The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

+32
neilthom7
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
R!skysports
Yoda
lostinwales
Heaf
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
Heuer27
demosthenes
Tramptastic
EST
tigertattie
king_carlos
RiscaGame
Mcsweens
sensisball
BigGee
Highland Shaun
EWT Spoons
mountain man
mikey_dragon
TJ
bsando
RDW
Boston Exile
NeilyBroon
Hazel Sapling
jimbopip
George Carlin
36 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 6 Empty Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by George Carlin Wed 24 Jan 2024, 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Fixtures for this year's jamboree:

3 February 2024
16:45 GMT
Wales v Scotland
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand)

10 February 2024
14:15 GMT
Scotland v France
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Referee: Nic Berry (Australia)

24 February 2024
16:45 GMT
Scotland v England
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Referee: Andrew Brace (Ireland)

9 March 2024
15:15 CET (UTC+1)
Italy v Scotland
Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Referee: Angus Gardner (Australia)

16 March 2024
16:45 WET
Ireland v Scotland
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Referee: Matthew Carley (England)

Let's get our post-traumatic stress disorder and excuses in early.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by George Carlin Sat 24 Feb 2024, 6:42 am

Our U20s actually scored 3 tries against England, so fair play to them.
Competitive throughout.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by TJ Sat 24 Feb 2024, 8:59 am

Yes - not the cuffing I feared for the U20s.

Italy / France is worth a watch

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 24 Feb 2024, 8:14 pm

Some standout performances today from the team.

Duhan of course will get the plaudits and quite deservedly but he iwes a big assist on two of them to Shuggy Jones, who had a very good game as well.

Cam Redpath showed some class when he finally got his shot. We have other good centres than Huwipolotu.

Both the replacement props played well when they got a decent run into the game. Maybe itcwill give Toonie more confidence to use his bench now. England were meant to have the advsntage with their replacement front row, but yet it did not happen.

A special shout out to Grant Gilchrist as well, not always a player I have been totally enamoured with. He caught restart after restart under relentless oressure and did the hard grunt work unseen for the bulk of the game.

In short it was a great team performance. Easily our best of the tournament so far.

Such a shame thst the didgy decesion last time out may deny us a proper deceider against Ireland on the last weekend.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 24 Feb 2024, 11:54 pm

BigGee wrote:Some standout performances today from the team.

Duhan of course will get the plaudits and quite deservedly but he iwes a big assist on two of them to Shuggy Jones, who had a very good game as well.

Cam Redpath showed some class when he finally got his shot. We have other good centres than Huwipolotu.

Both the replacement props played well when they got a decent run into the game. Maybe itcwill give Toonie more confidence to use his bench now. England were meant to have the advsntage with their replacement front row, but yet it did not happen.

A special shout out to Grant Gilchrist as well, not always a player I have been totally enamoured with. He caught restart after restart under relentless oressure and did the hard grunt work unseen for the bulk of the game.

In short it was a great team performance. Easily our best of the tournament so far.

Such a shame thst the didgy decesion last time out may deny us a proper deceider against Ireland on the last weekend.

Agree to all this. Special mention to Jack Dempsey too who had some key involvements. I thought Ben White had one of his best games for Scotland too, and was getting really stuck in.

Oh to have won against France last week for the Grand Slam to be on! We need England to beat Ireland and not let them get.any BPs - easy...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 25 Feb 2024, 7:23 am

RDW wrote:

Agree to all this. Special mention to Jack Dempsey too who had some key involvements. I thought Ben White had one of his best games for Scotland too, and was getting really stuck in.

Oh to have won against France last week for the Grand Slam to be on! We need England to beat Ireland and not let them get.any BPs - easy...

"The bench were excellent, the energy they brought. They really helped us over the line. It was a massive squad effort. I know I should probably have brought guys on against France."

I’m glad Toonie has admitted to this, the bench did exceptionally well yesterday. Even Healy with his little cameo. At this level you have to have trust in your replacements. Horne was a real standout for me, he looked eager to make a difference. 

