The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

+9
mikey_dragon
profitius
demosthenes
LeinsterFan4life
thebandwagonsociety
Old Man
The Oracle
LordDowlais
Brendan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you want in the final

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap55%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap0%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap9%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap0%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap0%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap0%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap0%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap18%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap9%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_lcap9%Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 11
 

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 9:03 am

The remaining 3 rounds are broken up into mini leagues.which means there is a bit of interest within them.  Below are the three mini leagues and in () what I think they will finish on

Round-robin A
Benetton 14 (18)
Ospreys 10 (16)
Connacht 9 (14)
In years past an easy set of games for Ospreys but teams are much more even.  If any team wins their two games its a good result.  Could be a home win for each team. In tight contests

Round-robin B
Munster 10 (20)
Cardiff 9 (13)
Zebre 3 (3)
Munster look to top this with the more difficult game at home. They know 10pts could be enough. Blues will be looking to catch Munster unaware and pick up a big win. Finishing in the top half is also important

Round Robin C
Glasgow 10 (18)
Leinster 9 (15)
Dragons 7 (9)
The Problem for the top two teams is they must play each other.  They both probably need 10pts but might only get 9pts. Glasgow have the home game. Dragons will look to run so big open games with them.

Round Robin D
Scarlets 9 (13)
Edinburgh 5 (7)
Ulster 3 (7)
Ulster had to forfeit the game v Scarlets due to Covid.  I expect them to put in a big game v Edinburgh to finish strong.  Edinburgh could easily win both games or lose both games.  Feel with the Covid win Scarlets will now top it

South Africa is to close to call.  The Stromers were unlucky in their first two games so could beat the Bulls in the next round.  If the Stromers and Sharks win then it becomes a 3 horse race.  If the Bulls win for me they are to far ahead as the Sharkes would need a big win v the Bulls in the final game and not sure it would happen.

I would love to see Benetton get to the final. If not them would love Connacht or Blues to make it. (Though unlikely) just because it shakes up the league.

If you want an exciting final Connacht v Stromers would be it for me

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 9:08 am

I hope Benneton win this, and I hope they get to the final as the final has now been decided to be played in Italy.

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by The Oracle Fri 28 May 2021, 9:26 am

I've gone for Benetton too. Would be lovely to see.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 3737
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Fri 28 May 2021, 9:29 am

The difficulty in predicting the SA teams is most matches were very competitive, there was really only one blow out match with the Bulls thumping the Sharks two weekends ago, even the Lions who are at the bottom had close matches versus the Sharks and Stormers, and beat the Bulls at home whilst losing to the Bulls away.

Bulls won the Super Rugby unlocked, they also won the Currie Cup, so they are the favourites.

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 28 May 2021, 10:00 am

So how do the mini-round robins flush out. Do the top of each 4 pools then play each other? Or in the above example, do Munster (with 20 points above) go straight into a 'final' against SA (likely Bulls)?

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2599
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 10:16 am

We don't know whats happening now as the Ulster V Scarlets game has been postponed. steam

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 10:19 am

LordDowlais wrote:We don't know whats happening now as the Ulster V Scarlets game has been postponed. steam

From what I saw Scarlets were awarded the points. No league can control covid and the T14 are still having covid issues so it's not like it's the leagues fault.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by The Oracle Fri 28 May 2021, 10:31 am

4 points to Scarlets and a 0-0 draw recorded.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 3737
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 10:34 am

Ah, excellent, I didn't know this, OK, so we do know whats happening then. Laugh

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 10:38 am

Brendan wrote:No league can control covid and the T14 are still having covid issues so it's not like it's the leagues fault.

I never said it was the leagues fault. What a strange thing to say. Headscratch

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 11:01 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:No league can control covid and the T14 are still having covid issues so it's not like it's the leagues fault.

I never said it was the leagues fault. What a strange thing to say. Headscratch

What else was the purpose of the emoji you originally used then. Issue arose and was dealt with. The fact it went under he radar shows that they had a plan in place.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 11:14 am

Brendan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:No league can control covid and the T14 are still having covid issues so it's not like it's the leagues fault.

