The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 09 Aug 2021, 5:13 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A SQUAD OF 13 FOR THE CRUCIAL ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP MATCH WITH WARWICKSHIRE AT THE KIA OVAL TOMORROW (TUESDAY AUGUST 10TH).
Hashim Amla continues to miss out with groin issues and Nick Kimber is also not available for selection with a knee problem.
Ben Foakes continues to recover from his hamstring injury. Sad  
Mark Stoneman has recovered from the illness that kept him out of the Leicestershire game.
FULL SQUAD:
Jamie Smith (captain)
Rikki Clarke
Tim David
Matt Dunn
Ben Geddes
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Nico Reifer
Cameron Smith
Mark Stoneman
James Taylor
Amar Virdi
probably Reifer and Virdi on drink duties, glad that rocky is available need some experience in this line up.
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat, thegooch7 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by guildfordbat Mon 09 Aug 2021, 6:12 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Yeah, Rocky for Reifer and Virdi probably once more on the bench is my thinking too.

Going tomorrow. Decent weather forecast for once!

guildfordbat

thegooch7, jimbobgooner and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 1:42 am

Cheers Jimbob
Can't for the life of me understand why Virdi isn't given a go, I wouldn't play McKerr or Dunn.....let Patel bowl 10 overs of medium pace crap, can't be any worse than those 2, and at least he might score some runs. Stoneman certain to come in though, could be for any one of half a dozen, but probably Riefer, although Geddes and David will count themselves lucky to get a game. Hope it's at least a good one with decent weather Guildford, and fingers crossed a few can actually perform for us!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 Aug 2021, 8:58 am

Losing Amla for this has been a big blow - and I am slightly concerned by his persistent niggles, and his long term deal...(maybe for another day that discussion)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 10 Aug 2021, 10:56 am

Surrey lose toss and bowl
Taylor and Virdi miss out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 2:31 pm

Like an idiot, at 144-6 I was thinking we'd be chasing less than 4 an over to win, but enter the usual suspects garbage medium pace and we've got to chase almost 5 and a half, not a chance...oh aye, well batted Extras

thegooch7

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 3:46 pm

Great knock Stoneman, 14 off 14 overs...a run a ball we needed, not a run an over, you useless prick

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

Blimey, our tail starts at 4 with Craig David

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 5:06 pm

At last, well batted Craig lad, a ton off 55 balls, just what the Dr ordered!

thegooch7

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 10 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

140 off 70, we were owed that Craig! virtually a 1 man show has won that for us, we're still in the mix, need to beat Derby, can't keep bowling that Poopie though

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 10 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Blimey, our tail starts at 4 with Craig David
this aged well Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 11 Aug 2021, 12:39 pm

Lovely, lovely day. Good weather, a few beers with friends and a Surrey win with an outstanding innings.  Very Happy

David the Giant more than lived up to his billing and was immense. Such powerful hitting.

A word of praise too for Smith - he played the part of quiet sidekick very well and showed intelligence in just staying with David and letting him cause the carnage. He's an adaptable batsman, Smith. 50 off 16 balls at Guildford the other week when we needed him to carry on after Patel's fireworks whilst, in contrast yesterday, steadying the ship when Patel was out and we were looking dodgy at 115/3. I'll curse the young guy and tip Smith as a future England international.

Our bowling and fielding were mixed. Some decent stuff from the seamers at times (McKerr's yorker to dismiss the dangerous looking Pollock was top notch) but again lacking consistency and frustrating not to quickly knock over 9, 10 and Jack. Steel has a golden arm after two games - I just hope he keeps the luck that is going with it. His last wicket - Bethel, caught at short fine leg by Moriarty who barely had time to react - was from a ball so short and wide of leg stump that it would have been embarrassing to even see at one of Olly's Norfolk village 4th XI Sunday matches! Moriarty for me was actually the best slow bowler on show yesterday by either side (and Warks used about five), very economical, often confusing the batsmen and most unfortunate to end up wicketless.

We held onto some decent catches but spilled three whilst Reifer blew a run out by missing the stumps with an underarm throw when he probably had time to run in and take off the bails. Not sure about Reifer - he's got natural ability when it comes to stopping and catching the ball but doesn't seem to always read the game and anticipate things.

Other than Pollock and Yates at the top of their order, Warks looked pretty threadbare. Not sure how much longer Bresnan will last. However, as they say, we can only beat what is in front of us and we did that with David slewing all comers .

Beat bottom of the group Derbys (please may that not be a jinx) and we should reach the next stage. Fingers Crossed

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 11 Aug 2021, 2:04 pm

You've jinxed Smith now Guildford, he'll be playing for Guildford CC within three years Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down