That win ticked all the boxes. Scotland dealt with the pressure early on, took their chances and saw out the final quarter quite comfortably. A superb team performance indeed. 

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 25 Feb 2024, 8:53 am

bsando wrote:
RDW wrote:

"The bench were excellent, the energy they brought. They really helped us over the line. It was a massive squad effort. I know I should probably have brought guys on against France."

I’m glad Toonie has admitted to this, the bench did exceptionally well yesterday. Even Healy with his little cameo. At this level you have to have trust in your replacements. Horne was a real standout for me, he looked eager to make a difference. 

That win ticked all the boxes. Scotland dealt with the pressure early on, took their chances and saw out the final quarter quite comfortably. A superb team performance indeed. 

Yes it's good that he's admitted it but he should know better by now, he's been Scotland coach for nearly 7 years! Besides, any coach knows that the bench is as important if not more than the starters, surely that's just coaching 101.

Anyway good to get the win, I'm not sure it's as emphatic as has been made out but it was at least comfortable. As I said before was a few moments of brilliance from a couple of players that won us that. Glad the triple crown is still on but we need to be a lot better against Ireland, just a few inaccuracies nearly cost us, we were lucky at times that England were so dire at execution.

Not to take away from it, it's an incredible achievement to have gone 4 years on the bounce, it's just frustrating that we seem so much more comfortable beating England than other teams who, arguably, played worse than them!

On to Italy, I'd keep a lot of the starters, maybe drop Zander to the bench or swap in Nel just to give Zandbags a rest as he is pretty key in a weak position. I still think Christie should have started yesterday, so I'd at least start him against Italy. Maybe it's time to swap the centres around especially if Tuipolotu has a niggle, Redpath should be in, I'd keep Shug outside him for now and maybe bring our Lord and Saviour to the bench (some say he wins a game just by looking at the scoreboard). Whilst I'd be very strongly tempted to give paterson another run, Kinghorn needs the game time. I'd start Horne over White, or swap them at half time at least, again, White has played a lot of minutes. Rest of the team stays the same I think.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 25 Feb 2024, 10:15 am

I can't see Toonie changing to much for Italy. They are a banana skin team for us and we can't take risks like that. It would be disrespectful and asking for trouble if we went in there with a weaker side.

Redpath for Sione, if he is injured would not cost us anything and Christie will surely get his start this time around.

As it has taken 3 games for Toonie to start trusting his bench, I can't see him changing much more than for that reason if nothing else.

He should be able to pull some players off a little earlier with the Ireland game in mind if we are winning comfortably.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 25 Feb 2024, 2:16 pm

I have just watched it again now I am a bit calmer

Our pack were immense in defense - took away englands power game and power runners with a lot of dominant tackles. really good decision making over when to attack rucks so very few breakdown pens.

Finn and the rest of the backs just managed to beat the blitz defense. Only just. An absolute masterclass from Finn - chatting in a friendly and respectful way to the ref, marshaling his troops and controlling the game while probing and looking for space and finding it a few times. Good decisions on taking the points as well

Forwards once again got goalline fever at the beginning of the second half and wasted a chance. Dunno if Finn called it out and was ignored or what but that was a wasted chance

Duhan so nearly blew that try showboating in the corner - his foot was mm from the line. He needs a bollocking for that

All in all a solid 8/10 performance, everyone contributed, we have a deadly set of backs playing really well together and a solid if unspectacular pack. If we ever get a full strength side out we might have something :-)

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 25 Feb 2024, 4:53 pm

Well now I feel even worse that we lost that France game. I hope Italy have knackered themselves out before next week!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 25 Feb 2024, 4:55 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:Well now I feel even worse that we lost that France game. I hope Italy have knackered themselves out before next week!

Its the Scottish way!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 25 Feb 2024, 4:57 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:Well now I feel even worse that we lost that France game. I hope Italy have knackered themselves out before next week!

