The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 8

+2
Pot Hale
neilthom7
6 posters

Go down

URC Round 8 Empty URC Round 8

Post by neilthom7 Wed 22 Dec 2021, 11:49 am

The european window is over for now and the Round 8 URC games are coming our way with it being christmas and derby season in the URC.

Some great games upcoming and I am looking forward to seeing Ulster get some revenge on Connacht (hopefully) this weekend.

Happy holidays to you all.

All games on Premier Sports, URC TV and Supersport.  Kick off times below in UK and Irish Time.

Christmas Eve Friday 24th December

Zebre v Bennetton- Stadio Lanfranchi, Parma – KO 13.00- Mediaset

Boxing/ Saint Stephen's Day Sunday 26th December

Cardiff v Scarlets- Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff – KO 15.00- BBC Wales  GAME POSTPONED

Ulster v Connacht- Kingspan Stadium, Belfast – KO 17.15- BBC NI, TG4
 GAME POSTPONED

Ospreys v Dragons , Swansea.com Stadium, Swansea – KO 17.15  GAME POSTPONED

Munster v Leinster- Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick – KO 19.35  GAME POSTPONED

Monday 27th December

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby- Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow – KO 19.00 GAME POSTPONED

Last edited by neilthom7 on Mon 27 Dec 2021, 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 8 Empty Re: URC Round 8

Post by Pot Hale Fri 24 Dec 2021, 10:15 am

Zeb, blues, Ulster, Bra.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 24 Dec 2021, 4:56 pm

Ulster v Connacht the latest game to get called off due to covid. Trevisio comfortably dispatched Zebre earlier 39-14

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 24 Dec 2021, 10:31 pm

Cardiff and Scarlets nearly at full strength. Robbed of a crowd though. That’s a real shame.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat 25 Dec 2021, 1:02 pm

Cardiff v Scarlets match postponed

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 25 Dec 2021, 7:10 pm

Well this gameweek is going well lol

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Dec 2021, 8:47 pm

Blueschief wrote:Cardiff v Scarlets match postponed

The cynic in me wonders if they really do have a big covid problem or, when they realised they couldn’t postpone the game due to the ban on fans in Wales (which will see them lose out on lots of income), they realised that covid could get it postponed and they can perhaps play it at a later date in front of a bumper crowd Smile

They wouldn’t do that, would they?! Whistle Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Sat 25 Dec 2021, 9:47 pm

The Oracle wrote:

The cynic in me wonders if they really do have a big covid problem or, when they realised they couldn’t postpone the game due to the ban on fans in Wales (which will see them lose out on lots of income), they realised that covid could get it postponed and they can perhaps play it at a later date in front of a bumper crowd Smile

I wondered this myself. I don't blame them in the slightest either. Have the Welsh assembly giving any financial support to the regions now that they are playing behind closed doors? Or is it just tough luck?

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Dec 2021, 9:58 pm

Maine man wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

I wondered this myself. I don't blame them in the slightest either. Have the Welsh assembly giving any financial support to the regions now that they are playing behind closed doors? Or is it just tough luck?

No, no support. They didn’t during the ‘big lockdown’ previously either. While England and Ireland managed to secure free funding support from their governments (and I think I read that Ireland have some more money coming this time), the WRU instead took out a loan of circa £20m on behalf of the regions to cover the shortfall in funding that they usually provide the regions, which the regions themselves now need to pay off each year! Cheers WRU/WAG! I  think the WRU is trying to ‘negotiate the terms’ of that loan, but that’s about it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 26 Dec 2021, 12:58 am

Every other nation in GB and Ireland gave their pro teams a chance, bar Welsh ones. So, there’s no support. WRU gave the teams a loan only and a possible renegotiation of terms mentioned as a promise, but not delivered.

This is why I get annoyed when I see people questioning Welsh finances and performances. The pro teams have always had an arm tied behind their back and then they still carry on. Even if teams are now on lesser budgets, they’re still on parity with the Welsh teams. But when the Welsh teams were playing catch up anyway, what do people expect?

If we had a national media that could justify its output, this would be highlighted more. Sadly, we are stuck with Jiffy is stuck in Dubai or wherever type of reporting. Ben James hints at restraints sometimes, but that’s it.

Leinster new million pound academy. Cardiff and Dragons training on council facilities. That’s covid for you, I guess.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 27 Dec 2021, 4:50 pm

That's Glasgow v Edinburgh off too, 1 game played from this game week, forget cross border competition we can't even get games played in the same borders anymore

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Dec 2021, 8:41 pm

Interesting that so many games (all, actually) in Wales, Scotland and Ireland were called off due to COVID outbreaks yet pretty much all the games in the English prem managed to play. How come they didn’t have outbreaks to the same extent?!

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 28 Dec 2021, 12:44 pm

The Oracle wrote:Interesting that so many games (all, actually) in Wales, Scotland and Ireland were called off due to COVID outbreaks yet pretty much all the games in the English prem managed to play.  How come they didn’t have outbreaks to the same extent?!

Bath-Exeter and Newcastle-Sale, so 1/3.

I don't think there is a pattern, more just bad luck

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Dec 2021, 4:28 pm

lostinwales wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Interesting that so many games (all, actually) in Wales, Scotland and Ireland were called off due to COVID outbreaks yet pretty much all the games in the English prem managed to play.  How come they didn’t have outbreaks to the same extent?!

Bath-Exeter and Newcastle-Sale, so 1/3.

I don't think there is a pattern, more just bad luck

I was just looking at the fixtures on Boxing Day and yesterday (when the URC was meant to be playing, as a comparison). Bath played Gloucester on Boxing Day with no issues. Surprised they’re scheduled to play again on the 29th! Tight turnaround to play again in 3 days! They’ll be glad the first game was cancelled! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down