The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CWF Chat v1 (100th edition)

+19
DarrenJS
Mat
jeromedubois
Nay
Electric Demon
MtotheC
Good Golly I'm Olly
DP
Steel
DanielReilly
Bentyf1
Perfect Jack
Ethan Shaw
Marky
x12x
gazzyD
JJJohnson
Uryu Ishida
Beer
23 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

6CWF Chat v1 (100th edition) - Page 14 Empty 6CWF Chat v1 (100th edition)

Post by Beer Wed 19 Aug - 14:37

First topic message reminder :

JJ,

Sorry about lack of a promo for last show, I was on holiday and took delivery of our puppy, truth be told, I needed a break from life.

Will sort something with Marky.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

6CWF Chat v1 (100th edition) - Page 14 Empty Re: 6CWF Chat v1 (100th edition)

Post by Bull Tue 6 Jun - 12:22

Scorpion should never have won the hardcore title. Looking back at some of my promos. Yikes

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 6 Jun - 12:32

That i was actually considered to win the title many years ago off Cassius, hindsight being a godsend as my promos turned to crap after that

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 6 Jun - 12:53

Uryu Ishida wrote:That i was actually considered to win the title many years ago off Cassius, hindsight being a godsend as my promos turned to crap after that

Behave Rob, your promos are always good! don't do yourself down

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 6 Jun - 12:57

All of our promos have probably improved over the years, but I don’t think anyone should do themselves a disservice. If you’ve turned up and got involved, that’s always been a big tick from me.

The River era was strange. There was some great times but I just think overall for the amount of activity we had going at the time, it should have been better. His booking of Hooligan still gives me shivers to be fair

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:13

My one power abuse was giving Max Adamson his Australian Championship back Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 6 Jun - 13:15

To be fair, Marky, if you were the boss and decided to give Rex or Max everything, nobody would be arsed. Infact, we'd all probably be joyous

Chris giving Robin Reborn the win at Born in Fire and Destiny was grand also, absolute bedlam

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:23

I've never had a real issue with people booking themselves to be Champion, I just couldn't do it myself. My personal view on it is, being booked to be World Champion is a reward for the effort you've put in, so booking yourself to win would be "rewarding yourself" (even if promo wise it would be deserved), and didn't sit right with me.

Even in the 6wE days, I didn't want to make Max the Champion (partly because as a heel it was always better to have him fall short)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 13:26

Snake Eyes going over The Saint multiple times was BS in my humble opinion. I think The Saint only held the 6WF title for a couple of PPVs if that and lost it, whilst being written completely at odds to how he'd always been portrayed. I appreciate that I was a bit of a diva though...

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 6 Jun - 13:47

I think a booker can be world champion but it has to make sense in the grand scheme and it has to have the right payoff. Just booking yourself as a dominant champion is probably going to rub people up the wrong way. I was world champion when I took over Shutdown but I used my position to first elevate Median, which added credibility to the 6CW/6WF war and then I put over Napalm into a dominant heel position.

I also booked Snake Eyes to beat Saint but there were reasons behind it that had nothing to do with promo ability. Unfortunately River and Drake were an absolute nightmare when it came to booking the war storyline so me and Dicey were left to make it as competitive as we possibly could.

River didn’t want Adamson/Prodigy to win the tag titles at Born in Fire although it made sense. We then put the belts on Revolution for a month which he hated. I dropped the TAW Title to Median for a month also.

Thing is River was adamant that the 6WF title couldn’t be used for any 6CW stars. So we had to move Saint to 6CWs side and have Snake Eyes chase him although both were 6WF wrestlers really. Shame because 6CW had some great guys who we could have built feuds with.Saint being 6WF champion against some of 6CWs top guys probably could have produced something much better

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 13:50

I remember there being legit reasons behind it. We all have that one story that irks us something chronic though! That whole thing just got very messy from what I remember.

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:53

JJJohnson wrote:River didn’t want Adamson/Prodigy to win the tag titles at Born in Fire although it made sense.

Yeah it did heart

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:53

DP wrote:I remember there being legit reasons behind it. We all have that one story that irks us something chronic though! That whole thing just got very messy from what I remember.

Never to the extent of an Urgent PM though censored

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:54

River probably would have been fine with any 6CW wrestler alongside Prodigy winning the 6WF Tag Titles.

Just not the one who had recently defected to 6CW via 6wE Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 13:56

River tried to "bury" me on the way out of 6WF, having River Ace beat Max Adamson with Max's own finisher

Despite the fact it makes my finisher look stronger than his own...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrenJS Tue 6 Jun - 13:56

Bentyf1 wrote:QOTD

What's your biggest hear me out over E-fedding?

Logan Kincade and Blue Dragons hardcore feuds at least rivals Cassius Zhi v JJ Johnson battles.