I never said it was the leagues fault. What a strange thing to say. Headscratch

What else was the purpose of the emoji you originally used then.  Issue arose and was dealt with.  The fact it went under he radar shows that they had a plan in place.

The emogi was to show my frustration at the game being called off. Christ, whats the matter with people on this place ?

Brendon, are you always just looking for altercations with me ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 11:22 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:No league can control covid and the T14 are still having covid issues so it's not like it's the leagues fault.

I never said it was the leagues fault. What a strange thing to say. Headscratch

What else was the purpose of the emoji you originally used then.  Issue arose and was dealt with.  The fact it went under he radar shows that they had a plan in place.

The emogi was to show my frustration at the game being called off. Christ, whats the matter with people on this place ?

Brendon, are you always just looking for altercations with me ?

As per the opening post there are three weekends to play two games. Because they are in groups there is no free weekend so any cancelled game has to be treated like this.

Nothing personal just pointing out that Covid is still a problem and games will be cancelled.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 May 2021, 11:26 am

Brendan wrote:Nothing personal just pointing out that Covid is still a problem and games will be cancelled.

Yes I get that, and it's not anybody's fault. Unless people are like Donald trump and they want to blame the Chinese. Laugh

But if you are looking forward to games, and they get called off, then obviously it will frustrate people. I reckon Scarlets would've beaten Ulster. But there you go.

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by The Oracle Fri 28 May 2021, 11:28 am

Brendan, there was no need for the dig at LD about it being the league’s fault. That’s what started this. You being overly defensive at what you thought was a slight against the league. No need for it and once again it’s just caused an argument, needlessly!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 3737
Join date : 2018-01-16

LordDowlais likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 May 2021, 11:28 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:Nothing personal just pointing out that Covid is still a problem and games will be cancelled.

Yes I get that, and it's not anybody's fault. Unless people are like Donald trump and they want to blame the Chinese. Laugh

But if you are looking forward to games, and they get called off, then obviously it will frustrate people. I reckon Scarlets would've beaten Ulster. But there you go.
I think the Scarlets would've had a chance too. A win there could have given them a lot of confidence going into next season, frustrating.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5538
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 31
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 11:38 am

The Oracle wrote:Brendan, there was no need for the dig at LD about it being the league’s fault. That’s what started this. You being overly defensive at what you thought was a slight against the league. No need for it and once again it’s just caused an argument, needlessly!

Problem with emojis is they are open to interpretation and what it means to one person is not what it means to others. I don't understand why people get upset at games being cancelled any more except for fans who would have been there. Maybe I have just become numb over anything covid related

Regardless situations sorted and I'll just move on.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 11:41 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:Nothing personal just pointing out that Covid is still a problem and games will be cancelled.

Yes I get that, and it's not anybody's fault. Unless people are like Donald trump and they want to blame the Chinese. Laugh

But if you are looking forward to games, and they get called off, then obviously it will frustrate people. I reckon Scarlets would've beaten Ulster. But there you go.
I think the Scarlets would've had a chance too. A win there could have given them a lot of confidence going into next season, frustrating.

That games was an important one for both teams. Ulster seemed to have struggled a bit but it was mainly down to the Challange Cup. Scarlets was down to off field stuff. It really was a chance to show they had but things behind them. The biggest loser from the cancelled match I feel will be Edinburgh who will have to face both.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 28 May 2021, 9:38 pm

Munster win 31 -27
It was a real cracker in terms of scoring changing momentum and it being in the balance until the final whistle.

The Cup really has had alot of tight games

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by demosthenes Fri 28 May 2021, 10:12 pm

Brendan wrote:Munster win 31 -27
It was a real cracker in terms of scoring changing momentum and it being in the balance until the final whistle.

The Cup really has had alot of tight games

Good game alright, but the captain's challenges in the last five minutes (and into overtime) rather spoiled it. The idea of any decision being challengeable in that time period is flawed. Keep it to foul play or in the immediate lead up to a try. Or scrap it.

demosthenes

Posts : 538
Join date : 2013-10-23
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 29 May 2021, 7:54 am

demosthenes wrote:
Brendan wrote:Munster win 31 -27
It was a real cracker in terms of scoring changing momentum and it being in the balance until the final whistle.

