The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must..

+4
88Chris05
Duty281
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must.. Empty Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Feb 2022, 6:17 pm

Speed..................Khan 10- 9
Power..................Even 10- 10
Chin.....................Brook 10-8
Stamina...............Even 10-10
Prime...................Khan 10-9
Ring rust..............Brook 10-9
Footwork. ...........Khan 10-9
Better wins..........Khan 10-9
Mental strength..Brook 10-9
Ring generalship.Brook 10-9
Defence...............Even 10-10
Cuts/Damage.....Khan 10-8

Khan 115 - Brook 114..

Khan by decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must.. Empty Re: Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must..

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2022, 7:50 pm

I’d say Brook has the edge on power

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must.. Empty Re: Khan v Brook....12 round prediction....10 point must..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Feb 2022, 10:35 pm

Your opinion buddy...Maybe you are right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 15 Feb 2022, 2:24 pm

I think that Brook will target Khan's suspect chin whilst Khan will be attempting to out-speed Brook as he does in most fights.

Think this one depends on who's got the most left to give.

I suspect it's Khan, but I would prefer it to be Brook... Khan UD. And he will be insufferable afterwards.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 15 Feb 2022, 2:45 pm

Khan's just coming for a payday after nearly three years out of the ring. Brook's less rusty and will land on that vulnerable chin. Brook by KO.

Should be a good tear-up, just a shame the fight didn't happen five years ago.

Bookies currently favouring Brook - he's at 4/7, Khan at 11/8.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Feb 2022, 7:14 pm

I’m edging towards Khan tbh. Damaged eye sockets usually mark up fairly easily. Khan usually throws plenty of punches.
Yeah Brook might land one on Khan’s chin. But if those eyes start closing up early doors, Brook won’t last 12 rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 8:25 am

I think we've seen enough of both guys over several years now to trim the most relevant factors down. Both guys have leaky defences - in times gone by you'd obviously say that Khan's chin is the much shakier of the pair to compound that flaw, and that's probably still the case. But Brook was all but finished from the first really worthwhile shot Crawford landed on him, so the advantage he has in that department might not be as great nowadays.

The way both guys are talking it's as if they've accepted the old adage that the early rounds will belong to the speedster. I suspect Khan will come out and try to set a very high pace early on and try to overwhelm Brook in the first few rounds with his hand speed and body punching - basically the two strengths he's always used to compensate for his faults.

Those strengths appeared to still be there in the Dib fight, but it's questionable how much you can read into that given how long ago that was, and also the fact that Dib was never going to be a threat in that fight in any case.

Peak for peak I always favoured Khan, and thought that the version which beat Maidana or Alexander would always be a shade too good for any version of Brook we've seen. But they're both so far gone and without a meaningful win in such a long time that it's not a pick I'd make with any conviction now.

I'm thinking either Khan by a mid-rounds accumulation stoppage, or Brook very late. I'll tentatively stick with Khan, possibly due to Brook's orbitals letting him down and him finding the layoff more debilitating due to his style and reliance on timing.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 10:00 am

Funny.. Khan's 3 year layoff vs Brook's painful three stoppages..

Ring rust vs Accumulation of beatings.

I favour Khan but Brook has more variety in ways he can win...He can land on that dodgy chin...He can find that Khan's speed is neutralised by age and a layoff...He has better timing and is more three dimensional..

Certainly Khan seems calmer and nervous energy could be a killer in a big pressure fight...

If Khan survives the first six.. I think he will have a lead and Brook won't have the energy to pull it back.

Though I do worry in fights like this whether one of them will take the big money and run..

Remember Collins v Benn 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 16 Feb 2022, 10:12 am

Horrible fight. Biggest money grab fight in a generation. Can anyone remember a more past it’s sell by date fight? Khan can win if he sticks and moves I guess. Brook can win if he catches him flush as a daisy, we all know that. Will either ever fight again? I doubt it. Brook never fights a puncher again that’s for sure. PPV for this? Typical Sky, all hype over substance. They were even pushing for a Haye/Fury fight recently. May catch the highlights. You’d like to think a ppv is reserved for when both fighters are bringing lots of momentum and are in and around the top three even four in their weight class. Are either in the top fifteen these days? Horrid fight. Brook pulls himself out if he hears any cracks

Herman Jaeger

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 16 Feb 2022, 10:26 am

Whether we like it or not, this is a big fight and will do big PPV numbers. That it's years past its sell by date isn't a factor to the wider public, they just want to see one of them knock out the other.

