The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

+32
neilthom7
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
R!skysports
Yoda
lostinwales
Heaf
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
Heuer27
demosthenes
Tramptastic
EST
tigertattie
king_carlos
RiscaGame
Mcsweens
sensisball
BigGee
Highland Shaun
EWT Spoons
mountain man
mikey_dragon
TJ
bsando
RDW
Boston Exile
NeilyBroon
Hazel Sapling
jimbopip
George Carlin
36 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 10 Empty Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by George Carlin Wed 24 Jan - 9:43

First topic message reminder :

Fixtures for this year's jamboree:

3 February 2024
16:45 GMT
Wales v Scotland
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand)

10 February 2024
14:15 GMT
Scotland v France
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Referee: Nic Berry (Australia)

24 February 2024
16:45 GMT
Scotland v England
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Referee: Andrew Brace (Ireland)

9 March 2024
15:15 CET (UTC+1)
Italy v Scotland
Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Referee: Angus Gardner (Australia)

16 March 2024
16:45 WET
Ireland v Scotland
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Referee: Matthew Carley (England)

Let's get our post-traumatic stress disorder and excuses in early.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 28 Apr - 6:53; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by George Carlin Wed 3 Apr - 10:56

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/68717575

Very much a skittery shyte of a 'vote of confidence'.

If your mate told you that he hated his missus but "we need to go with it just now", it wouldn't have you keenly booking flights in advance to their 25th wedding anniversary party.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Scotland - 2024 Victim Support Group Thread

Post by RDW Wed 3 Apr - 10:58

I read there that Dodson appears to be on sick leave and won't return to his job when he recovers, basically means he's already finished. Obviously I hope he's not seriously ill but that's been swept under the carpet a bit

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 3 Apr - 11:29

RDW wrote:I read there that Dodson appears to be on sick leave and won't return to his job when he recovers, basically means he's already finished. Obviously I hope he's not seriously ill but that's been swept under the carpet a bit

Well it makes sense with his surprise resignation announcement. Wish the best to him and his family, sometimes your hand is forced by the more significant things in life.

NeilyBroon

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 14 Apr - 23:57

I watched bits and pieces of the Toulouse-Exeter match today.  The French have a pretty impressive fullback who scored a Hat Trick against Exeter.  Named Kinghorn, I think.  Someone should check to see if he is Scotland Qualified.

doctor_grey

George Carlin and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 15 Apr - 8:03

I think we're all really hoping that Blarehorn's French sojourn allows him to make the next step towards fulfilling his potential. Then he can sign for Glasgow.

jimbopip

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Apr - 8:08

Problem is, we've always known he's excellent in attack but flakey elsewhere. In a Toulouse team oozing with attacking mindset, he's not really going to have much opportunity to improve the other parts of his game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 15 Apr - 9:27

I was about to say, where was that kinghorn a month ago? Was it just his rush back from injury we think?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 15 Apr - 9:36

I don't wish to upset Flounder (again) ....but deep breath, I don't think Toulouse carry any passengers. A full back who is flakey in defence is just too recherche for a top flight side.
Until now Blarehorn would never have got in the starting XV of a Warriors side that included Hogg, Russell, DTH and Seymour. But he would have been slotted comfortably into any MFL XV of the last 20 years.
If he is able to keep the 15 jersey at Toulouse then it will be because he has improved his defence and is operating at the level they expect.
Obviously if he works really, really hard then one day he might get to play for Glasgow.

jimbopip

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 15 Apr - 9:48

jimbopip wrote:I don't wish to upset Flounder (again) ....but deep breath, I don't think Toulouse carry any passengers. A full back who is flakey in defence is just too recherche for a top flight side.
Until now Blarehorn would never have got in the starting XV of a Warriors side that included Hogg, Russell, DTH and Seymour. But he would have been slotted comfortably into any MFL XV of the last 20 years.
If he is able to keep the 15 jersey at Toulouse then it will be because he has improved his defence and is operating at the level they expect.
Obviously if he works really, really hard then one day he might get to play for Glasgow.

Behind every Stafford there is an assistant who is more of a hindrance.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 15 Apr - 12:36

If kinghorn had just stayed with Edinburgh we would have beaten the sharks and and he wouldn’t have got injured in the first place so we would have won the grand slam and he would have been player of the six nations.

bsando

George Carlin, NeilyBroon and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 15 Apr - 13:44

RDW wrote:Problem is, we've always known he's excellent in attack but flakey elsewhere. In a Toulouse team oozing with attacking mindset, he's not really going to have much opportunity to improve the other parts of his game.
Being flakey in a country where they love a fresh croissant is not really a problem.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Hazel Sapling likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 15 Apr - 22:13

jimbopip wrote:I think we're all really hoping that Blarehorn's French sojourn allows him to make the next step towards fulfilling his potential. Then he can sign for Glasgow.
In all seriousness (for the next 5 minutes max) Blarehorn had a very good game.  He was a good second receiver, took his tries, and made most (all?) of his kicks.

I still don't really see him as a 10 except as a stand in, but he is a big lad and played that way as a 15.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Apr - 22:21

jimbopip wrote:I don't wish to upset Flounder (again) ....but deep breath, I don't think Toulouse carry any passengers. A full back who is flakey in defence is just too recherche for a top flight side.

What universe is this that Jimbo is defending Kinghorn...?

To be clear, kinghood is an international class fullback who has rightly succeeded Hoggy. We're very lucky to have him. Being a regular starter for one of the top clubs in Europe is no mean feat.

All I'm saying is things will come relatively easily for him playing in that team of superstars. Of course this could elevate his game to the next level, but when it comes to refining the finer parts of his game and his tendancy for flakiness at the top level, I'm not sure.

If they make the final against Leinster it will be a huge occasion for him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 15 Apr - 22:31

Jim may well have a point here.

Being flakey for Scotland or Edinburgh (in particular) just causes a few rsised eyebrows and few kasting consequences for a player of Blarehorns standing. If is not like we can replace him in Scotland.

That is not going to wash down in the South of France, especially with a player as good as Ramos on the bench!

He needs to turn up, week in week out for Toulouse or he won't get picked. Not a dilemma he ever faced at home.

Toonie and Blair may slso have done him a massive favour with their experimentation of him as a FH during Finn's lost year.

It has probably made him a better player and it definitely put him in the shop window. Toulouse clearly liked what they saw and on what we are seeing atm, they are proving decent judges.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Apr - 22:53

Yeah fair enough Biggee. I wasn't meaning to make a major point out of this!

Either way, let's hope he can bring that Toulouse mindset back to Scotland. Working out how to beat Leinster (aka Ireland) would be a good start.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 16 Apr - 10:57

Finn Russell sustained a significant groin injury last weekend and Cameron Redpath did ankle ligament damage in the same game.

Both will be lucky to play again this season.

I am sure Finn was getting the summer off in any case, but Redpath may have been pencilled in for at least part of the tour.

Rob Robertson, who has thankfully now left the Daily Mail and is writting for Scottish Rugby News now, was bigging up the prospect of Toonie taking Fergus Burke on tour this summer.

Scotland have spoken to him apparently but so have England.

We'll have to see on that one.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Rugby Fan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 16 Apr - 11:05

Shame for Bath who were looking strong this season. Not sure they'll get far in playoffs without Finn who has been the driving force in the team. Is this a heavy playing workload in recent years finally catching up on him?

Also shame for Redpath who has had a bad run of injuries.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 16 Apr - 16:11

BigGee wrote:Finn Russell sustained a significant groin injury last weekend and Cameron Redpath did ankle ligament damage in the same game.

Both will be lucky to play again this season.

I am sure Finn was getting the summer off in any case, but Redpath may have been pencilled in for at least part of the tour.

Rob Robertson, who has thankfully now left the Daily Mail and is writting for Scottish Rugby News now, was bigging up the prospect of Toonie taking Fergus Burke on tour this summer.

Scotland have spoken to him apparently but so have England.

We'll have to see on that one.

It's not as if we have a good record of playing alternative FHs beyond development games except when Toonie and Finn had their lover's quarrel. That may well be on Burke's mind if he has indeed been approached.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 18 Apr - 10:15

I wouldn’t be surprised if Burke sided with England. They’ve got some good upcoming fly halves but Hastings is still playing well when not injured and Healy, although suffering a dip in form, will be in the mix too. Burke would sure up that position very well for Scotland but it’s probably like for like with England.

Saying that, perhaps he’ll gain a few years experience and go back to super rugby looking to push for honours with the AB’s.

Just to add to that, in this age of sensationalism it’s easy to forget that players probably just want to take each career step as it comes rather than rush into making a big decision they will regret further down the line. Although it’s great to discuss the possibility of Burke playing for Scotland (and it is an exciting prospect), he’s not even played a game for Sarries yet.

bsando

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10