The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 US Presidential Election

+17
Pr4wn
No name Bertie
Soul Requiem
navyblueshorts
JuliusHMarx
alfie
Samo
Lowlandbrit
Pal Joey
mountain man
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
the-goon2
dummy_half
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
21 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 May 2023, 11:10 am

Thought we should have a thread on it, as Ron DeSantis is expected to launch his campaign on Twitter this evening. He's trailing Trump by a big margin for the Republican nomination, around 37% behind in the polling average. But there's a lot of time for things to change and the oddsmakers only have DeSantis as a 2/1 outsider, against Trump's 2/5. Doesn't appear to be any other serious contenders for the Republican nomination at this point.

Biden is expected to run again and defend his crown, but his advancing age (he's into his 80s now) and low approval ratings means he may be vulnerable to a Democratic challenger. The most likely challenger seems to be Robert Kennedy Jr. who has already announced his candidacy and has polled as high as 21%, but that was still 49% behind Biden. As such, Biden's a 2/9 clear favourite to be the Democrat nominee in 2024, but if he drops out for whatever reason then the race is wide open.

Only 531 days until the election...

Duty281

Posts : 32767
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 May 2023, 1:42 pm

if I was a betting Man I'd bet on Kamala Harris winning in 2024.....18 months is a long time and Biden gets more frail everyday....If he doesn't make it the line will be let's give Kamala a real chance at changing America.....Certainly 2/9 is crazy...

DeSantis is 2/1 because Trump is 77 in two weeks.....No great excitement around DeSantis and I think Trump thinks he can take him pretty easy. Though Iowa first up is good for DeSantis and Momentum is a good thing....

Kennedy JR and Marianne Wilson will struggle because the networks are all in on Biden....

But you never rule the Kennedy's out...Even now... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by dummy_half Wed 24 May 2023, 2:14 pm

Duty281 wrote:...

Only 531 days until the election...

And therein lies one of the biggest issues with American politics - far too much time is spent campaigning, and far too little actually doing.

RFK jr is not a credible challenger on the Democrat side (he's an anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist). If Biden does decide to step down (unlikely) there will be an interesting scramble for the nomination (Harris as VP doesn't appear to have any momentum in this regard) - the interesting questions that would raise is whether the US is ready to elect a female or openly gay man as President.

dummy_half

Posts : 6330
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 52
Location : East Hertfordshire

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Wed 24 May 2023, 2:18 pm

It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 May 2023, 2:52 pm

dummy_half wrote:
Duty281 wrote:...

Only 531 days until the election...

And therein lies one of the biggest issues with American politics - far too much time is spent campaigning, and far too little actually doing.

RFK jr is not a credible challenger on the Democrat side (he's an anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist). If Biden does decide to step down (unlikely) there will be an interesting scramble for the nomination (Harris as VP doesn't appear to have any momentum in this regard) -  the interesting questions that would raise is whether the US is ready to elect a female or openly gay man as President.

Campaign length - Yes, the first US election I remember was in 2004, and I saw highlights of Bush doing rallies and the like on the news for months and thinking 'doesn't he have an actual job to be getting on with?' Campaign lengths are far, far too long and I wonder how much mental energy an incumbent President expends on campaigning rather than actually being President. We at least seem to get that right in this country.

On Kennedy Jr, I think there's a great number of Americans who will buy into his anti-vaccine rhetoric. He's a political smorgasbord: his anti-vaccine viewpoints and conspiracy theorist opinions will appeal to many Republican voters; while his consistent opposition to US foreign interventions, support for a wealth tax and opposition to fossil fuels will appeal to Democrat voters and disaffected independents. I'm not sure he can marry it all up into a credible campaign, but I think he has a viable chance of getting the nomination if Biden drops out late in the day. After the success of Trump's campaign I'm wary of saying anyone isn't a credible challenger. And, I think Truss pointed this out in a separate thread, the Kennedy name is still worth a fair bit.

Biden should coast the nomination process if he stands, but it's wide open if he doesn't. I don't think there's any issue with America voting for a female President if the chance comes up. Someone who's openly gay? That might be trickier.

I do think Trump will win the Republican nomination, unless legal troubles or health issues prohibit him from running a campaign (he will be 78 by the time of the election). Whoever gets the Republican nomination should be confident of defeating Biden, presuming he runs, with Biden's low approval ratings and weak economic performance.

