Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yes, there is a real chance that not all games in this years 6 Nations may be completed as Italian authorities are enforcing "no go zones" as a result of the Corona virus.

Pro 14 games with Zebre and Treviso against Ospreys and Ulster have already been postponed as well as the women's game this weekend. Now at the moment its hitting the North, but there are real concerns and questions being asked whether the Italian team should withdraw from the remainder of the 6 Nations matches, as they're players themselves are based in those regions.

Of course, this would be an upset for all us rugby fans, but we shouldn't lose sight of the bigger picture here, that being that people are losing their lives to this, so please consider that before you WUM on this thread.

Personally, I hope the 6 Nations completes, but my thoughts go out to all being caught up in this and as such would fully understand if the 6 Nations isnt completed. After all, we delayed the 6 Nations over Foot and Mouth outbreak and even cancelled previous 5 Nations over terrorist threats, so I guess we have to put it into perspective.


*** BEFORE you WUM on this thread... think***


************Update 27th Feb @ 1800hrs ***************

BBC wrote:

Officials from around the rugby world are meeting at a pre-arranged World Rugby summit at the start of next week, with Six Nations unions set to take this opportunity to continue discussions around rescheduling the cancelled games.

While France can still clinch the Grand Slam, if they were to lose one of their remaining matches then the men's Championship may not have a winner unless Ireland's game with Italy in Dublin is rearranged.

Six Nations sources have indicated that matches will only be called off in the event of a governmental directive.

While the Italy against England women's match is under more threat because it is being staged in Padua in Veneto, the virus has not yet spread to Rome, where the men's Italy against England game is taking place.

The Italy against Scotland match in the women's Championship was called off last weekend because it was being staged in the Lombardy region, which is one of the affected areas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51666898



Last edited by No9 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down


Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Pete330v2 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am

SecretFly wrote:Now we're beginning to hear that some people who have 'recovered' are showing symptoms again.

So there are two stories going around - one says it isn't really a much different virus to a common cold, most people will get very mild symptoms, you gotta be very close to carriers to get it, don't panic

...the other story is that this is a newbie and not well enough studied to work out its characteristics,  one of the main symptoms is shortness of breath (no panic there then), it lingers in the system and could reignite, not enough is known about it, nobody really knows the true source.

Hmmmm.  No panic - run for the hills!

Here's the thing:
Nobody knows exactly what this virus actually is. The reports of flu-like symptoms leads us lay-folk to believe it's a strain of flu. It could very well be but it could also very well be something else, even something much more sinister. There are reports that this thing won't leave your system a bit like the herpes or varicella virus that stay with you and in the case of varicella mutate into something different. I know these reports may be scaremongering but if true this is something that may well never go away. Is it a pandemic? I'd say it is, it's worldwide now.

We're save here on our tiny little insignificant rock though as long as we cancel the rugby matches and stay in the pubs. Ireland, the last remaining piece of hope in an ocean of panic. Who'd of think it Wink

Pete330v2

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by lostinwales on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:04 am

They know exactly what it is. Its genome was sampled weeks ago. They can test people for the illness

They are not exactly sure where it came from, although it is believed to be from a wild animal

They don't know how exactly it operates (incubation, how easy to catch etc)

It is a virus for which we don't have natural immunity

The only other thing that is certain is that it spreads so easily because symptoms can be mild (and because people can potentially spread it without showing symptoms) It was easier to stop the spread of, for instance, SARS because it was a lot easier to spot the sick people.

lostinwales

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Rugby Fan on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:17 am

Government has just recommended schools in Japan take a break until April. We were due a Spring break anyway but this will add a few weeks.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/27/national/hokkaido-coronavirus-school/

Rugby Fan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 6146
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:01 pm

lostinwales wrote:They know exactly what it is. Its genome was sampled weeks ago. They can test people for the illness

They are not exactly sure where it came from, although it is believed to be from a wild animal

They don't know how exactly it operates (incubation, how easy to catch etc)

It is a virus for which we don't have natural immunity

The only other thing that is certain is that it spreads so easily because symptoms can be mild (and because people can potentially spread it without showing symptoms) It was easier to stop the spread of, for instance, SARS because it was a lot easier to spot the sick people.

