless. But, ibooks like South Korea went all in, and have dealt quite well.

The UK was to slow to react, I think that's pretty obvious.

I do wonder if we are past the point where testing matters. Does it make any difference if you are tested or not? If you are unwell, stay indoors for a fortnight. It shouldn't really matter if you have it confirmed whether you have it or not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:19 am

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:But there are also people blindly accepting everything the government has said and done.

Government's should be held to account, even during these moments. I think blindly accepting is worse then questioning, especially when you can compare it to others.
With respect, just do what you're told; you have no better advice. You can analyse/criticise/vote out after this has passed.

Trying to do what I'm told, but I cant stay at home. Still have to go into work every day with hundreds in the same building.

You must have a terribly antiquated IT system and inept IT staff if you can't even remote in to your desktop, it's not remotely complicated. Remote desktop is built into Windows, you just need the settings at your work end to be configured plus a few ancillaries.

As for there being social isolation, I have never seen so many people out on the street. I went for a run the other day and I was expecting to be one of the few people around, seems like the people who usually just stay indoors stuffing their fat face and watching TV are objecting to being told to stay indoors and so in spite are going out in droves. These same idiots will be the ones complaining when they are being kept indoors by force.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:29 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/south-korea-rapid-intrusive-measures-covid-19

Interesting, someone on here mentioned testing being pointless. But, ibooks like South Korea went all in, and have dealt quite well.

I do wonder if we are past the point where testing matters. Does it make any difference if you are tested or not? If you are unwell, stay indoors for a fortnight. It shouldn't really matter if you have it confirmed whether you have it or not.

Well past the testing stage, it should have been done early and quickly. Look at our numbers compared to Germany. You need to find the hotspots and trace it to people who had been in contact. But, hey, again it looks like our government did it the way they wanted.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:31 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:But there are also people blindly accepting everything the government has said and done.

Government's should be held to account, even during these moments. I think blindly accepting is worse then questioning, especially when you can compare it to others.
With respect, just do what you're told; you have no better advice. You can analyse/criticise/vote out after this has passed.

Trying to do what I'm told, but I cant stay at home. Still have to go into work every day with hundreds in the same building.

You must have a terribly antiquated IT system and inept IT staff if you can't even remote in to your desktop, it's not remotely complicated. Remote desktop is built into Windows, you just need the settings at your work end to be configured plus a few ancillaries.

As for there being social isolation, I have never seen so many people out on the street. I went for a run the other day and I was expecting to be one of the few people around, seems like the people who usually just stay indoors stuffing their fat face and watching TV are objecting to being told to stay indoors and so in spite are going out in droves. These same idiots will be the ones complaining when they are being kept indoors by force.

Something to do with Citrix licences I'm told. Only a certain amount available within the council, cost implications obviously.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:34 am

Citrix? Good grief. Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:37 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Well past the testing stage, it should have been done early and quickly. Look at our numbers compared to Germany. You need to find the hotspots and trace it to people who had been in contact. But, hey, again it looks like our government did it the way they wanted.

You'd have to have pretty in depth knowledge of what other countries are doing in order to make judgements, it's very easy to say "what if...…", whilst it's also important to note that far more people from far more destinations have travelled to London especially than any city in Germany.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:39 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

A lot debate at the moment about Germany and their mortality rate which is far lower than anywhere else in the world, one train of thought is that they unlike many nations are testing, testing and testing. As an aside Germany has the second highest average age in the world behind Japan.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:43 am

The WHO advice was about testing. Obviously the more you test, the more positive results you will get, and lower the mortality rate. I did read that it was someone from Germany who carried it to Italy. I think, us and Germany had the first infection on similar days.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:44 am

Anyway, glad realist you are following the same path as the people in twitter. Look at all the people I saw out, when I was out. Not sure, it's a good look. Think we all have to stay home now, unless a key worker. Which annoyingly I am!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:48 am

January 27th in Germany and then the 31st for both Italy and the UK, internal transmissions are somewhat different though.