DarrenJS

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 13:59

Marky wrote:
DP wrote:I remember there being legit reasons behind it. We all have that one story that irks us something chronic though! That whole thing just got very messy from what I remember.

Never to the extent of an Urgent PM though censored

I never publicly announced mine... Cool

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 6 Jun - 14:18

urgent pms for all

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 14:36

Bentyf1 wrote:urgent pms for all

Urgent PM's for some, miniature American flags for others

Marky

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 6 Jun - 15:40

Bentyf1 wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:That i was actually considered to win the title many years ago off Cassius, hindsight being a godsend as my promos turned to crap after that

Behave Rob, your promos are always good! don't do yourself down

no, there was a noticable dip back then after that. even i saw it.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 6 Jun - 16:18

I think your mistake, Uryu, was changing to ‘Kuinishi’. I understand why the character was undergoing a transformation after the feud with Cassius but I think you ended up getting lost in the shuffle. Was a real shame because during that period you were heading for the top feuds, a world title run would have been logical at some point.

But, from a personal point of view, your work from around 2018 onwards has been your best by far.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 6 Jun - 16:23

JJJohnson wrote:I think your mistake, Uryu, was changing to ‘Kuinishi’. I understand why the character was undergoing a transformation after the feud with Cassius but I think you ended up getting lost in the shuffle. Was a real shame because during that period you were heading for the top feuds, a world title run would have been logical at some point.

But, from a personal point of view, your work from around 2018 onwards has been your best by far.

Which I appreciate and understand, im a natural nice guy. Heres hoping I can reach those consistent promo heights again Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 6 Jun - 16:53

For me Clive, it was a bit like when Jeff Hardy tried calling himself Willow

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 6 Jun - 17:00

To be honest I can’t speak for anyone else but I have re-read every 6WF and 6CW show there has been. Call it late night reading Laugh

Some characters have been underutilised in my opinion, some have been overhyped. Some storylines have been fantastic and others not so much. I look back fondly on some of my work as a booker and I roll my eyes at other parts

But everyone who has taken part over the years deserves to have something engaging to read. Just because someone may not be the best promoer doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to be involved in good storylines. Some of the lesser levelled promoers have put so much more effort in than better promoers over the years.

I now try to make it so everyone has something worthwhile to engage in

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 6 Jun - 17:42

And a top job you are doing Steve, we’re all having a good time

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 18:51

JJJohnson wrote:To be honest I can’t speak for anyone else but I have re-read every 6WF and 6CW show there has been. Call it late night reading Laugh

Some characters have been underutilised in my opinion, some have been overhyped. Some storylines have been fantastic and others not so much. I look back fondly on some of my work as a booker and I roll my eyes at other parts

But everyone who has taken part over the years deserves to have something engaging to read. Just because someone may not be the best promoer doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to be involved in good storylines. Some of the lesser levelled promoers have put so much more effort in than better promoers over the years.

I think that's bang on. I've seen people over the years try their nuts off and maybe not get the most compelling stuff. If they're making the effort to get something posted then they ought to have something to get their teeth into.

Now I've kissed your bottom, JJ, can I have a world title please?

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Tue 6 Jun - 18:58

After Harris destroys Kent, Dale FFS

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 6 Jun - 19:08

I've been looking back at older shows and it's crazy to think I've been doing this on and off for almost a third of my life. I've been enjoying jumping in to random shows in the archive and seeing what was happening at the time and seeing if it jogs my memory.

Looking forward to the PPV now as well.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 19:28

Bentyf1 wrote:After Harris destroys Kent, Dale FFS

Kent wins it for me.

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 6 Jun - 21:00

JJJohnson wrote:To be honest I can’t speak for anyone else but I have re-read every 6WF and 6CW show there has been. Call it late night reading Laugh

I'm very curious to hear what you thought of Scorpion and how you would have booked him now Smile

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 6 Jun - 22:34

JJJohnson wrote:Oooo these could create some controversy

A big one for me, before many of your times, is that Trash TV was an incredibly overrated and overhyped concept that River had a hard on for.

It was actually detrimental to the promoing ability of Enforcer, Hero and Demon who proved just how bloody good they were once they were away from it.

Hobo for me should never have gone over Nemesis at Born in Fire in a title reign that was absolutely appalling. There were so many great guys in the fed at the time that got overlooked whilst this was all just a load of backclapping and in house jokes.