Duty281

Posts : 32767
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 May 2023, 4:41 pm

the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Wed 24 May 2023, 5:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


I'm sure Soros or some other democrat donor will help get their Brown shirts back on the street again.

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 May 2023, 9:00 am

the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


I'm sure Soros or some other democrat donor will help get their Brown shirts back on the street again.

Is there not some kind of Reddit board where you could be spouting this sh1te to like minded knobheads?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2011-01-26

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Thu 25 May 2023, 10:46 am

superflyweight wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


I'm sure Soros or some other democrat donor will help get their Brown shirts back on the street again.

Is there not some kind of Reddit board where you could be spouting this sh1te to like minded knobheads?  

Wouldn't your time be better spent licking walls?

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 May 2023, 10:56 am

the-goon2 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


I'm sure Soros or some other democrat donor will help get their Brown shirts back on the street again.

Is there not some kind of Reddit board where you could be spouting this sh1te to like minded knobheads?  

Wouldn't your time be better spent licking walls?

Than conversing with you? Probably.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2011-01-26

navyblueshorts, lostinwales and JuliusHMarx like this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Thu 25 May 2023, 1:23 pm

DeSantis' campaign launch was quite a flop. The only advantage he appears to have over Trump is the amount of funds in his possession.

Duty281

Posts : 32767
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 May 2023, 11:02 am

Duty281 wrote:DeSantis' campaign launch was quite a flop. The only advantage he appears to have over Trump is the amount of funds in his possession.

Talking of funds, heard an interesting (subjective) anecdote this morning.

The US Treasury currently has a $50b cash balance. Less than 24 people on the Bloomberg Rich List.

Haven't fact checked the Rich List data as I can't be bothered but if it is true, it is quite alarming.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 20966
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 May 2023, 11:37 am

Latest Democratic primary poll..........

Biden 60%
Kennedy Jr 20%
Williamson 8%

Not a good poll for a President looking for a second term......

Obama was 89% in 2012..
Clinton 89% in 1996...

Pretty much unheard of for a reigning Democrat President to have 40% not wanting him as the candidate..

Pierce falling over the Missouri compromise and LBJ vietnam are the only Democrats that readily spring to mind.

Usually a GOP thing........Ford...Taft...Arthur....and Fillmore spring to mind as incumbents the Party wanted out...

Millard Fillmore...."The President that hated everybody"...His Wife most of all.

"Filly the thug" was the Vice President of Zach Taylor who died eating Strawberries in the White House gardens.....For years the rumor was Fillmore had poisoned him.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Fri 26 May 2023, 1:32 pm

That's an interesting poll. Also shows that of the 60% who support Biden, 42% of them are open to changing their minds. Only 35% overall have a favourable view of Biden, his approval rating is a terrible 40%, and 66% say a second Biden term would be either a disaster or a setback for the country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/25/politics/cnn-poll-democrats-2024/index.html#:~:text=Within%20his%20own%20party%2C%2060,an%20unnamed%20%E2%80%9Csomeone%20else.%E2%80%9D

Shouldn't be surprising, of course. Biden squeaked the 2020 election very narrowly, and that election was effectively a referendum on Trump, it had very little to do with Biden himself. A random American plucked off the street would have done as well as Biden, possibly even better. But for 2024 the spotlight will be on Biden and he doesn't have much in the way of success to point to. The Democrats should find a different candidate, as it will be very tough for Biden to win again.

Duty281

Posts : 32767
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 May 2023, 2:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:That's an interesting poll. Also shows that of the 60% who support Biden, 42% of them are open to changing their minds. Only 35% overall have a favourable view of Biden, his approval rating is a terrible 40%, and 66% say a second Biden term would be either a disaster or a setback for the country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/25/politics/cnn-poll-democrats-2024/index.html#:~:text=Within%20his%20own%20party%2C%2060,an%20unnamed%20%E2%80%9Csomeone%20else.%E2%80%9D

Shouldn't be surprising, of course. Biden squeaked the 2020 election very narrowly, and that election was effectively a referendum on Trump, it had very little to do with Biden himself. A random American plucked off the street would have done as well as Biden, possibly even better. But for 2024 the spotlight will be on Biden and he doesn't have much in the way of success to point to. The Democrats should find a different candidate, as it will be very tough for Biden to win again.

It was more of a covid election.........Trump wasn't good on dealing with the problem.

Rule no1......President always owns the Economy even if it isn't his fault.....

