The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 FIFA World Cup

+12
westisbest
Afro
Pal Joey
alfie
JDizzle
Luckless Pedestrian
superflyweight
GSC
dummy_half
Galted
Samo
Duty281
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 4 Empty 2022 FIFA World Cup

Post by Duty281 Sun 11 Dec 2022, 12:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

"We've lost a game, I don't think we should be speaking about referees," Southgate said. "I can just compliment France and wish them good luck. They're a fantastic team."

This isn't good enough. By all means compliment the French, but this is the 8th major tournament since 1970 where incompetent officiating (at best) has played a key part in England's exit. It needs to be called out rather than just accepting it, as is the English custom. Other countries pressure officials, England do not. This is the result.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2022 FIFA World Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Dec 2022, 1:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:They beat them on penalties.  They beat them.  

Yes, they beat them on penalties, not in open play. Open play was a draw.

You're making yourself look silly now.  I know some people have suggested that you lie about your age on here, but I would have assumed that you were older than you claimed, not younger.

Of course I'm not. Open play was a draw, that is indisputable. Croatia did not beat Brazil in open play, which is the point I was making. They did win on the silly tiebreak which, if you ran it 100 times, would result in something close to a 50-50 outcome.

Duty281 wrote:Croatia did not beat an elite team at this tournament, either, they drew with Brazil.

No caveats in that statement.  

Well, you can't draw a penalty shootout, can you, so I thought the point was fairly obvious.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Dec 2022, 1:28 pm

Samo wrote:Just because the bookies didnt pay out on your bet because they didnt win in 90 minutes doesnt mean Croatia didnt beat Brazil.

What bet?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Dec 2022, 1:32 pm

Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

You're making yourself look silly now.  I know some people have suggested that you lie about your age on here, but I would have assumed that you were older than you claimed, not younger.

Of course I'm not. Open play was a draw, that is indisputable. Croatia did not beat Brazil in open play, which is the point I was making. They did win on the silly tiebreak which, if you ran it 100 times, would result in something close to a 50-50 outcome.

Duty281 wrote:Croatia did not beat an elite team at this tournament, either, they drew with Brazil.

Well, you can't draw a penalty shootout, can you, so I thought the point was fairly obvious.

You also can't draw a knock-out game.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Dec 2022, 1:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

You can draw it in open play. That's how it goes to penalties.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Dec 2022, 2:06 pm

Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

You can draw it in open play. That's how it goes to penalties.

Which are part of the match. Croatia beat Brazil and no caveat is required.  You tried to move the goalposts (something Harry Kane should have considered) and it's getting silly now.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 25 Dec 2022, 12:59 pm

No, you merely misunderstood the point I was making.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 05 Jan 2023, 2:42 pm

I understood the point you were making.  It was stupid.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jan 2023, 3:13 pm

Yes, I forgot to factor in that you might struggle to comprehend (that means to understand something) the difference between a win in open play and a win on penalties. I'll make sure to simplify my posts in future if I respond to you.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 05 Jan 2023, 3:28 pm

Have you been taking debating lessons from Robbie Savage?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 06 Jan 2023, 10:53 am

Duty281 wrote:Yes, I forgot to factor in that you might struggle to comprehend (that means to understand something) the difference between a win in open play and a win on penalties. I'll make sure to simplify my posts in future if I respond to you.

A win is a win, no caveats* needed.

*unless of course Duty called something wrong again and needs an excuse

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 09 Jan 2023, 11:41 pm

Gareth Bale retired from all football today. His final swansong was the absolute carry job to get Wales past Austria and Ukraine and into that first WC in 64 years. It’s such a shame his body gave up the ghost and he was reduced to a passenger in Qatar, but no-one will remember that in Wales. They’ll remember the 41 goals he did score, of which a fair proportion were absolute rockets with that left boot.

The win over Belgium in Euro 2016 will be the high point for him I am sure, but it’s not an outrageous statement to say he rejuvenated international football in Wales. Others have undoubtedly helped, but there is no way Wales make the major tournaments they have done or get crowds they now get without Bale.

