The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker

Go down

Who is the best hooker in World Rugby?

Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_lcap30%Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Sgt_Pooly, Pal Joey, Pete330v2
Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_lcap40%Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
doctor_grey, No 7&1/2, demosthenes, BamBam
Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_lcap30%Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
carpet baboon, neilthom7, theslosty

Total Votes : 10

+6
Pal Joey
BamBam
carpet baboon
neilthom7
theslosty
Pete330v2
10 posters

Poll closed

Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker Empty Pre-World Cup World XV - Hooker

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:40 pm

I've seen a few of these floating around on social media so with the impending world cup, I thought it would be interesting to try and create a 606v2 XV and possibly see how it compares to one after England lift the trophy. Mostly done on form coming into the tournament.....add your thoughts, selections and complaints below.

Next up.......we have no2.......Hooker:

1. Malcolm Marx - Arguably one of the best impact subs ever seen, Marx is a top notch operator in all aspects of his role. A physical unit that never takes a step back, there's very few teams that Marx wouldn't improve.

2. Julian Montoya - I always rated Montoya, but genuinely thought he'd struggle once Creevy departed the international scene, how wrong was I! Montoya is like a fine Malbec.....getting better with age and physically dominating his opposite number (ok not that much like a Malbec)

3. Dan Sheehan - I toyed with this selection as Sheehan goes against a lot of things I value in a hooker. He's not particularly big, he's not overly physical.....but jeez this lad can play. He nails the basics and is an like having a hybrid 12/7 in the loose, he has a huge future.

(Notable mentions for Marchand, Mbonambi and Taylor)

https://www.606v2.com/t71207-pre-world-cup-world-xv-loosehead#4104407 - Loosehead Prop

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down