Grover Cleveland (Only President to get married at the WH) and Herbert Hoover.......Pretty much got screwed by the previous incumbent......Obama would have been if it was somebody better than Romney..

Threee debates will be a problem for Joe if it isn't Trump......

Think Biden beats Trump........But loses to a Rubio or Christie.......Probably beats Cruz or Desantis too.

EI poll...(EchelonInsights)

Kennedy Jr

Favorable......44
Unfav...........22

Biden

Favorable....40
Unfav.........58

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 May 2023, 10:33 am

superflyweight wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:It looks like a repeat of the 2020 election.

I can't see anyone beating Trump for the nomination, as good as DeSantis is, and how well he is governing Florida; he is seen as a successor, not a challenger to Trump. He is right to run but he won't win, let's hope T and DeS don't torpedo their presidential campaign in the primaries.
As for the Dems, it will be Biden. He ran as a brainless corpse in 2020, don't see how that changes in 2024. The dems don't do challengers, they take their orders from the top, not the voter.

As for the election itself, the state of the US will be far worse in 2024 than it is today. You would therefore think that voters will want change, but I don't think that will be case. I can see the late mail-in vote drops carrying Biden to victory again.

And there are all the other variables that will no doubt throw spanners into the works.
What will BLM/Anifa and the other Democrat Brown Shirts have up their sleeves? How many cities will they burn this time?
How will the RINOs in the GOP try to sabotage Trump?

It won't be boring.

The Economy is 90% of the Election......Trump was winning in the polls comfortably before Covid struck a spanner in the works and the Economy..

Everything else like Roe v Wade and Healthcare less so......As for BLM well they are bankrupt...Where has the money gone ???..People have been had !!


I'm sure Soros or some other democrat donor will help get their Brown shirts back on the street again.

Is there not some kind of Reddit board where you could be spouting this sh1te to like minded knobheads?  

r/conservative

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 13118
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 May 2023, 10:34 am

DeSantis might not survive the dry b**ming he's going to get from the Mouse House yet.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 13118
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Jun 2023, 2:59 pm

(Morning consult.....)

Trump 43
Biden..43

Biden......43
Desantis 40

(Echeloninsights)

Biden...46
Trump..44

Biden...46
Desant.42

Trump....46
Harris....39

Desantis..45
Harris.....40

Desantis launch has affected his rating and Kamala just isn't popular..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 02 Jun 2023, 9:09 am

I really despair at the lack of quality in election candidates world wide. *

I mean, are Biden and Trump really the best the US can come up with?

Turkey re-elects Erdogan.

Putin will be there until he keels over.

UK politics a shambles most of time.

* obviously in certain countries a fair and transparent election process isn't followed.

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Jun 2023, 10:20 am

mountain man wrote:I really despair at the lack of quality in election candidates world wide. *

I mean, are Biden and Trump really the best the US can come up with?

Turkey re-elects Erdogan.

Putin will be there until he keels over.

UK politics a shambles most of time.

* obviously in certain countries a fair and transparent election process isn't followed.

Who isn't fed up with them.

It would be far more interesting to see a de Santis v Newsom Presidential race - just for our own sanity and a change of scenery.

Just to clarify: I don't think Gavin Newsom (California Democrat Governor) has actually put his hand up yet but I'd much prefer someone like him with experience in running such a large state economy have a crack at the Presidency, rather than more of Biden or dare I say Harris. At least he's a generation younger (as is de Santis) and looks more like Presidential material. It's an interesting life he's had - if you look him up and read his story.

It would also be a good contest against someone like de Santis who also has experience with running a large state such as Florida. I also think such a political contest would provide us with a new kind of political polarity and give us all a big break from all of this Trump-Biden nonsense.

I realise Truss (on here) might say - "that'll never happen... there's not enough $ behind either of them and there would be too many folk opposed to de Santis in large swathes of Trump's middle America, etc". But 18 months out, it would be good to see some sensible 'sponsors' stick their neck out for a change and back another horse.

Failing that, all we've really got is the possibility of Biden falling down a bigger set of stairs or Trump choking on a cheeseburger.

We can all live in hope I guess.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 53354
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Ku-ring-gai

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Jun 2023, 7:58 pm

The good news Dr Cornel West is running for President the bad news is he isn't running as an independent but with the People's party founded by Sanders surrogate Nick Brana who has had some nasty allegations chucked at him....

West is respected like Sanders and I wish him well.

