The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing in 2024

+4
Marky
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
Derek Smalls
8 posters

Go down

Boxing in 2024 Empty Boxing in 2024

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 07 Jan 2024, 3:01 pm

Happy new year, fight fans. Any optimism for bouts or fighters out there? The flagship fight for the sport is the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and correct me if I’m wrong but it’s surely going to be a disappointment. Here’s why I think that.
Fury has been past his best for so long but has managed to hide it with hand-picked second tier opposition whom he can simply bully. He’s out of shape and needs injections in his elbows regularly as well as his thin legs after carrying between twenty and thirty stone for so long are nearly gone.
The pathetic outbursts against Usyk and the assertions of superiority were the desperate egotistical bleats of a charlatan. Wilder? One of the most hyped boxers in history. Wallin, exposed as mediocre. And humiliated by a man who hadn’t boxed professionally before. And this guy is talked of as a top ten or twenty all time great?!

Even he must know know that to beat Usyk he needs to show some fleet-footed movement as he will not win by attempting to rag doll him;Usyk has such a ring iq that he will be one step ahead that if Fury tries to walk him down.he will look like a lumbering oaf.

Sadly I no longer care about there being a British champ because on merit Fury has no right to call himself undisputed. When Lennox achieved the feat twenty odd years ago it was the culmination of years of hard work and I was right there with him sharing his joy. But now I simply want the better fighter to win and that’s Oleksander Usyk.

Anyway, I guess there are proper fighters to support, like Naoya Inoue . For those who still take an internet in the sport, don’t pay up for the Saudi funded insults, let’s support the real warriors not cheesy selfish dossers like Fury. Rant over!

Derek Smalls

rapidringsroad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Boxing in 2024 Empty Re: Boxing in 2024

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 07 Jan 2024, 10:18 pm

Talking of proper fights, I think these two would top my list for 2024, if you know of two better fights than these, please let me know?

Murodjon Akhmadaliev  vs  Naoya Inoue
David Morrell Jr  vs  David Benavidez

I won’t give Inoue fighter of the year for 2023 but I might consider him for 2024 if he beats the heavy handed Uzbek, whose opponents react with incredible discomfort when he lands even glancing blows. He’s an absolute beast, I’d like to see how Inoue would handle his suffocating pressure. He cuts off the ring very well and cuts his opponents down like a tree, picking his precise shots to inflict maximum damage while finding openings at will. He can fight off the backfoot too and is elusive as hell. The sky might just be the limit. At last an Inoue fight we can get our teeth into

The hype behind David Morrell Jr  lately is unreal-
‘The Carlos Monzon of this era’ or ‘The new Roy Jones and I don’t say that lightly’ just two things I saw just before Christmas. So can he do it against a big opponent? Forget Canelo, that’s the real fight at super middleweight

Herman Jaeger

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jan 2024, 12:35 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:Happy new year, fight fans. Any optimism for bouts or fighters out there? The flagship fight for the sport is the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and correct me if I’m wrong but it’s surely going to be a disappointment. Here’s why I think that.
Fury has been past his best for so long but has managed to hide it with hand-picked second tier opposition whom he can simply bully. He’s out of shape and needs injections in his elbows regularly as well as his thin legs after carrying between twenty and thirty stone for so long are nearly gone.
The pathetic outbursts against Usyk and the assertions of superiority were the desperate egotistical bleats of a charlatan. Wilder? One of the most hyped boxers in history. Wallin, exposed as mediocre. And humiliated by a man who hadn’t boxed professionally before. And this guy is talked of as a top ten or twenty all time great?!

Even he must know know that to beat Usyk he needs to show some fleet-footed movement as he will not win by attempting to rag doll him;Usyk has such a ring iq that he will be one step ahead that if Fury tries to walk him down.he will look like a lumbering oaf.

Sadly I no longer care about there being a British champ because on merit Fury has no right to call himself undisputed. When Lennox achieved the feat twenty odd years ago it was the culmination of years of hard work and I was right there with him sharing his joy. But now I simply want the better fighter to win and that’s Oleksander Usyk.

Anyway, I guess there are proper fighters to support, like Naoya  Inoue

Think Fury's win away to beat Wlad for the title deserves more respect......Think beating a still decent unbeaten Wilder after being out of the sport for a while deserves respect too.......Find it absurd calls that Wilder was a Charlatan when he beat Ortiz twice and Stiverne twice and we had the likes of Valuev and Charles Martin as champions.

If Fury comes out against Usyk the way he did in Wilder 2......The greatest footwork in the world won't save Usyk and he is 35+ anyway.

I get your frustration but Ngannou was a fight Fury took for granted like Ali v Leon Spinks...It's happened throughout time though Fury is to blame.

Tunney beat an old Dempsey twice and hovers around the top 20...........So Wlad away......Wilder x 3 and a mandatory against a resurgent drug cheat in Whyte should put Fury close.

Whether you like it or not. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2024, 4:58 am

Chechen wrecking ball, Artur Beterbiev, destroyed Callum Smith via 7th round KO to retain his IBF/WBC/WBO light heavyweight titles.

Total mismatch. And you’ve got to question how Smith, on the back of getting humiliated by Canelo Alvarez - beat two bums at 175 to “earn” a shot at Beterbiev…

Anyway all Russian showdown next between Beterbiev and Bivol. The latter being the only one to have a chance of beating Beterbiev at 175.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 10:19 am

Mikaela Mayer was unfortunate Saturday..........Gave her six rounds out of ten comfortably against "Hall of famer for some reason" Natasha Jonas....The girl that couldn't beat Harper or true HOFer and Irish queen Katie taylor before thay found a remote belt she could win.....

Little bootlick Spencer Oliver scored it for Mayer too but was glad Natasha Jonas won because she works hard..

Reminds me of Jim Watt

"That scorecard is a shame on Boxing and a disgrace".......and

"I've got Floyd ahead of Ricky but lets hope the Judges are watching something else"

Some robberies are good folks remember that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm

Got thirty minutes? Good discussion on the super middleweights and Canelo.   ProBox TV: Teddy Talks- Who’s On Top Of The 168 LB Division

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 02 Feb 2024, 5:35 pm

Fury v Usyk reportedly postponed until the summer, due to Fury being cut in sparring Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 02 Feb 2024, 6:18 pm

Fury obviously knows he's in no shape to take on Usyk.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 02 Feb 2024, 7:23 pm

It is an Otto Wallin type cut - real nasty and deep and below the  eyebrow.    Yes lots of people said Tyson Fury would find some way of getting out of the fight, but not with the huge amount of Saudi funds and investment behind it all - and not with a deep nasty cut.   It makes me think that one of the tactics Usyk had planned for is to stop Fury with cuts.  Wallin showed Fury was vulnerable but nobody else had been able to cut Fury remotely like that - except whoever was his sparring partner.   This would have been the last week of heavy training and sparring - the last week before the fight is normally focussed on recovery and maximising energy storage.

Tyson Fury was more or less in shape when he faced Ngannou.   He said he would take Usyk to court if Usyk wasn't ready for Dec 19 2023.  However Ngannou bruised Fury's face but I think it was more the bruising to Fury's ego with Fury wanting to take time off over Christmas, that pushed the unification fight back to Feb 17.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Feb 2024, 8:10 pm

No name Bertie wrote:It is an Otto Wallin type cut - real nasty and deep and below the  eyebrow.    Yes lots of people said Tyson Fury would find some way of getting out of the fight, but not with the huge amount of Saudi funds and investment behind it all - and not with a deep nasty cut.   It makes me think that one of the tactics Usyk had planned for is to stop Fury with cuts.  Wallin showed Fury was vulnerable but nobody else had been able to cut Fury remotely like that - except whoever was his sparring partner.   This would have been the last week of heavy training and sparring - the last week before the fight is normally focussed on recovery and maximising energy storage.

Tyson Fury was more or less in shape when he faced Ngannou.   He said he would take Usyk to court if Usyk wasn't ready for Dec 19 2023.  However Ngannou bruised Fury's face but I think it was more the bruising to Fury's ego with Fury wanting to take time off over Christmas, that pushed the unification fight back to Feb 17.

Needs to stop wasting everybodies time and retire......Pain in the rectum...

He can fight Jake Paul in September instead and his loser fans can purchase it like they purchased Chisora 3.

Let Usyk and AJ rule the divison......Oh and please take your embarrassing Dad with you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 02 Feb 2024, 10:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let Usyk and AJ rule the divison......

You had me until this point. Usyk beat AJ twice... Comfortably too. Not a chance AJ is ruling this division anytime soon Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 03 Feb 2024, 8:53 pm

Got a new date. 18th May.

Fury has officially delayed the fight twice, and unofficially many more times, but if he delays it this time he'll have to pay £9.25m to Usyk.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat 03 Feb 2024, 11:39 pm

With the images of the cut it was being suggested that it would take about 3 months to fully heal so that Fury could start training / sparring again in May with the fight in July - but apparently not.  With the quickness of the new date agreement this suggests that the entire Feb 17 card will be scrapped and no interim fight for Usyk.

Carl Froch's take on it was a) Sparring revealed Fury to be sloppy - getting caught by an uppercut / elbow - rather than keeping it at distance.   Sparring should mimic the fight and this sparring session revealed Fury to be sloppy and Usyk would have taken advantage of this.   b) Unprofessional by Fury and his trainer - not wearing the appropriate guards this close to the fight.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 04 Feb 2024, 10:31 pm

You have to ask why he is not protecting himself, with all that dosh at stake. It doesn’t make sense at all that he’s getting in to a brawl in sparring so late in the day. It’s not as if Team Fury are amateurs.

Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 05 Feb 2024, 9:29 am

Call me cynical but is that not the exact same cut he got in the Wallin fight?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 05 Feb 2024, 10:52 am

Soul Requiem wrote:Call me cynical but is that not the exact same cut he got in the Wallin fight?

If it is, maybe it's a sign of weakness rather than something deliberately manipulated?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 05 Feb 2024, 10:54 am

Derek Smalls wrote:You have to ask why he is not protecting himself, with all that dosh at stake. It doesn’t make sense at all that he’s getting in to a brawl in sparring so late in the day. It’s not as if Team Fury are amateurs.

From the clip he is wearing a headguard to be fair.

Cuts happen, it's just ironic that he's now guilty of the same thing he berated David Haye for when Haye v Fury got cancelled Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Feb 2024, 12:51 pm

That eye is worse than Tyrell Biggs vs Bey........and when Biggs went in with Tyson four months later it opened up straight away..

This fight won't happen in May......

Timewaster Tyson needs to go away......You're not a Top 20 ATG Heavy....

Off you go buddy....Go fight some local butcher with a big social media account and get the half-brains that bought Chisora 3 to get you a 20 million purse.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Feb 2024, 9:39 pm

If Lopez is struggling with Ortiz......He can forget Haney.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 12 Feb 2024, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If Lopez is struggling with Ortiz......He can forget Haney.

To be fair after seeing him struggle with Sandor Martin I wrote him off against Taylor but he won that quite easily. He was pretty good against Lomachenko and Commey but then woeful against Kambosos, the talent is clearly there but the desire seems to be lacking.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Feb 2024, 1:06 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If Lopez is struggling with Ortiz......He can forget Haney.

To be fair after seeing him struggle with Sandor Martin I wrote him off against Taylor but he won that quite easily. He was pretty good against Lomachenko and Commey but then woeful against Kambosos, the talent is clearly there but the desire seems to be lacking.

Taylor....Martin.....Ortiz were all decisions and close.....Haney is better than all of them...

Anything can happen sure.........But it's hard to see.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Sun 18 Feb 2024, 5:27 pm

Usyk should pack it in now. Getting old and his legacy is stronger than Fury the Flounderer’s.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down