I fully understand why WHO advised to test, test and test as in theory it makes perfect but I do think most governments look at the logistics and think that maybe it isn't the best idea.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 23 Mar 2020, 9:11 am

What’s screwing up attempts at any kind of strategy is the lag, the 2 week lag from exposure to showing symptoms, during that time the individual is unknowingly a transmitter. A lot of people unfortunately seem incapable of listening to advice, listening to facts then acting responsibly based on the information given. People don’t seem capable of understanding that the social mixing they are doing now will have its effects seen more widely in 2 weeks time. The current rate of escalation is a direct result of the level of social mixing that was taking place 2 weeks ago.

Had another thought at the weekend, all those bell end hoarders Panic multi-buying essentials....hang on a minute, retail software has the ability to apply multi buy discounts at the till. Surely the capability to apply multi buy “antidiscounts” must be there as well, in other words, if 2 packs of loo rolls are allowed, charge quadruple for a 3rd one, quadruple the price of the 3rd one for the 4th one and so on...Wouldn’t be long in killing off panic buying. Also start DEDUCTING Nectar and other reward points for bonkers spending patterns. The people doing that Poopie are by nature greedy Selfish b@5t@rds so the only way to force them to act more responsibly is to hit them where it hurts, their pockets.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 23 Mar 2020, 9:26 am

JAS wrote:What’s screwing up attempts at any kind of strategy is the lag, the 2 week lag from exposure to showing symptoms, during that time the individual is unknowingly a transmitter. A lot of people unfortunately seem incapable of listening to advice, listening to facts then acting responsibly based on the information given. People don’t seem capable of understanding that the social mixing they are doing now will have its effects seen more widely in 2 weeks time. The current rate of escalation is a direct result of the level of social mixing that was taking place 2 weeks ago.

Had another thought at the weekend, all those bell end hoarders Panic multi-buying essentials....hang on a minute, retail software has the ability to apply multi buy discounts at the till. Surely the capability to apply multi buy “antidiscounts” must be there as well, in other words, if 2 packs of loo rolls are allowed, charge quadruple for a 3rd one, quadruple the price of the 3rd one for the 4th one and so on...Wouldn’t be long in killing off panic buying. Also start DEDUCTING Nectar and other reward points for bonkers spending patterns. The people doing that Poopie are by nature greedy Selfish b@5t@rds so the only way to force them to act more responsibly is to hit them where it hurts, their pockets.

It's the lack of consideration in so many ways at the moment. I have young family members with very specific dietary needs and as a collective we're struggling to source the right food for them because people who don't need it have it piled up in their cupboards.

I do agree that the supermarkets need to be using their technology to hinder such inhumanity as much as possible, there are people doing a full shop loading up the car then going round again.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:31 am

Different régimes and S. Korea remember some earlier epidemics. Korea etc aren't out of it yet - they've too many still at risk; expect 2°/3° outbreaks there. Ditto China.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:33 am

super_realist wrote:

Probably worth it, regardless, for post-pandemic analyses. Also need to it for critical workers etc - if ill, tested, but negative, they can go back to work. If positive, isolate.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:35 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It WAS done early. It was too late to catch it. Nothing like politicising a global disaster though, eh?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:37 am

super_realist wrote:Citrix? Good grief. Rolling Eyes
Nothing wrong w/ Citrix as far as I'm aware. Our lot have plenty of IT support, but remote desktop isn't behaving properly at the moment. Then again, it's Windows...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:39 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

A lot debate at the moment about Germany and their mortality rate which is far lower than anywhere else in the world, one train of thought is that they unlike many nations are testing, testing and testing. As an aside Germany has the second highest average age in the world behind Japan.
That'll be Italy won't it? Germany's 6th...

https://www.prb.org/countries-with-the-oldest-populations/
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:44 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I was basing it on average age, your over 65 stat is probably a better measure in fairness.