The Cup really has had alot of tight games

Good game alright, but the captain's challenges in the last five minutes (and into overtime) rather spoiled it.  The idea of any decision being challengeable in that time period is flawed.  Keep it to foul play or in the immediate lead up to a try.  Or scrap it.

It does seem that teams are just saving it up and then just calling it on stupid things. If it is introduced fully I am sure there will be a few adjustments. Munster did the same thing in the Connacht game which meant a 2 minute delay from final whistle to the players being able to celebrate. Connacht did though use it in the Ulster game which led to them winning the match.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by profitius Sat 29 May 2021, 9:48 am

The captains challenge has been around a few weeks now and it's been nothing but a blight on games. Slowing games down, needlessly lengthening games, more TMO back and forth etc and putting refs under even more pressure. I don't think they'll keep it. I like the goal line kick off though as it puts defences under more pressure.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4567
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 29 May 2021, 9:49 am

Been seeing a few complaints about the captains challenge, and the ref unsurprisingly. Should I even ask about it here? Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12664
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 29 May 2021, 10:53 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Been seeing a few complaints about the captains challenge, and the ref unsurprisingly. Should I even ask about it here? Very Happy

On one of the Pro14 podcasts there was talk of the refs feeling much more under pressure because of the captain's challange and them not liking it at all

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 May 2021, 12:24 pm

It seems like Cardiff did have hard lines, particularly with the way it was applied. Good to see Dickie Holland speak out about it anyway. I’m sure it’ll result in a complaint to Greg Garner, who will do nothing about it again.

I’ve seen they weren’t happy with only a yellow card too. I also saw a few people (Irish included) give out about Peter O’Mahony being a dirty get again. Leopards obviously don’t change their spots.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4579
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 29 May 2021, 6:34 pm

While we all want Benetton to score 5pts to almost assure themselves of the final they haven't beaten Connacht since 2016 (from what I can tell from the head to heads) when it finished 22-21.  7 games since then the last one being the only close one which finished 17-19.

Close game again today.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 29 May 2021, 7:28 pm

Papa Leahy picks up yet another red.

Benetton pick up the win but with only a three point lead will probably need a win in Swansea.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by BigGee Sat 29 May 2021, 10:04 pm

Good win for Glasgow down in Wales, but the Benetton debacle is going to do for them. Hard to see Munster not getting a 5 pointer against Zebre and with their points difference, will top the table unless Benetton win at Ospreys, which is quite possible if the Spreys have nothing to play for.

I suspect all the neutrals will be right behind the Italians in this one.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 May 2021, 11:02 pm

I hear Zander Fagerson had two iffy moments today. Needs to calm down, for all the talk about discipline and knowing how Gatland can remember any kind of misdemeanour.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4579
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Mon 31 May 2021, 10:25 am

The final is now a three horse race.

Munster should pick up a 5 pts win with lots of points. That rules Leinster and Glasgow out.

Ospreys could make it but would need to big wins. Benetton must now win in Wales as 2BPs will mean Munster win on points difference. The one thing for Benetton is will the Osprey Lions or Welsh internationals be playing if they don't get 5pts v Connacht.

Maybe Zebre will cause a surprise but very unlikely.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by BigGee Mon 31 May 2021, 11:39 am

Benetton will be massively motivated for this one and as you say, Ospreys may or may not be.

I quite fancy that Benetton will do it you know.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Fri 04 Jun 2021, 6:17 pm

It took Marcell Coetzee only 12 minutes of Rugby back in SA to score his first try.

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Fri 04 Jun 2021, 6:20 pm

And three minutes later a try assist.

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by BigGee Fri 04 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm

He is keen to put himself in the frame for the Lions series.

