The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In defence of Amir Khan....

4 posters

Go down

In defence of Amir Khan.... Empty In defence of Amir Khan....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Apr 2023, 2:10 pm

Not the greatest fan of Amir Khan.....But the fact he had only a 20th of what you need of the Sarm "Osterine" in your system to be effective on fight night....Makes no sense really unless he happened to take a supplement without being fully aware of what was in it......As Sarms go it isn't one you would want to take near fight night anyway with its ability to stimulate headaches and its ability to pain the joints....

It's proper use for Boxers but mainly Bodybuilders would be in cycling it a couple of months out before a fight or show......Certainly works in building low fat gains and all that but then again Khan was regularly tested in the build up to the fight and these drugs take a couple of weeks to leave the system....Khan has more experience in testing than the lamentable Conor Benn anyway....Perhaps he could have only started taking it two weeks out but when I was a teenager taking steroids (Misused childhood) Generally takes time for these things to kick in....Dianabol takes a couple of weeks for sure....So I doubt that..

I imagine he has taken some kind of stimulant on the night of the fight without realising negligible amounts of naughty is inside it.

Shame anyway to end a career on this note.....I'm not going to hang him...Looks like a genuine mistake to me.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

In defence of Amir Khan.... Empty Re: In defence of Amir Khan....

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Apr 2023, 11:46 pm

It didn't really make sense for him to be "doping". He didn't seem to take this fight so seriously unlike Kell Brook. It was Brook that chased Amir Khan during their prime for a fight while Khan was focused on other and for him bigger things.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 06 Apr 2023, 9:52 am

The way it's been reported, it does sound like a contaminated supplement issue - strict liability means that Khan is responsible for it being there, but also accepted that it was not intentional i.e. was careless or reckless use of a product

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Apr 2023, 10:47 am

Khan sounded pretty flippant regarding the issue.....I quite liked his response of "I was pretty poop in that fight, did I look like I was on anything?" (Or words to that effect).

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down