To have someone as good as Bale was in his prime who truly loved representing his country was a joy to behold. Viva Gareth Bale.

JDizzle

Luckless Pedestrian, alfie and RiscaGame like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly_01 Tue 10 Jan 2023, 6:33 am

In all honesty, i gave up watching this World Cup after Argentina beat The Netherlands. It was during that match that I simply felt that Argentina were going to be gifted (or at least gifted every opportunity) to win the World Cup by FIFA.

The fact that Messi could get away with pretty much anything without punishment. The deliberate handball against The Dutch was just amazing. The disrespect that Messi showed opponents was horrendous. No matter how good a player he is, he is simply a dislikeable character to me. He is in the same boat as Neymar and Ronaldo for that.

On England's performance, again fell short against a top team at a major competition but i felt they were very hard done by from the ref and i actually thought they were the better team against France.

For me, this World Cup will go down as the most corrupt and the poorest officiated World Cup in history.

I would honestly love to see countries move away from FIFA as their corruption is so deep that it can no longer be cleansed.

eirebilly_01

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 10 Jan 2023, 10:54 am

eirebilly_01 wrote:In all honesty, i gave up watching this World Cup after Argentina beat The Netherlands. It was during that match that I simply felt that Argentina were going to be gifted (or at least gifted every opportunity) to win the World Cup by FIFA.

The fact that Messi could get away with pretty much anything without punishment. The deliberate handball against The Dutch was just amazing. The disrespect that Messi showed opponents was horrendous. No matter how good a player he is, he is simply a dislikeable character to me. He is in the same boat as Neymar and Ronaldo for that.

On England's performance, again fell short against a top team at a major competition but i felt they were very hard done by from the ref and i actually thought they were the better team against France.

For me, this World Cup will go down as the most corrupt and the poorest officiated World Cup in history.

I would honestly love to see countries move away  from FIFA as their corruption is so deep that it can no longer be cleansed.

I'd forgotten about that! The referee had already booked a player for deliberate handball, Messi was on a yellow. There's only one possible reason Messi wasn't booked. I'm pretty sure these things aren't meant to be discretionary.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

JDizzle wrote:Gareth Bale retired from all football today. His final swansong was the absolute carry job to get Wales past Austria and Ukraine and into that first WC in 64 years. It’s such a shame his body gave up the ghost and he was reduced to a passenger in Qatar, but no-one will remember that in Wales. They’ll remember the 41 goals he did score, of which a fair proportion were absolute rockets with that left boot.

The win over Belgium in Euro 2016 will be the high point for him I am sure, but it’s not an outrageous statement to say he rejuvenated international football in Wales. Others have undoubtedly helped, but there is no way Wales make the major tournaments they have done or get crowds they now get without Bale.

To have someone as good as Bale was in his prime who truly loved representing his country was a joy to behold. Viva Gareth Bale.

It'll have been a disappointment for Bale himself that he was considerably past his prime in Qatar, but you can't do anything about the passage of time.

Aside from his influence on Wales, the thing I'll remember about him, and it's easy to forget now, is how rapid he was in his prime (see also Ronaldo when he was at Barca). That performance for Spurs against Inter was phenomenal.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 10 Jan 2023, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly_01 Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:28 am

I am probably going over the top a little with my conspiracy theories Lucky but i do feel that there was a clear instruction to protect Messi and keep him on the field. Had he have seen red, not sure Argentina would have recovered to be fair.

The actions of the Argentinian team in that game were also completely savage and you would have to think that a lesser team would have seen sanctions for committing similar offences...

eirebilly_01

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:55 am

I agree that some referees seemed to have the Messi narrative in their heads.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 14 Mar 2023, 4:08 pm

Duty281 wrote:FIFA formally reconsidering the 16 x 3 group idea. The only good solution is a 32-team World Cup.
12 groups of 4
Top 2 + 8 best 3rd place teams go through
104 games total
40 days long

Thank goodness FIFA stepped in to save football from greed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Lowlandbrit

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 15 Mar 2023, 3:42 pm

Least some sh1te teams like Ireland might make it, (hopefully).

A trip to Canada would be great. Again hopefully.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4