The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
BlueCoverman
skiddy
Davie
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
Roller_Coaster
George1507
pedro
I'm never wrong
westisbest
McLaren
JAS
dynamark
navyblueshorts
beninho
Soul Requiem
super_realist
21 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2020, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm fine with immigration of people who bring value to the country in one way or another, who wouldn't be? What I'm not in favour of is people who bring nothing to the country in terms of skills, education, money etc. I wouldn't expect the many millions of useless Britons to be able to go the other way either just for balance.

What policy is has actively being engaged to stop people of a particular race unable to enter the country anyway? I've not seen any.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 May 2020, 2:18 pm

dynamark wrote:Im not saying it was correct thing to do much better to have stayed in his house /flat in London and relied on local support if there was any available. But its only because of the 4 hour drive anyone cares. None of us know just how poorly they were anything specific about the youngster and I think Boris being very sick at the time may have put the wind up.
Plenty of folk have worked thru this plenty gone to live with sick relatives in another home for care reasons important thing when sick or a member of household sick is to do the 7 and 14 day isolation routine. I'm much more concerned about that than where or when
Not so; sorry.

The other thing about this that smells is that he could only do this because his wife is a Baronet's daughter, they're loaded and they seem to have had a spare house lying around. If you want a nation to adhere to some important rules, you don't allow people to do things that the plebs can't do by way of a lack of cash. One rule for all, w/o fear or favour.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 24 May 2020, 2:21 pm

Like Prince Charles that the public cared so much about?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 May 2020, 2:23 pm

dynamark wrote:DC wasnt putting anyone at risk assuming he didn't wander around a service station  for 20 minutes.The Scottish lass was pictured out and about and fergusons  lass was coming and going(literally).Cummings may well go for this to put a line under it but he can still use the phone to Bossa.
Ive just been to my sons to cut the grass in front of his new house he wasn't there I didn't come within 10 yards of anyone will I resign from my job ?Got me exercise and did my head a bit of good rather than watching more tv
picard Don't you get it? Seriously?

He's a selfish ****. For example, wtf would he have done had he had an accident/breakdown on the way? What would he say to the cops/paramedics who turned up? His FU attitude to anyone that questions him is another reason he deserves everything that's hopefully coming to him.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 May 2020, 2:28 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Like Prince Charles that the public cared so much about?
Jesus wept. For one thing, he's not part of UKG designing policy for the bloody Nation and then being an utter hypocrite w/ his own behaviour. Secondly, I thought what Charlie did was pretty poor (don't make assumptions about others based on your own views) but he can hardly be sacked, can he?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 3:37 pm

https://twitter.com/RefractionsJs/status/1264292565752385541?s=09

This is interesting, in that it shows that not a lot if truth is coning from the government or cummings

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 24 May 2020, 3:39 pm

I definitely think Cummings was in the wrong, but using Twitter isn't proof Beninho.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 3:53 pm

Its just a thread, pointing out the various, inconsistencies from the various parties. I think its pretty interesting when looked at.

He's clearly in the wrong though. But, does johnson ride it out and people just think he's a weak leader with something to hide or does he get rid, and make them all look like suckers.

Its actually a tricky decision for him.

And who goes out tonight to face the press? Not Grant again. Does Johnson act like the leader and step up?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 4:03 pm

Oh, it seems johnson is doing it. This will be interesting

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 24 May 2020, 4:11 pm

These daily presentations have become a waste of time. No decent information and terrible journalists asking the same rubbish questions day after day.

Move it to once or twice a week.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 24 May 2020, 4:19 pm

super_realist wrote:These daily presentations have become a waste of time. No decent information and terrible journalists asking the same rubbish questions day after day.

Move it to once or twice a week.

That may be so super,
But this should be a good one.
He's pretty much either got to say DC has tendered his resignation.
or:
Defend the indefensible.
There's a point also at which he has to justify the protestations of his cabinet who came to bat for him yesterday. Either that or throw them under the bus.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 4:40 pm

Rumours that he'll just announce an inquiry and refuse to answer any questions until its completed. Will take months. It seems the Priti inquiry is still ongoing. As are a few more.

Sweep it under the carpet type thing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 5:05 pm

Sticking with his man.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 24 May 2020, 5:34 pm

beninho wrote:Sticking with his man.

Looks like a gamble that DC is not telling porkies about other alleged "sightings", breaking of lockdown rules. If they are substantiated, positions of both would now be untenable.
Don't think I'd trust either of them but millions do. Apparently.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 May 2020, 5:55 pm

Frankly, I'm shocked at what I just witnessed. I'm doubly annoyed, as I should not have been surprised. Utter ***t. How dare you insult me, as a father, and imply I'd be equally as dumb.
Couldn't even say that it was a mistake, but perhaps and understandable one in hindsight.

**** off!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 24 May 2020, 6:23 pm

Its an insult to every person who has put up with a lot over the last 2 months. We follow rules they can follow instincts

If, you trust and accept this, frankly you are a mug.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 25 May 2020, 9:13 am

Navy for a so called moderator you seem to be getting very angry and loosing the plot somewhat.
Its seems like class war and envy which is a shame.
What did people do who were say working away from home and got sick -got into transport and went home.What about folks on holiday having to isolate when they returned home they travelled to home or a hostel situation in some cases.
I get a feeling there may be something more complex with the youngster that is not public domain-just a feeling.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 10:07 am

Class war and envy? Wtf?

I've read, the compliant journos now saying, that throughout we could go anywhere we wanted for a walk or excericise. This is not what I understood. But again, treating everyone like mugs.

Unfortunately some poor saps are accepting it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 10:24 am

Part of the issue that annoys me most is the way the public, media and leaders are playing party politics and exhibiting mass hypocrisy.
It's all very well for Starmer to rightly have a go at Boris for not sacking Cummings but he hasn't even been condemnatory of the MP's in his party who have done exactly the same.

The SNP blowhards were for once silent when the CMO was undergoing her issues yet they are being rabid now its a different party to theirs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 25 May 2020, 10:28 am

Off Corona topic. How ridiculous is the fact that a Formula 1 racer taking part in one of these SIM races, got an expert gamer to take his place. What's with some people? He was sussed because his gamer had his face blurred or something.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 10:35 am

I'm never wrong wrote:Off Corona topic. How ridiculous is the fact that a Formula 1 racer taking part in one of these SIM races, got an expert gamer to take his place. What's with some people?  He was sussed because his gamer had his face blurred or something.

Formula E. The guy was fined €16,000.

I tell what lockdown has brought back into my life, football manager!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 25 May 2020, 10:39 am

He was formula E driver not a top guy but naughty.F1 guys are notorious for rule bending do you remember when Briatore asked his driver to crash on purpose to get a safety car out to help his other driver.
Super did I hear that a labour MP went to a large funeral gathering and another a birthday party.
Cant see them in the gallows.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 10:42 am

The most shameful part of the Cummings affair is that the UKG did not clarify to the public what was allowed during lockdown. We now know it was acceptable to make any journey if you deemed it necessary for family issues.

When the UKG became aware of people not going to visit dying loved ones or family members in crisis during lockdown shouldn't they have put out information to the public making it clear they could actually make journeys and break lockdown in those circumstances?

Instead they let people sit at home like mugs. Meaning Boris should go.

Or Cummings broke lockdown laws and now both he and Boris should go.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 10:46 am

incontinentia wrote:Cummings seems like an arrogant pup, lecturing reporters on social distancing outside his house was pretty rich. Between Brexit and coronavirus the UK political system does seem to be an absolute farce.

We are fast becoming a laughing stock in the way we used to laugh at the USA.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 11:08 am

McLaren wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Cummings seems like an arrogant pup, lecturing reporters on social distancing outside his house was pretty rich. Between Brexit and coronavirus the UK political system does seem to be an absolute farce.

We are fast becoming a laughing stock in the way we used to laugh at the USA.

Still plenty to laugh at America for.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 May 2020, 11:32 am

Or cry . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 25 May 2020, 1:02 pm

I wonder if Cummings is going to fall on his sword.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 1:10 pm

Channel 4 have apparently sent a reporter to Durham. You couldn't make it up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 1:57 pm

My mp now tweeting out the cut and paste cchq response, almost identical to many other mps.

Treating people like idiots.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:04 pm

Have you got rabies Beninho?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 May 2020, 2:05 pm

The actions of Cummings himself don't bother me but the statements of the cabinet however do and I fully understand why so many are feeling so irate at this, we're talking about an unelected aide who should not be defended by the elected. The visuals rather than the reality are the big problem.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:11 pm

super_realist wrote:Have you got rabies Beninho?

Don't think do, have you got Aids?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:12 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:The actions of Cummings himself don't bother me but the statements of the cabinet however do and I fully understand why so many are feeling so irate at this, we're talking about an unelected aide who should not be defended by the elected. The visuals rather than the reality are the big problem.

It has been handled so badly. Maybe this is why they don't want him gone, if this is how they deal with it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:20 pm

beninho wrote:

Just wondered where all this over the top frothing at the mouth has come from. I notice you haven't had such similar righteous indignation about members of the Labour Party doing the same. I wonder why? If you are being consistent than Stephen Kinnock should be sacked from the shadow cabinet right?

For the record at the very least there should be an inquiry into any politician or government aide who is flagrantly caught breaking lockdown rules, but it seems that you only care if they happen to be politically opposed to you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:25 pm

Stephen Kinnock visited his parents as did Jenrick. Tghe other guy, watched a funeral from a distance. All probably against what we were told we shouldn't have done. Though unsure now on Kinnock or even Jenrick, as sone are saying it was fine to drive anywhere.

But, and I'm unsure if you have noticed, this is the man behind the whole policy. Who has been involved in everything that people have been told to do. People have not seen family, dead or alive. Because of what they said.

You may not think that different people have different responsibilities and are treated differently. But, I do.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 25 May 2020, 2:29 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:The actions of Cummings himself don't bother me but the statements of the cabinet however do and I fully understand why so many are feeling so irate at this, we're talking about an unelected aide who should not be defended by the elected. The visuals rather than the reality are the big problem.

They do bother me as he quite blatantly bent his interpretation of the rules to suit himself. If it could be confirmed that Cummings asked his local authority about child care provision in a potential emergency, if it could be confirmed that he had asked relatives about coming to him to pick up the kids then maybe, just maybe he might have had a leg to stand on but no...to pack a symptomatic wife and himself into a car to drive 260 miles with a 4 year old is NOT in any way compliant with the lockdown in place at the time. What about the potential of a breakdown, piss stop, accident?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 May 2020, 2:29 pm

You're either against them all or against none, you can't pick and choose what offends you.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 May 2020, 2:33 pm

No evidence either that Kinnock was contaminated when driving, with at least one hitherto virus-free in the vehicle, 260 miles.
Not exactly the sort of child care one would normally advocate.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:33 pm

beninho wrote:Stephen Kinnock visited his parents as did Jenrick. Tghe other guy, watched a funeral from a distance.  All probably against what we were told we shouldn't have done. Though unsure now on Kinnock or even Jenrick, as sone are saying it was fine to drive anywhere.

But, and I'm unsure if you have noticed, this is the man behind the whole policy. Who has been involved in everything that people have been told to do. People have not seen family, dead or alive. Because of what they said.

You may not think that different people have different responsibilities and are treated differently. But, I do.

Wrong again, it was scientists who were behind the formation of
the policy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:37 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Stephen Kinnock visited his parents as did Jenrick. Tghe other guy, watched a funeral from a distance.  All probably against what we were told we shouldn't have done. Though unsure now on Kinnock or even Jenrick, as sone are saying it was fine to drive anywhere.

the  policy.

You still believe they followed the science? You gullible bastrd.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:39 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:You're either against them all or against none, you can't pick and choose what offends you.

Of course, you can when things are different. Things aren't always the same.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 May 2020, 2:40 pm

beninho wrote:

I doubt it unless you can get it off a toilet seat.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:42 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:

I doubt it unless you can get it off a toilet seat.

You probably married the first person stupid enough to shag you Mac so I won't take any information about STD's from someone with virtually no sexual experience.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:43 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

the  policy.

So no country did either then? Wasn't so long ago you were telling us he'd immunity was Cummings policy, so how can he behind the current one?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 2:51 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

the  policy.

So no country did either then?

I'm not as au fait with other countries, my language skills are very poor, I only speak and read English.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 2:57 pm

Well let's look at Ireland shall we? They had their first case before us and went into lockdown after us. Did Cummings design their policy on it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 3:01 pm

Thats your argument?

You, think The chief political advisor to the government has had no input on the political decisions made by this country, because we have broadly a similar way of dealing with the pandemic?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 3:03 pm

beninho wrote:Thats your argument?

You, think The chief political advisor to the government has had no input on the political decisions made by this country, because we have broadly a similar way of dealing with the pandemic?

I think you are pretty naive to think that he has a finger in absolutely everything or that his influence is as great as you seem to think.
You claimed he was directly behind the policy, so stop trying to change your position, I think its likely that the scientists had the greater input as the policy is the same in Britain as it is in virtually every other country in Europe.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 25 May 2020, 3:07 pm

I think he us behind every decision the vountry makes. I don't think the pm would sign off on anything without consulting dc. He is arguably the second most powerful man in British politics. You think that all senior cabinet members would have come out like that for anyone. The pm would have done that conference for anyone else?

My position remains unchanged.

I wish, I had you belief. Maybe its being in sleepy svottush backwaters keeps you insulated. I wish I could be so believing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 May 2020, 3:09 pm

You should probably stop drinking during the day Ben, we might be able to understand what you type better.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 25 May 2020, 3:41 pm

4pm kick off

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next