Total numbers show Germany 4th behind Japan, USA and Russia, unsure what to do with that information though, you could argue it suggests a healthier population.

Last edited by Soul Requiem on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:44 am

Soul Requiem wrote:January 27th in Germany and then the 31st for both Italy and the UK, internal transmissions are somewhat different though.

I fully understand why WHO advised to test, test and test as in theory it makes perfect but I do think most governments look at the logistics and think that maybe it isn't the best idea.
Seriously, it's OK for WHO to bang about testing, but it assumes capacity is there from the off. It wasn't in the UKG facilities, or most everywhere else either. As of last Friday, UKG had apparently a 5,000 per day capacity; our place alone added kit that gave an additional ~20,000 per day capacity last Friday. Other institutions have also been contributing. UKG want upwards of a 300,000 per day capacity a.s.a.p. They're testing alright. Nothing's perfect.
And, I'll say again, the horse had most likely bolted long before testing and tracing would have made a blind bit of difference here in terms of preventing spread.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:49 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I was basing it on average age, your over 65 stat is probably a better measure in fairness.

Total numbers show Germany 4th behind Japan, USA and Russia, unsure what to do with that information though, you could argue it suggests a healthier population.
...or better healthcare service.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:06 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

...or better healthcare service.

...or both?? The thing is every country will not have the same testing capability/testing strategy so it’s pretty useless to quickly calculate the ratio of those dying by those tested positive. To be anywhere approaching meaningful, you’d have to take amount tested as a %age of population then the percentage of those dead but even then the number tested would still be throwing a curveball at any meaningful comparison between countries. In some countries due to a shortage of testing capacity only the vulnerable/more likely to be infected are being tested, whereas in other countries the testing is more extensive. Even that is a moving target as testing capability is ramped up.
If we had enough kits why don’t we temporarily turn drive thru MacDonalds into drive thru testing centres. With enough of a will that could be done.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:32 am

Likely too to be a factor of how/when the virus became prevalent, and patients being tested promptly rather than, say, in Italy and the US.

Interesting that Italy has (hitherto anyway) been regarded as having a highly regarded health care service, certainly about 12% more hospital beds per capita than the US, yet corona seems to have festered there for a few weeks before they woke up to what was in their midst. Suggestions that lack of trust of officials resulted in mass complacency, at all levels.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 12:59 pm

One thing's for certain, everyone's now an 'expert' and the usual 20:20 hindsight is informing a lot of opinion everywhere....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 4:56 pm

beninho wrote:Anyway, glad realist you are following the same path as the people in twitter. Look at all the people I saw out, when I was out. Not sure, it's a good look. Think we all have to stay home now, unless a key worker. Which annoyingly I am!

One eyed as ever. First of all I was out on my own, secondly I was out running when I can make sure I am not ose to anyone.

Furthermore there is no government demand to stay indoors, the advice is to "self isolate" which I can do at home OR outdoors.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 4:59 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Citrix? Good grief. Rolling Eyes
Nothing wrong w/ Citrix as far as I'm aware. Our lot have plenty of IT support, but remote desktop isn't behaving properly at the moment. Then again, it's Windows...

Not sure why anyone would choose the notoriously flaky citrix over the straight forward Remote Desktop option. Perhaps an IT person can explain why
I've used both and Citrix has never been good.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm

To be fair to Super if he kept his distance he is not like the fools you see walking around next to each other. If you are out running well away from anyone else and you don't really touch anything it should be ok. But activities like that might end up being curtailed because the vast majority can't even manage the basics.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Mar 2020, 5:21 pm

Navy

On testing, I am not in the know enough to comment how it should have been done but it will be interesting to compare in the years to come how countries with different testing implementation fared.

