The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric

5 posters

Go down

Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric Empty Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric

Post by Kenny Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

Spurs have rejected a £22 million bid from Chelsea for Luka Modric although Chelsea are set to up the bid, if they could get a player plus cash deal maybe Sturridge plus £15 million imo that would be a good deal .
Spurs then go back on for Charlie Adam?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric Empty Re: Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric

Post by CFCNick Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

I'm not a fan of Modric, I think he's good but I don't see where he'd fit in the Chelsea team with Essien, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires and the delevopment of McEachran already in motion.

Maybe Lamps could be on his way out starting with less games in 2011-12.

But Spurs would be mad thinking Adam is an adequate replacement if they sell Modric. He's so overrated it's ridiculous, he's great for Blackpool but so is DJ Campbell.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric Empty Re: Spurs reject £22 million bid from Chelsea for Modric

Post by Kenny Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:I'm not a fan of Modric, I think he's good but I don't see where he'd fit in the Chelsea team with Essien, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires and the delevopment of McEachran already in motion.

Maybe Lamps could be on his way out starting with less games in 2011-12.

But Spurs would be mad thinking Adam is an adequate replacement if they sell Modric. He's so overrated it's ridiculous, he's great for Blackpool but so is DJ Campbell.

Ok who could replace Modric at Spurs ? Harry has looked at Adam and Parker in this country and apparantley Diego at Wolfsburg ( a player i really like for Liverpool ) . Lots of good players out there but not sure i can see Spurs paying top prices ? a bit of the old Harry wheeler dealing in the offing .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

I don't get all the 'Adam is overrated' nonsense, the boy has been outstanding for the last two years, he deserves the plaudits and deserves a move to a good club, guys like Ferguson, Dalglish and Redknapp rate him highly and since they no a bit about the game i'd say calling him overrated holds no weight what so ever. £22m for Modric seems a helluva lot of cash, seems like the same problems will still be at the Bridge, £22m bid from a managerless club...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:18 am

the-gaffer wrote:I don't get all the 'Adam is overrated' nonsense, the boy has been outstanding for the last two years, he deserves the plaudits and deserves a move to a good club, guys like Ferguson, Dalglish and Redknapp rate him highly and since they no a bit about the game i'd say calling him overrated holds no weight what so ever. £22m for Modric seems a helluva lot of cash, seems like the same problems will still be at the Bridge, £22m bid from a managerless club...

gaffer your right id forgot Chelsea havent got a manager , Hiddink and Hughes in the frame either together or separately but it does seem Roman makes all the decisions regarding transfers .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:27 am

Roman is reading The Sun back pages too much. If United "want" a player, so does Chelsea.

I wouldn't be suprised if Ferguson is waiting out on Nasri's contract talks with Arsenal and if Nasri doesn't come he'll go for Modric. I also wouldn't be suprised if he hasn't spoken to Harry Redknapp and said this also. It would go part way to explaining why we haven't bidded yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:32 am

£22 million for Modric is a helluva lot of cash???it will take a helluva lot more to prise Modric away.......considering Spurs spent £16 million on him and he has improved vastly in the last 2 years......

Derisory offer which has only been made to turn Modrics' head

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:59 am

£22m for a world class and proven premiership midfielder would be a snip for me. Look at Henderson for £20m; he has potential but he is no Modric.

I'd prefer to see Modric at United in honesty, I think he'd be an excellent replacement for Scholes and he'll be able to play some good attacking football like Spurs.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down