They’ve two weeks to recover
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 25 Feb 2024, 5:00 pm

tigertattie wrote:

We're friar tucked.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 25 Feb 2024, 5:08 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

We're friar tucked.

Nah. So far my predictions have been coming true.

A Reminder for anyone that missed it

1. We beat wales
2. France beat us
3. We “raise our game” and beat England
4. We win vs Italy but fail to get a BP
5. We best Ireland but they have more BPs than us and the get the championship

You heard it here

Just call me mystic Meg
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sun 25 Feb 2024, 7:54 pm

How much will that decision against the French cost you. We have all been denied a GrandSlam decider between Scotland and Ireland on super Saturday. However you are right you could steal the championship from under the Irish noses. It's been an interesting tournament so far and hopefully more twists and turns to come.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 25 Feb 2024, 9:10 pm

That Italy game definitely makes it so much more frustrating that we lost to that french team.

It would be the most Scottish thing ever if we beat Italy and somehow beat Ireland but lose out on the championship on points, all because of that french game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sun 25 Feb 2024, 9:55 pm

RDW wrote:That Italy game definitely makes it so much more frustrating that we lost to that french team.

It would be the most Scottish thing ever if we beat Italy and somehow beat Ireland but lose out on the championship on points, all because of that french game.

Would be fair for the best two teams in this year's competition going for glory on the final round. French got away with one today too. You never know England my do you a favour, and there goes a flying pig!

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 25 Feb 2024, 11:19 pm

I think it'll be a hell of a thing if anyone stops Ireland in Dublin this year. If anything, their pack is looking even better than at the RWC courtesy of big Joey cornerstone strolling in like looking like a ready made Lion. It's so interesting what a primary carrier such as Joe who smashes over the gain line running off 9 consistently can add. Suddenly guys like POM, JDvF and Bierne are carrying a phase later with quick ball. Ireland's attacking systems were so slick that they were already excellent at manufacturing quick ball before McCarthy came in. They just have so many strong carriers throughout the pack. Having a forward who's just that slight notch above even those guys in that regard seems to have lifted it again.

That platform means that they are weathering Sexton's retirement well. Which is even more nuts when compounded by Ringrose and Hansen, now Keenan's injuries. That's basically their 3 alternative playmakers that Farrell and Catt's systems would shift into first receiver roles to relieve Sexton. They were missing all three on top of Sexcliff and still look a cut above. It's impressive s**t.

Watching parts of yesterday's game again, it struck me how good Ben White and Blairhorn were at acting as foils for Russell. Watching live, Finn really stood out for how he controlled the game. Rightly so, his management was excellent. I think White and Kinghorn, post game time at 10, work as good wingmen for him though.

Cummings was the closest to his early peak that he has been in a long long time as well. That feels like a massive boost given injuries for Gray x 2 and Henderson doing his other knee.

king_carlos

sensisball likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Feb 2024, 8:59 am

Townsend saying after the game that the English based players weren't able to train with Scotland in the week after the French game despite the Premiership not having any games last weekend.

https://www.theoffsideline.com/gregor-townsend-prl/

This is all a bit silly given the whole point was to not disrupt Premiership games. Hopefully a commercial deal can be reached to allow a more reasonable approach.

The same will happen this week - England based players won't be able to train, yet no Prem games.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 26 Feb 2024, 12:00 pm

I really think that Italy could be a huge banana skin for us this year.

They have been playing well and quite creative

Must be 100% focused on that game or else we will be in typical Scotland territory

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 26 Feb 2024, 12:07 pm

If we beat Italy we need to get a BP.

England need to show up at Twickenham

Ireland need to lose their rhythm against us in Dublin for the first time in about 50 gazillion years.

Odds are in our favour lads.

NeilyBroon

Boston Exile likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Mon 26 Feb 2024, 1:01 pm

I never bet.
But I had an accumulator on Scotland, Ireland, and France all winning.

it's a mugs game.

Last edited by Mcsweens on Mon 26 Feb 2024, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 26 Feb 2024, 2:28 pm

Italy looks similar to where Scotland were about a decade ago.

Talented, young talismans at 10 and 15. An improving tight five. Depth from having a club team shifting from also rans to competing in knock-out stages of the league. Have key players playing at big clubs abroad and being aggressive about adding talent from the diaspora.

They are dangerous but not consistent. I think they will fancy themselves more against Wales away than Scotland at home so I do wonder if it will be a simpler game than expected because they are thinking of next week. At the same time, we have to be fully focused and not put ourselves in a position where we are chasing the game.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 26 Feb 2024, 3:03 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Italy looks similar to where Scotland were about a decade ago.

Talented, young talismans at 10 and 15. An improving tight five. Depth from having a club team shifting from also rans to competing in knock-out stages of the league. Have key players playing at big clubs abroad and being aggressive about adding talent from the diaspora.

They are dangerous but not consistent. I think they will fancy themselves more against Wales away than Scotland at home so I do wonder if it will be a simpler game than expected because they are thinking of next week. At the same time, we have to be fully focused and not put ourselves in a position where we are chasing the game.

Italy have had some good age group sides and those players are now filtering into the senior side. The club sides are reaping the benefit of those players coming through.

Right now I suspect Italy are desperate just to play again, I'm not sure it'll matter who the opposition is. They'll just be desperate to perform. A result at home would make them very popular.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Mon 26 Feb 2024, 5:24 pm

I have no doubt that Italy will pick up more and more wins, and will begin to challenge for the title It takes time.
France lost 18 games in a row when they joined the 5 Nations, between 1911 and 1920, and didn't win a title until 1961. That should be the metric against which we measure Italy's relative progress. Barring pesky inconveniences like squabbles over professionalism and 2 World Wars in Western Europe, I can definitely see Italy challenging over the next 15 years. It is great to see them develop and build respect.

Now is not the time to indulge these spaghetti munching upstarts, however.

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 26 Feb 2024, 6:51 pm

Italy should have won...the kick should have been retaken...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 26 Feb 2024, 7:18 pm

Geordie wrote:Italy should have won...the kick should have been retaken...

Technically you are allowed to move up to the point the player begins his run up, as long as you remain outside the 10m. It's not a straightforward call, could have gone either way. If the kick was retaken then it would have been 10m further forward.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Mon 26 Feb 2024, 7:35 pm

RDW wrote:Townsend saying after the game that the English based players weren't able to train with Scotland in the week after the French game despite the Premiership not having any games last weekend.

This is all a bit silly given the whole point was to not disrupt Premiership games. Hopefully a commercial deal can be reached to allow a more reasonable approach.

The same will happen this week - England based players won't be able to train, yet no Prem games.

The RFU had to get their checkbooks out for access from prem clubs so I guess the srfu will have to do the same. The prem clubs are not charities and think they run the game. This is partly the reason why England punch below their weight as governing body and clubs (even championship clubs) have a poor relationship with each other. We should have a production line of tightheads and inside centres at our disposal but as you can see the cupboard is bare ATM. Gregor Townsend will just have to make do or select Edinburgh and Glasgow players only 🤷‍�

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 26 Feb 2024, 8:25 pm

RDW wrote:Townsend saying after the game that the English based players weren't able to train with Scotland in the week after the French game despite the Premiership not having any games last weekend.

As already said the RFU have paid for access to the English players so the Prem clubs have a policy of no release outside of test windows to any other nation (they usually relent in world cup summers) so as to protect the agreement with the RFU. The PRL has offered to release previously iirc but it's not for free and on the understanding insurance covers the players during training that week etc.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 26 Feb 2024, 8:54 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:

As already said the RFU have paid for access to the English players so the Prem clubs have a policy of no release outside of test windows to any other nation (they usually relent in world cup summers) so as to protect the agreement with the RFU. The PRL has offered to release previously iirc but it's not for free and on the understanding insurance covers the players during training that week etc.

Yep - hence my 'hopefully a commercial deal can be reached' comment

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 26 Feb 2024, 9:12 pm

Bring back Border Reivers, Finn Russell can return to Scotland to lead them. Problem sorted and don't have to pay the English anything.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Mon 26 Feb 2024, 10:51 pm

You won't have to wait long before most premiership clubs go belly up anyway. Badly run enterprises that are running at a deficit will eventually disappear. Things will get worse before a reset happens. Hopefully it will give us a chance to reorganise and come back stronger. We also have these RFU hybrid contracts coming in but I suspect we'll bugger that up too!

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 26 Feb 2024, 11:10 pm

I know this is probably too early seeing as we don't play until Saturday week so players could play their way into/out of contention this week but I want to be the first to have a stab at a team to play Italy which we will certainly respect more than we would have before 5pm yesterday 🤔.

Schoeman, Turner, Zander
Gilchrist Cummings
Christie (surely he's played himself into contention now) Darge and Matt F
White Russell
Redpath Jones
Duhi Kinghorn Steyn
Bench: Hepburn, Millar-Mills, Ashman, Skinner, Dempsey, Horne, McDowall/Hutch and Rowe.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 28 Feb 2024, 7:52 am

I hadn’t noticed until now, but check the pass from Ritchie to Russell before his cross field kick for the third try. Perfection! For me that was the difference at times during the match. Ford for example, threw an unclean pass to Lawrence who couldn’t take it at full pace knocking it on to Jones. At the highest level a basic skill like passing needs to be great. One reason why Ritchie has become such a big part of that Scottish backrow, even when his form has dropped.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 28 Feb 2024, 11:42 am

It was good but not Ritchie Gray good with his quick pass last year
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 28 Feb 2024, 4:10 pm

RDW wrote:

I’ve been reading the Toonie comments about player release with interest as it is a similar battle we had in Wales a few seasons back, and lost. However, after Toonie coming out with that I’m a bit shocked to read he’s released 7 players back to Edinburgh for their match with Scarlets this weekend. Isn’t that a bit of double standards, or a contradiction, or some such?

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 28 Feb 2024, 4:24 pm

Well yes and no, I don't think he has ever complained about this before when players have been pulled back to play games. It is understandable that clubs want their internationals back to play for them and also understandable that the national coach wants his fringe players to get some game time.

The thing this time is that the English clubs are not playing and in some cases are not even training, so it is much less of an issue to allow the players to stay with the national squad. Some of those players just had to go and sit at home for a week.

As ever, it is all about money, so hopefully some agreement can get made for the future.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

TAFKA The Oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 28 Feb 2024, 5:31 pm

BigGee wrote:Well yes and no, I don't think he has ever complained about this before when players have been pulled back to play games. It is understandable that clubs want their internationals back to play for them and also understandable that the national coach wants his fringe players to get some game time.

The thing this time is that the English clubs are not playing and in some cases are not even training, so it is much less of an issue to allow the players to stay with the national squad. Some of those players just had to go and sit at home for a week.

As ever, it is all about money, so hopefully some agreement can get made for the future.
Given how hard fought the Professional Game Agreement has been between the RFU and PRL, that is understandable though. The club vs country battle in English rugby has been going on since professionalism started. Given the funding P-share clubs get from the RFU in return for player release, it wouldn't make any sense to then release players to another board for free.

I agree that it seems sillier when the Prem isn't running. I'd prefer there to be an agreement in place between the SRU and PRL. Especially given the current state of the Prem too. They've lost 3 P-share clubs. The league as a whole is a much weaker product. Whilst ringfencing has intentionally carpet bombed everything below the Prem as the P-share clubs decided they'd rather be kings of a broken system than citizens of a good one.

One remaining strong resource the clubs have are the academies. They were invested in heavily through the Noughties and the '10s. The academies produce really good talent up to the U18 level. Sadly, a lot of it is stalling due to the issues in the pathway above it. The number of Prem academy grads with Scottish ancestry shining with Scotland is representative of that good talent coming from the academies. I've no issue with those players looking for caps elsewhere - it's a conversation done to death! A potential release deal with the SRU is a means of getting some money back for that talent development though. Given the academies are one of the P-share clubs remaining assets, therefore PRLs remaining leverage, it would be insanity to give that release for free when the league is in a weak financial position.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 28 Feb 2024, 9:17 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:
RDW wrote:

I’ve been reading the Toonie comments about player release with interest as it is a similar battle we had in Wales a few seasons back, and lost. However, after Toonie coming out with that I’m a bit shocked to read he’s released 7 players back to Edinburgh for their match with Scarlets this weekend. Isn’t that a bit of double standards, or a contradiction, or some such?

Not really the same thing - he's released the fringe Scotland players who need gametime with the clubs. All of the players and coaches employed on both sides are employed by SRU, and it has always been thus for fringe players to be released to clubs.

And I suspect if Scotland has training sessions this week, those players will have been training with Scotland.

To reiterate I fully appreciate there is no commercial agreement in place with premiership rugby and they're not going to release players out of the goodness of their hearts, but when there's no games at the weekend you'd hope a deal can be made.

RDW
Founder
Founder

TAFKA The Oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:35 am

Thanks both. I was reading it as Toonie being unhappy that players had to return to clubs when he would have preferred them to remain in camp, and then he released players from said camp to Scottish teams! But yes I can see that if there was no club training or matches in England then it doesn't make sense to send them back.

I remember a situation with Wales where one of the English based players had to return to their club in the summer after the club had already broken for the summer and had no training or pre-season, and the player just needed to sit on his ar*e for a few weeks before joining back up with Wales. I forget what the occasion was. Maybe an extended camp ahead of summer tours or something. Absolutely within the right of the club contractually, but when they're not going back to anything (games, training, etc.) then it does seem silly.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:47 am

I suppose the club would argue the players sitting doing nowt is good R&R and better for the player in the long term. That's probably giving the clubs too much credit though, it's undoubtedly to make sure the RFU doesnt have any funny ideas when it comes to negotiating player release.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Thu 29 Feb 2024, 11:09 pm

Wee Darcy out for at least 4 months 😭😭😭.
A very good chance we'll see Reed and McConnachie as our wingers in summer 😃.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 01 Mar 2024, 3:31 am

Highland Shaun wrote:Wee Darcy out for at least 4 months 😭😭😭.
A very good chance we'll see Reed and McConnachie as our wingers in summer 😃.

He basically needs to write off the season and likely the summer tour too, concentrate on getting full fit for next season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 01 Mar 2024, 3:09 pm

Beeb saying Hogg has been charged by police for an incident that occurred in Hawick at the weekend. Oh dear..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp4l8vnjvr9o.amp

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 01 Mar 2024, 4:13 pm

Ah I'm sure there'll be some Instagram post claiming he was judged by the police and his private life is none of their business.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 01 Mar 2024, 4:15 pm

On a serious note he's going to wreck his post rugby career if he's not careful, you feel one more scandal and he'll be resigned to appearing on I'm a celebrity when he's bankrupt in 10 years time.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 01 Mar 2024, 5:13 pm

There's been plenty of colourful rumours around Hoggy for years. A few came out when he disappeared down to Exeter. A few more when he retired suddenly. Safe to say that the SRUs PR team must've worked overtime to keep most of it relatively under wraps whilst he was the star player.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Fri 01 Mar 2024, 5:28 pm

Those George Best genes kicking in hard.

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 01 Mar 2024, 5:31 pm

On the bright side, if his rumoured kids out of wedlock all pick up rugby then Scotland might have a hell of a back line in 20 years time.

king_carlos

George Carlin and NeilyBroon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:50 pm

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 01 Mar 2024, 8:29 pm

Wee Shona will miss the rest of the 6 Nations. Redpath will most likely start against the Azzurri, Hutcheson or Lord Stafford to bench?

jimbopip

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next