That Iranian minister's sudden discomfort  (virtually the only person we've demonstrably seen showing actual symptoms) looked pretty frightening.  The issue now is worrying about the full extent of its behaviour.  You might get it, endure it, come out the other end and then be hit by a renewal of symptoms just when your body is at a low ebb after fighting a first assault.  What organs might it long term attack/damage?  Etc, etc.

You made the only point that truly matters to concerned people; "They don't know how exactly it operates."
So for now, the 'reassurances' and smiles from experts saying things are under control can only be, to a degree, spin because the fact is they are as much in the dark about aspects of this as non medical people.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by tigertattie on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:Government has just recommended schools in Japan take a break until April. We were due a Spring break anyway but this will add a few weeks.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/27/national/hokkaido-coronavirus-school/

stay safe buddy Hug
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7695
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:28 pm

So as I just updated in the OP, Rugby Officials will be meeting start of next week to decide what action needs to be taken, and the 6 Nations will be part of that discussion.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Taylorman on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Yea we havent got it (touch wood) in NZ yet but our oz neighbours have and our Govt has been very upfront with the latest for months, as has our workplaces. It appears to have grabbed such a hold on the wider globe in enough patches that it feels like we are at a cross roads- has it maxed out?, its half life reached and its quick wide spread means it'll dilute down, or is it looking for more footholds to bunk in for the long term?

Think its time to start reducing large crowds a bit if even for the sake of being over cautious, and whats a couple of rugby matches?

Long terms Airfares are certainly looking cheaper now but whether you actually get to fly is another thing...

stay safe everyone thumbsup

Taylorman

Posts : 12273
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Cyril on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Aye, with China being so important in terms of trading to NZ the Kiwi economy is set for another major hit (along with tourism). Hard times ahead.

Hopefully this is all short term for all.

Cyril

Posts : 6979
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Taylorman on Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 am

Yep, we are already getting it. Just from Stuff International students not filling their spots at the start of the year for one. (Victoria Uni alone 15 mill loss) Port revenues projections are down, Air NZ has 69 dollar flights to Oz at the moment. 2% off the Stock exchange.

All small fry compared to some but its the trend downwards and uncertainty that is going to ensure more pain to come.

Interesting how Trump and Pence are dealing with it. One thinks warm weather will fix it, the other tried to stop a HIV outbreak with...prayer.

Between them they'll be handing out blankets and Bibles perhaps? :-)

Taylorman

Posts : 12273
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Taylorman on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm

So much for touching wood. We got our first a couple of hours after saying it, a Kiwi returning from overseas who seems to have done everything right. Got tested twice on the journey home, both negative, notified authorities here, stayed 'isolated' as much as possible- prvate car from airport etc, warned hospital was coming in, who prepared by the book, was confirmed positive and is now in good condition in isolation.

Fortunately our physical disposition in this world has its advantages I guess, even with the non stop travel.

At least one Sunwolves game is off I hear so thats going to have a ripple effect for some sides.

Taylorman

Posts : 12273
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Pete330v2 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm

France has banned gatherings of more than 5000. That's the France v Ireland game fooked as well now.

Pete330v2

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:16 pm

May as well cancel all remaining games and call it an incomplete tournament.

With Biggar’s knee injury today, could do Wales a favour as Welsh players are dropping like stones.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by whocares on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:France has banned gatherings of more than 5000. That's the France v Ireland game fooked as well now.

Technically it is indoor events that are currently banned but don’t see that one taking place anyway unless there is miracle. We have a 100 cases at the moment , expect it to be way above 1000 in 2 weeks time.

whocares

Posts : 4270
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 43
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by 123456789. on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:02 pm

It seems the writing is on the wall for almost all sporting events and contests now. I can't really see the point of running events to help spread the illness in the mean time.