Another analysis I would be interested to see done is whether Mobile phones contributed to the spread. Has there ever a been a device that we handled so repeatedly and kept on our possession so often? We must cough on, sneeze on them, pass them to others etc so often in a day.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm

McLaren wrote:To be fair to Super if he kept his distance he is not like the fools you see walking around next to each other. If you are out running well away from anyone else and you don't really touch anything it should be ok. But activities like that might end up being curtailed because the vast majority can't even manage the basics.

Cheers Mac, not sure how anyone could object to someone being out on their own when they're in contact with nothing and keeping away from other people.

I'm seeing groups of people out and about. It's madness. Of course most will be absolutely fine but it's more of who you might be passing it onto sometime soon.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 5:54 pm

It's fine if you are running in empty areas. But if you are seeing enough people to then comment on the amount of people you see, you just become another person.

You see pictures all over twitter, Facebook. People saying, look at all those people where I have also been.

I'm surprised people are out running, dog walking, cycling for more then a few minutes at a time, walk the dog round the block if needs be.. It's just a bit inconsiderate in my view. I accept others will have different views.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:21 pm

People out on their own are commenting about congregations of people, two very different things and the former is important for mental well being.

Johnson is addressing the nation later on today which sounds ominously as though lockdown is upon us.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:37 pm

beninho wrote:It's fine if you are running in empty areas. But if you are seeing enough people to then comment on the amount of people you see, you just become another person.

You see pictures all over twitter, Facebook. People saying, look at all those people where I have also been.

I'm surprised people are out running, dog walking, cycling for more then a few minutes at a time, walk the dog round the block if needs be.. It's just a bit inconsiderate in my view. I accept others will have different views.

How do you know how far away I am from them? The government advice is only to ensure you are six feet away anyway.
Who the hell goes out for a two minute cycle?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:40 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

On testing, I am not in the know enough to comment how it should have been done but it will be interesting to compare in the years to come how countries with different testing implementation fared.

Another analysis I would be interested to see done is whether Mobile phones contributed to the spread. Has there ever a been a device that we handled so repeatedly and kept on our possession so often?  We must cough on, sneeze on them, pass them to others etc so often in a day.

I don't think the phone would be any worse than money, kitchen surfaces, door handles, steering wheels, computers. Surely it's only an issue if your phone has been in contact with an infected person. As for passing your phone around, I'm not sure how often anyone does that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:It's fine if you are running in empty areas. But if you are seeing enough people to then comment on the amount of people you see, you just become another person.

How do you know how far away I am from them? The government advice is only to ensure you are six feet away anyway.
Who the hell goes out for a two minute cycle?

Well, that's my point. As it's been said, if you have no need to go out don't go. Anyway, looks like it will be taken out of everyone's hands

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:54 pm

Everyone has a need to go out Beninho. How could you not?

If there's going to be a "lock down" then I'm very glad I don't live in London (although even without that I'm glad of that)

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:58 pm

Need to go to the shops or go to work, there is no need to go running, or biking or walking the dogs. But, I'm guessing that is what the govt will say tonight. Annoyingly, I've been moved onto the critical need team at work, so will still be expected to go in.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 6:59 pm

I saw a pub, trying to sell takeaway beer to anyone with a bottle or something with a lid. Just to get around the rules. Its ridiculous.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:00 pm

beninho wrote:Need to go to the shops or go to work, there is no need to go running, or biking or walking the dogs. But, I'm guessing that is what the govt will say tonight. Annoyingly, I've been moved onto the critical need team at work, so will still be expected to go in.

Why do you have a problem with someone going out running if they are on their own and are nowhere near anyone else. Could you seriously object to someone going out into the woods or fields?
Just going to let your dog sh1t in the house are you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:04 pm

I don't have a dog.

I said no issues with running somewhere empty, but if you are running near lots of people, then you probably should be doing it somewhere else.

Walk your dog round the block, if you don't have a garden.

