The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't...

4 posters

Go down

The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't... Empty The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 30 Sep 2022, 3:08 pm

Not talking about ruggedly handsome..Clark Gable types like myself Wink ....I'm talking about pretty boys that look like they could appreciate Warhol, spout Wildean quotes....The "Boys" Men think they could bully (To their cost) and those Women want to take home to Mom...for her to appreciate..

Georges Carpentier......The great Frenchman was a pretty boy also one of the greatest 175 pounders of alltime....Went to war with the great Dempsey for two of their four rounds in Boxing's first million dollar gate. Dapper, intelligent and the the sort of chivalrous looking guy more earthy gentleman would hate..

Ray Leonard.....Boyish looking, Well spoken and someone you would look at and think classy guy...Nice disposition.....Poitier effect and a top 10 p4per of alltime..I imagine one look at a young Leonard in a nightclub and 99% of the Men would think I can take him...Bless.. rose

Stanley Ketchel.....Reminds me a bit of Heath Ledger.....Died young just like him.....Had he succeeded in doublecrossing Johnson we'd be talking about a potential top 10 p4per....Looks were his undoing in the end I guess....Great middleweight though. The kind of pretty face that wouldn't worry you before the fight started.

Oscar Dela Hoya........Everybody would like to see their daughter bring home a wholesome kid like Oscar.....Pretty boy smile, looks like a gentleman and handy with it....Feel sorry for any Bully that saw the face though and thought easy night....Still we all gotta learn.

Muhammad Ali.....What can you say ????....Handsome in a pretty way and I imagine someone took lightly at the start because of his boyish looks.....For me beats Robbo to number 1....Always be the greatest...

Chavez, Lalonde and Gamache get mentions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darrin Van Horn........Wholesome white boy....That traded on his image...Won two undeserved titles against alphabet boys and got trashed off Rosi and Barkley......

Robin Blake.....Probably never heard of him over here but he was a feature on ESPN years ago and the future of the lightweight division....Tall...White and good looking. Unfortunately got slapped off the underachieving Jimmy Paul....

Michael Olajide.....The middleweight Michael Jackson...Fighters didn't know whether to fight him or you know what....Believe it or not many picked him to beat Frank Tate..Myself included, but got a one sided slap....Lost to Barkley and then bye bye..

Engels Pedrosa....An LA creation...Think he was 18-0 18......and I think 80% of the LA forum was Women.....Beautiful untouched Hispanic cutey face which got him magazine inches until he fought his first contender Mike Johnson....Never to be heard of again although he won and lost repeatedly..

Gary Stretch....Made a good career in the movies but died on his backside against Eubank jr......But fairplay to him those sharkzilla movies are pretty popular in some places and you can't knock success....

Have a good weekend.... The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't... 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Herman Jaeger likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't... Empty Re: The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't...

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Sep 2022, 7:31 pm

You on the turn, Truss?

Emile Griffith was very pretty, as is Anthony Joshua. David Lemieux, Lennox with dreadlocks around the time he fought Mercer, and Ryan Garcia of the present day to round out the top five.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't... Empty Re: The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 30 Sep 2022, 7:43 pm

Past the turn at my age...

Emile Griffiths never struck me as a pretty boy...But you are a better judge than me...

If he is pretty he belongs on the list... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Thu 06 Oct 2022, 6:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not talking about ruggedly handsome..Clark Gable types like myself  Wink ....I'm talking about pretty boys that look like they could appreciate Warhol, spout Wildean quotes....The "Boys" Men think they could bully (To their cost) and those Women want to take home to Mom...for her to appreciate..

Georges Carpentier......The great Frenchman was a pretty boy also one of the greatest 175 pounders of alltime....Went to war with the great Dempsey for two of their four rounds in Boxing's first million dollar gate.  Dapper, intelligent and the the sort of chivalrous looking guy more earthy gentleman would hate..

Ray Leonard.....Boyish looking, Well spoken and someone you would look at and think classy guy...Nice disposition.....Poitier effect and a top 10 p4per of alltime..I imagine one look at a young Leonard in a nightclub and 99% of the Men would think I can take him...Bless.. rose

Stanley Ketchel.....Reminds me a bit of Heath Ledger.....Died young just like him.....Had he succeeded in doublecrossing Johnson we'd be talking about a potential top 10 p4per....Looks were his undoing in the end I guess....Great middleweight though.  The kind of pretty face that wouldn't worry you before the fight started.

Oscar Dela Hoya........Everybody would like to see their daughter bring home a wholesome kid like Oscar.....Pretty boy smile, looks like a gentleman and handy with it....Feel sorry for any Bully that saw the face though and thought easy night....Still we all gotta learn.

Muhammad Ali.....What can you say ????....Handsome in a pretty way and I imagine someone took lightly at the start because of his boyish looks.....For me beats Robbo to number 1....Always be the greatest...

Chavez, Lalonde and Gamache get mentions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darrin Van Horn........Wholesome white boy....That traded on his image...Won two undeserved titles against alphabet boys and got trashed off Rosi and Barkley......

Robin Blake.....Probably never heard of him over here but he was a feature on ESPN years ago and the future of the lightweight division....Tall...White and good looking.  Unfortunately got slapped off the underachieving Jimmy Paul....

Michael Olajide.....The middleweight Michael Jackson...Fighters didn't know whether to fight him or you know what....Believe it or not many picked him to beat Frank Tate..Myself included, but got a one sided slap....Lost to Barkley and then bye bye..

Engels Pedrosa....An LA creation...Think he was 18-0 18......and I think 80% of the LA forum was Women.....Beautiful untouched Hispanic cutey face which got him magazine inches until he fought his first contender Mike Johnson....Never to be heard of again although he won and lost repeatedly..

Gary Stretch....Made a good career in the movies but died on his backside against Eubank jr......But fairplay to him those sharkzilla movies are pretty popular in some places and you can't knock success....

Have a good weekend.... The Top 5 pretty boys that could fight....and five others that couldn't... 3559488474

I believe that you are the second person on this site to mention Gary Stretch, the first being me 😉

I would still say he was a decent scrapper. No shame in losing to Eubank Sr.

John Conteh I think deserves a mention -Ali said to him! " I don't like you ,you're prettier than me!"
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 12:08 pm

Only remember Conteh for getting slapped off Matthew Saad.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 07 Oct 2022, 12:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Only remember Conteh for getting slapped off Matthew Saad.......

Interesting you mention those fights considering your latest postings.

Adolph Ritacco and Nick Belflore, Saad Muhammad's corner men, were suspended by the New Jersey State Athletic Commission for using an illegal adrenalin chloride solution mixed with ground tea leaves to stop the bleeding from the cut above his left eye. The WBC, which allowed only Vaseline or adrenalin chloride 1-1000 to be used on cuts, declared the bout a no contest and ordered an immediate rematch.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 12:14 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Only remember Conteh for getting slapped off Matthew Saad.......

Interesting you mention those fights considering your latest postings.

Adolph Ritacco and Nick Belflore, Saad Muhammad's corner men, were suspended by the New Jersey State Athletic Commission for using an illegal adrenalin chloride solution mixed with ground tea leaves to stop the bleeding from the cut above his left eye. The WBC, which allowed only Vaseline or adrenalin chloride 1-1000 to be used on cuts, declared the bout a no contest and ordered an immediate rematch.

Conteh admitted to losing his bollox before Saad...

Never held American Boxing to a higher standard....No need for the smokescreening..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down