DeSantis is only hope is if the rest of the pretenders like Pence who is on 7% drop out early......Trump is 35% ahead of DeSantis but that is with the Establishment lot still in.....So it is probably 12-15% in a two horse race..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jun 2023, 1:41 pm

Michigan poll.......Bellwether Boulevard state

Joe Biden 45 -5
Trump.....42 -1

DeSantis 45
Biden......43

Whatever their prospective leanings...How Republican voters see a Candidate doing in the marginals could play heavily in the overall....DeSantis has some good news in the "Wolverine" State...

Doing much better in first up Iowa too...Which could mean momentum..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Pal Joey Thu 08 Jun 2023, 1:54 pm

Saw some of Chris Christie earlier, Truss. What's he like? I see his popularity as NJ Governor rose significantly after Hurricane Sandy but he's a checkered sort of character, is he not? He's done some odd things or been involved (or implicated) in some dodgy activities, policies too.

Now he's getting stuck into Trump (after previously working for him) but doesn't that muddy the already muddy waters? Seems like a professional spoiler for Trump. He looks so overweight... like a walking timebomb... but I assume he won't go as far as any of the other Republican candidates.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 53354
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Ku-ring-gai

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jun 2023, 2:27 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Saw some of Chris Christie earlier, Truss. What's he like? I see his popularity as NJ Governor rose significantly after Hurricane Sandy but he's a checkered sort of character, is he not? He's done some odd things or been involved (or implicated) in some dodgy activities, policies too.

Now he's getting stuck into Trump (after previously working for him) but doesn't that muddy the already muddy waters? Seems like a professional spoiler for Trump. He looks so overweight... like a walking timebomb... but I assume he won't go as far as any of the other Republican candidates.

Christie is sharp as a tack.....Hugely charismatic...Arrogant...Lazy  and far too confrontational.  Also was seen hugging Obama during Sandy and that has been chucked at him often (Big No No).....He's tried and failed for the WH but superbly screwed Rubio during one of the debates last time...It will be on Youtube probably one of the best gotcha debate moments ever....Which helped Trump enormously.

Think he expected the Attorney General position under Trump and got upset and left the Trump Train....Apparently he had a fall out with Trump's Son in law....

But he managed to win and hold New Jersey (Blackpool on Steroids) which is no mean feat......Last few Governors before him and the one after and current one were/are Democrats..

As for the WH there is more chance of an Elvis comeback...Not even a spoiler really.  He doesn't resonate.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 08 Jun 2023, 2:31 pm

Can't see Christie being any sort of significant factor. Pence getting in and going after Trump could be interesting though.

Lowlandbrit

Posts : 2654
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jun 2023, 2:44 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Can't see Christie being any sort of significant factor. Pence getting in and going after Trump could be interesting though.

Pence is an extremist even by GOP apple pie standards...Besides he seemed to side with the Democrats during the Capitol riots.....

I imagine his job is just to add to the anyone-but-Trump voices.....But you need money to run and any donor wasting it on this busted flush needs therapy.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 08 Jun 2023, 3:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I imagine his job is just to add to the anyone-but-Trump voices...
Probably, but of those he appears the most likely to make something happen. If he's decided to go on a crusade against Trump, he doesn't seem like the type to be easily discouraged.

Lowlandbrit

Posts : 2654
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Samo Fri 09 Jun 2023, 4:09 am

Trump officially indicted (again) this time for unauthorised holding of classified documents. He faces 7 charges and he’ll find out what they are when he appears in a federal court in Miami on Tuesday.

This guy is gonna be the first President elected from a jail cell.

Samo

Posts : 5722
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by alfie Fri 09 Jun 2023, 4:58 am

Samo wrote:Trump officially indicted (again) this time for unauthorised holding of classified documents. He faces 7 charges and he’ll find out what they are when he appears in a federal court in Miami on Tuesday.

This guy is gonna be the first President elected from a jail cell.

Crazy thing is his fans would happily elect him even if he were in prison... Wouldn't need to storm the building then as he could presumably pardon himself Smile

alfie

Posts : 20903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 8:37 am

Trouble is Trump will no doubt wriggle out of it somehow, political power seems to make some immune from laws.

Changing onto his rival for 2024, Biden not exactly dispelling air of decrepitude. Meets Sunak and calls him Mr President.
Yes a slip of tongue maybe and a lot could do that but he is rather prone to it.