But, as lock down is coming, no one should go out anyway.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:06 pm

Also, if someone thinks it's ok to go running or biking, probably others will. Then you could have numbers of runners out and about. Why take the risk.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:15 pm

good point super re the dog.
my sons work mate had to go to leeds hospital a and e last week and it was apparently deserted.Maybe after this has cleared we will all stop turning up at the Gp and hospital with all manner of minor ailments .
On my one trip out to the shop today I did see a marked change of behaviour

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:33 pm

Super/Ben

I think bens argument that being part of the "crowd" sets the wrong example is probably a good point that I didn't initially consider. I don't think what Super did would physically endanger anyone in the moment but it does worry me that people see others out and about and think they can also go out. It seems like we need to break the idea that we can behave as normal. So I guess you can behave responsibly which Super probably did but some people just can't distinguish between responsible outdoor activities and those that are not.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:46 pm

I have noticed more people out running on the streets. It seems people think because they are at home they can go out. It's really crazy. I'm not saying realist went out to cause problems, I'm just saying you have to move away from what you want to do.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:51 pm

McLaren wrote:Super/Ben

I think bens argument that being part of the "crowd" sets the wrong example is probably a good point that I didn't initially consider. I don't think what Super did would physically endanger anyone in the moment but it does worry me that people see others out and about and think they can also go out. It seems like we need to break the idea that we can behave as normal. So I guess you can behave responsibly which Super probably did but some people just can't distinguish between responsible outdoor activities and those that are not.

That's probably fair enough. I think we have seen in the last few weeks exactly why half of the British population has lower than the average/median intelligence.
It's pretty incredible that anyone though can't see the difference between a solitary runner who isn't within 2m of anyone and a crown of people all out on a meander together all within 2m of each other for the entire duration.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:53 pm

beninho wrote:I have noticed more people out running on the streets. It seems people think because they are at home they can go out. It's really crazy. I'm not saying realist went out to cause problems, I'm just saying you have to move away from what you want to do.

I would agree with you if being a solitary runner was putting anyone at risk, but it isn't, and it is evidently considerably less risky than being an employee somewhere where your employers are too parsimonious to invest in suitable IT equipment to allow you to work from home.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:59 pm

I'm massively at risk and therefore so is anyone I am in contact with. But, let's not get into another austerity and cutbacks for council budgets debate.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:05 pm

beninho wrote:I'm massively at risk and therefore so is anyone I am in contact with. But, let's not get into another austerity and cutbacks for council budgets debate.

I don't even think it's really an austerity issue. The investment required is not even that much. It's more a lack of planning  and foresight by the council, rather than a lack of investment.
By foresight I don't even mean predicting a global pandemic, but there's loads of reasons why a council would need such an option.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:08 pm

I was out on Friday making an essential journey (getting meds for a vulnerable friend) and expected the city to feel like a ghost town, was it fck. People were out in droves as if it was some sort of bank holiday. I think this might turn out to be one of the most shameful and selfish periods of history.

I actually felt very angry over the weekend.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm

McLaren wrote:I was out on Friday making an essential journey (getting meds for a vulnerable friend) and expected the city to feel like a ghost town, was it fck.  People were out in droves as if it was some sort of bank holiday. I think this might turn out to be one of the most shameful and selfish periods of history.

I actually felt very angry over the weekend.

It's why I try to get shopping done at the earliest point I can in the day. Ne'er do wells and idiots don't like early starts, though there were a few standing at the door waiting for it to open.

I've also noticed more people out on the street (from the vantage point of my living room Beninho before you have a go) and I think it's the militant type of person who would normally be at home, but doesn't take kindly to being told they have to, so they go out as a mark of revolt.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:16 pm

But WTF are people playing at? Staying at home for a few weeks isn't exactly much to ask.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:18 pm

I think the very interesting maths info is re infection .So apparently the average sufferer infects daily 2.5 others(don't ask me how they know and that's a low number)normal daily life.Isolated that drops to just 1 or below so the infection numbers go exponentially high over several days with the 2.5 but creep along at the 1.Also remember the measures we may have taken this last few days will not show in numbers for another 10/14 days.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next