The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks

3 posters

Go down

Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks Empty Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Oct 2021, 11:32 am

Glasgow Warriors play in front of their fanatical fans for the first time since The Fat Adulterer told us that those weak kneed, lily livered, Jonny foreigner types could lock down all they wanted we were going to continue our God given right to buy and sell each other and when their economies had been ruined we would step out of the phone box like Clark Kent with his undies over his trousers and be the dominant economy in Europe once again. I would have driven up for the match but allowing for queueing at the petrol stations I would have had to have left on August the 23rd, and returned some time around Easter.

When Mrs Pip heard we were playing Michelle Parks she urged caution...apparently they fight dirty in those women's prisons. I'm sure tigertattie has a link to some websites which will back this up.

Teams
Glasgow Warriorors

1. Jamie Bhatti (48)
2. Chuckles(110)
3. Murray McCallum (1)
4. Richie Gray (62)
5. Scott Cummings (79)
6. Batman (193)
7. Mullett (37)
8. Boxer (1)

9. Hornito (67)
10. The Wonder Kid (14)
11. Titman (10)
12. Sam Johnson (73)
13. Shona (1)
14. Seaman (32)
15. Cole Forbes (7)

Replacements

16. George Turner (62)
17. Brad Thyer (1)
18. Murphy Walker (0)
19. Lewis Bean (6)
20. Ally Miller (0)
21. Jamie Dobie (20)
22. Furra Linee (181)
23. Lord Stafford Of McDowall (28)

Sea shell Marks

Cell C Sharks
1. Khwezi Mona
2. Fez Mbatha
3. Thomas du Toit (v/c)
4. Le Roux Roets
5. Ruben van Heerden
6. Dylan Richardson
7. Gerbrandt Grobler
8. Phepsi Buthelezi (capt)
9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Boeta Chamberlain
11. Thaakir Abrahams
12. Murray Koster
13. Werner Kok
14. Yaw Penxe
15. Curwin Bosch

Replacements
16. Kerron van Vuuren
17. Ntuthuko Mchunu
18. Lourens Adriaanse
19. Hyron Andrews
20. Thembelani Bholi
21. James Venter
22. Tian Meyer
23. Jeremy Ward

I must confess to an almost complete lack of knowledge as far as the Sea Shell collectors are concerned. Penxe is very fast. Kok scored against the Lions in the summer and looks quite belligerent. It'll be "interesting " to see how Shona deals with him. Ruan Pienaar was always a class act when he played for Ulster but I'm not sure he'll be able to keep up with Hornito at his age now. Grobbler at 7 played against Glasgow four times; Munster and Racing. He's a good in yer face, let's have a niggle type. He and Batman will get on well.

The Saffer sides have been pretty underwhelming so far; in fact the highlight for me was last night when the Lions brought on a fat, fat, far, prop as replacement. He looked like someone had found Basteraud's long lost twin brother and forced both of them inside one jersey. At the very poor level which I played he would still have been the least athletic looking and and most wobbly player on the park. Shocked

Anyhoo. Munster thumped the Michelles last week which only means they will be very angry and out to reassert themselves from the off. Glasgow lost a game they could easily have won, but two points at the Kingspan is a positive. If Glasgow can get on top of the Michelles' pack and provide front foot ball then our backs should be too good for them. If Pienaar box kicks all day then our back three just might have a field day. The fringe defence must really be on top of Pienaar to stop him making any of those lightning breaks I seem to remember from previous visits.

Finally, it's great to see Furra Linee in the squad. I'm considering renaming him Max Miller. The great stand up used to tell audiences, "Make the most of me while you can. Once I'm gone there'll never be another!" Furra Linee doesn't have too many seasons left and we should appreciate him while we can.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks Empty Re: Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks

Post by lostinwales Sat 02 Oct 2021, 12:41 pm

Thank feck you are not responsible for the nicknames of the SA squad

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks Empty Re: Welcome back, we missed you! Glasgow Warriors v Michelle Parks

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Oct 2021, 12:53 pm

lostinwales wrote:Thank feck you are not responsible for the nicknames of the SA squad

No challenge there; Big Lump , Even Bigger Lump, Psycho, Psychotic Big Lump, Sir Kickalot. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 02 Oct 2021, 4:06 pm

Bonus point win wrapped up before half time. Not too shabby.
Batman is playing out of his skin. Boxer has ridiculous acceleration over the first five metres. Shona looks the real deal.
All is well with my world.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 05 Oct 2021, 1:29 pm

Here's an in depth update for any Warriors' fans who missed the match. GC mainly.

Set piece I expected this to be an area where the Sharks would be strong....I was wrong. Big Ritchie ran amok at the line out and Cummings and Batman were superb too. The Sharks hooker is probably still seeing the team therapist every day. The scrum was very solid too. Although late on the Sharks seemed to be getting on top...but that was after we had the five points wrapped up, Batman and Chuckles were off and the front row had all been replaced. Speaking of which; Kebble ,Lambert, Pirate, Berghan and Ragnar have all to start yet this season.

Back RowAgain, you'd expect the visitors to be strong here. Mullet had 16 tackles and a turnover. Shocked Batman made hay in the lineout, had a scrap on the deck and generally played a blinder. Demo, as the Scotstoun crowd were calling him (well if they'd called him Boxer Batman would have been confused), was superb. Lightning quick from the back of the scrum, soft hands and always looking for work. He'll do. Very Happy
Interestingly, BigBad, Matt F, Ally Miller and Rory Darge weren't in the starting XV. There is some depth there.

9-15
Aldi Price
Miotti
Ratu
Stafford
Squiggsy
Ollie Smith
Josh McKay

NONE, not one of them started on Saturday. Very Happy We had four tries and the game won by half time. Titman, Shona, Seaman, Ross The Boy Wonder could all have been MOM. Sam Johnson was. He deserved it.

Glasgow managed to lose the second half, but the game was won well before half time. I think this could be a very good season for Glasgow.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 05 Oct 2021, 1:39 pm

Glasgow were pretty at times in that match and more importantly after last weeks habits, got down to business straight away, running up a good lead that they nver looked like giving away, even when they lost interest in the second half.

Some of the new signings, Dempsey and Tuipoloti look like they are going to be massive assets and the latter will almost certainly come into Scotland contention if he keeps playing like that.

Probably the most pleasing performances of the first two weeks for me, have been those of Big Ritchie Gray, who on last seasons performances looked like a spent force who was not worth the considerable amount of money we are likely to be paying for him. The power of a decent off season seems to have done him the power of good and he looks fit and interested again. As Jimbo said, he destroyed their lineout and was pretty handy around the pitch as well.

I am not sure if he will be back in the Scotland reckoning now but I am very happy to have him back playing for Glasgow in this form.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down