Nemesis was a freaking monster, great guy and a quality promoer. His downfall should have been booked so much better

Definitely agree on this one but I’d maybe say that it wasn’t/isn’t really my sense of humour which might be why I didn’t get it. But the four guys were obviously great promoers who didn’t need that stable to be successful

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 6 Jun - 22:43

Some others

- It was right that Gregers lost at Born In Fire, despite the urgent pm!
- Monster heels are the worst characters to book/write matches for, despite many of them being some of the best promoers we’ve had
- One of the few things Rich and I disagreed on was when we had TGA return (one of my favourite angles we’ve ever booked) I thought he should have beaten Crime Lord for the World Title
- Changing the hardcore title to the pure wrestling title was one of my favourite stories
- I should have won way more world titles Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue 6 Jun - 22:48

Pure Wrestling was quality!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 6 Jun - 23:10

Mat wrote:Some others

- Monster heels are the worst characters to book/write matches for, despite many of them being some of the best promoers we’ve had
- One of the few things Rich and I disagreed on was when we had TGA return (one of my favourite angles we’ve ever booked) I thought he should have beaten Crime Lord for the World Title
- Changing the hardcore title to the pure wrestling title was one of my favourite stories

Still waiting for your promised world title run for Scorpion...

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 7 Jun - 9:21

Bull wrote:
Mat wrote:Some others

Still waiting for your promised world title run for Scorpion...

Come back then ffs

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 7 Jun - 9:22

warm greetings and salutations to all.

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 7 Jun - 11:54

Cant believe I've only just noticed this from Helms' promo Laugh

MH: Muhammed Ali, the greatest, a man so scared of me he was shaking when we met

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrenJS Wed 7 Jun - 12:19

I've been reading Harry's trial so......

QOTD: You have a chance to put a character on trial for a claim they have made. How would you rip that claim to shreads (bonus points for any sort of factual show evidence)

DarrenJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 7 Jun - 14:11

Bull wrote:

I'm very curious to hear what you thought of Scorpion and how you would have booked him now Smile

Bumping this for JJ

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 7 Jun - 14:34

Bull wrote:
Bull wrote:

Bumping this for JJ

Bumping this so Scorpion can return...

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 7 Jun - 14:49

Yeah, stop twerking Bull and actually just join the party

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 7 Jun - 14:59

I'm retired xD. Let me spend my Tax Dollars in peace :P

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 7 Jun - 15:20

DarrenJS wrote:I've been reading Harry's trial so......

QOTD: You have a chance to put a character on trial for a claim they have made. How would you rip that claim to shreads (bonus points for any sort of factual show evidence)

Not sure anyone's made that many outlandish claims tbf

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 7 Jun - 16:14

Afternoon lads

Hope we are all well

On with writing the submission match at the moment, planning out the segments for the show is proving harder than match writing Laugh

Bull - opinions, advice and feedback will now cost via the GoFundMe I will be setting up Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 7 Jun - 16:16

Oooo and we’ve got double figures for promos for a show for the first time since we came back and I’ll be promoing later - look at us like a proper little fed Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 7 Jun - 16:21

JJJohnson wrote:Afternoon lads

Hope we are all well

On with writing the submission match at the moment, planning out the segments for the show is proving harder than match writing Laugh

Bull - opinions, advice and feedback will now cost via the GoFundMe I will be setting up Laugh

You can't avoid my question like that Sad

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed 7 Jun - 17:09

Apologies been pretty busy last week, I’ll get a promo up tonight or tomorrow

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 8 Jun - 9:19

Morning lads, hope all is well

Just about to promo

QOTD: What match types do you like to see in 6CWF?

And what match types do you think we haven't seen enough of over the years?

Just interested to gauge the kind of things every likes to see. I've done a lot of different gimmick matches over the years but is there any we haven't had at all that we should? Or any that are way overdone?

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 8 Jun - 9:27

Morning all. Hope everyone is well. WAKEY WAKEY WAKEY

Gimmick matches can be very cool or just a bit fugazi. I like the idea of traditional matches more than gimmicky matches but it's calm either way. I can't remember 6CWF having an I Quit match or a steel cage match for a while like, it doesn't need to be like a blood fest also, think wrestling and fedding has and should kinda move a way from that. Every now and then is fine but if it's weekly it just gets a bit meh, looses that effect

Last edited by Bentyf1 on Thu 8 Jun - 9:29; edited 1 time in total

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 8 Jun - 9:28

I'm a fan of the Time Attack, glad to see it back.

My first mental image of the Time Attack was that it took place inside a Hell in a Cell type structure, clearly seeking additional carnage Laugh

Maybe that's one for the future...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 8 Jun - 9:29

Marky wrote:I'm a fan of the Time Attack, glad to see it back.

My first mental image of the Time Attack was that it took place inside a Hell in a Cell type structure, clearly seeking additional carnage Laugh

Maybe that's one for the future...

Armageddon 2000 meets Unforgiven 2008 BAYBEEEEE

Last edited by Bentyf1 on Thu 8 Jun - 9:30; edited 1 time in total

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next