As for the fight itself, i'm erring towards Khan, he seems to have slightly more in the tank.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:25 am

Personally I think this is a horrible money grab of a fight as Herman says, but it's such a grudge match that it has sold.

Khan has definitely played the goading game with Brook who has been relatively calm during the build up. Could this have been a mistake? Does Brook have enough left to pull a few heavy ones out of the bag and punch Khan into next week? Is Khan over-confident and has he underestimated Brook?

I don't like Khan, I make no excuses for that. He has delusions of grandeur and craves public recognition a bit too much. But I think this fight comes down to one thing: if Brook can land one on the button, it's over. If not, it's a Khan decision or late injury stoppage.

I would LOVE it if Brook can do a Prescott. Please...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2022, 1:23 pm

Amir Khan 147.3lbs
Kell Brook 148.3lbs
Pretty surprised Brook came in under 149lbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:29 am

Good to see Khan,35, is no longer ducking Brook, 35.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Mr Bounce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Feb 2022, 10:06 pm

Congratulations to Natasha for the win...But it does flare up a problem with the Women..

So many belts and so few fighters..No excuse not to win one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 19 Feb 2022, 10:18 pm

Very true Truss. It diminishes women's boxing that someone can jump three weight divisions to win a world title. There are some very talented women but weight does seem to mean very little.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2022, 10:25 pm

Not to disrespect Jones, but the weight jump was the equivalent of Chocolatito going up to face Josh Taylor….only one outcome if that happened…

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:16 pm

Proper tear-up, great to watch, full credit to both. How Khan didn't go down defies natural science.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:18 pm

Well done Brook.. Khan didn't have it....No snap...No real bad intentions and the body language was all wrong..

But you still have to do the job and Brook was superb..

Please don't retire just yet....The mouthy Benn could do with some humility .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:19 pm

More one sided than I expected but timing beats speed. Brook again showing how badly managed his career has been, had all the attributes as he showed against Spence. Golovkin and poor title defences wrecked it for him.

I actually think Brook purposefully prolonged that.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:21 pm

Depending on PPV revenue, Khan’s mouth probably earned Boxxer some cash.
So everyone’s a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:22 pm

Fabulous. Now they can both retire.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:25 pm

Be surprised if Brook retires...Especially when he watches it back..

Looked good....But then again he was in with a shell.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:28 pm

I think this was the last-ditch effort to earn some retirement funds Truss. Not sure we'll see either of them fight again. No point in having a rematch - that was one-sided.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:31 pm

Can definitely see Brook vs Benn at 154 tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:34 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Can definitely see Brook vs Benn at 154 tbh

Don't think Brook has anything to gain from fighting Benn. A different generation entirely. He's been in some wars and had some nasty defeats and injuries. He has only lost to the best, so he has nothing to prove. He'll retire in my eyes.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2022, 11:44 pm

I understand what your saying, Brook got £3m + an undisclosed bonus for the fight.
If money is a motivation for Brook, say £5m to fight Benn might be difficult to turn down.
You never know he might get an opportunity against Keith Thurman Jr...

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 20 Feb 2022, 12:17 am

Eubank and his promoters have called out Brook, Eubank is a conman and I hope this fight doesn’t happen, if it does it’s embarrassing

wheelchair1991

hogey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 20 Feb 2022, 1:27 am

Brook was sharper than I expected - but Khan was a lot more deteriorated than I expected. Never really got his legs back under him after that first round, and though he has fleeting moments of success his shots looked like ineffective arm punches. No structure to what he was doing and his body punching was never a factor - he barely went downstairs at all.

Yeah, took his licks and all that, but he was dreadful and looked an absolute husk in there. Tentatively backed him beforehand but could tell almost instantly I was mistaken on that front. I thought he'd try to set a high tempo early and look to blind Brook with speed before he had a chance to settle, but he conceded ground straight away and was fighting way too reactionary a fight.

But Brook was better than I expected and boxed with controlled aggression and patience. Handled the occasion much better by the looks of things. I'd be amazed if he quit now.

I've actually got almost no interest at all in seeing him against either of Eubank Jr. or Conor Benn. Those two can sod off and actually fight some relevant competition near the top of their divisions if they want to make a name for themselves, rather than go for the cynical option of trying to piggy back off a fading name who they're catching at the right time. I've never been a great Brook fan but it'd still stick in the craw a bit to see him served up as a (potential) stepping stone, and based on his performance here he'd still be too much for Benn right now, even if he's a little over the hill.

Do I see Brook beating the titlists at 147 or 154? Probably not, but he's earned the right to try and bag another belt and mix it with some higher-class competition again.
88Chris05
88Chris05

hogey and wheelchair1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down