Looks like he is fully fit again!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Fri 04 Jun 2021, 6:31 pm

Yep, he looks pumped to be back

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 04 Jun 2021, 9:05 pm

Connacht beat Ospreys to know Ospreys out.
Looks like Munster or Benetton, unless Glasgow can beat Leinster by 70 pts

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by BigGee Fri 04 Jun 2021, 9:11 pm

Brendan wrote:Connacht beat Ospreys to know Ospreys out.
Looks like Munster or Benetton, unless Glasgow can beat Leinster by 70 pts


Can't see the Spreys being too interested in their last game now and they won't have any Lions either, so a great chance for Benetton to win the northern pool.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 04 Jun 2021, 11:01 pm

Glasgow condemn Leinster to a 60% win ratio at best.  That thumping in Treviso was either the kick start they needed or a costly mess up.  Either way 3rd place is nothing to be sniffed at and could still finish first (not likely)

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by BigGee Fri 04 Jun 2021, 11:13 pm

Brendan wrote:Glasgow condemn Leinster to a 60% win ratio at best.  That thumping in Treviso was either the kick start they needed or a costly mess up.  Either way 3rd place is nothing to be sniffed at and could still finish first (not likely)

We will be more than happy to bow out at this stage, with a good run of wins to remind the fans that there is a decent team in there somewhere, though it has been AWOL for the best part of this season. It seemed we almost needed that nadir at Benetton (and I mean no disrespect to them, it was not the losing, but the nature of it) in order to get us to wake up and smell the coffee.

I don't think we will miss not being in the final and the players will be happy to start their holidays now.

22 players are leaving Glasgow this season though, there is a changing of the guard going on now and hopefully we can be competitive again next season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 05 Jun 2021, 12:39 am

With Covid bubbles Glasgow missed out on alot of players who would have come back to play for the club but couldn't because of the bubble so spent 6-7 weeks with no games holding tackle bags.  It would have meant they were coming back almost like a pre-season and way off the pace.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 09 Jun 2021, 10:33 am

Ospreys v Benetton off due to covid cases in Ospreys camp. The Italians awarded the points and through to the final where they'll likely face Bulls.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12664
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Wed 09 Jun 2021, 12:52 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Ospreys v Benetton off due to covid cases in Ospreys camp. The Italians awarded the points and through to the final where they'll likely face Bulls.

Do we think it's convenient/conspiracy, I am sure that will do the rounds on the internet but it sure if they would have needed it.. It would have been a good game and now makes the weekend look less appalling.

I think most of us will be cheering on Benetton who also made it through to the quarters in Europe for the first time in their history to this year.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jun 2021, 1:24 pm

Brendan wrote:Do we think it's convenient/conspiracy, I am sure that will do the rounds on the internet but it sure if they would have needed it.. It would have been a good game and now makes the weekend look less appalling.

No, as you said earlier in the thread, nobody can be blamed for covid.

LordDowlais

Posts : 14986
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Wed 09 Jun 2021, 1:36 pm

I am glad they have made the call early in the week. Means there is no confusion.

Interested to see what team Munster put out now. Would assume it will be one for the future.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by doctor_grey Wed 09 Jun 2021, 5:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Brendan wrote:Do we think it's convenient/conspiracy, I am sure that will do the rounds on the internet but it sure if they would have needed it.. It would have been a good game and now makes the weekend look less appalling.

No, as you said earlier in the thread, nobody can be blamed for covid.
Agree. Covid has ended Gloucester's season early, so not just Ospreys.

doctor_grey

Posts : 9565
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by profitius Wed 09 Jun 2021, 8:54 pm

Disappointing from a munster point of view. Would have liked to have seen them play the Bulls but it's not to be. Good luck to Benetton. I hope they can give Bulls a good game at least.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4567
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Wed 09 Jun 2021, 9:14 pm

Don’t overestimate the Bulls, They’ve been good, but they aren’t that great either

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Fri 11 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm

Old Man wrote:Don’t overestimate the Bulls, They’ve been good, but they aren’t that great either

I see they will be without their Boks too.

I am sure it will be a good game. Excited to see if the Bulls can do the fancy stuff against an NH defence and to see how Benetton do physically against the strongest SA team

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Brendan Sat 12 Jun 2021, 8:29 pm

So it's official. Benetton v Bulls.

Hope things go well and there are no issues.

Will be good to see the two competitions colide.

Brendan

Posts : 3883
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Old Man Sat 12 Jun 2021, 9:14 pm

Yep Bulls are flying out Monday

Old Man

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins Empty Re: Rainbow Cup and the mini round-robins

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum