The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY

+4
thegooch7
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY  Empty SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 06 Sep 2020, 2:54 am

SURREY HAVE NAMED A 13 MAN SQUAD THAT WILL GO INTO THE FINAL BOB WILLIS TROPHY GAME OF THE SEASON AGAINST SUSSEX AT THE KIA OVAL THIS SUNDAY.
Jamie Overton could be in line to play his red-ball match for Surrey, while Laurie Evans misses out due to an agreement between Surrey & Sussex. Rolling Eyes
Club captain Rory Burns will play his first four-day game of the season for Surrey after playing all six home Test matches this summer.
Worcestershire seamer Adam Finch is back with Surrey after impressing against Essex & Kent earlier this season.  OK  Jack Plom, another England U19s seamer, joins on loan from Essex for this match.  picard
Sam Curran, Tom Curran & Jason Roy remain with England for the ongoing white-ball series with Australia.
Jade Dernbach is absent with a groin injury. All-rounders Jordan Clark (foot and ankle) and Rikki Clarke (hip) are out. Nick Kimber (knee) and Liam Plunkett (hamstring) are also out of contention for this match. Doh
Conor McKerr (knee), Morne Morkel (ankle), Ryan Patel (knee) & Ollie Pope (shoulder) are out for the rest of the season.  Sad  Sad
There is no place in the squad for Gus Atkinson or Matthew Dunn  Headscratch
FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (c)
Hashim Amla
Scott Borthwick
Adam Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Daniel Moriarty
Jamie Overton
Jack Plom
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
James Taylor
Amar Virdi
Probably Moriarty and Taylor to miss out or maybe Borthwick leaving Jacks to be the 5th bowler hard to call this one.
As i said on the general thread the plom loan deal is ridiculous why are we not playing Atkinson or Dunn  Headscratch
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 06 Sep 2020, 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY  Empty Re: SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY

Post by guildfordbat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 10:53 am

Hi JimBob - completely with you about Plom. The guy has just signed a contract for next season with Essex so, assuming he plays, it's him and Essex who are the ones to potentially benefit. Our Bob Willis Trophy campaign is already dead in the water so we should give some experience to our own players.

My guess would be that we'll leave out a batsman and a bowler. Perhaps Stoneman and Taylor.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY  Empty Re: SURREY VS SUSSEX BOB WILLIS TROPHY

Post by guildfordbat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 11:01 am

Meaker named in Sussex's 14 man squad. Hope he makes the cut. It was time he moved on when he did but I always liked him. He always played the game the right way and produced some good returns when at his peak.

guildfordbat

James100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sun 06 Sep 2020, 11:20 am

Must be some kind of fitness with Atkinson & Dunn surely? Both have looked much better than Taylor from what I've seen this season

James100

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 06 Sep 2020, 12:39 pm

Plom Rolling Eyes and Stoneman miss out, which probably means rocky wont play for Surrey again.
Surrey lose toss and bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 06 Sep 2020, 2:48 pm

Moriarty with the breakthrough Sussex 102 for 1

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 4:18 pm

Been out since just before the start until now. Sussex 159/2, not a great score for us.

Taylor 0/16 off 2 overs and then yanked. If Dunn or Atkinson are fit, I don't understand his selection.

Plom taken on loan, put in the squad and then left out of the eleven. Don't understand what was going on there either.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 5:01 pm

Yet again Borthwick (0/14 off 3 overs) gets a go with the ball before Jacks. Something else I don't understand!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 06 Sep 2020, 6:25 pm

Awful day yet again team selection all wrong thankfully only 3 more days of this competition Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 06 Sep 2020, 6:39 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Awful day yet again team selection all wrong thankfully only 3 more days of this competition Rolling Eyes

Absolute mess.

Wasn't convinced either by Virdi's dismissal of Rawlins. Looked a bump ball.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Sun 06 Sep 2020, 11:30 pm

Excuse my ignorance chaps, but is Topley exclusively a 1 day cricket signing

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:14 am

Time for one of my occasional posts although I always read all your Surrey based comments.

I'll start by agreeing with those that have expressed bewilderment at the loan signings of Cullen and Plom. Trying to make sense of it I can only assume Dunn is unavailable although he doesn't seem to be included in the casualty list on the official website. Speaking of which, no one ever seems to come off that list. It would be useful if Clarke or Clark could perform a Lazarus as we cannot go on with Overton at seven and three or even four number elevens as we have in this game.

With the priority understandably being on the T20 maybe Atkinson and Topley are being rested. Sadly I think it would be a risk playing Topley in red ball cricket at anytime although I think he wants to play the longer form of the game too.

In response to Guildford's most recent post it looks to me as if Rawlins may have hit the ball into his boot and it rebounded to Jacks although I'm not at all certain.

Let's hope Surrey can finally put some runs on the board in this match before continuing their surprising good form in the Blast.

Voice of the Beehive

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 3:10 am

thegooch7 wrote:Excuse my ignorance chaps, but is Topley exclusively a 1 day cricket signing
yes Gooch 1 day only

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:40 am

Not sure Topley could get through a red ball game anymore could he? Bit similar to Tymal Mills at Sussex
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:39 pm

2 wkts for Taylor Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon 07 Sep 2020, 1:38 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
thegooch7 wrote:Excuse my ignorance chaps, but is Topley exclusively a 1 day cricket signing
yes Gooch 1 day only
Cheers Jimbob

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 4:51 pm

50 for Burns clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 4:52 pm

100 partnership clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:06 pm

150 partnership clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:08 pm

100 for Burns Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:17 pm

50 for Borthwick clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:22 pm

Guildford they appear to be playing on the road that leads upto your Surrey mansion... Run
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:23 pm

164 partnership comes to a end Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 5:32 pm

Why Sussex are not playing a 2nd proper Spinner beggars belief especially as they have no confidence in Meaker Headscratch

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 6:01 pm

164 for 0 to 170 for 4 picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Sep 2020, 6:09 pm

What we deserve for sending in a flipping night watchman against a club standard attack
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 6:11 pm

How to ruin a good day the Surrey way Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 07 Sep 2020, 6:17 pm

That Jamie Smith dismissal was embarrassing furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 07 Sep 2020, 6:24 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:What we deserve for sending in a flipping night watchman against a club standard attack

Another you got from the book, right? Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 07 Sep 2020, 7:01 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:How to ruin a good day the Surrey way Doh

Only seen a few bits on the stream today but looked in when we were 1 down for 160 odd and heading off for bad light. Churchy reckoned that was it for the day and so I only found out what had happened when I later looked at all the end of play scores. Not happy at that surprise! mad

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 07 Sep 2020, 7:36 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:That Jamie Smith dismissal was embarrassing furious  

Just watched on the highlights. 100%. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Sep 2020, 10:25 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:What we deserve for sending in a flipping night watchman against a club standard attack

Another you got from the book, right? Wink

The book has only solidified my annoyance at the nightwatchman - such a ridiculous notion!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Sep 2020, 1:26 pm

Foakes bowled by a 16 year old 🤦
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:29 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Foakes bowled by a 16 year old 🤦
picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:31 pm

The bob willis trophy campaign summed up with Amla and Foakes getting out to buffet bowlers Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:35 pm

50 for Jacks clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:37 pm

It will take something special to lose this game now

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:47 pm

One big positive about Jamie Overton is he really does offer us some good late order batting/biffing - something we've sorely lacked in recent years
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 2:55 pm

50 for Overton clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:19 pm

Braindead stuff from Taylor mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:29 pm

No idea why Jacks is taking a single off the 1st ball of nearly every other Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:34 pm

Jacks not happy with Moriarty but why leave him 5 balls

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:37 pm

Jacks left stranded on 84 he's fuming

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:43 pm

Taylor, Moriarty and Virdi must be the worse tail in the country

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:58 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:It will take something special to lose this game now

That a challenge? Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:59 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:The bob willis trophy campaign summed up with Amla and Foakes getting out to buffet bowlers Rolling Eyes

Certainly sums up our season.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:04 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Taylor, Moriarty and Virdi must be the worse tail in the country

And you could have added Finch to that list if he hadn't been used as a night watchman who came and went yesterday first ball! Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:11 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:Taylor, Moriarty and Virdi must be the worse tail in the country

And you could have added Finch to that list if he hadn't been used as a night watchman who came and went yesterday first ball! Rolling Eyes
I would have played Dunn just for his batting at least he can hold a end up Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:13 pm

What a stumping from Ben Foakes notworthy notworthy clap clap
catch it on the twitter account or highlights later

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 08 Sep 2020, 4:19 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:What a stumping from Ben Foakes  notworthy notworthy clap clap
catch it on the twitter account or highlights later

Thanks for the heads up, JimBob. Just watched it on twitter. Thomason couldn't believe it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next