123456789.

Posts : 931
Join date : 2015-10-10

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by TightHEAD on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Looks like the Government are happy to allow games/sporting events to go ahead as normal.

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5447
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Lockdown Britain

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Looks like the Government are happy to allow games/sporting events to go ahead as normal.


Yep strange one that eh... Irish Gov, stop the game to try and avoid thousands of Italians travelling and mixing with Irish hence risk spreading the virus (ie Containment). Yet, British Gov, says its OK for English fans to go to Rome, mix with thousands more Italians and risk bringing it back to the UK (British Gov version of Containment Shocked ).

You do have to question the logic.... Erm

But BoJo has taken "back control", building 40 new hospitals and employing 50000 new nurses, so we'll be ok .... Whistle Run

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Makes me shudder to think about the brain power in this government, "we are going to bring back retired doctors and nurses to look after the people that contract the virus".

Question, who is most at risk from the virus?
Answer, the elderly and infirm.

Question, generally what do you have to be to be retired?
Answer, generally getting old or infirm.

Question, if I was a retired doctor in my 60/70s, would I volunteer to go back to work treating patients that have a virus that has a strong chance of killing me, or at least making me very ill.
Answer, NO!!!!!!

Question, who would I most like to see treating the patients with the virus?
Answer, Hancock, Johnson and Patel. The first as it is his responsibility as Health Secretary, the Second because he appointed Hancock and should show a good example to others, the third for being an absolute sh!t and I cannot think of anyone else who deserves such a penance more. Well actually I can, number 2, he appointed her.

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 2765
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by lostinwales on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Mako Vunipola has self isolated as he travelled back through HK on his way back from Tonga.

lostinwales

Posts : 9342
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Soul Requiem on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:39 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Makes me shudder to think about the brain power in this government, "we are going to bring back retired doctors and nurses to look after the people that contract the virus".

Question, who is most at risk from the virus?
Answer, the elderly and infirm.

Question, generally what do you have to be to be retired?
Answer, generally getting old or infirm.

Question, if I was a retired doctor in my 60/70s, would I volunteer to go back to work treating patients that have a virus that has a strong chance of killing me, or at least making me very ill.
Answer, NO!!!!!!

Question, who would I most like to see treating the patients with the virus?
Answer, Hancock, Johnson and Patel. The first as it is his responsibility as Health Secretary, the Second because he appointed Hancock and should show a good example to others, the third for being an absolute sh!t and I cannot think of anyone else who deserves such a penance more. Well actually I can, number 2, he appointed her.

Pathetic!!!

If you're infirm I'm going out on a limb and assuming you'll say no so that's not even worth mentioning.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2092
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by WELL-PAST-IT on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Makes me shudder to think about the brain power in this government, "we are going to bring back retired doctors and nurses to look after the people that contract the virus".

Question, who is most at risk from the virus?
Answer, the elderly and infirm.

Question, generally what do you have to be to be retired?
Answer, generally getting old or infirm.

Question, if I was a retired doctor in my 60/70s, would I volunteer to go back to work treating patients that have a virus that has a strong chance of killing me, or at least making me very ill.
Answer, NO!!!!!!

Question, who would I most like to see treating the patients with the virus?
Answer, Hancock, Johnson and Patel. The first as it is his responsibility as Health Secretary, the Second because he appointed Hancock and should show a good example to others, the third for being an absolute sh!t and I cannot think of anyone else who deserves such a penance more. Well actually I can, number 2, he appointed her.

Pathetic!!!

If you're infirm I'm going out on a limb and assuming you'll say no so that's not even worth mentioning.


Explain please?

WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 2765
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:43 pm

lostinwales wrote:Mako Vunipola has self isolated as he travelled back through HK on his way back from Tonga.

Has he Shocked ... Self isolation is supposed to be for 14 days minimum... I don't think he's been back in the UK 14 days, so I doubt that.

Sorry just noticed he has self isolated, hence not available for the Eng v Wal game.. I misread what you said .. my bad.

Mind you are every air crew member flying in and out of these countries self isolating. If they are, we wont have any pilots to fly soon, so that will help containment.

Just shows what a mockery is being made of the whole thing.... And that's not me glossing over a very serious situation, just highlighting the incompetence of the Government and their so called directions to contain this.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Khouli Khan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:14 am

No9 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Mako Vunipola has self isolated as he travelled back through HK on his way back from Tonga.

Has he Shocked ... Self isolation is supposed to be for 14 days minimum... I don't think he's been back in the UK 14 days, so I doubt that.

Sorry just noticed he has self isolated, hence not available for the Eng v Wal game.. I misread what you said .. my bad.

Mind you are every air crew member flying in and out of these countries self isolating. If they are, we wont have any pilots to fly soon, so that will help containment.

Just shows what a mockery is being made of the whole thing.... And that's not me glossing over a very serious situation, just highlighting the incompetence of the Government and their so called directions to contain this.

The RFU have over-reacted, just as the media-fuelled population is beginning to over-react.

Mako is training at his club this week, after his club followed clear guidelines with regards to travel to and from places with outbreaks. Their gain is England's loss.

The Home Office guidelines are clear, its the media stoking the fires and forcing reactionary behavior by Governments and ruling bodies.

Khouli Khan

Posts : 206
Join date : 2019-11-28

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:52 am

Home Office Guidelines are clear?

As in:
1.  Nobody who attends the Italy game will catch the virus.
2.  No Italian in attendance will have the virus.

?  

It's all very good individuals deciding they want to travel.  So be it.  Freedom of choice - Home Office Guidelines.  But this virus is a killer.  Home Office can try to ease tensions to ease panic to ease business concerns etc etc... a circle of economic life, liabilities, costs, compensations etc etc.  But it does kill and quite a number of people have died in Italy.  That's true, not spin.

I understand that young, healthy people are willing to take the risk for themselves - after all, in some publicity it's categorised as mostly being equivalent to a moderate cold for most people.  Fine.  But if you catch it and pass it on, it might kill a grandparent or friend who might have underlying conditions.

"But sure getting out of bed is a risk....."

So be it.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Just on the BBC News at 1pm, it seems Italy have issued a month closure of Universities and schools, as the corona-virus grabs hold. The news also added that the Italian Government are taking decisions on cancelling sporting events. With Northern Italy being the bedrock of rugby in Italy, I'll be surprised if the Italy v England game isn't cancelled by the start of next week, to avoid the Italian rugby fans (mostly from effected areas) travelling to Rome.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Khouli Khan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:28 pm

SecretFly wrote:Home Office Guidelines are clear?

As in:
1.  Nobody who attends the Italy game will catch the virus.
2.  No Italian in attendance will have the virus.

?  

It's all very good individuals deciding they want to travel.  So be it.  Freedom of choice - Home Office Guidelines.  But this virus is a killer.  Home Office can try to ease tensions to ease panic to ease business concerns etc etc... a circle of economic life, liabilities, costs, compensations etc etc.  But it does kill and quite a number of people have died in Italy.  That's true, not spin.

I understand that young, healthy people are willing to take the risk for themselves - after all, in some publicity it's categorised as mostly being equivalent to a moderate cold for most people.  Fine.  But if you catch it and pass it on, it might kill a grandparent or friend who might have underlying conditions.

"But sure getting out of bed is a risk....."

So be it.

Yes, the Home Office guidelines are clear - and based on sound medical advice, the HO didn't make it up.

A tiny amount of people have died, an almost insignificant proportion of those infected, especially when compared to other viruses that nobody seems to give a fig about that collectively fell hundreds of thousands each year.

This over-reaction is worse than the virus ever will be, i'm willing to bet on it.

