The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread

+3
EST
LeinsterFan4life
bsando
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread

Post by bsando Sun 28 Feb 2021, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

SUN 28 FEB 2021 KO: 17:30

Venue: Royal Dublin Society Arena

Teams

Leinster
Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread - Page 2 Leinst10

Glasgow
Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread - Page 2 Glasgo10

bsando

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:00 pm

bsando wrote:Gregor Brown continuously getting over the gain line. Sort of player Glasgow really need

He has been very impressive, only 19 as well

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster vs Glasgow Warriors Match Thread

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:03 pm

Ulster will be cheering on Glasgow big time.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:04 pm

Brilliant chasing tackle by van der Flier.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gicater Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:06 pm

BigGee wrote:How many penalties did Leinster give away down the other end and they did not get a warning!

I thought that too - and it included 2 no-arm tackles which is dangerous play.

Gicater

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:10 pm

Ooh knee to the head?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:12 pm

No way. I thought Leinster player was at fault and facing a possible red and then there was a yellow card to TJ Iaone for the cheap shot. crazy match.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:12 pm

Stupid foul.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:12 pm

That was a cheap shot, despite the fact that the Leinster player had already given the penalty

Ioane not doing a lot to extend his contract next season atm!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gicater Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:13 pm

Should have been a yellow each - shocking TMO

Gicater

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:14 pm

Hawkshaw doing well as stand in for Harry Byrne. Pity about the kick.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:15 pm

Well 15 v 13 probably just a bit more than we can cope with

Good try but just a lack of numbers really

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:15 pm

I think the Leinster player got lucky as his knee missed the Glasgow player on the deck. Otherwise yes, yellow each.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:15 pm

Lovely sideline try.   Was there a problem before that with Glasgow winnng the ball?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:16 pm

Gicater wrote:Should have been a yellow each - shocking TMO

One of the paradoxes of rugby, that retaliation always cancels out a foul!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:16 pm

bsando wrote:I think the Leinster player got lucky as his knee missed the Glasgow player on the deck. Otherwise yes, yellow each.

Yes his knee did miss the head.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:18 pm

Glasgow could get TBP and LBP still.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:20 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Glasgow could get TBP and LBP still.  

Not so sure about that!

Still, all things considered, I am not distraught and there is some hope for us if we play like that a bit more regularly next season

Leinster still setting the benchmark though and that's what we need to be aiming at

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:20 pm

Well guarded and good run by Jimmy O’Brien - he’s transferred well from midfield this season. Good backup to Keenan.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:21 pm

Two turnovers from Gregor Brown tonight in his cameo. He's pretty sharp too!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:21 pm

BigGee wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Glasgow could get TBP and LBP still.  

Not so sure about that!

Still, all things considered, I am not distraught and there is some hope for us if we play like that a bit more regularly next season

Leinster still setting the benchmark though and that's what we need to be aiming at

15 players and I’d give the game to Glasgow. Very strong powerful plays and good offloading.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:22 pm

Well it wasn’t for want of trying from Glasgow.

Good game from both sides.  Shame about cards.  Commiserations to Glasgow.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Feb 2021, 7:25 pm

and that's that

Well done Leinster, still the side to beat

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Sun 28 Feb 2021, 8:43 pm

Despite the scoreline i'm actually quite heartened by that performance - we coughed the ball up at key moments and our discipline let us down, but we played really, really well for large parts of that.

Lots of good play from a number of players, but I was hugely impressed by Gregor Brown - exactly what the Glasgow backrow has been crying out for.  I'ver never seen him play or really know anything about him, but he made constant yards every time he got the ball and was a ball of energy - delighted we seem to have somebody who is ready to step up there.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 01 Mar 2021, 10:38 am

Now that the dust has settled.....
Firstly, Ladyboys fans thank you. It's good to watch a match and have intelligent, humorous banter with the opposition without it descending into Sonja McLaughlin territory.
Secondly, there are some good youngsters coming through for the Dubs; I really liked the look of both your 10's.

Glasgow; the back three were all exciting to watch. Titman just wants to attack every time he gets the ball. Ollie Smith looked good, he was very unlucky to lose his footing in the first minute but seemed to shake that off and played well. The Cole Man gave away about four penalties, but we'll put that down to over exuberance on his debut. He does like to run hard and fast and looks like a good player, when he settles down. Or tunes into the idiosyncrasies of NH refs.
Johnson-Shug were possibly the best centre pairing of the season (mind I can't remember how long this season has been going on for). Both could have played themselves into contention for the Irish match.
Is Haircut's last action in a Glasgow jersey that stupid red card? Stupid from him not the ref. He'll get a ban and probably won't play again this season. The backs actually played better once Thomson was on!
The House Elf had an assured game. Interestingly he didn't try to run the ball once. It seems Toonie asked DW to play Shug at 13 in case he needs to play there for Scotland next week: I wonder if Dobie was instructed not to show too much of his running game and save it for when he comes on against Ireland? Perhaps Dobie took one look at the Ladyboys back row and thought, "Best not be too ambitious tonight".
In the back row The Mullet was superb. Fourth best 7 in Scotland terms behind; Hamish, Mbawza and , obviously, Chris Harris. Batman was Batman, "Ryan, don't do that". Made me chuckle. Big Bad missed four or five tackles in the first half and looked off the pace. I think he had a hooded guy carrying a scythe sitting on his back which must be slowing him down.
After that performance Nak Naks should be paying us. Big Ritchie looks more like his old self every game.
Still can't see what Pieretto brings.
At 28-21 and the ref signalling a Glasgow penalty at the breakdown I really thought we were about to see something special. TJ Ioane!!! Hang your head in shame.
Still, in Sam Becket's home town it's usually More Pricks Than Kicks but just for a few seconds it looked our poor run would end, Godot would arrive ....but then the Endgame.
Still, as Becket said "Ever tried? ever failed? Try harder, fail better."

jimbopip

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2