The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GATLAND Vs JONES.

5 posters

Go down

GATLAND Vs JONES. Empty GATLAND Vs JONES.

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 7 Feb - 17:32

Because of England's loss to Scotland on Saturday. Some fans have been saying maybe it is time for EJ to move on. one poster i cannot remember who it was, feard EJ has taken England  as far as he can.

It is being said that Gatland is ready to take over the England coach role after the rugby world cup.
My question is, is Gatland the right man to take England forward? If you look at Gatland's record with Wales. FOR GET THE LIONS. This is not about the Lions. if you look at Gatland's record with Wales it is impressive, but in all that time he only led Wales to one semi final of the rugby world cup.

EJ;s record with England is jus has impressive but he took England to a rugby world final.

They both lost by the way, just iun case you for got.

My question is would employing Gatland be a step back ward, rather than a step forward for England?

My honest opinion i do not know. But i do believe you. yes you do, when i say you i mean all of you, you are the experts so i want your Expert opinion,

Is Gatland the best for England. yes or n.
Discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

GATLAND Vs JONES. Empty Re: GATLAND Vs JONES.

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 7 Feb - 17:37

I'm going to go for: n.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Feb - 18:19

Just in the interests of accuracy, Gatland led Wales to two semi finals (2011 and 2019). Those were very close games too. The 2011 game was where Halfpenny missed a kick against France to put us into the final. We were down to 14 men for most of the game after Warburton’s red card. 2019 against the Boks was pretty close too. So not far off getting to finals. The closest we’ve ever been to getting there in my opinion. The other world cup in 2015 we only got to the quarters.

To answer the question though, no I don’t think WG is a good match for England. Don’t know why. Just don’t think it’s a natural match.

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 7 Feb - 18:30

No. England need a creative coach. Gatlands style has its place and worked for Wales as they already had a generation of incredibly talented backs but England are still early on in their transition to a more flowing style of rugby. Vern Cotter would do well there I think as he has a better balance.

Contrary to most I think EJ has done a good job but he is becoming more ego than substance and needs backroom staff who will challenge him.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 7 Feb - 20:51

I would consider Shaun Edwards for the head coach role. Andy Farrell is doing ok and we know that Shaun is massively passionate and successful as a defence coach, but he has so much more to offer than just defence.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 8 Feb - 4:12

Big n. for me too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down