The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red

+2
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
6 posters

Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red Empty The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 03 Apr 2020, 12:21 am

So far I have the following involved:

Beer
Jules
Jimbopip
TigerTattie
Galted
RDW
Rickles
Samo
Soul Req
PJ
Risca
Superfly
Luke
Crimey (is this your first entry?!)
King Carlos
CountMeIn
Guildford? (Or just in the stands, sipping Pimms and pretending it's all cricket?)
JDizzle
Me

There may be more, I shall reach out to Marky at the very least, whilst famous Twitter celebrity Jeff has been contacted.

I will give you a little time to contemplate Round One's pick. With so many people, I'd ideally like FIVE choices, in order of preference. The first category is most appropriate or apt lockdown song. I don't mean best song or one you want on repeat, I mean one that best describes this old lockdown situation.

PMs to me directly, please. I will go in random order for the first round, but after that the order of selection/priority goes to people lowest in points. This can take some time to organise even with low numbers, so please try and give me many alternatives and keep an eye on your inbox. It won't go as quickly as the last competition because I'm going to start with a herd mentality to this thing, assuming that science is wrong and it won't catch on fast.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Apr 2020, 10:16 am

This is my first entry - I've never been cool enough before.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round reveal - look for the big font that's in red

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:12 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:So far I have the following involved:

Beer
Jules
Jimbopip
TigerTattie
Galted
RDW
Rickles
Samo
Soul Req
PJ
Risca
Superfly
Luke
Crimey (is this your first entry?!)
King Carlos
CountMeIn
Guildford? (Or just in the stands, sipping Pimms and pretending it's all cricket?)
JDizzle
Me

There may be more, I shall reach out to Marky at the very least, whilst famous Twitter celebrity Jeff has been contacted.

I will give you a little time to contemplate Round One's pick. With so many people, I'd ideally like FIVE choices, in order of preference. The first category is most appropriate or apt lockdown song. I don't mean best song or one you want on repeat, I mean one that best describes this old lockdown situation.

PMs to me directly, please. I will go in random order for the first round, but after that the order of selection/priority goes to people lowest in points. This can take some time to organise even with low numbers, so please try and give me many alternatives and keep an eye on your inbox. It won't go as quickly as the last competition because I'm going to start with a herd mentality to this thing, assuming that science is wrong and it won't catch on fast.

So I'm in it twice Shocked Do I get double points each round?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:40 am

Good to see we haven't got to Round One yet and Flipper has already ballsed it up!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:47 am

That could be an incredibly good Simpsons reference, especially as he's Jimbo, or nonsense.

My inbox was full, I have received picks from:
Well past it
Crimey
Beer
Samo
Soul
Guildford
PJ
Risca
Rick
J Dizzle
Luke
Jimbo

Anyone who sent after about 10:25, or isn't on that list but has sent, will need to send again

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 03 Apr 2020, 12:39 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:That could be an incredibly good Simpsons reference, especially as he's Jimbo, or nonsense.

Fecc… it don't even get the references in the warm up banter. picard

I feel I should consider changing my user name to Oblomov.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 03 Apr 2020, 3:34 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:That could be an incredibly good Simpsons reference, especially as he's Jimbo, or nonsense.

Fecc… it don't even get the references in the warm up banter. picard

I feel I should consider changing my user name to Oblomov.

Just stick to Grandad!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 04 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm

I'm kicking myself because I have submitted my 5 chewns but then realised I should have included the theme tune from Cheers.

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name "
picard

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 Apr 2020, 4:58 pm

Can I change my number 2 pick to number 1 please?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 04 Apr 2020, 6:41 pm

jimbopip wrote:I'm kicking myself because I have submitted my 5 chewns but then realised I should have included the theme tune from Cheers.

picard

I still not entirely sure I know what I’m doing jimbo. In general terms as well as on here.

All I know is I’ve picked five songs then this morning I was doing the housework and T’Pau came on. I’m now wondering if I should have picked that song but then maybe it would be too crass.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 04 Apr 2020, 11:38 pm

Too crass ! ! That was my number 2.
And 3

And 5.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 04 Apr 2020, 11:43 pm

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I'm kicking myself because I have submitted my 5 chewns but then realised I should have included the theme tune from Cheers.

picard

I still not entirely sure I know what I’m doing jimbo. In general terms as well as on here.

All I know is I’ve picked five songs then this morning I was doing the housework and T’Pau came on. I’m now wondering if I should have picked that song but then maybe it would be too crass.

Tigertattie , I was telling MrsPip about this post and she laughed and said,
"China in my hand"?
I looked puzzled and said
"You take my breath away, surely?"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 05 Apr 2020, 12:37 am

All I’m saying is take my breath away was done by Berlin.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 Apr 2020, 12:57 am

Ah, right you are Ted. You being older than me, you'd be the fella to know about the early 80's then. Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 05 Apr 2020, 11:31 pm

Nah Jimbo I just grew up in them. Those were the days.

Outside playing.

No games consoles.

No pissing off to Tenerife 6 times a year.

The air was clean.

The water had less chemicals in it.

When a girl came near you you ran away.

Girls came near you.

No social media to be trolled on.

Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn were less influential but still erses

China in your hand was a song to slow dance to and not something you had to put in a tissue, bin it then wash your hands for 20 seconds
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down