This is over-reaction, fuelled by the media

Khouli Khan

Posts : 206
Join date : 2019-11-28

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Sound medical guidelines.  Listen to it.  It's all over the airwaves - TV, radio, net.... the world over.  Sound medical guidelines and advice - blatantly contradicting each other up every alleyway this topic goes.  There can be no sound medical advice concerning a new strain of disease that most honest medics will tell you hasn't been studied enough to have a unified common opinion on.
Home Office advice is hopeful guesswork based on tiny morsels of genuine evidence collected from a situation that is fluid worldwide.

It's your prerogative to be reassured by official statements from Givernment departments.  That's your choice and feelings.  But Home Office Assurances and Guidlines are no guaranteed protection from infection for travellers, north or south Italy.  None.  So clarity is meaningless when individuals must assess their own risk instincts and act on them.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Khouli Khan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:Sound medical guidelines.    Sound medical guidelines and advice - blatantly contradicting each other up every alleyway this topic goes.  

Er, no it hasn't. The advice has remained remarkably consistent actually.


Khouli Khan

Posts : 206
Join date : 2019-11-28

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Rugby Fan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Khouli Khan wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Sound medical guidelines.    Sound medical guidelines and advice - blatantly contradicting each other up every alleyway this topic goes.    

Er, no it hasn't. The advice has remained remarkably consistent actually.

The advice has turned on a sixpence several times here in Japan. When you look at what everyone has been saying, there really is no pattern of consistency at all.

Rugby Fan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 6146
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Khouli Khan wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Sound medical guidelines.    Sound medical guidelines and advice - blatantly contradicting each other up every alleyway this topic goes.    

Er, no it hasn't. The advice has remained remarkably consistent actually.


You haven't been listening to the disparate voices of medical professionals over the weeks. Fumbling in the dark around bits of disjointed evidence - Plus - then not wanting to compromise themselves legally so watering down and using political/legal creative language to have out clauses in their opinions should anyone decide they didn't like the opinions/advise.

Anyway, we'll agree that we're not likely to agree on this topic, Khan.


SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Sky news just announced the Italian Government has taken the decision, that all games in Italy , including Italy v England to be played behind closed doors..ie no fans.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Pot Hale on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

A sensible decision by the Italian Government and its medical advisors.

No one should underestimate this virus and its ability to take a firm hold in the general population without restrictive measures, and further stringent public health decisions.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Shuffling

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by bsando on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:35 am

Looks like it has been postponed now. Does that mean we could have a scenario where England or Ireland need to beat Italy to officially win the 6N assuming results go against the other title contenders? Would be bit of an anti climax.

bsando

Posts : 2748
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am

Maybe, but its not been "officially" postponed yet..

This still seems to be in the air.... It seems the Italy rugby arent happy about it being played behind closed doors as they will loose a sh!t lot of money.... But no formal decision on postponing has been made. However, the Italian Government decision on all events being played without fans, has been made and the 6 Nations have no option if they want to play the game (in Italy).

Broadcasters have already decided to cover it remote, so wont travel to Italy. I guess the camera crew covering will be local.

So we have to wait to see if the Unions agree to postpone, rather than play in an empty stadium.

The 6 Nations and Unions are meeting today to decide the outcome of these games... So expect decision on whether to play behind closed doors or postpone later today...

They really should announce their formal decision as soon as possible, as those who have bought flights and hotels need to cancel to try and get some refund. Sooner they can cancel the better the chance. Unless of course you booked a FlyBe flight, in which case your decision has been made for you.


No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Its now official... Both Italy remaining games.. POSTPONED..

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2020/03/05/six-nations-statement-on-italy-v-england-games-weekend-13-14-15-march/

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by TightHEAD on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm

So glad I offloaded my tickets to my mate a month ago. Laugh
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5447
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Lockdown Britain

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Soul Requiem on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 pm

TightHEAD wrote:So glad I offloaded my tickets to my mate a month ago.  Laugh

Way to impress some strangers online with a rather pathetic lie.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2092
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:11 pm

"Pathetic lie"?  
That's a bit heavy, ain't it.  