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 10:39 am

The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 11:48 am

Biden's team a little bit worried about Dr West throwing his hat in the ring as a pretty much independent..."We like Dr West but he could let Trump in..."...

This from the administration that has cut the food stamps of 30 million Americans at a time of rising food costs....in other news military aid to the Ukraine so far equals a whole year of food stamps for 41 million Americans..

You're not entitled to progressive votes it is time you earned them you Corporate lackeys..

If Trump did win (which he won't)...It won't be West's fault.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 11:59 am

the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

It might be a political witch hunt but then again only a fool would defend Trump or think he's not guilty. He incited the riot on Capitol hill, he had documents he shouldn't have, he tried to "persuade" Raffensperger to find him votes, on tape admitting sexually abusing women etc etc etc.

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:09 pm

mountain man wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

It might be a political witch hunt but then again only a fool would defend Trump or think he's not guilty. He incited the riot on Capitol hill, he had documents he shouldn't have, he tried to "persuade" Raffensperger to find him votes, on tape admitting sexually abusing women etc etc etc.

All Presidents have documents they shouldn't have...Non Presidents like Clinton were done for taking home classified documents...It's BS...All Commanders in Chief hide stuff or try to..

DOJ and the rest of Biden's beat are scared of Trump and are targetting him.......Kennedy had Nixon and his family audited regularly....Roosevelt had his people follow President Hoover around because he was the leading anti war voice......"Old Men like Roosevelt always start wars but it is our Youth that pays the price"...

Wake up buddy...No "might" about it.....Trump is leading Biden in the polls !!...,,Trump didn't try to stop the riot but there is no evidence to say he incited it but he certainly may have been happy to see it go......Fox news and other GOP supporting media were more to blame..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by alfie Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:13 pm

the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

Undermining the democratic system ?

Remind me again : who tried to persuade Republican Governors to "find" some votes to overturn an actual state result ; and encouraged supporters to use violent means to try and prevent the lawful handover of power from proceeding ?

alfie

Posts : 20903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:18 pm

No evidence? He was on live tv just before it happened and no doubt his words incited or if you like inspired those to riot where 5 people were killed.

Yes Democrats want to stop Trump, just as Republicans want to stop Biden.

How you can defend Trump is remarkable.

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:31 pm

mountain man wrote:No evidence? He was on live tv just before it happened and no doubt his words incited or if you like inspired those to riot where 5 people were killed.

Yes Democrats want to stop Trump, just as Republicans want to stop Biden.

How you can defend Trump is remarkable.

Name the 5 that died.

In fact only 1 person died. Her name was Ashley Babbit, she unarmed and shot by the police. No one else died. The fact you use this talking point shows you simply absorb and regurgitate lies from the media.

He told the protestors to protest peacefully numerous times, told them to go home. The fact you don't know this also shocking.

Interesting you don't condemn the democrats for inspiring the BLM riots, which were far worse.

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:43 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html

When in a hole keep on digging.

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:47 pm

mountain man wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html

When in a hole keep on digging.

Paywall. can you copy/paste?

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:48 pm

try this one

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/capitol-attack-police-officer-five-deaths

mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:52 pm

Oh dear:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-natural-causes-after-riot-n1264562

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:55 pm

Doesn't alter fact that at least 5 people died as a result, either directly or indirectly.

However you won't accept that or the fact Trump incited it or the fact Trump is guilty so rather pointless continuing this.




mountain man

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2021-03-09

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:55 pm

And again:

https://edition.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_be6205ad-ee31-42e8-843f-9fbeb156b25a

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:57 pm

mountain man wrote:Doesn't alter fact that at least 5 people died as a result, either directly or indirectly.

However you won't accept that or the fact Trump incited it or the fact Trump is guilty so rather pointless continuing this.




By indirectly, you mean unrelated to, right?

Also:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346912780700577792?cxt=HHwWgMC70bWCmbElAAAA

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346904110969315332?cxt=HHwWiIC3jeOJlbElAAAA

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by the-goon2 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:59 pm

Yeah, now is about the time you would disengage. When you've been proven wrong...

I hope you take the time to reflect on why you were wrong.

the-goon2

Posts : 242
Join date : 2020-09-10

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 1:15 pm

alfie wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

Undermining the democratic system ?

Remind me again : who tried to persuade Republican Governors to "find" some votes to overturn an actual state result ; and encouraged supporters to use violent means to try and prevent the lawful handover of power from proceeding ?

