The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst dressed players on tour...

+16
Nay
super_realist
NedB-H
Maverick
dynamark
drive4show
kwinigolfer
sharrison01
MustPuttBetter
detones
Redrage
Diggers
shclaff
LondonJonnyO
JPX
theeldestboy
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best and worst dressed players on tour... - Page 2 Empty Best and worst dressed players on tour...

Post by theeldestboy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Call me a snob, or a tart, or indeed any other adjective you like, but i must say i think professional golfers have an obligation to dress smartly on tour. By that, i mean wearing clothes that actaully fit, that are somewhat colour co-ordinated, having a semi-respectable haircut and a generally respectable appearance. These guys represent the game, are watched by millions. Yet some of them look bloody awful. For me, pro golfers fall into 4 categories;

- players that adopt "traditional" golfing attire, and look smart (Monty, though his frame doesn't make it look good!)
- players that adopt "modern" golfing attire, and look smart (Villegas / Garcia)
- players that make some sort of attempt, but look a bit scruffy (Eduardo Molinari)
- players that clearly don't give a hoot (Robert Jan Derkson)

Poulter and Fowler, well they're in a category all of their own, but personally, i like a bit of individuality. And though garish, they at least make an effort and look smart.

And has anyone ever noticed that Eduardo Molinari always appears to be wearing a child's size hat...or has that man just got a massive head? Or that Phil Mickelson's t-shirts are just a little too "fitted" for a man of his size? Or that Manassero's trousers are a little to narrow? And who's that guy that sports the camouflage clothing...Boo Weekley?...should he be jailed for that? And that chap with the stetson hat with Titleist (or Taylormade) written on it...wtf?

It's Thursday here, the last day of the working week. So this, for me at least, is an end-of-the-week bit of fun, so humour me.

So do players have an obligation to dress smartly on tour, or should they be allowed (within reason), to wear what they want? Who are the best and worst dressed players on Tour? What other funny clothing faux-pas or oddities have you spotted else have you spotted?

We've done the discussion about attire for amateurs, so let's not go there again.

I look forwrad to your replies, be they abusive or constructive...
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Best and worst dressed players on tour... - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst dressed players on tour...

Post by Yadsendew Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

oldparwin wrote:Thought that Bubba Watson was one of the worst dress players at the open today, no matter what the cause was, camouflage does not look right on the golf course

Further to Oldparwin’s comment I’m a bit concerned now.

I'm playing golf today (afternoon) in a charity competition in aid of Help for Hero's. I was wondering whether I should play in my camouflage outfit! I’m not so sure now for, as often happens, my errant golf will put me in the rough or even worse Woods. Perhaps no one would see me, and being the forgetful old codger that I am, I may forget my way back and, like most of my golf balls, I might be lost forever.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Best and worst dressed players on tour... - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst dressed players on tour...

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

Yads - you'd best take your iPhone so you can continue to post on here if you are indeed lost forever
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:Yads - you'd best take your iPhone so you can continue to post on here if you are indeed lost forever

Good advice MPB - if I had one I'd do that. I'll take my trusty old whistle instead Wink

I was looking for my very expensive camouflage outfit last night but couldn't seem to find it anywhere Rolling Eyes

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2