The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs Scotland W6N

+2
Poorfour
bsando
6 posters

Go down

Wales vs Scotland W6N Empty Wales vs Scotland W6N

Post by bsando Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:44 pm

Wales vs Scotland 

Cardiff Arms Park
(kick-off 4.45pm GMT) – live on BBC 2 and iPlayer

Wales

Jenny Hesketh; Jasmine Joyce, Hannah Jones, Kerin Lake, Nel Metcalfe; Lleucu George, Keira Bevan; Gwenllian Pyrs, Kelsey Jones, Sisilia Tuipulotu, Natalia John, Abbie Fleming, Alisha Butchers, Alex Callender, Bethan Lewis.

Replacements: Carys Phillips, Abbey Constable, Donna Rose, Georgia Evans, Kate Williams, Sian Jones, Niamh Terry, Carys Cox.

Scotland 

Meryl Smith; Rhona Lloyd, Emma Orr, Lisa Thomson, Coreen Grant; Helen Nelson, Caity Mattinson; Leah Bartlett, Lana Skeldon, Christine Belisle, Emma Wassell, Sarah Bonar, Rachel Malcolm, Alex Stewart, Evie Gallagher.

Replacements:  Elis Martin, Molly Wright, Elliann Clarke, Louise McMillan, Rachel McLachlan, Mairi McDonald, Shona Campbell, Chloe Rollie.

bsando

RiscaGame likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wales vs Scotland W6N Empty Re: Wales vs Scotland W6N

Post by bsando Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:50 pm

Great win for Scotland! Made it hard for themselves at the end but they escaped with 4 points!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm

A really good game -though Wales’ decision to kick it out at the end was very odd. I presume someone must have been on autopilot.

Still looks like France vs England will be the decisive game of the tournament. Scotland were good today, but I don’t think they have enough to counter England.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:46 am

It was a really good entertaining game to watch. The ladies were very Scottish in not taking the opportunity to kick points, and then come away from the 22 without any. But, they did take chances and looked urgent and cohesive. They have really improved over the last 12 months, it would be great to see them finish in the top half of the table.

The France v Ireland game was also good to watch, and appeared to be at 100mph for most of it.

Some of the officiating was a bit iffy. Some forward passes, knock ons and offsides seemed to be just ignored - quite a few in favour of France, and a couple in favour of Wales. Didn't sway the results, but there did seem to be some favouring the higher ranked side.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:34 am

Poorfour wrote:A really good game -though Wales’ decision to kick it out at the end was very odd. I presume someone must have been on autopilot.

Still looks like France vs England will be the decisive game of the tournament. Scotland were good today, but I don’t think they have enough to counter England.

Scotland deserved win but England are another level above.

I really like the womens game, often a far more enjoyable watch than some turgid mens games!

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:03 am

Yep France and England are way ahead of the rest at the moment but hopefully we'll see Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy close the gap a bit over the coming seasons.

I liked that Scottish backline play and the service from Mattinson was really speedy. A strong showing from Smith who had an assist for the first try. The passing in general looked very accurate but I thought Scotland could have done better to kill the game earlier in the second half given how much territory and possession they had. Their line out was excellent all game then they stuffed one up near half way and suddenly Wales had a penalty in Scotland's half and were over the line after a Scotland yellow card. Felt a little familiar!!

From the games I've watched against Wales in the past, often Wales won via their pack but Scotland seemed to match them better this time. Some really good defence but Tuipulotu is very tough to stop at close range. I think Wales had no choice but to kick at the end but it looked misjudged to me. Probably should have tried a chip over the top after some phases of play.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:55 pm

Anglobraveheart wrote:Some of the officiating was a bit iffy. Some forward passes, knock ons and offsides seemed to be just ignored - quite a few in favour of France, and a couple in favour of Wales. Didn't sway the results, but there did seem to be some favouring the higher ranked side.
I only saw the highlights, but I thought there are refs that would have given a pen try to Wales at the end, and that could have changed the result.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:27 pm

Poorfour wrote:A really good game -though Wales’ decision to kick it out at the end was very odd. I presume someone must have been on autopilot.

Was it really a kick to touch do you think? I thought it was just a poor box kick down field that went out by mistake! Either way, the kick was the wrong choice. Kick it and it’s 50/50. Keep ball in hand and try to trundle up the pitch and see if you can force a penalty or better. Easier said than done, but kicking away possession was far too risky.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down