Warren Harding's tea pot dome scandal.......Andrew Johnson shocking disregard for the tenure of office act.....Obama's fast and furious scandal.......Watergate......Bill Clinton had a phrase called "Arkancided" for the amount of politicians he screwed over.......Iran-Contra under Reagan...Biden's Son being paid millions by the Ukraine for access to Daddy ??

US politics is a dirty game...Who knew !!!!


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Jun 2023, 1:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
alfie wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

Undermining the democratic system ?

Remind me again : who tried to persuade Republican Governors to "find" some votes to overturn an actual state result ; and encouraged supporters to use violent means to try and prevent the lawful handover of power from proceeding ?

Warren Harding's tea pot dome scandal.......Andrew Johnson shocking disregard for the tenure of office act.....Obama's fast and furious scandal.......Watergate......Bill Clinton had a phrase called "Arkancided" for the amount of politicians he screwed over.......Iran-Contra under Reagan...Biden's Son being paid millions by the Ukraine for access to Daddy ??

US politics is a dirty game...Who knew !!!!


Not Trump apparently, since he seems to think witch hunts only apply to him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 22351
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 2:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
alfie wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

Undermining the democratic system ?

Remind me again : who tried to persuade Republican Governors to "find" some votes to overturn an actual state result ; and encouraged supporters to use violent means to try and prevent the lawful handover of power from proceeding ?

Warren Harding's tea pot dome scandal.......Andrew Johnson shocking disregard for the tenure of office act.....Obama's fast and furious scandal.......Watergate......Bill Clinton had a phrase called "Arkancided" for the amount of politicians he screwed over.......Iran-Contra under Reagan...Biden's Son being paid millions by the Ukraine for access to Daddy ??

US politics is a dirty game...Who knew !!!!


Not Trump apparently, since he seems to think witch hunts only apply to him.

To be fair most of the Presidents outlined above were Republican and deeds were outed because it's a predominantly Liberal media......Could have added Teddy Roosevelt who suffered from having his property taxes and other endeavours exposed in New York too like Trumpy.....It's a Republicans lot....Where the old phrase "You can't find a real Republican in New York" comes from..

You know Teddy was a big game hunter.......Notorious for wandering around the White House in the early hours of the morning with his rifle aiming it at pretend game... Dog

Those were the days..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Jun 2023, 5:32 pm

US Independent voters...Where they lean...(Gallup)

2021
Conservative.....24%
Moderate..........48%
Democrat..........27%

2023
Conservative.....29%
Moderate..........46%
Democrat.........23%

Seems like Independents who determine most Elections have slightly moved Conservative post Covid...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40532
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 10 Jun 2023, 12:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
mountain man wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:The regime is doing everything they can to stop Trump from winning in 2024.

Bogus impeachments
Constant smears and lies
Social Media censorship
Now prison time

All this does is undermine the democratic system in the US. Only a fool can't see that this is a political witch hunt.
Even the left wing partisans know it is, but since they are partisans, they don't care. But they'll lie about it being what it is.

It might be a political witch hunt but then again only a fool would defend Trump or think he's not guilty. He incited the riot on Capitol hill, he had documents he shouldn't have, he tried to "persuade" Raffensperger to find him votes, on tape admitting sexually abusing women etc etc etc.

All Presidents have documents they shouldn't have...Non Presidents like Clinton were done for taking home classified documents...It's BS...All Commanders in Chief hide stuff or try to..

DOJ and the rest of Biden's beat are scared of Trump and are targetting him.......Kennedy had Nixon and his family audited regularly....Roosevelt had his people follow President Hoover around because he was the leading anti war voice......"Old Men like Roosevelt always start wars but it is our Youth that pays the price"...

Wake up buddy...No "might" about it.....Trump is leading Biden in the polls !!...,,Trump didn't try to stop the riot but there is no evidence to say he incited it but he certainly may have been happy to see it go......Fox news and other GOP supporting media were more to blame..
What is it about this that you, and so many others, don't appear to understand?!?

This is not, primarily, about having the docs. It's about that bumhole's response to NARA requests, abiding by the PRA etc etc when he's asked to return what he shouldn't have had in the first place. That's, presumably, why Pence was cleared of any wrongdoing. I imagine Biden will be too. Trump is just an bumhole, but not as dumb as those who cling to him in spite of the obvious. Trump should go down for this (which sounds like a slam dunk for the prosecutors TBH), and the Georgia interference if there's any justice.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11084
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum