The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland's summer tour

3 posters

Go down

Ireland's summer tour Empty Ireland's summer tour

Post by carpet baboon Mon 18 Mar 2024, 4:16 pm

Two test tour to SA. Not an easy challenge.

But will SA be rebuilding? How many of there senior world cup winners have retired from international rugby? ,(I honestly don't know)

But who would you like to see go on tour?

Who do you think should be left at home?

Which young guns should go along to learn?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Ireland's summer tour Empty Re: Ireland's summer tour

Post by carpet baboon Mon 18 Mar 2024, 4:22 pm

Things I would personally like too see:

Furlong given the summer off. Let Finley, Jagger and O'Toole get decent minutes

Let's take a good mix of old heads and some young blood in the
back five, Ahern and McCann I would like to see go on tour. Maybe give Bernie the summer off

Think Timoney should be given a game at 6 or 7 his form deserved it

In the backs Casey needs to start, would love to see Hugh Gavin from the u20s go with the squad.

Frisch to come along if he wants too, and I hope Humes form improves and he gets called up.

Back 3 would like to see Bolton come along.

I hope a few more young lads stake a claim over the rest of the season.

Anyway throw in your opinions,

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 19 Mar 2024, 10:38 am

I think we have to go there with the strongest possible squad without the need to experiment or cap players for the sake of capping. Farrell will no doubt want the tour to be a success and will want to make a statement against the world champs. The November internationals will be the time to blood a few prospects and cap the likes of Frisch is it's what Farrell deems necessary. Personally I don't rate Frisch as highly as some might but that means nothing, I rate Haley much, much higher and think he could/should even be involved on the SA tour.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 19 Mar 2024, 11:18 am

carpet baboon wrote:Things I would personally like too see:

Furlong given the summer off. Let Finley, Jagger and O'Toole get decent minutes

Let's take a good mix of old heads and some young blood in the
back five, Ahern and McCann I would like to see go on tour. Maybe give Bernie the summer off

Think Timoney should be given a game at 6 or 7 his form deserved it

In the backs Casey needs to start, would love to see Hugh Gavin from the u20s go with the squad.

Frisch to come along if he wants too, and I hope Humes form improves and he gets called up.

Back 3 would like to see Bolton come along.

I hope a few more young lads stake a claim over the rest of the season.

Anyway throw in your opinions,

from the 20s Id love to see Gavin and Gleeson involved sooner rather than later however, young guns usually are involved in training camps first and then later in squads so I doubt they will make the touring squad. Not sure if either have played for their province yet either?

Other guys from the under 20s that looked decent were De Klerk, Odogbo and Hugo McLaughlin. I dont think McLaughlin is the first name lots will think of but I think he has a lot of potential. He is a very balanced runner with lovely hands and decent skill. He was part of Gonzaga's historic first ever senior cup win and looks a very tidy player.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Tue 19 Mar 2024, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down