The lad's just horsing around, innit.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by TightHEAD on Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:15 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:So glad I offloaded my tickets to my mate a month ago.  Laugh

Way to impress some strangers online with a rather pathetic lie.

Why so Salty? laughing

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 5447
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 58
Location : Lockdown Britain

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by tigertattie on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:59 pm

SecretFly wrote:"Pathetic lie"?  
That's a bit heavy, ain't it.  

The lad's just horsing around, innit.

Oh dear, we'll be talking about Tesco lasagnes now!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7695
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:23 pm

tigertattie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:"Pathetic lie"?  
That's a bit heavy, ain't it.  

The lad's just horsing around, innit.

Oh dear, we'll be talking about Tesco lasagnes now!!!

?

Shoed hooves found in beef again? Shocked

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:50 am

Women’s Sco v Fra postponed as player has symptoms. Was really surprised the Dragons played Treviso last night, given Treviso is in Italy’s “red” zone. And before I get the played in Newport, I know that, but the Treviso team are still based in North Italy, live in that area, train there, etc. That’s not really helping containment is it.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

Also, for those who say flu kills more, it kills 0.1% of those who catch it. Government figures for Coronavirus says it kills between 1 an 2%. But that figure is flawed, as that is worked out against numbers currently have it, it should be worked out against outcomes. So should be the %age deaths against those who no longer have it (ie survived and died). That figure is actually 6%, which is a little more alarming.

This, I’m sad to say is going to get far worse, and I can see far more games being cancelled.

Can’t see 6 Nations completing this year, so fingers crossed France will get the Slam so there can be one doubt on who won.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by RiscaGame on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Treviso have stayed in the UK for the past two weeks or so. Their supporters were told not to travel and judging by the crowd, none did.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3406
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by No9 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Risca... OK

Guess that makes sense then, I didn’t know that.

No9

Posts : 1604
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by RiscaGame on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:06 pm

I didn’t either, until yesterday so it’s not common knowledge.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3406
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 pm

No9 wrote:

Can’t see 6 Nations completing this year,  so fingers crossed France will get the Slam so there can be one doubt on who won.

Sorry to put a damper on the wishes of your fingers, 9, but my fingers are crossed that we beat them - well...... if it's played at all of course.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by whocares on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:22 pm

Following announcement to ban unnecessary public gatherings of 1000+ people, France - Ireland game is quite likely to be postponed . Confirmation tomorrow morning .

whocares

Posts : 4270
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 43
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by tigertattie on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Escalating numbers of cases is starting to show that this virus could be in for the long haul. Games may but even be rearranged. England may be getting the trophy posted to them
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7695
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 pm

whocares wrote:Following announcement to ban unnecessary public gatherings of 1000+ people, France - Ireland  game is quite likely to be postponed . Confirmation tomorrow morning .

Perfectly understandable.  But it feels so strange to have become mere observers of this Six Nations.  The players must feel so bloody wound up at this point.  Last game a bad loss.  And since then - training training, training but no release valve in view.  They must be crawling up walls with the itch.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Dirtydave on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:56 am

I did mention the likelihood of the France ireland game being low.

As I stated, the 6N is all but over, ireland will get 4 point, France england 2 each, leaving all 2 on 15? France ahead on PD?

Scotland beating Wales by 5 points and by a big margin could land them the trophy?

Dirtydave

Posts : 276
Join date : 2019-10-25

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by SecretFly on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:00 am

Dirtydave wrote:I did mention the likelihood of the France ireland game being low.

As I stated, the 6N is all but over, ireland will get 4 point, France england 2 each, leaving all 2 on 15? France ahead on PD?

Scotland beating Wales by 5 points and by a big margin could land them the trophy?

Shocked

The WillyWanka Six Nations 2020.

........ Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament. - Page 4 Empty Re: Risk 6 Nations may not complete this years tournament.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum